An Endless List || Readoption Tryout

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

An Endless List || Readoption Tryout

Postby deerbroken » Sun May 16, 2021 9:45 am

tryout form for this readopt !!
credits for images/art/etc will be on the next page, however the form will only be on the first.
This form is best read on PC. The coding may look a bit odd on mobile.
Here's a plain text version if the format is hard for you to read!

Last edited by deerbroken on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Viscount, Lord Graham

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:23 am

Name: Graham Lancaster
    Birthdate: november 25th
    Sign: sagittarius
    Interests: books, memorabilia, diplomacy, and historical sites.
    Dislikes: loud noises, chaos, violence, and crowded spaces.
    Status: Viscount of Mercurio, deemed an important member of the royal court.

His Job:
    An advisor of sorts to Aquilo. He oversees the daily work of the king.
    He's been granted extra permissions due to a recent attempt at assassination.
    Despite his somewhat cold demeanor, he’s happy to do as much as he can.
    He’s worked as a staff member so he’s sympathetic when it comes to the household chores,
    and he tries to be understanding with the townsfolk and the royal family alike.

His relationship with the king, Aquilo, is primarily as his advisor. Aside from that, he also
    grew up around him, often having him visit when times of turmoil in his home became too much.
    They would play in the garden and discuss things they’d learned in their studies, ignoring the
    warring world outside of the foreign castle’s walls.

Associates

Name: King Aquilius Blackburne, often called "Aquilo"

Relationship: Graham's boss, as well as an old friend. The two have trusted each other for longer than they can remember, and with Aquilo's current condition Graham has (mostly) taken over for him. It isn't meant to be permanent, but Graham is sure that the young king is deserving of a break.

Name: Aorm (full name undisclosed)

Relationship: A well known guard and Aquilo's personal watchman,
    Aorm tends to be on edge around others after the attempt on the king's life.
    He is suspicious of everyone, and while the kingdom has done its best to unmask
    the assassin, they've had little headway in the investigation.

Name: Prince Israfel Blackburne

Relationship: Israfel, a half-blood demon and the brother of Aquilo, has caused trouble in the past and is expected to do so again. As a young man, he spurred on a raging war between their father's kingdom and another. Graham doesn't know him personally, but he's wary of him, as most of the kingdom is.
Last edited by deerbroken on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:45 am, edited 11 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The List

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:33 am

To-Do List

- speak with the townsfolk
    - speak with the captain of the guards
    - organize the library

Last edited by deerbroken on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Townsfolk

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:33 am

Graham sighs as the common folk begin to line up in front of the throne room, all expecting to address their concerns to the king. Much as he and the court has tried, there are still whispers of rumors, mentions of an assassination attempt directed at the king. Graham is quick to dismiss it, not wanting to give the wrong idea. As he sighs again, a leather-bound notebook in his hands, he waves, beckoning the first person to come up before the pedestal. “How might I help you today?”

“We need more resources for the farmlands,” the young woman says, pulling the cloth bonnet further down her head. “There aren’t enough seeds, and the ground has gone dry. We need water, more seeds. More farmers, even. Anything would help.”

“I’ll look into it,” Graham says, writing down a brief description of the woman’s request. “Was that all you had?”

“Yes,” she mumbles, fiddling with her hands. “Thank you, my lord.” Graham gives them a brief smile, before he waves them off again, tucking a stray piece of hair behind his ear before the next patron comes before him.

Last edited by deerbroken on Sun May 30, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Captain

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:34 am

“Is it safe?”

The shadows are dark in the alcove he and the captain of the guard are under, far enough away from the street to avoid any unwanted listeners.

“It is,” the captain says, his hands behind his back as he holds a proud stance. “We’ve swept the area. It’s not the former prince, we’re sure of it,” he says, looking triumphant. “But I am regretful that this incident occurred in the first place. It won’t happen again, you have my word.”

“Wonderful,” Graham says, gives him a short nod as he peers around the corner, looking for others walking by. When he’s satisfied with the emptiness of the street, he takes a few steps, giving the other man a brief smile before he heads back towards the castle.

Last edited by deerbroken on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Library

Flipping through old, worn pages, Graham gives a relieved sigh, fussing diligently over a book that he’s been trying to repair for some time. The hardback cover and spine of the book had nearly come unfurled, and the pages were delicate, some of them tattered with burns or stains.

When he’s satisfied with what he’s done for the day, he closes the book gently, leaving it on a pedestal as he moves to another section of the library. A few books are out of place, and he takes some time to sort them, dusting off the shelves and pulling little strips of paper meant to serve as bookmarks from the tomes that have long since been returned.

For a moment, he sits in one of the plush chairs that are littered through the vast hall of books, eyes closing while the silence envelops him. Murmuring can be heard somewhere outside of the room, perhaps down the hall or in a place below him. For now, though, he forgets about his troubles, wanting nothing more than to dive into a good book for the rest of the afternoon. Alas, he has work to do, so he stands again, dusting his pants off as he pulls his personal notebook from a table, and heads back to the main part of the building.

Last edited by deerbroken on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

---

Last edited by deerbroken on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The King

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:35 am

Finally finished with his tasks for the day, he gives a worn sigh, sinking into the chair in the staff break room while he tries to recuperate. Just as he starts to feel comfortable, someone comes in, calling his name quietly between each room. “In here,” he says, waving his hand a little to get the other person’s attention. When she comes in, she looks a bit nervous, and he recognizes the woman as a new employee. He smiles sympathetically at her, and sits up in the chair, his full attention on her. “What can I do for you?”

“King Aquilo is requesting your presence, my lord.”

He nods, rubbing his chin. He can’t recall a meeting being discussed beforehand; he tries not to worry that it’s another emergency, but after seeing the king wounded and bedridden after the last time he’d been called to a meeting with him, he can’t help but feel fear shudder through him. “I’ll be up in a moment,” he says, giving the woman a nod while he stands. “Where is he, exactly?”

“In his room, my lord,” she says, bowing before she leaves. Graham sighs again, running a hand through his bangs as he moves with a purpose to the castle’s stairs, up to the living quarters and straight to the king’s room.

When Graham arrives, the king is sitting at his desk, just before a set of windows. Some of the curtains are drawn shut, but not so much that they don't let in light. As the young king hears the doors open, he sighs softly, turning in his seat to face the viscount. "Graham," he says, his voice warm, if not a bit worn-out as well. "How nice it is to see you again."

"And I you, my lord," he offers, takes a short bow before he approaches him. The king's personal guard hits the butt of his spear on the ground, reminding the man not to get too close, before Aquilo waves him off.

"Aorm, this is my most trusted associate. Please pay him no mind. He is to be trusted." The guard seems unhappy, but looks off, following orders. "I've asked you here because I want to propose an idea: I'm going to leave. If I'm to go, someone will need to be in charge. My brother, wherever he might be, could catch wind of it and come back to take over. So, I want to leave you in charge. But I'd like to make it more official." Graham raises a brow, as does the guard, both of them puzzled while they wait for the young man to continue. "And so I would like to propose a marriage," he continues, clasping his hands together. The guard looks appalled for a moment, clearly upset with the prospect. Graham laughs, nervous, and shrugs his shoulders, not wanting to start a spar between the two of them.

"My lord, I must ask," he says, running a hand over one of the braids in his hair. "Do you really think that would be enough?" Aquilo is quick to nod, a serious look in his eyes.

"It should be enough. Should he return, a scout of some sort shall notify me in my hideaway. Only you three, the priest, and perhaps one other to bear witness will know of this."

He nods, but the guard still seems disgruntled. "Aquilo--" he begins, before clearing his throat, and correcting himself. "My lord. You can't be serious of this," he comments, giving him an intense stare.

"I must," the king replies, sighing softly. "And to marry a guard-- that would be unfathomable. They might send me out before I can leave myself." Graham gives him an odd stare for a moment, before realizing that he means to say that he and the guard are something of an item. He'd heard rumors, but hardly thought it could be true, and even hearing it from the man himself, can't seem to fathom it. "It is a political marriage, Aorm. And we will discuss no more of it."

The guard, ever upset, leaves the room without another word. Aquilo sighs, offering Graham a sympathetic smile as he clasps his hands together. "If you wouldn't mind it," he continues, "I think it would be a good failsafe, if nothing else. Of course, it would lock you into a contract of sorts; but, I know that you can handle the kingdom should I not return. You've made that clear in my leave of absence."

"Of course, my lord. I would be honored." He bows again, offering him a soft smile.

"Tomorrow at dusk, then." Aquilo smiles, twitching his nose. With their contract to be sealed, the king bids Graham farewell for the evening. As the man leaves, his mind runs wild with the idea of it all; to become the king himself, as Aquilo's stand-in. His status won't be made public unless it must be, but should the king's brother return to wreak havoc, he can keep the people of their home safe.

Last edited by deerbroken on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:22 am, edited 12 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Meeting

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:36 am

The next morning Graham feels jittery; to know that he's to be married sometime in the evening, to a man he's been close with all his life, feels a little strange, a little exciting. He doesn't know what to think of it. It's for politic's sake, of course, but it's hard for Graham not to feel a bit touched by the whole idea of it. The king, leaving shortly after their ceremony, entrusting an entire kingdom in his hands... He can't fathom what he's feeling, the emotions of it a whirlwind in his chest. Feeling a bit sentimental, he decides he'll go see the king prior to their secret meeting, his leather journal in one hand, taking a jaunt down the main hallway to his room. He sees the door cracked, and freezes up a bit, not wanting to interrupt his breakfast, or whatever business might be in the process of being conducted. He waits, but he leans closer, resting his side against the doorframe.

"I can't believe you," he hears from the room, the voice not belonging to Aquilo. "To do this to me, and then run away. You're a coward."

"It's for the safety of my people," the king replies, and he can hear him huff, the sound of him shifting in the bed, perhaps to cross his arms or something of that manner. "And you know that they wouldn't accept you as their king."

There's loud pacing, the other person in the room, perhaps Aorm, grumbling under his breath. "You can't do this!" He says again, slamming his fist down on what Graham assumes is the desk in the room. "I won't allow it."

"It's a political marriage," Aquilo starts, and he sighs again, the sound of it more sympathetic, understanding, rather than the frustrated ones he'd been giving Aorm moments ago. "I don't love him, Aorm." Aorm, Graham thinks. He was right. "I have to protect them from my brother. You know what he'll do if he gets his hands on the crown."

There's a long silence, and Graham starts to realize that Aquilo is talking about him, the voices in the room fading out of his perception. It's a political marriage, the king's words echo in his ears. I don't love him.

The words cut like a knife, and Graham stumbles as he pushes away from the wall, trying to walk away before he's caught eavesdropping. As he struggles to walk straight he trips over a table, barely catching the ceramic vase that rests on top of it. He forces a breath from his lungs as he puts it back, scooting the table into place again before he continues. A staff member looks at him, but he must look like he's seen a ghost, for they look away respectfully. It's a political marriage, he hears again, and again, and again. I don't love him.

When the time comes to meet the king in the basement of the old church down the street, Graham is much less excited. After hearing his exchange with Aorm, it begins to feel more of a duty, a part of his job rather than a secret declaration of affection. He sighs sharply as he enters the cellar of the decrepit building, candles littering the room with a soft light casting on the crowd of three in the center of the room. He closes the doors behind him quietly, and tries to put on a smile when he approaches the group, but it's hard to hide the way he's feeling.

"Are you alright?" Aquilo asks, and while he'd once taken comfort in the way he cares, the sound of his voice just reminds him of the conversation this morning. I don't love him.

"I'm fine," Graham says, and smiles a little wider, surely knowing that the expression looks forced. "Shall we begin?"

The bishop, a man he's seen before, and another member of the royal court, someone he and Aquilo both trust, are present to bear witness. The man of holy stature suggests making the ceremony short and to the point, and all of them agree, sharing brief looks with each other. Graham struggles to hear the words the bishop utters, staring blankly at him as he fails to focus on him. Those words start to come again, and he chastises himself, looking to the floor. Stop it, he tells himself, shaking his head in frustration. Cast your feelings aside. This is important.

When he looks to the king again, the other man smiles at him sympathetically, squeezing his hands. He didn't realize he'd taken them in the first place, and his expression changes quickly from irritable to shocked before he catches himself. The bishop begins to ask the questions towards the end of the ceremony, and Graham puts his attention to him, trying to listen intently.

"In sickness and in health, till death do you part?" He raises his brow as the bishop looks to him, and he nods, still holding the king's hands in his own.

"I do."

"And do you, King Aquilius Blackburne of Mercurio, take Graham to be your husband, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

"I do," the king says, and the bishop nods, closing the bible within his hands.

"Then I now pronounce you as husband and, erm, husband. You may kiss the groom, should it please you, my lord."

Aquilo shrugs, laughing a bit awkwardly as he looks to Graham for confirmation. "Um, alright," he says, feeling a bit odd about the casual nature of all of this, despite the importance of the ceremony.

They kiss, very briefly, almost chaste as their lips barely touch. "Thank you, Graham," Aquilo says, giving him a genuine smile. He shakes their hands together before releasing, giving a short sigh as he steps back. "Now I can go in peace. I thank you, all of you, for helping me with this endeavor. I truly look forward to my time away, though I shall miss you all. Please, take care of my kingdom for me, Graham. I entrust you with that, and with my life. Till death do us part, I suppose." He laughs, running a hand through his hair.

"Now I must go," he murmurs before Graham can respond, and gives a short bow to him, the bishop, and the other court member. "I will be off in a mere matter of hours. I thank you all, again. I am forever in your debt." He smiles before he takes off, rushing to the stairs that lead inside the church itself. The bishop begins to speak with the other man in the room, and Graham sees himself out, stepping into the brisk air of the evening from the cellar doors. He sighs, his hands rested on his hips, as he tries to make sense of his feelings on the whole matter.

He doesn't sleep that night, or the next, confused and lost within his own mind. The meaning of the ceremony is lost on him. Perhaps it is only political. But then why did they share a kiss? It's not required, is it? After a matter of days, he shakes it off, trying to focus on his work. Running the kingdom is an important job, and be it romantic or not, Aquilo has left it up to him. He notices Aorm, a few days after the king's leave, surprised to see that he hasn't left with the monarch himself.

"Aorm?" he asks, his voice very genuinely confused. "You're still here?"

"Yes," he says, his voice seeping with bitterness. "I could not go with-- I could not take my leave, with our ambassador." They've agreed, between the few who know of his leaving, to discuss it as an ambassador leaving the castle, telling the public that the king is still present, though in need of recovery. "I don't think I shall see him again."

Aorm frowns, staring daggers into the floor as Graham stands only feet from him, his journal clasped in his hands protectively. "I'm sorry," he murmurs, unsure of whether or not he should comfort this man, given that he's caused so much turmoil for him.

"It's no trouble. I have a job to do." Graham nods as the other man looks at him, trying to look sympathetic. He can understand, too, how the guard must be feeling. Having to give the person he loves over to someone else is no easy task, regardless of the importance of it.

"As do I." Graham smiles a bit more cheerfully, and touches the man's arm, a bit hesitant when the look Aorm gives him could kill him if he wasn't already numb. "Um, thank you, Aorm. I um, appreciate your presence here, nonetheless."

The guard grunts, but he gives him a stern nod, before taking his stance once again as he stays by the king's door. Graham rushes off down the hall, worried that Aorm might become a problem in the future, but when he glances back at him the man's expression softens a bit, and he looks to where Graham had touched him. Perhaps they might get along, after enough time has passed. Perhaps not, he thinks, but he can dream of it.

Last edited by deerbroken on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Epilogue

Postby deerbroken » Wed May 26, 2021 3:36 am

The text reads "To my husband"

Last edited by deerbroken on Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me