I’m not sure
5%
I need more information
25%

Total votes : 174

Re: Musings.com | New Adoptable Site!

Postby jouska. » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Honorchior wrote:
welon wrote:The hard part I imagine for me to code would be the games, but then again it depends on what kind of games that are suggested. Coding a website is slightly different than coding a game and may require me to learn another coding language, probably HTML5.

So...yeah, what kind of games are you guys thinking?

Hmmmmm, maybe we could have them be sent out on quests with exploration bags for like 6 hours or so and they come back with random stuff?

the pets, themselves, you think? or are they going to have human companions with them (most likely our avatars)?
maybe bringing a pet along of the same species helps attract other pets of the same species.
is each pet unique like wajas/flight rising and you can breed them? or will it be more like chicken smoothie/eldemore? <33
jouska.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kerplunk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm

hiraeth. wrote:
Honorchior wrote:
welon wrote:The hard part I imagine for me to code would be the games, but then again it depends on what kind of games that are suggested. Coding a website is slightly different than coding a game and may require me to learn another coding language, probably HTML5.

So...yeah, what kind of games are you guys thinking?

Hmmmmm, maybe we could have them be sent out on quests with exploration bags for like 6 hours or so and they come back with random stuff?

the pets, themselves, you think? or are they going to have human companions with them (most likely our avatars)?
maybe bringing a pet along of the same species helps attract other pets of the same species.
is each pet unique like wajas/flight rising and you can breed them? or will it be more like chicken smoothie/eldemore? <33

I think it should be like CS. After all, it would be kinda difficult to make a bunch of offspring, don't you think?
    kerp they/them
    fall enjoyer
    satanist ⚰️
kerplunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jouska. » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 pm

MelancholyRat wrote:
hiraeth. wrote:
Honorchior wrote:

I think it should be like CS. After all, it would be kinda difficult to make a bunch of offspring, don't you think?

I agree. Besides, I like the card-style trading games like CS have. <33
Further down the road, will we have some sort of currency (bought with real money) like chicken dollars?
jouska.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lore Starcutter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm

hiraeth. wrote:
MelancholyRat wrote:
hiraeth. wrote:

Further down the road, will we have some sort of currency (bought with real money) like chicken dollars?

There probably will be, considering you need money to keep a website up and running if it's not a full-time blogging website.
everything is a wip
Lore Starcutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honorchior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Yeah, this is getting really complicated...

And to answer your question @hireath. Fallen and I have PMed one another quite a bit about this and we think that possibly down the road, as we get more site activitiy, there may be a purchasable Currency to be bought with real money, but definitely not at the beginning of the game. :P
Fight Cancer wrote:Image
My PH
Honorchior wrote:Hello, I am working on building an
army to fight cancer. Both of my
grandparents on my dad's side
died of cancer and I have a few
friends who are fighting cancer right
now, Please help me reach my goal.
I am in need of Chicken Dollars
for armor, and pets of the same
colors of cancer awareness ribbons.
If you have any, please trade them to
me! Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gift a lot of people especially my brother Webedfoot, my best IRL friend Huskyofjoy, and my online friend, Fallen_Angels. Please do not ban any of us!

✞I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
Honorchior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kerplunk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:39 pm

hiraeth. wrote:
MelancholyRat wrote:
Honorchior wrote:

I think we should. Then users could maybe buy store pets and items like CS!
    kerp they/them
    fall enjoyer
    satanist ⚰️
kerplunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastedtea » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Myself personally, I'm not a huge fan of having to invest real money into websites/online games/etc. I feel it makes it less fun and can exclude people from being involved in the community, especially when people start to charge for special pets, whereas before it would simply be trading and website-earned currency, available to everyone. But I understand needing to acquire revenue for the website, so the fact that it'll be implemented at some point makes sense :3

Also, while games would be fun, earning pets through games could end up overloading the amount of certain pets on the website.
Maybe games could reward in the in-game currency, or like suggested earlier, items or other special rewards? I really all of the ideas!
I wonder if a game system could be installed realistically, because it would be a cool way to implement seasonal events as well.
Toast, Toasted. She/her. College student.
Feel free to p.m. me at any time! I
don't bite, and never mind a chat. :3

My DA- Commissions open!
Currently obsessing over::
I. Supernatural<glances at gif on the right>
II. I can't wait for Fall!!
III. Carry On <3
IV. unfortunately, homework.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kerplunk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

MirroGem wrote:
MelancholyRat wrote:
hiraeth. wrote:

There probably will be, considering you need money to keep a website up and running if it's not a full-time blogging website.[/quote]

true.

Honorchior wrote:
Yeah, this is getting really complicated...

And to answer your question @hireath. Fallen and I have PMed one another quite a bit about this and we think that possibly down the road, as we get more site activitiy, there may be a purchasable Currency to be bought with real money, but definitely not at the beginning of the game. :P

ah okay

Toastedtea wrote:
Myself personally, I'm not a huge fan of having to invest real money into websites/online games/etc. I feel it makes it less fun and can exclude people from being involved in the community, especially when people start to charge for special pets, whereas before it would simply be trading and website-earned currency, available to everyone. But I understand needing to acquire revenue for the website, so the fact that it'll be implemented at some point makes sense :3

Also, while games would be fun, earning pets through games could end up overloading the amount of certain pets on the website.
Maybe games could reward in the in-game currency, or like suggested earlier, items or other special rewards? I really all of the ideas!
I wonder if a game system could be installed realistically, because it would be a cool way to implement seasonal events as well.

You make a point. It would make a bunch of pets less valuable. And that's a great idea with the games! Also I agree with you on the money thing x3
    kerp they/them
    fall enjoyer
    satanist ⚰️
kerplunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honorchior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Ok so what if.... maybe... hmmmmm....

Alright.... Hear me out.

Ok so we could have 2 types of money. The first one could be easily obtained through things like games and winning dress up contests. The second one could be a premium currency earned through getting first in dress up contests, random events like art contests, or eventually, by purchasing it. This way it is still available to others, it is just harder?

What do you guys think?
Fight Cancer wrote:Image
My PH
Honorchior wrote:Hello, I am working on building an
army to fight cancer. Both of my
grandparents on my dad's side
died of cancer and I have a few
friends who are fighting cancer right
now, Please help me reach my goal.
I am in need of Chicken Dollars
for armor, and pets of the same
colors of cancer awareness ribbons.
If you have any, please trade them to
me! Thank you so much!

I gift a lot of people especially my brother Webedfoot, my best IRL friend Huskyofjoy, and my online friend, Fallen_Angels. Please do not ban any of us!

✞I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
Honorchior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallen; » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:49 pm

I am so excited at everyone’s excitement, but I am currently way too busy to read through everyone’s messages! I will for sure later, but at the moment this is going to be a lot to catch up on!

Fallen
fallen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me