Halloween Hunt FAQ

Current Event: šŸ„šEaster Egg Hunt šŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Halloween Hunt FAQ

Postby Fishie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:11 am

The hunt is over. You cannot hunt for candy anymore, but you should still be able to trade in your candy.

Before reading, check out:
Halloween Candy Exchange and Info
Halloween Event Announcement
Halloween Event Chat

Summary

The Halloween Trick or Treating Event is similar to the April Egg Hunt. On certain pages, you can find a banner at the bottom of the page. Click it, and you will find a certain type of candy. You can then exchange the candy for pets, items, or keep it to decorate your pets with. Once you've clicked a banner, you can only find one half an hour later.

FAQ's

Where do I find the candy?
You don't actually find candy, you find a banner at the bottom of a page. The banner looks like this:
It's at the very bottom of the page, so scroll down as far as you can.
The banner is only hidden in some posts, and comes up randomly, it's all about luck!
Once you find the banner, you need to click it. That's when it will tell you which candy you found.
If you can't find any, just keep trying! You're bound to find some soon.

I still can't find any, and I've looked everywhere! T.T
Keep looking! Sometimes it takes a while before you find one. Click as many different threads as you can, try performing different actions around the forum.

I found candy, now it's telling me to wait... why?
When you find candy, you have to wait 30 minutes before you can find any more. Some text appears at the bottom of the page telling you how long to wait.
This is so that you don't find hundreds of pieces of candy, it makes it more challenging.
Once the time to wait is up, the text will disappear.

Does the candy appear on my operating system?
The Halloween event should work on every operating system, so don't worry :)

Do all the hunt items (candy/ghosts) have the same rarity?
No, the ghost candies are a bit rarer than the candy corn and lollipops.
Moonflight wrote:The ghost candies are twice as rare as the, lollipops and candy corn; the 'ghosties' are ten times rarer than the more common candies, and five times rarer than ghost candies.

Someone had some really cool candy that I didn't find... is it really rare?
You can exchange the candy you find for a special pack of candies. You can't find this candy on the hunt, you can only exchange hunt candy for it.

Can I trade for Halloween items and/or candy?
Yes, the Halloween items and candy are just like any other special items/pets. As long as someone is willing to trade it, you can trade for it.
You can find the candy under items, under food.

Do the newborns on the exchange page have different outcomes?
We're not sure about the rats or dogs yet, since they haven't grown.
Equimagine's roadkill ponies have at least 2 outcomes though, one non-growing, and one growing.

When will the Halloween event end?
Nick wrote:It will run at least to the 31st.

What if I find a banner but don't click it?
Nothing will happen. If you find a banner, but want to take your chances with another one, you will not have to wait 30 minutes. However, you won't get any candy.

I keep getting the same candy ;A; whyyy?
It's just luck :( you have the same chance of getting everything, but sometimes luck just isn't on your side. Keep on trying!

Can you find anything other than candy?
Yes, there are ghost items that you can find just like the candy. They're not very common, and you can't exchange candy for them., you also can't exchange them for items.

Is there a limit to how many items we can have?
The limit is 110. This is how many times in total you click the banner and receive any prize.

Who created the Halloween pets?
(Not really a FAQ, but some information nevertheless :) )
Moonflight wrote:The butterfly wolf costumes, trick-or-treat bags, bats, candies, and the Halloween rat, cat, and black/red butterfly wolf were made by Shima; the red dogs were made by me and the 'roadkill' horses were by Equi (duh XD). I can't remember who made the orange butterfly wolf right now ><

Will the new items on the exchange page actually help me fin candy?
Nope, it says help your pets collect candy, but it doesn't mean it will make finding candy any easier.

Here's a little guide by Missuh to help you guys further :)

Missuh wrote:I'll probably make a formal post with this info in 'CS chat, but I figured it'd help out some people here too.

Most of us who are finding candy at an alarming rate, kinda know how the system works because the Easter hunt was orchestrated like this as well. You had to 'hunt' down the banner that gave away amazing goodies. lol

Since a lot of people aren't quite sure what to look for, or how, or where, I'd like to give a little guide to that. (Without giving away everything!)

First off, it's always the easiest for me to start off at the very beginning, so to speak. I always just click to go to the forums 'front page'. And at the very top, it should look like this:

See the little buttons that say, 'Board index', 'Search', 'Members', 'FAQ'? Click those. As soon as the page loads, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen. If nothing is there, you just click the next link and try the same thing, rinse and repeat until you find something.

After you have run out of those tabs to click(I just only click the main tabs, not any of the smaller tabs on the pages), if you are still unsuccessful in your search, click the 'Board Index' tab once again and move onto clicking the forum threads.

I always start with Announcements and work my way down. Click the forum threads and once those pages load, scroll down to the bottom of the page. If nothing is there, I always just click the 'Board Index' button at the very bottom of the page (Left hand side) and start over. (After checking the bottom of the board index page again. lol) Rinse and repeat until you find something.

I can normally find the link within about 5 minutes of searching like that. Sometimes it takes a little longer and I move onto checking the bottom of my inbox page, the bottom of my 'Veiw posts page', etc. Those times however are rare. I've never really had to look through individual threads, but you can always flip through those as well.

Once you've found something, it should look this:

It will be on the very bottom, at the left hand side. Just click the banner, and yay! You found candy! (Or little ghosties >.>)

There is a time limit between how often you can find a banner. There is a 30 minute wait. It's always the same, it never changes, and luckily Nick has given us another little banner to help keep track of the time between searches. The little banner will look like this:

The time will obviously go down as your 30 minute wait period goes up. It will be on every forum page until the time is up. So you don't have to worry about trying to remember how much time you have left, etc. It will be on the bottom left corner of every page (Like the candy banner).

This is a really rough guide, and if someone has already beaten me to making one to help people out, Sorry. I just remember how much trouble I had at Easter until a friend was nice enough to really spell it out for me. I'm a pretty visual person, and I figured pictures would help guide people more then words would. Also, very sorry if this is against the rules, I just wanted to help out the people who were having a pretty tough time trying to grasp the concept, and to hopefully make it easier for them to search.

And here's a free online timer to help you keep track of when you can start hunting again! Thanks to dejaentendu for providing the link :)
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/online-countdown/

Have any information you think I should add, or want to ask a question? Just post or PM me!
Last edited by Fishie on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 am, edited 16 times in total.
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Halloween Hunt FAQ

Postby Tess » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:14 am

I would like this even more if the font was a bit bigger :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:52 am

Kdrod95 wrote:
Tess wrote:I would like this even more if the font was a bit bigger :)

I must agree with you Tess. I'm half-blind & could hardly see font slightly bigger then that.

It didn't look like she was here to read it so I edited her post for her ... :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeweled » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 am

Tess wrote:
Kdrod95 wrote:
Tess wrote:I would like this even more if the font was a bit bigger :)

I must agree with you Tess. I'm half-blind & could hardly see font slightly bigger then that.

It didn't look like she was here to read it so I edited her post for her ... :)

Much more readable now. Thanks! :D
Jeweled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastry » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Sorry if this is intruding on your FAQ or anything. But I typed up something to help guide people in their search for the candy. I'll quote it from the thread and if you don't want me to post it, I can remove it. ^^

Missuh wrote:I'll probably make a formal post with this info in 'CS chat, but I figured it'd help out some people here too.

Most of us who are finding candy at an alarming rate, kinda know how the system works because the Easter hunt was orchestrated like this as well. You had to 'hunt' down the banner that gave away amazing goodies. lol

Since a lot of people aren't quite sure what to look for, or how, or where, I'd like to give a little guide to that. (Without giving away everything!)

First off, it's always the easiest for me to start off at the very beginning, so to speak. I always just click to go to the forums 'front page'. And at the very top, it should look like this:

See the little buttons that say, 'Board index', 'Search', 'Members', 'FAQ'? Click those. As soon as the page loads, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen. If nothing is there, you just click the next link and try the same thing, rinse and repeat until you find something.

After you have run out of those tabs to click(I just only click the main tabs, not any of the smaller tabs on the pages), if you are still unsuccessful in your search, click the 'Board Index' tab once again and move onto clicking the forum threads.

I always start with Announcements and work my way down. Click the forum threads and once those pages load, scroll down to the bottom of the page. If nothing is there, I always just click the 'Board Index' button at the very bottom of the page (Left hand side) and start over. (After checking the bottom of the board index page again. lol) Rinse and repeat until you find something.

I can normally find the link within about 5 minutes of searching like that. Sometimes it takes a little longer and I move onto checking the bottom of my inbox page, the bottom of my 'Veiw posts page', etc. Those times however are rare. I've never really had to look through individual threads, but you can always flip through those as well.

Once you've found something, it should look this:

It will be on the very bottom, at the left hand side. Just click the banner, and yay! You found candy! (Or little ghosties >.>)

There is a time limit between how often you can find a banner. There is a 30 minute wait. It's always the same, it never changes, and luckily Nick has given us another little banner to help keep track of the time between searches. The little banner will look like this:

The time will obviously go down as your 30 minute wait period goes up. It will be on every forum page until the time is up. So you don't have to worry about trying to remember how much time you have left, etc. It will be on the bottom left corner of every page (Like the candy banner).

This is a really rough guide, and if someone has already beaten me to making one to help people out, Sorry. I just remember how much trouble I had at Easter until a friend was nice enough to really spell it out for me. I'm a pretty visual person, and I figured pictures would help guide people more then words would. Also, very sorry if this is against the rules, I just wanted to help out the people who were having a pretty tough time trying to grasp the concept, and to hopefully make it easier for them to search.

I just remember how hard it was for me at first for the Easter hunt, so I figured do a little guide similar to what my friend did for me back in April. I've always found things easier to understand...if there were pictures. lol
ImageImage
Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image

ImageImage
Pastry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Missuh wrote:Sorry if this is intruding on your FAQ or anything. But I typed up something to help guide people in their search for the candy. I'll quote it from the thread and if you don't want me to post it, I can remove it. ^^

I just remember how hard it was for me at first for the Easter hunt, so I figured do a little guide similar to what my friend did for me back in April. I've always found things easier to understand...if there were pictures. lol

It's no problem at all ^^ I'll add it to the first post, it that's fine with you, and give you credit for it.
Yes, pictures help us all 8D X3
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastry » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:47 pm

fishieloverxox wrote:It's no problem at all ^^ I'll add it to the first post, it that's fine with you, and give you credit for it.
Yes, pictures help us all 8D X3

That's perfectly fine with me. lol
ImageImage
Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image

ImageImage
Pastry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Mmm, I thought the candies showed up randomly, not that they had a rarity.I honestly don't see a difference between the places I got my ghosts and the ones where I got the rest of my candy, has a mod confirmed that?
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf-fire » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Luli wrote:Mmm, I thought the candies showed up randomly, not that they had a rarity.I honestly don't see a difference between the places I got my ghosts and the ones where I got the rest of my candy, has a mod confirmed that?

I think its random too...i've been having a lot of luck finding the trick or treat banner in pretty much the same place after clicking around and ive gotten all three candies from it.
wolf-fire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Luli wrote:Mmm, I thought the candies showed up randomly, not that they had a rarity.I honestly don't see a difference between the places I got my ghosts and the ones where I got the rest of my candy, has a mod confirmed that?

I'm not 100% sure, but both now and in the Easter hunt, I notice that certain places tend to have say, lollipops, while others tend to give out ghosts. I've seen many people looking for the little ghost candies, so I think that the only reason certain items are 'rarer' is because they are hidden in places people don't search in very often. You're right, they don't actually have a rarity, but the places that aren't visited very often have less common items in them.
I notice that I get the same item in certain places I visit. But I will wait until a mod confirms :)
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me