Summer Event 2016 - Discussion | V.2. - Check Frontpage

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: Summer Event 2016 - Discussion | V.2. - Check Frontpage

Postby Blueberry » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:57 pm

I just had an awesome idea for next summers event. Now granted not everyone would like it... I was thinking something like a boot camp. It'd be a collaboration of the Navy, Marines, Army etc. There'd be a token for each branch of the military (I'm not sure what the tokens would look like). You could earn different items for trading in tokens like a submarine from the Marines a plane/helicopter from the Air Force or tank from the Army to put over your pet like the space ships we got this year. For the free items you could get the uniforms as well as from all of the branches. The pets you got would be camouflage for the army etc.
Last edited by Blueberry on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:11 am

Kabaneri wrote:I just had an awesome idea for next summers event. Now granted not everyone would like it... I was thinking something like a boot camp. It'd be a collaboration of the Navy, Marines, Army etc. There'd be a token for each branch of the military (I'm not sure what the tokens would look like). You could earn different items for trading in tokens like a submarine from the Marines a plane/helicopter from the Air Force or tank from the Army to put over your pet like the space ships we got this year. For the free items you could get the uniforms as well as from all of the branches. The pets would be camouflage for the army etc.

Well all their uniforms are camo xD they all also have dress uniforms. I think getting both the ACU and the dress uniform would be cool. Maybe the tokens can be badges with each of the branches emblems on it? Rank patches would be awesome as well! :D maybe like we have to go through a stage of each of their boot camp stuff? (Amphibious warfare training for marines, parachute trooping for airforce, battle controls on a destroyer, tactical games for army etc ) i totally support this idea xD i love military stuff
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Clockwork~ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Kabaneri wrote:I just had an awesome idea for next summers event. Now granted not everyone would like it... I was thinking something like a boot camp. It'd be a collaboration of the Navy, Marines, Army etc. There'd be a token for each branch of the military (I'm not sure what the tokens would look like). You could earn different items for trading in tokens like a submarine from the Marines a plane/helicopter from the Air Force or tank from the Army to put over your pet like the space ships we got this year. For the free items you could get the uniforms as well as from all of the branches. The pets you got would be camouflage for the army etc.

This is a great idea. It could be really fun, but remember, there are small children on this site. It would be kinda hard to filter out violence from war, or else it wouldn't really be war.

Clockwork

She/Her

I'm a proud freak with a bizarre obsession with Alexander Hamilton and anger at the incredibly inaccurate musical.

I'm still sending PMs and I'm trying to get pets from quitting users before they lose interest so the pets go back into the economy. I haven't quit per se, just changed motivation.
That means if you want my pets you can have them, if you need to get rid of stuff fast, I'll give them out, and if you need a friend I'm happy with random PMs. :)
~Clockwork~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:55 pm

~Clockwork~ wrote:
Kabaneri wrote:I just had an awesome idea for next summers event. Now granted not everyone would like it... I was thinking something like a boot camp. It'd be a collaboration of the Navy, Marines, Army etc. There'd be a token for each branch of the military (I'm not sure what the tokens would look like). You could earn different items for trading in tokens like a submarine from the Marines a plane/helicopter from the Air Force or tank from the Army to put over your pet like the space ships we got this year. For the free items you could get the uniforms as well as from all of the branches. The pets you got would be camouflage for the army etc.

This is a great idea. It could be really fun, but remember, there are small children on this site. It would be kinda hard to filter out violence from war, or else it wouldn't really be war.

It could just be a "get into shape" sort of boot camp. C: I think that would be really fun! I personally would love it, but I don't think there ought to be items based solely around the US military branches. I am American, but I know many others aren't. I think that generic military themed tokens and accessories would be fun! Lots of camouflage, maybe some mud decors(since many boot camps feature that crawling-under-the-bridge-in-the-mud event, and maybe dog tags? Haha I'm excited and this is just an idea. xD

I still think it's crazy that one of these actually turned out Very Rare this year! Has there ever been a Very Rare event pet before?

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Haagen-Daagen wrote:
~Clockwork~ wrote:

It could just be a "get into shape" sort of boot camp. C: I think that would be really fun! I personally would love it, but I don't think there ought to be items based solely around the US military branches. I am American, but I know many others aren't. I think that generic military themed tokens and accessories would be fun! Lots of camouflage, maybe some mud decors(since many boot camps feature that crawling-under-the-bridge-in-the-mud event, and maybe dog tags? Haha I'm excited and this is just an idea. xD

I still think it's crazy that one of these actually turned out Very Rare this year! Has there ever been a Very Rare event pet before?

Ah I didn't think about that. I doubt kids in Germany would care for the likes of my idea lol.
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:00 pm

I could see "play fighting" as a military theme. Inflatable rockets, toy RC boats, foam ball gun, and waterballoon grenades! The tanks could be made of cardboard boxes! Barricades could be pillows or flipped furniture!

May never happen though due to the fact anything army equates to war and terrible stuff. We can still dream though of innocent battles with fake weapons!
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Ooh what if it was water balloon fight themed? 8D Then we could still have innocent "war" themed items like forts and camo. x) Maybe there would be two teams of different colors, and we'd get items that feature either color. Maybe different water balloons could be tokens?

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karia » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:29 pm

WASSAP wrote:I could see "play fighting" as a military theme. Inflatable rockets, toy RC boats, foam ball gun, and waterballoon grenades! The tanks could be made of cardboard boxes! Barricades could be pillows or flipped furniture!

May never happen though due to the fact anything army equates to war and terrible stuff. We can still dream though of innocent battles with fake weapons!

...Paintball? I've never played it before though, but maybe just a fun colour-themed "war"?
ιт's ιη мү нεα∂, ∂αяℓιηg
deviantart ;; describe me!
kirana ;; anything ;; questioning s/o
hello! you can call me Karia or Kirana!
I love reading, writing and trading!
feel free to shoot me a pm!
I don't bite, and love it when i get a trade/message

ι нσρε тнαт үσυ'ℓℓ вε нεяε

xxxxxxωнεη

xxxxxx» ι «

xxxxxxηεε∂
вυттσиѕ
ImageImage
ImageImage

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´`•.,¸¸,.•´¯

үσυ » тнε « мσsт
Karia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby actuallypunny » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:31 pm

water balloons remind me of the beach.
what kind of pets would we have for a water balloon fight?
(im imagining a water balloon fight that goes on for 2 weeks. everybody is tired)
or maybe just an event where we fling a bunch of stuff at each other.
egg fights, toilet paper fights, SNOWBALL FIGHTS
but thats a lot of travelling

edit: paintball is really fun, but its easy to get bruises through the paintball suits

╔══════━──────── • ───━─────══════╗
hey. i'm j.
i'm an avid fan of splatoon 2, and i like to draw
and play video games in my spare time.
art instagramtwitter©

╚══════━──────── • ───━─────══════╝

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

actuallypunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawnslight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 am

y'know what i want for an event? a camping event. one of those and my year would be made; so much nostalgia put into one event and telling scary stories around a camp fire; imagine it!
Dawnslight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me