── ✧✧ IF IT'S A MILLION TO ONE !! ))

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

── ✧✧ CHAPTER ONE !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:54 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; elowen ✧
✧ location;; pirate ship ✧

└──────────┘
    i can only dream.. dream beneath millions of stars for a reality brighter than my own. i can only dream for a moment.. a mere moment for glimpse of hope.
    but.. there’s no hope.. none. none for someone like me. because i’m a curse wrought down upon the world.

i’m a witch.
    i’m a sorceress.
    i don’t belong… not even in the lowest parts of this world.

i deserve every one of those cast aside glances.. i deserve to hear those whispery voices. voices that would always echo from shadowy street corners. voices that would haunt me wherever i would ever dance.

but i deserve it.. all of it.
    i’ve sent so many away. i’ve sent so many to the stars.. sent so many to meet the angels watching over the world below.

my touch.. it was all it took. and i’ll never forget, for i as long i as i live i won’t. never.

because i can still hear their lyrical songs in my ears.. a radiant whisper that sets my dreams alight, letting them burn. burn into nothing more than a nightmare.

but i deserve it.
    because i can still remember.. every single detail trapped like fireflies in a glass jar. forever frozen in time. the glint of their eyes. the shine of each of their curls swaying as one. their lips parted to sing a final song.. and i still can’t shake it.
    even after all these years.

but maybe i won’t have to.
    because.. all i see now is red.
    red.
    red.
    red.

roses of red blossoming across the gaping wound that kissed my side.

it wouldn’t be long, now. it wouldn’t be long until the angels -- no -- the devil began welcoming me home.
    or.. maybe that’s just me wishing.. trying to wish away the ache that danced across the rows of roses that traced each mark that marred my skin.

i should be at a state of complete serenity. a place where i’ve accepted my fate. i know i should. i know it all too well. but even now, i just.. i can’t.

my heart tells me i should be grateful for what cursed life i was blessed to live.
    but my mind is.. a complete, utter mess.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER TWO // MEMORYLAND !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:57 am

┌────────────────┐
✧ perspective;; elowen ✧
✧ location;; in the past // village -> pirate ship

└────────────────┘

i can still remember those street corners.
    those gold shades frolicing upon them seemed so alive. fluttering with an energy that seemed almost contagious.
    the cadences of chorusing kits were ever-so lively in the heart of the village, and i could see a cluster of them. a flurry of dancing paws.

it was sweet, really.
    i wanted to join them.. come and be part of the innocent reality of being a kit. but i could only wish.
    because burning into my back was the silent stare of wary eyes.. the shuffle of mothers pulling their kits close. because, the truth is. i am a monster.

i am a beast.. an atom bomb waiting to react.
    i am a mushroom cloud in the sky.. a poision to the perfectness of reality.
    i am a curse.
    and i should know that more than anyone.

but a little ways beyond me, curls of fire and woody dales swished.. unafraid of the curse that shivered from behind. her name.. well.. it’s mila.

because while i’m a curse.. she’s a blessing. a fearless blessing. a friend that had been with me for as long as i could remember. she was everything i wasn’t. bold. brave. passionate.
    but together.. we danced upon the streets, and basked in the golden light of the morning. until.. we couldn’t any longer.
    because one moment.. we were dancing. the next, we were praying. praying for our lives.

i didn’t see it at first. the fire. for it blossomed like a lily, unfurling.. uncoiling. a serpent waiting to strike. the petals of a deadly scarlet falling all around, setting fire to the streets of sepia and painting it a deep, crimson red.

but within the ribbons of fire, there was a glimpse of blue. of periwinkle. of hope. and for a moment, my heart seemed to race, my lips parting to call for someone.
    anyone.

but it was nothing like that.. no, no. it was so much of the opposite.
    because around them billowed the darkest of satin hoods.. soft fabrics that piroutted ever-so elegantly within the flames. these creatures.. they seemed immortal in the fire. unscathed and unharmed from the lap of those red coils that curled at their toes.

but i never saw what was next..
    for they.. they came for me, only me. spiralling in a silent tango across those golden streets… streets that had decayed beneath the kiss of flames.

they were advancing towards me, wielding silver blades that even the flames seemed to bow before them.
    i could see them, now. lit by the glow of the fire. the fire in which they started, it never seemed more clear to me. i had seen them before all of this, seen how they scouted the area and surveyed the souls whose lives would be taken. nothing more than expendable.
    how could they?

chaos. that was all i felt.. the burn of it carved into my heart’s core. an elegant carving that froze my still-beating heart.

everything just seemed so.. so distant.
    the cadence of hysterical notes. the glint of those shadowy eyes. the ripple of dark satin hoods. it was all too much. but.. they, they were coming.

their eyes locked on mine.
    a game. a challenge. a dare to come closer.

but i didn’t.
    only because of her voice.. mila’s.

“elowen, we need to go.” her voice was glass. piercing. dividing the symphony orchestrated by the growing chaos with an ease beyond any other. “please.. we need to get you to somewhere safe.”

it was only then when i realized the roses running down my side.. i never noticed it. not in the chaos that stirred at the very heart of the village. but all i felt now was the stinging ache that felt like thorns down my spine - no - it was far worse than that.
    much, much worse.

“mila, i-”

but then words were swans, time was a lark.
    fluttering far, far away.. ‘til i could reach them no longer. the stinging ache was gone, and i was numb.. my footsteps still adance and the world ablur.

i had been so numb… numb to the voice of mila urging me onwards. numb to reality and the sacrifices that were being made.

“hey, elowen.. i don’t know if you can hear me, but..” there was a pause.. a glimpse of those familiar seas of blues and greens. eyes that seemed to abstract in the shadows. “i’m going back to the village, alright? i’m going to get you some help.. you stay here. got that? don’t let anyone see you.”

Last edited by faelyn on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER THREE !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; elowen ✧

└──────────┘
    i wished i had replied.
    i wished i had convinced mila to stay.
    i wished -no- i wish i was strong enough.

but upon these swaying seas.. upon this trembling boat where pirates lurked.. there was no strength left in my heart. just a desolate lullaby being sung by the skies and the patter of falling rain.

and since then, mila hadn’t come back.
    they had taken her… those hooded creatures had taken mila. had they gotten rid of her? had thrown her into a hole in which she’d never see the light of day again? i’d never know.

i never even had a chance to say goodbye, or to even convince her not to leave.
    she was gone.. and it was all my fault.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER FOUR !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; elowen ✧

└──────────┘
    “i swear.. i swear on my life, this place is haunted.”
    like a butterfly stuck in my chest, my breath seemed to catch at the chime of the unfamiliar voice. my heart seeming to fall from my chest as the stairs creaked.
    someone was coming.

“dudes, i know it sounds crazy but--”
    “it is crazy.”
    “shut up, marco! you don’t know anything about crazy!”
    “or maybe you, gordo.. are crazy.”
    “I AM NOT.”

a thousand timbres were played all at once.. reaching a crescendo that was deafening. thunderous even in the rising storm that cascaded down from above, a rhythm drummed against the hull of the ship.

“sailors!” like a boom of thunder, unfamiliar cerulean eyes pierced the dancing shadows. glinting as they fluttered to the shadowy figures. “we should all return to our duties.. the last thing we’d all want is the piss the captain off.. agreed?”

“but, cielo, there’s someone here. i know it.” soft snorts adorned reality as the crew slipped into the shadows once more, leaving only two voices to fill the hush that had once more fallen over the bottom deck. “though, the rest of the crew is too idiotic to see it, but i swear there’s something here.”

“hush, gordo.” voice seeming so gentle.. cerulean eyes swept across the lower deck, skimming past the place where i lay. where roses of red still blossomed. “i’m sure there isn’t anything.. perhaps it’s just your imagination?”

“i’m literally serious, cielo.”
    the shuffle of little footsteps blossomed across the room.. back and forth. forth and back. with the cerulean gleam of eyes following the little figure wherever he, gordo sauntered.

“seriously, cielo! i’m not jok-- wait, is that?” the chorus of soft footsteps adorned against tawny planks, ribbons of scarlet streaked across the entire deck.. a crimson spiral against the layered tiling. it was blood. my blood.

and then there was silence. complete, utter silence. until someone broke it.. shattered it with an iron fist.

“someone is here.” cerulean eyes ventured into the frolicing shadows. narrowed. “from the blood, they must be injured. be on your guard, gordo. we should inform the captain as soon as-”

“don’t.. please.” a lyrical cadence in the hush that had fallen over the two, the nuance of my own voice silenced him. cielo. but after that, i wasn’t sure what else to say.. or when to say it. whether to let them find me or to drag myself out from the shadows.
    the place that had once guaranteed my safety.

“don’t tell your captain.” desperation was all i felt, a chill that seemed to stretch on for an eternity. but i could see them, blurs of pastel hues as they searched for the voice that pleaded with them. begged.

and eventually.. they did. they found me.
    a fairy that lay beneath the roof of a pirate ship. two nations that were never meant to be together. much less be seen.

a flurry of little streaks of fire entangled as one to form a little silhouette, verdant eyes were alight.. contrasting the vibrant locks that adorned his frame. gordo’s. a little silhouette that recoiled at the sight of me.

no.
    me and elodie.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER FIVE !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:03 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; elodie ✧

└──────────┘
    my name is elodie.
    and sometimes.. i wish i could sing.

i wish i could shake the world with my voice.
    i wish i could sing a thousand lullabies to soothe the tremor that has always cursed her. that has always cursed elowen, my other half and she always will be.

but everyday.. i can see her falling apart. losing herself in the storm of scattered emotions. i long to comfort her. to whisper in her ear that it’ll be alright... that it’ll all work out in the end.

but... i gave up that right a long, long time ago.

because the only song i sing now is silence.
    but everyday.. i have a choice. a choice to speak, to tell elowen that i really do care. that i’m much more than just another part of her that she wishes were different.
    i would tell her that i love her. i love her with a passion beyond anything she could ever have.

but i don’t … because i made a promise.
    a secret i swore to keep.. and i know if i ever broke the silence i would tell her everything, and.. that would kill her.

so i keep silent.
    so i let elowen cry herself to a place of dreams. let her kill herself from the inside and out. let her curse herself until the sun goes down.

but elowen.. she’s my everything, and i have to protect her.. even if it costs me everything.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER SIX !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; elowen ✧

└──────────┘
    “it’s alright, gordo..” he, cielo... was so close, now. his pastel curls in a tangle as eyes of cerulean met mine. “she’s hurt… i don’t think she means any harm to us.”
    verdant eyes were aglow with uncertainty. gordo’s eyes.

“here, let me see.” gentle like each twinkling star in the night, ivory claws danced close. far too close for comfort.. i flinched away from him. from cielo. backing away from the soul that lingered close.

“don’t touch me!”
    voice just a mere whisper, i could feel the world slipping away.. like ocean waves lapping at the gold shores. wavering as i reached out to bring it close again. please, cielo.”

“let me help you.”

“i-- just don’t touch me, i..” swallowing hard, in the dim glow of light.. i could see little frowns curl upon their lips. they didn’t understand.. did they? didn’t understand why a fairy would rather bleed out than have someone touch her.

because one touch.. one touch was all it took.
    shaking.. trembling, i let my paw dance in the air, letting it land upon a little crate. a crate of soft tawnies and pastel fawns.

but it was gone.. the corroded layers of sepia hues dwindling away into something… beautiful -no- terrifying. rags into riches as some would say.

lain against the brindled floors, a gemstone of the most lovely of ambers shone in place of the little crate. its previous life erased, lined only with gold hues.

i look up.
    terrified of what -no- who i’d find.

but all i saw was gordo and cielo.. still the same, just shaken.
    “i.. i see.” a deep vibrato in a quieting storm, his voice seemed like the cascades of water that poured down from above. ardent, yet gentle. “gordo.. get the supplies.” his eyes narrowed a touch. “and.. try to be discreet for once. would you?”

a quick nod.. and the little tom was off, and i hadn’t realized the gentle kiss of salty rivers dancing down my cheeks.
    “hey, hey.. don’t- i.. it’s alright…” there was a hushed pause as cerulean eyes searched mine. uncertain. expecting. and i knew what they asked for. it was what they always asked.

“luana.. my name is luana.” it was a lie.. a total lie. a lie that cost me, my heart and more. everything i ever was cast away ever-so fleetingly. it shouldn’t hurt that way that it did… but it did.

i-- i mean elowen. those simple.. beautiful words were so close to reaching reality but they never came.
    along with the clear mirror to reality as i squeezed my eyes shut.. a thousand wishes cradelling me to a place a dreams. and for once in a million years, sleep came easy.

like the falling of rain.
    like the floating of lilies down a stream.
    like the soft cadence of little larks singing.
    sleep came easy.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER SEVEN !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:08 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; gordo ✧

└──────────┘
    this is a terrible idea.. helping a freaking witch? what has gotten into cielo’s head?

but there’s something about her, that’s different.. and no, i am not wooed by her insanity. i’m far from that! but she’s crazy, i mean two heads. something must be off.

but like a petal that had fallen from a rose, she’s delicate.. easily bent back and forth.. but there’s something else to this petal. something more.

there’s a strength to her that she refuses to explore.. i know it. i feel it in the depths of my heart. something stronger than the dainty softness of a petal.
    buried beneath the surface, there is a strength to her sharper than a any sword.. an intensity more fierce than a storm, and resilience a thousand times stronger than a burning wildfire.

but man.. she’s freaking dangerous. i mean turning people into.. i don’t know, gemstones? that’s pretty hard-core. what was cielo thinking?

i shook my head.. my footsteps frolicing across the cold floors that stretched far across the deck. it didn’t take long to find what i was looking for.
    besides i’m literally sitting at the low end of the stick.. the hierarchy as fancy cats like cielo would say. i’m a swab, destined to mop the decks untill the sun goes down. and it case you were curious, it sucks.

but all it took was a little glint in the darkness.. i found it! ha!
    gently grasping the crate my jaws, i tugged it back to the lower deck.. letting the shadows welcome me home as cerulean eyes found mine.

“you have it?”
    “obviously.”

“she’s lost some blood.” brow furrowed, cielo had knelt down beside the dreaming stranger.. cerulean eyes far from bright. “we can’t help her the best we can, because of...”

there was a pause.
    “yeah, yeah.. i get you.” ivory claws dancing along the surface of the gaping wound that ebbed roses, the concern glinting in those cerulean eyes wasn’t disguised.. strangely enough. “wierd voo-doo magic, right?”

“yes.. right.”

i grinned.
    “you know.. there is a way we can treat her without having a death wish.” reaching a paw into the little crate, i could see his eyes brighten a bit.. hopeful. “we can always use captain’s weird potions.. i’m pretty sure he won’t notice.”

there was a moment of hesitation. a moment of little glances at the shimmering glass bottle.. entangled with ribbons of ivy. “alright. let’s do it.”

and soon enough.. the roses that were spilled like wine across the fairy’s side was gone, with nothing.. but little petals of red left behind.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER EIGHT !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; elowen ✧

└──────────┘
    i would’ve thought the butterflies sent by the morning skies would wake me.. kiss me like a prince would to a princess. but it didn’t.. the only thing that woke me was the sound of chaos.

the shudder of a rocking ship.
    the medley of cursing screeches that shook reality.
    what was happening?

“what’s going on?” cielo. steady and even, his voice was the calm of the storm, thundering past the medley of panic. “gordo? what’s happening?”

a mere squeak compared to the deep rumble that divided the silence, and eyes as dark as the evergreens peered from behind the crates.. wide as gordo came dancing in from the shadow’s embrace.
    “it’s seems like--” the ship shivered once more. every part of it swaying to a tango… one that seemed far from graceful. “we’re under attack, cielo.. and the captain isn’t pleased.”

“by who?”

“ahh, the princess awakens.” evergreen eyes fluttered shut into somewhat of a wink, i could see the suspicion flickering across his features, almost like a firefly.. one that revealed far too much. “perhaps you know something about this…” a pause. “attack?”

“i-- i don’t understand.”

“take it easy, gordo.” giving the little tom a shove, cerulean eyes fluttered towards the stained glass that parted for a view of the frothing oceans. a sea of blue that seemed like beast.. ready to swallow the ship whole.

but within the storm-cursed waves.. were flashes of periwinkle,and glimpses of dark satin hoods. a hood in which i recongnized all too well.

no.. it couldn’t be, could it? but i knew.. i knew all too well.
    they had found me.

“no.. no, gordo’s right.”
    i glanced up, my heart.. a beat too fast in my chest. “i’m so sorry..”
    “i..i-” words were so, so faraway. farther than they’ve ever been.. farther than i’ve ever known. “these.. hooded creatures..”

“they are the reason i’m here.”
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER NINE !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:23 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; gordo ✧

└──────────┘
    i had known… i had always known. i had this gut feeling.. but i ignored it.
    ha, cielo must be rubbing off on to me.

thinking back, i should’ve said something.. to at least the captain or something. because right now, i can almost guarantee you he’s probably utterly confused.. cursing atop of his voice.
    well.. i guess that’s ed in a nutshell.

“well that’s.. absolutely wonderful.”
    eyes narrowed towards the shivering stranger, she seemed to shrink. a withering rose admist of a storm. “well.. what the hell are we supposed to do?”

silence.
    nothing but silence.

“we get off this cursed ship.” of course. cielo had always been like this.. always the one to come up with a splendid idea but never a plan.

“well, that’s gonna be real easy to do.” sarcasm blossomed at the tip of my tongue, oozing into every syllable. “how the hell will we be able to sneak off this ship without being seen by the captain and miss mysterious’ stalkers?”

silence once again.
    “you see what i mean? get my point?”

soft and lyrical in the hush that followed my words.. wide rosy eyes glanced up. “i’m so sorry. i didn’t mean to drag you - any of you into my.. my problems.”

“heck.. like saying that would change anything.” the forest that flourished in those wide eyes seemed to be set on fire. “so, we help you out a little.. healing your little boo-boo and this is what you offer us in return?”

“gordo.. calm down, we’re in this together..whether we like it or not.”
    “fantasta-”

thud.
    it terrified me to know that i knew that sound all too well.

because.. they had arrived. the little, hooded creatures were here.. boarding the ship. one by one. their footsteps echoing overhead, sealing all of our fates.

“we’ve wasted too much time.”
    a murmur in the rising chaos that poisioned reality little by little, i could hear the crackle of wood that splintered beneath the toes of those creatures, with hoods woven like braided shadows tossed over their heads, and for a moment, it wasn’t all that hard to believe that they were hunting for her.

but.. that wasn’t all.
    these hooded beings.. they brought more than just bad news. they brought chaos.

“and from the looks of it.. your little friends want to blow up your whole, damn ship.”
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ CHAPTER TEN !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:25 am

┌──────────┐
✧ perspective;; cielo ✧

└──────────┘
    she was a trembling rose. a wilting flower in the dead of night.in the middle of a rising storm.

but this delicate cluster of petals took with her more trouble than she got herself credit for. being hunted down by a bunch of hooded creatures? it was a once in a lifetime story.. one that i never thought i’d be apart of.

because, how in the entire universe.. did my luck land me here?

a breath in.
    “we have to move.. quickly.” eyes fluttering to the two, the world seemed to blur into an abstract painting.. a canvas of magical colors that didn’t seem to go together. clashing. “got that?”

a little pause. “both of you?”

“yeah, yeah.. we get you.” rolled ever-so slightly, those evergreen eyes were lit with some kind of passion. a determination that seemed to glow brighter than the lightning that lit the night. “we’ll be right behind you.”
    and next to him, the wilted rose nodded. a nod of agreement.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me