BronzeHorse | New game in development

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Re: My new game! (In development)

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Scarlit wrote:Thanks for the answers.
I strongly disagree with the first statement about mares and leaders though. My reasoning is largely anecdotal but there's also this:
http://equusmagazine.com/horse-world/bu ... myth-25407
https://horsecrazyagain.com/tag/lead-mare-myth/
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/76bf/d ... 7449df.pdf

I would also point out, just for future reference, that all three of these articles/links are based off the same study. One study of three herds of horses a few times every few weeks, does not a conclusion make. You'd have to observe at least a few herds everywhere that there are wild horses to come to the all-blanket myth debunk. Saying that, it is probably true. Horses have that natural herd mentality, and it probably doesn't matter who leads off, but as a basis for a point being made, the three links are redundant, and may as well just post one :) Just a thought!

Evee4ever228 wrote:The layout for the home page has been confirmed. :) This is going to be the layout. The text is not yet added though. Also, for that box on the right, what do you guys think it should be? I am talking about the box directly across from the lead horse's health and happiness box.
http://orig11.deviantart.net/e618/f/201 ... b371f5.jpg

Also, if you see ANYTHING that is off center, or crooked, or something please do say something!!! I have used a ruler to try to get the boxes lined up and what not, but I am not sure how well it worked. If you see something but don't say anything, it will only make coding the front page harder. :) Thank you.

Looks good, except to the naked eye, the tops of the boxes in the top bar seem a little rounded. Intentional? Also, the top two boxes on each side of the page are a little off-center compared to the rest of the page. Maybe a little far to the right compared to the boxes below them?
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tornassuk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:55 pm

PuppygirlWillow wrote:
Scarlit wrote:Thanks for the answers.
I strongly disagree with the first statement about mares and leaders though. My reasoning is largely anecdotal but there's also this:
http://equusmagazine.com/horse-world/bu ... myth-25407
https://horsecrazyagain.com/tag/lead-mare-myth/
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/76bf/d ... 7449df.pdf

I would also point out, just for future reference, that all three of these articles/links are based off the same study. One study of three herds of horses a few times every few weeks, does not a conclusion make. You'd have to observe at least a few herds everywhere that there are wild horses to come to the all-blanket myth debunk. Saying that, it is probably true. Horses have that natural herd mentality, and it probably doesn't matter who leads off, but as a basis for a point being made, the three links are redundant, and may as well just post one :) Just a thought!

I'm aware, and maybe that's true, but I thought each article summed the study up well for those who don't have time to read the study and/or don't understand it fully, and I just left a direct link to the study in case anyone doesn't want to read the articles, just wants to get straight to the study and/or have trouble finding the entire study. And I felt each article contributed to the subject. Having a few links would also be good in case a link were to ever go down, there'll still be an operating link to explain the study. But it may be a little redundant.

I know one study doesn't prove anything, but I like to think this one will pave the road for more and further studies to be taken on feral herd behavior, and it still does support the theory that wild herds are not necessarily ruled by a lead mare. Unfortunately, I don't think many people are willing to put enough money or time into more studies like this, so for now it's just the one and your own anecdotal evidence.

The layout for the home page has been confirmed. :) This is going to be the layout. The text is not yet added though. Also, for that box on the right, what do you guys think it should be? I am talking about the box directly across from the lead horse's health and happiness box.

Also, if you see ANYTHING that is off center, or crooked, or something please do say something!!! I have used a ruler to try to get the boxes lined up and what not, but I am not sure how well it worked. If you see something but don't say anything, it will only make coding the front page harder. :) Thank you.

It looks pretty good to me, but, and this may just be my eyes, the big box at the bottom looks a little bit too much to the left and not centered.
She/Her
Bi | Gray-Ace

Always down to reconnect with people from the past, no matter how long it has been or why it stopped. If you knew me from long ago, feel free to reach out <3

♩ ♪ and i despise my jealous eyes and how hard they fell for you ♫ ♬
Tornassuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Thank you both for saying something. :) Puppy: Yes, the boxes are supposed to be a bit rounded. ^^ It makes them look a bit more like effort was put into them. ^^ I will fix the other boxes though, I see what you mean. Scarlit: Oh my. That is really sticking out now. X3 I will fix that when I get the chance, thank you. :)

The master post has been updated to look cleaner, and more informational.

Oh, I don't know! But isn't it nice? Not to know. Ugh. You're not a victim. Not a target. Not just one night it's better to forget.

Eve/Nakaru/Trilobitemeat/Squonk | Adult | They/Them
Art Shop | Art Gallery

...But then... whatever in the world could you be?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooxen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi, sorry that I have been not talking for a bit but school, y'know.

Concerning, the layout of the site, I can't see it? It says the page you are looking for can't be found.
gooxen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:43 pm

I am having no problem viewing it. Does this link work?
If that does not work, try this link:
http://sta.sh/02d4bm9xog45

Oh, I don't know! But isn't it nice? Not to know. Ugh. You're not a victim. Not a target. Not just one night it's better to forget.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:35 am

Scarlit wrote:I'm aware, and maybe that's true, but I thought each article summed the study up well for those who don't have time to read the study and/or don't understand it fully, and I just left a direct link to the study in case anyone doesn't want to read the articles, just wants to get straight to the study and/or have trouble finding the entire study. And I felt each article contributed to the subject. Having a few links would also be good in case a link were to ever go down, there'll still be an operating link to explain the study. But it may be a little redundant.

I know one study doesn't prove anything, but I like to think this one will pave the road for more and further studies to be taken on feral herd behavior, and it still does support the theory that wild herds are not necessarily ruled by a lead mare. Unfortunately, I don't think many people are willing to put enough money or time into more studies like this, so for now it's just the one and your own anecdotal evidence.

True! That is also a good point, and I can see why you bring them all together. The study reports themselves can be very, VERY dry. Most of the time I don't even bother. hehe. It would be interesting, but I think you're right as well. It's not something vital to anything really, and not many would take the time or effort. Pity really.

Evee4ever228 wrote:Thank you both for saying something. :) Puppy: Yes, the boxes are supposed to be a bit rounded. ^^ It makes them look a bit more like effort was put into them. ^^ I will fix the other boxes though, I see what you mean. Scarlit: Oh my. That is really sticking out now. X3 I will fix that when I get the chance, thank you. :)

The master post has been updated to look cleaner, and more informational.

Cool cool! I like the roundness, it breaks up the 'clinical' straight lines. Some variety is good in a page. As for saying something, I admit, maybe I'm a little frank sometimes... but I don't believe in pandering and saying 'oh its awesome' just for the fear of hurting someones feelings. Yes, I don't like hurting peoples feelings, but if someone is serious about something, as I believe you are about this site, they won't mind the input. What's the point of you asking for input if no one gives it? :) I say what I say, and what I mean. ^.^ Glad some of it can be of help.
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 am

PuppygirlWillow wrote:Cool cool! I like the roundness, it breaks up the 'clinical' straight lines. Some variety is good in a page. As for saying something, I admit, maybe I'm a little frank sometimes... but I don't believe in pandering and saying 'oh its awesome' just for the fear of hurting someones feelings. Yes, I don't like hurting peoples feelings, but if someone is serious about something, as I believe you are about this site, they won't mind the input. What's the point of you asking for input if no one gives it? :) I say what I say, and what I mean. ^.^ Glad some of it can be of help.

You my friend have just earned a spot in my favorite people book. It is so refreshing to FINALLY see someone give their opinion without the fear of hurting the creators feelings. I mean, maybe it is because of personal experience, but I think not saying anything is worse than saying something.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyersal » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:00 am

Sorry, I havnt said much recently because school is busy (maths exam tomorrow, been revising a lot)

But I can try and write some history for different breeds (information page ing) if you want, I just wanted to know what sort of thing you'd want put in, or specific things you'd want mentioned?
(Breed traits, origins, famous horses of that breed, ect)

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_people.
I have received _19_gifts.

Book Recommendations, because i like them and wanna share :)

• Maze Runner Series // James Dashner
• Pegasus Series // Kate O'Hearn
• Gone Series // Michael Grant
Tyersal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 am

Tyersal wrote:Sorry, I havnt said much recently because school is busy (maths exam tomorrow, been revising a lot)

But I can try and write some history for different breeds (information page ing) if you want, I just wanted to know what sort of thing you'd want put in, or specific things you'd want mentioned?
(Breed traits, origins, famous horses of that breed, ect)

Its alright. :) An education is much more important than this game. ^^ Whatever you think is important. :) Adding what the breed excels at, and the origin would be great though. :)

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooxen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Hey! Awesome news! My birthday is on April 9, and theres like a 99% chance im getting a drawing tablet which means I can draw and send you art way easier!
gooxen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me