Urxi Mundo - a new fantasy bear SIM game

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Urxi Mundo - a new fantasy bear SIM game

Postby Bravefoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 am

• What is Urxi Mundo?

Urxi Mundo is a new SIM online game in development that revolves around you - the user - playing as a bear in a fantasy world. The bears will live in their own Klans (there are 4 Klans), with their own territories and respective cultures and traditions, led by a Council or ‘Royal Family’.
There is also a fifth Klan, but it is made up of the Shamans - NPC bears that are touched by the Spirits and dabble in the arts of healing and magic.

• What does the game entail?

In addition to the usual features in every other online SIM game such as exploring, breeding, crafting, chatting, etc... There will be also some more unique attributes in the site:

- Unique consumables and items found only when exploring certain Klans and habitats!
- What season you are in will also affect the types of items you can find!
- Sneak into other Klans’ territories for a chance to get those items you can’t find in your own territory! But be careful not to be found, or you will get fined!
- Special markings and colours found only in each Klan!
- Monthly tournaments for bears to fight in, where the winner is given the fabled and very rare prize: the mythical Black Opal!
- Is your Klan led by a Council? Participate in votings and make your voice heard just like in a democracy! Is your Klan led by a ‘Royal Family’ instead? Participate in revolts and revellions when you don’t appreciate some of the laws imposed!
- There will be taxes! They are decided by the Leader of the Klan, and some will be higher than the others! Don’t like them? There’s always a rebellion to be made ;)
- Special events to happen periodically! Maybe even be blessed by visits from the Gods themselves!

These are just some initial ideas! They might change, be scrapped completely - but one thing is sure: more will be implemented!

• Some art

• What can I do to help?

Right now, we are in need of a programmer! I have tried coding the site myself, but nfortunately failed miserably XD

Apart from that, all the art will be taken care of by me and most of the writing as well, so we don’t need any people helping with those (at least for now).
So please, if you are yourself a programmer with good experience or know somene that is an amazing programmer please shoot me a message!

• News & Development

At the pace I am working on, I have predicted that it will take me at least a couple of years before any semblance of the game can be live and playable! I’m sorry if this sounds too long (I know it is - I would be very annoyed too LOL) but unfortunately this is the best I can do for now!
This year, I am looking to really up my game and see if I can find a programmer to join me - so we will see!

• 15/07/2018 UPDATE
A programmer has joined in the making! We are all doing massive developments in the building of the game now ^_^

• 19/07/2018 UPDATE
Just a heads up that the general layout and pages of the game have been coded and are working 👍🏼

• 22/07/2018 UPDATE
Registering / Logging-In / Logging-Out has been programmed and is working :D

• 25/07/2018 UPDATE
The newly registered player can now create their first bear character! Starter bears will be quite plain-looking, and their stats won’t be something to create legends about, but through breeding and exploring those will get better in time 😼

• 26/07/2018
Did some more layout coding - polished how the player’s profiles and bear profiles look like. They will probably change in time, but for now they can work 👌🏼 Next features should be the Inventory system, and after that Exploring (as soon as I finish the art for those o.O I’m a VERY slow artist 😶)

• 07/08/2018
The Inventory feature is now done and working! Explore also works (you can find items and they are added to your Inventory) however it still has quite some work to it to be done :D

• Join the Urxi Mundo Discord channel!

I will update this post here on CS as much as possible, but I am looking to add some official people to the game’s Discord development channel where every update will be posted and shared with our close-knit team! These new members should add activity, critique, and general enjoyment to the channel! I am looking to add no more than 50 people, so if you want to join make sure to read below!

I am very serious in making this game a reality, so I want people that have the desire to really help and nothing more! Also, please some real experience in playing online browser-based games (such as Lioden, Wolf Play, Flight Rising, Horse Eden, Leporidae, etc...) would massively help to be chosen as well!
*PLEASE NOTE* The actual game of Urxi Mundo will require players to be at least 16! However, every age can join the Discord channel so that you can follow the game as it progresses in its development 😁

The link to the Discord server is this:
https://discord.gg/fHc2E7v
Last edited by Bravefoot on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
Bravefoot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Urxi Mundo - a new fantasy bear SIM game

Postby Daneevee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 am

Bumping to show my support c:

We have been talking about this for a little while and I would love to see it come to life!
_ _ _ _ _ _

Image ImageImage Image Image
spare some clicks?
Daneevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Urxi Mundo - a new fantasy bear SIM game