❂ Kal tyout - Aether ❂

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

❂ Kal tyout - Aether ❂

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:41 am

xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 am

name
      aether

relations
      pixie (owned by softea)
      pixie is the only other kalon living on these islands. she's basically the only reason he's not been eaten yet, and he considers her a great friend.

world
      unknown - consists of uncountable amounts of floating islands of varying climates and sizes.

personality
      aether is a bit of an oddball, focuses his attention on one or two things for weeks at a time and then totally abandons them, very excited when discussing the things he's learned. can be very oblivious at times and it causes problems, tends to not realise he's done something wrong unless someone literally spells it out in front of his face.
      he's also the type to let things brush off of him so he doesnt really take things heart, can come off as uncaring because of it, but genuinely does care about things even if he's not extremely into showing it.
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ log 63

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:35 am

art very kindly done here for me by softea! <3

“Name: Aether. Gender: male. Location: unknown.

I seem unable to access my past logs. I know I must be on 63 - my previous entry is named 62, after all - but all files are apparently corrupted. I’m not sure where I am, or what happened, but I know this isn’t my normal world. At least I’m sure my last world couldn’t have been made entirely of floating islands.

Can I even class this as a world? I’m not sure. When I look up, I see islands. When I look down, I see islands. There is no actual ground, no anchors. No top, no bottom, no nothing. It’s most curious.

I haven’t been able to find many other Kalons. One, actually - Pixie is her name. She’s quiet so far, but her company is a blessing here. She doesn’t tell me much about this place except not to try and eat the yellow-dotted flowers - apparently they’ll eat me instead.

I suppose all I can do now is try to log my adventures and discoveries here until I can find a way home.”
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ log 72

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 am

The plant biology on these islands is truly fascinating! Every island seems to have it’s own individual climate, no matter how close or far away each island is from the other. Most are tropical, many with plants I can’t name, but some are familiar. Woodland habitats with normal oak trees and roses, daisies, daffodils. To save time I’m only documenting the most noticeable of the plants I have encountered- I’ve noted them in my journal [url=link]here.[/url] For the most part it seems the majority of the plant population here is carnivorous, though I’ve yet to figure out what they eat.

On top of the unique climates and flora, the water sources here work in rather strange ways. Rivers stream across islands, across the vast nothingness between, almost seeming to connect them. Waterfalls tumble from the edges of one island to make pools on ones settled below. Freshwater streams seem relatively close to what we would find at home - other waterfalls and rivers are made entirely of salt water!

I have conducted tests on mineral concentration, and found that the salt levels vary in each water source. Others have unusually high levels of normal elements, such as potassium or calcium - some are devoid of any minerals whatsoever apart from Dihydrogen Monoxide. I can’t seem to find a pattern to it at all! Oh, I have so much more research to do!”
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ log 77

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 am

Pixie assisted me today in figuring out how to move from island to island. My boat travels safely across the streams, but quite frankly it’s a terrifying way to journey, so she showed me which plants are sturdy enough to build bridges from. We do our best to build bridges across the smallest distances, and I just have to live with sailing across the others.”
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ log 101

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 am

“Name: Aether. Gender: male. Location: unknown.”

Thirty-eight long logs later and I finally feel confident enough document the fauna I have found here. It is scarce, and to my great surprise, mostly consists of herbivores! Nearly none of the fauna are predatory in nature and have adapted to eating their much more dangerous counterparts, the carnivorous plants. My best assumption is that these are what the plants feed off of - they keep the population numbers low but consistent. It’s a wonder.

The most notorious of my finds can be identified in my journal [url=here]here[/url].

I must admit that none of this would have been possible without Pixie - she’s been extremely helpful in helping me adjust to life here and made sure I wasn’t eaten by anything. She’s become a very good friend these last few months and I’d be lost - or partially digested in a yellow-spotted flower - if not for her.”
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ notorious flora

"Aether here! This log is not complete - I have so much more exploring to do! Here are plants I have studied in depth, however. I should note that nearly every plant I've encountered so far is flame resistant. I haven't figured out why - seems to be a chemical component in them all, or perhaps something they've absorbed from the soil - but it's worth noting regardness.
    On top of that, almost every plant I've found is in some way carnivorous. Some grow edible fruits that Pixie helps me harvest and eat, though I'm too nervous to try and study some of them too in-depth- if I didn't know any better I'd say some of these plants are fully sentient.
    Anyway - here's the most comprehensive of my discoveries so far."

yellow-spotted flower.
      grows in abundance in tropical climates, though is adapted to other climates. grows huge yellow flowers dotted with black spots. carnivorous. responds to touch heavily. blooms year-round. poisonous. grows as big as 2 metres in radius. grows underground, petals grow over its "stomach" filled with digestive enzymes - animals walks over, petals fall inwards, animal is digested. petals return to normal within 15-20 minutes.

teska vibrinum/teska plant.
      grows along riversides + lakes. blooms in summer with massive silver flowers. pale green, heart shaped flowers. grows in abundance. bears inedible fruit. can be used to make tea (delicious tea, at that!). grows thick thorns to protect itself.

garniveron polema/polly plant.
      tropical plant. consists of long vines, extremely sticky, that can trap anything about as big as a rabbit. once stuck the animal either starves, or is slowly dragged into the plants interior to be digested. blooms all year around and grows both nuts and fruits, most strangely, though both are poisonous.

flos lumina calor
      grows just about everywhere and in abundance. highly exothermic - releases as much heat as an average fireplace fire when grown, though freezes over when picked. due to the non-flammable nature of most plants, they make ideal plants to keep in order to heat your campsite when camping, or to heat your home, if repotted properly. Extremely easy to care for. not poisonous, not carnivorous - just need some light and pure, pure water! blooms all year with one large bulb flower. edible, but doesn't taste nice - better used as heating than food.
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ notorious fauna

"the fauna, I must admit, is remarkably harder to document than the flora. likely this is due to the fact all of it is eaten before i get to see it properly, but nonetheless.
    due to this, information is scarce, and sketches are choppy or non-existant - so-far i've only encountered four or five species, and even of those, one was a singular time where I can't even be sure it was an animal at all! I have time to keep exploring, I suppose, but for now this journal will remain terribly out-of-date."

flying snake.
      creatively named by Pixie. she refused to let me change the name.
      seems to have adapted some way of flying, though I haven't been able to get close enough to one to figure out how. They range in size from four inches to sixteen inches and are often blue in colour, blending with the sky very well during the day. unknown diet. unknown breeding habits. unknown lifespan. unknown total size.

image unavailable.
      titan gop.
      despite being called titans, they are only called so as they seem to be the largest of current encountered fauna here. leave strange liquidy substances wherever they go. seem to feed off of a diet of berries. nest underground. total size unknown. lifespan unknown. unknown breeding habits. colour vary- natural colours, mostly, though a few colourful ones have cropped up. possible mating strategy?

image unavailable.
      Fluorescent Fonze
      brightly coloured animals that could be compared to fireflies, though are possibly mammals and not insects. about the size of squirrels, though have seen some as large as sheep - possible young? appear to have horns. docile. plant diets. Pixie insists they are dangerous so she can't keep them on her island. total size unknown. lifespan unknown. breeding habits unknown.

Moxbug.
      insects. 2-6ft long. highly toxic.
      have tusks that are extremely sharp and will inflict fatal poison if left untreated.
      avoid at all costs. i don't care about their lifestyle, just keep them away!
Last edited by xx. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❂ other info

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 am

log 65.

"Aether here. I'm making an informal entry to mark down what Pixie has told me so far about these islands - I don't know how long she's been here but she's made herself a wonderful living. She has a garden where she grows flowers and safe fruits to eat - most is the housing here consists of treehouses that I think are dangerously close to the cliffs, but she insists they're fine!

She's helping me build myself one with some trees from around the place but I'm trying to convince her to let me build a little more inland. I'm not having any luck, but that's alright - I'll get there eventually!"

log 69.

"Aether again! Today Pixie took me to explore some of her island and she showed me some ancient temples! Apparently there was once a heavy religious system in place - the people who made it are no longer here, unfortunately, and I don't understand any of the runes written into the stone, but it was beautiful to visit. Overflowing with flowers that she says are unsafe, but the animals I saw flying around were beautiful, and everything was so peaceful. I'd love to see what else exists on this world."

log 78.
    "Aether here. Pixie is napping in what's unofficially become my bed in what's finished of my house. I figured I'd do another informal journal log, just to clear some things up that aren't as important as my scientific logs.

Apparently there's no other sentient life here that she knows of, and we're the only Kalons to ever have visited. There's no science - everything is very... primitive. But in a nice way. Pixie helped me repot some of those hot plants to keep the hut warm, and everything is made of beautiful wood - the plants she dug up for me are so soft, and she sheered some sort of fur, and its made my bed the best bed I've ever slept in.

On top of that, the fruits grown here are the best I've ever tasted. I'm still a little afraid of wandering off without Pixie by my side but for the most part, despite missing home, it's not bad living here. I think I can grow happy. I'd love to find a way to get home, but... if I am to stay here, I suppose it isn't the worst fate."
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❂ Kal tyout - Aether ❂

Postby xx. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 am

all finished before cs-time rollover (finished just gone 11) so i hope this still qualifies! ;v;
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me