Mental Magic - Magic Competition Entry

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Mental Magic - Magic Competition Entry

Postby minifun990 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:39 pm

Mental Magic

(Potential Eye colour chosen, a mix of life-like iris and pupil hues close to arcane/bardic)

Mental magic is the magic of the mind and everything this encompasses. While at first it can seem similar to love magic due to their heightened understanding of others this magic can range wildly. At lower levels a user may be able to communicate telepathically with those willing and with similarly structured minds. At more advanced levels they can pick up thoughts not directed at them, and sometimes even more subconscious thoughts that the storkie may not even be aware of.

While this seems like a highly invasive and aggravating magic to have it isnt always this way.

This magic can be used to help those who are non-verbal, or simply to help cross langauge and misunderstanding barriers (though almost no mental magic storkies can understand animals quite as faunal do).

It can be used to help alleviate and sometimes even help heal mental wounds and illnesses, and as such the kindest of mental magic storkies often like to work alongside healers.

It can also be used to gain access to memories. Helping to solve mysteries and disputes. That is, if you believe how the memory is portrayed.

Mental magic is a double edged sword in many ways. Helping to bypass language and lies of others, helping to heal and understand. But it is often the magic most aware of how everyone's mind differs, twists and lies, even to its own self.

Magic Domain
- Helping others with their mental health
- Viewing and understanding Memories
- Telepathy
- Seeing and influencing dreams and nightmares

Leveling Guide: Showing how magical skills progress throughout the leveling will net 150 Copper Coins.
Default/Novice
You almost seem to hear words that arnt spoken. Singular words or sometimes images, or concepts. Its often hard to figure out who they are from, and there's almost never context. You seem to get along with quieter individuals easier than others, ones people don't understand as well because they don't talk so honestly and openly.

Advanced
You can catch more of others thoughts. However, you have discovered that the way others think can vary greatly. While some think in words, others think in images, or abstract ideas. Some think very fast, others slower, adn some notice your attention and kick you out. You spend time learning these different ways of thinking like new langauges, some similar to your own are easy, while others are very difficult.

You may also have started investigating memories. They are easier than thoughts for many, though they can be just as much or even more subjective. Its very hard for you to tell false versus real memories

Adept
You are getting much better with memories. You can show them to others, and can sometimes tell which parts have been overlayed or decayed over time. Sometimes you can even sense the memories of places and things, remnants of thoughts left behind. You can even see into the minds of those asleep and can try to help ease nightmares and seek to sooth and help.

You've discovered ways to help alleviate panic attacks and destructive ways of thinking in others. It doesnt always work, but you have found ways to help others with their mental help, with most the healing coming from within, some just need a little extra help.

You can read most minds now, though you can still be kicked out often, and reading multiple at once is still a big challenge, but you can manage.

Master
All minds are open books to you. Some still stubbornly refuse, but you have read so many now that one more isnt really any worse than another. Sometimes you struggle to remember your own mind in the chaos. But it is powerful, and so much more knowledge than one could gain on their own. You are a source of expertise, and can help solve many conflicts through combinations of many acquired memories. You become akin to an oracle, or an almost all knowing being.

But you are only as good as the knowledge you have gained. There are still fake information in others minds, conflict and confusion. You also often find yourself feeling nostaligic or stuck in the past. After all, minds mostly contain memories and past knoweldge. You cant tell the future anymore than others, only predict from others past experience.

Gifts, Divine Gifts, and Accessories: (I kept getting confused between these so just noting some ideas)

Flaking - Loosing touch from reality from sinking so often into minds, the physical body seems less attached to relatity
Mental signal - Radiowaves sent out to send a message to others minds
Memories - Can keep a couple favourite or most important memories seen in a visual way close to their being

Magic-Specific Prompts: Create a magic-specific prompt for someone to answer when leveling this Storkie. 10 CC per Prompt submitted.

Have they heard a thought they wished they hadn't?
What was the best memory they've seen from someone else
Who had the most difficult mind for them to understand?

((I think I saw a similar magic guessing form the title, but I havent looked at it at all, so hopfully ours wont be tooo similar :)), I started writing mine last week I just forgot to post till tonight)
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mental Magic - Magic Competition Entry

Postby kiwipen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:08 am

Congratulations! Your magic was chosen, and you'll be able to keep your entry.

Here is your finalized trait list:

[nr] expression
leg: x2 extra tails, x2 extra limbs (on back)

Species: Ironheart
Magic: Mind

Non-Passing: Paragon Mind Magic Expression

Item: Illegal Eye Contacts (Allows magic and eye color to express in a different color)
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me