1900 Short Backstory Summary

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

1900 Short Backstory Summary

Postby Rosemoon » Sun May 30, 2021 8:41 am

Main Page

The Caretaker of the Garden of Souls
My name is Bás and I am the protector of the Church of Heavenly Followers. I am what is known in English and Scandinavian folklore as a Church Grim. Follow through to seek knowledge of my work and life.

Who Was I?
I was once just a regular kalon who worked with the local church. I would clean and care for the church to show my devotion to the house of God. I did this every day and every night 24/7 365. My parents were proud, I even attended high school and graduated with high honors. At the time, that was a very big accomplishment. It wasn't long after that all that was undone by the accident that happened after. I was cleaning around the cemetery when I had fell into an open grave. I should have been paying attention, I don't really know what got into me! I must've been distracted somehow, I don't remember. I bumped my head on something and passed out. Waking up some time later, I crawled out of the hole and there standing was a handsome kal with dark dreads and covered in exposed bone. He looked like a battle worn Kal, the bone his armor. I mean it when I say he was handsome. He told me I had passed, buried alive on accident after my fall. Morbid, but I accepted my fate. I'm neutral on the subject of death, and at that point it's not like there was anything I could do about that, what was done was done. He said because I was buried there beneath the church grounds, it was now my sworn duty to continue to care for it as I had in life. I don't particularly understand the logic of that, but I loved the church and so I didn't exactly have any quarrels about it. I was even gifted powers to protect it, now here I am! I can see auras and spirits, I have stone elemental powers, lots of cool stuff!

A Hard Day's Work
My job is simple. I wait for someone in the nearby town to die. I guess it's more complicated than that, I can sense when someone is about to die and I toll the church bell to let anyone who heard know that someone is about to pass. THEN I wait. When they show up, I guide them to the church. For a whole night it's then they're duty to give me a break and watch it for me, and if anyone happens to intrude and cause problems I can easily return and take back over. I do some wandering about the town "resting", which is essentially just me getting food for fun. I don't eat, drink, sleep, or use the toilet anymore, but I like to pretend since it feels normal still to have that sort of routine. Other than that, I just do basic maintenance and up keep. Once the dead has done their job for the night, I take over again and send them on their way, where a grim reaper will collect them and bring them to their predetermined destination. If someone asks where they will end up, I can tell them. If someone comes to destroy the church or steal souls, I used my powers of stone to literally crush my enemy. I also use my powers to repair and replace old tombstones. It's all very simple, and I love it more than anything in the world.

Who Am I Now
Now I am not just nobody, but I'm not a whole lot of somebody too. I'm just me. And I'm okay with that. I like my new purpose, even if it does feel a bit empty. Or, at least it did at first. I spent my whole life wondering what I was missing, searching for it. What I found was the two best friends a kal could ask for. I wouldn't trade it for anything, I'm content with what I have. Even if things get rough, and I somehow get hurt and tired, it all ends up worth it to see my friends and feel a sense of accomplishment. I think that's alright, after all what's life without a little good company?
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me