[Storkie Magic Competition] Entry 1 - Void Magic

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

[Storkie Magic Competition] Entry 1 - Void Magic

Postby NaCl » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:44 am

main page
website for easy reference of what I need to include

w/o magic expression
alternate form w/o magic expression
scale for gigantism
Silver with Classic Tabby and Ruff
Legendary/Lost Void Magic
[NR] custom lined, expression edit, eye shape edit, hair
[LIM] longer fur, fangs, tongue edit, full eye, dark sclera, ear tufts, missing limbx2, kinked/genetically broken tail
[LEG] height edit(gigantism), genesplice (snake), short fur, form change
Non-Passable Paragon Level Magic Expression
note: traits in italics are only present on the alternate form

- fully black eyes
- seen as "opposite" to Absent
- while Absent is the lack of magic, Void is the excess of magic
- Legendary or Lost tier
- able to "borrow" other magic and copy some abilities of their domain, but the magic expresses in a dark and "distorted" way
- able to copy more domains at higher levels
- able to copy one domain and other similar domains at starting level
- the higher the rarity, the more difficult it is for Void to copy that magic [ie, Solar being much harder to copy than Fire]

- magic expresses in dark arcane swirls and black smoke consuming parts of the body
Last edited by NaCl on Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Void Domain

Postby NaCl » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:11 am

Void Magic Domain
Void Magic is widely regarded as the opposite of Absent magic. While Absent is the lack of magic, Void is the excess. A Storkatten with Void magic is able to copy the abilities of other magic domains through intense study of the domain they are trying to replicate, due to this Void magic has also been referred to as a "dark twin" to Arcane magic.

Void magic can do, including but not limited to, the following;
- "Borrow" aspects of certain domains
- Copy the magic of creatures they have seen perform certain spells
- at higher levels able to copy a magic with only having seen it for a moment, or not at all
- Master several different domains over the course of their life time
- Copy the magic of lower rarity magics based on their species
- the higher the rarity the harder it is for the domain to be copied

Void Magic Leveling Guide

Novice: Default Level
A Novice level Void user is starting to learn how to copy a lower level domain, such as fire. Here one will start to learn where their talent lies, and what domains they have a knack for. copying your chosen domain can be very hard at first, and your mastery of your chosen domain might be weaker compared to those born into the domain, but don't give up! Void magic is hard to master.

Advanced: Unlocked at 100 MP
At this level you'll start to get a proper grasp on your first domain, and you may begin to expand into other domains or choose to stay studying the initial domain you chose. You're getting much better with controlling the magic you copy, you're less prone to accidents and your true power is starting to surface.

Adept: Unlocked at 200 MP
Here, the true colours of Void magic begin to shine through, you're not only able to copy magic, you can absorb it as well. Perhaps you discovered this in a sparring match with a classmate, and the bolt of magic they sent at you was absorbed and shot back at them. Maybe you're scared of this, or maybe you embrace it. You're now able to take your enemies magic and turn it against them.
As a leveling reward, you may claim a Gift or Accessory from Null.

Master: Unlocked at 300 MP
At this stage in your magic journey, you have completely mastered the domain you initially set out to copy, and you're honing the skills of other domains you may have picked up along the way. Here your ability to turn magic against its users is getting more powerful, and you may not even need to see them use their magic to turn it against them. At this stage, when you see a cat use their magic you are able to almost perfectly copy what you saw.
As a leveling reward, you may claim [Reward]. Alternatively, you may claim another Gift or Accessory from Null.
Last edited by NaCl on Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Introduction to Void Magic

Postby NaCl » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:20 am

during a time of developing magic, those born with too much magic were seen as dangerous, their magic volatile and unstable. But, select few creatures managed to get their unstable magic under control and began searching within themselves to see what they could do. as more magics developed, Void magic evolved in the shadows, magicians learning how to leach off of those who had more control over their powers, and learning from simply observing those with magic move through their lives. Void magic seemed to emerge later after many magics were already established, but in reality they just kept themselves hidden and only revealed themselves when they felt they had enough control over their unstable magic.

History of Null
The origin of Void magic can be tied back to Arcane, when a creature was born with a surplus of Arcane magic, their magic so saturated it turned their magic expression black. This was a storkatten named Null, as his parents believed he was born with no magic, but dark eyes.
Null began to pick up on his parents magic, and when he went to show them that he too could perform the tricks they could, they were horrified to see their son holding up a black mass of twisted Arcane magic. Null didn't understand why they were afraid, he could do magic! just like them! but they said it was not real magic, it was dark, it was evil. Null was told to hide his magic and never perform it again, what would the Paragons think? they told him. But Null didn't care, he would show the world his magic was just as worthy as the other magic around him.
Null spent years practicing his magic in secret, learning what he could do. He discovered he could absorb magic into himself one night when he was using a candle to read through texts on Arcane magic. Null had been staring at the texts, trying to understand what they were saying, trying to absorb the knowledge into him, but instead he felt a burning sensation in his chest and the room went dark. He gasped and scrambled around for his candle but it somehow had gone out, confused Null waved his paw near the candle and it lit up again, the burning sensation gone. He had just absorbed fire magic directly from a candle.
Null used these newfound powers to slowly leach off of the storkatten in his colony, whom were mainly Arcane magicians. His power grew and he was now on the same level as his parents, powerful arcane magicians. When he went to show his colony what he could do, they were terrified, called him a monster, and blamed him for their weakened magic. While they were not wrong, it was not Nulls intention, he only wanted to learn, to be accepted. But on this day he learned it was not his time, Void magic didn't have a place in this world of magic.
So he left. That night he packed everything he could fit in his bags and left his village. For years he wandered, absorbing the magic of the world around him, twisting his body as scales began to grow, his fangs sharpening and his tongue turning to a fork.

No one truly knows what has become of Null, but some speak of a dark eyed monster lurking in the depths of the forest, its body much larger than a regular storkatten and its lower half that of a snake. dark swirling mist billowing from its mouth as it consumes your magic, leaving you with nothing. The last thing you see is it's eyes flaring the colour of your now stolen magic as it slithers back off into the depths of the woods it came from.
Last edited by NaCl on Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nulls Gifts

Postby NaCl » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am

Gifts
Magic Reversal
allow you to turn someone's own magic against them.
bound to your Void magic level.
Novice - redirect a minor attack/effect. Advanced - can hold an attack/effect for a few seconds before firing it back. Adept - can hold an attack/effect for up to one minute before firing it back. Master - can hold an attack/effect for thirty minutes before firing back. Paragon - your redirection knows no limits, you can hold and store attacks/effects from several different creatures for as long as you like before firing against someone else.

Divine Gifts
Magic Leaching
This allows you to consume the magic of creatures around you and later be able to use it for yourself. The ability to utilize this magic depends on if you have practiced that domain in the past. You may only redeem this at Adept or higher.

Accessories
Hood of Shade
a small cloak with a hood, the darkness it casts hides the face of the wearer. Perhaps to hide the shame or pain of your magic.

Divine Accessories
Minor Magic Expression - Adept or higher
Allows for minimal magic expression of Void, as outlined by the magic expression guidelines.

Master Magic Expression - Master or higher
Allows for major magic expression of Void, as outlined by the magic expression guidelines.

Snakes Eye
a charm of a snakes eye, pure black with a stark white pupil. This allows you to store different types of magic up to four magic "points"
Basic: 1 point || Rare: 2 points || Limited: 3 points || Legendary: 4 points
this accessory is unable to store lost or hybrid magic types.
Last edited by NaCl on Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Void Magic Expression

Postby NaCl » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:57 am

Eye Guide
dark shades of greys and near black. Can be slightly tined other colours but must be very close to grey. Automatically comes with the Limited trait Full Eye.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Storkie Magic Competition] Entry 1 - Void Magic

Postby kiwipen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:55 am

Congratulations! Your magic was chosen, and you'll be able to keep your entry.

Here is your finalized trait list:

[NR] custom lined, expression edit, eye shape edit, hair
[LIM] longer fur, fangs, tongue edit, full eye, dark sclera, ear tufts, missing limbx2, kinked/genetically broken tail
[LEG] height edit(gigantism), genesplice (snake), short fur, form change
Non-Passable Paragon Level Magic Expression

Magic: Mirror
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me