Summer Event 2016 - Discussion | V.2. - Check Frontpage

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: Summer Event 2016 - Discussion | V.2. - Check Frontpage

Postby sun struck » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Dang It Moon Moon! wrote:
Lion blaze wrote:Hey guys! I know it's like super super late, but can anyone tell me the names of the constellations used for, you know the constellation pets..? Please?

Berkshire wrote:
I made the pets with the sections of pitch black on them. Here are their names/constellations!
Pet's name: Lupus

Pet's name: Pegasus

Pet's name: Monceros

Pet's name: Scorpius

Pet's name: Leo

Pet's name: Vulpecula

Pet's name: Equuleus

Ursa major, ursa minor, and draco were made by sketchi.

Ursa Major

Ursa Minor

Draco

Thanks sooooo much!;)
sun struck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aquamiao » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm a bit suprised by the rarities

The Bamster and the Bannerfly wolf was an uncommon

Yet a rat was very rare
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β˜†
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
╔═════ βˆ˜β—¦ β˜† β—¦βˆ˜ ═════╗
i saw it in that meteor,
a light that cuts into the darkness--
light up my eyes and i won’t get lost,
so watch over me, Regulus! β™ͺ

aqua | they/them | discord: sticktoyourfaith
current interests: blue lock, prsk,
apothecary diaries, gotg, splatoon, etc

Image Image
β•šβ•β•β•β•β• βˆ˜β—¦ β˜† β—¦βˆ˜ ═════╝
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β–‘
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β˜†
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

aquamiao

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Well, you've got to look at different factors.

Firstly, as mentioned before, it takes a lot more work to get token pets than freebies. Event pets that require you to do any amount of work for them will always be rarer than regular freebies. That's why even the squids easily stayed uncommon.
    You've got to keep in mind that the majority of CS' active users are casually playing the game, and that the people you see getting hundreds of banners are absolutely not a majority. Even just getting a full set of event pets is a feat that requires more work that the majority of players are putting in.
    With stuff like monthly litters, you go and adopt 4... 6... 10 pets in one go, and you have to do nothing to get them. With token pets and banner pets, you have to spend time looking for banners, and you only get one every time you trade in.

Second, there's always the odds of getting a certain pet. If a litter of token pets is big, then it's gonna take more attempts for someone to get every outcome.
    For example, look at Berkshire's constellation pets. There were ten (!) outcomes of them and all came from the same trade-in. If you are incredibly, uncannily lucky, that means you have to do the trade-in at least ten times to get them all. Not only is that a lot of time in terms of collecting tokens/hunting banners, but simply the fact that there are ten pets to get means that every individual outcome has a better chance at ending up rare than if there were only two or three. Because again, the majority of people don't make enough trade-ins to get the full set. Most people will only get a few of them at best.

However, if a litter has a low number of outcomes and it is not all that popular overall, it might also be more likely to become rare, because people find it easier to get each outcome and might not try to get extras. And people who have enough tokens to trade for extra fodder prefer to go for the things that they think will be better to trade off.

And lastly, of course the odds for getting some of the pets are lower than others. That's how the green rat turned VR. Not only was it in a litter of 7 that was slightly time-consuming to get (better hope you get 2 flowers from aquila, otherwise you'll have to sacrifice three more banner tokens), but the overall chance to get it was notably lower than for the rest of the litter.
    People kept saying they had trouble getting this rat, it was sought-after the whole time. I actually did suspect it of turning out VR simply because it seemed much harder to obtain than the others from the litter.

The rarities of pets cannot be unbalanced because they are calculated. The system checks how many of a pet there are, and how many people are playing the game, and then compares those numbers.
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amajiki » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:45 pm

ZΞ•L wrote:
    Well, you've got to look at different factors.

Firstly, as mentioned before, it takes a lot more work to get token pets than freebies. Event pets that require you to do any amount of work for them will always be rarer than regular freebies. That's why even the squids easily stayed uncommon.
    You've got to keep in mind that the majority of CS' active users are casually playing the game, and that the people you see getting hundreds of banners are absolutely not a majority. Even just getting a full set of event pets is a feat that requires more work that the majority of players are putting in.
    With stuff like monthly litters, you go and adopt 4... 6... 10 pets in one go, and you have to do nothing to get them. With token pets and banner pets, you have to spend time looking for banners, and you only get one every time you trade in.

Second, there's always the odds of getting a certain pet. If a litter of token pets is big, then it's gonna take more attempts for someone to get every outcome.
    For example, look at Berkshire's constellation pets. There were ten (!) outcomes of them and all came from the same trade-in. If you are incredibly, uncannily lucky, that means you have to do the trade-in at least ten times to get them all. Not only is that a lot of time in terms of collecting tokens/hunting banners, but simply the fact that there are ten pets to get means that every individual outcome has a better chance at ending up rare than if there were only two or three. Because again, the majority of people don't make enough trade-ins to get the full set. Most people will only get a few of them at best.

However, if a litter has a low number of outcomes and it is not all that popular overall, it might also be more likely to become rare, because people find it easier to get each outcome and might not try to get extras. And people who have enough tokens to trade for extra fodder prefer to go for the things that they think will be better to trade off.

And lastly, of course the odds for getting some of the pets are lower than others. That's how the green rat turned VR. Not only was it in a litter of 7 that was slightly time-consuming to get (better hope you get 2 flowers from aquila, otherwise you'll have to sacrifice three more banner tokens), but the overall chance to get it was notably lower than for the rest of the litter.
    People kept saying they had trouble getting this rat, it was sought-after the whole time. I actually did suspect it of turning out VR simply because it seemed much harder to obtain than the others from the litter.

The rarities of pets cannot be unbalanced because they are calculated. The system checks how many of a pet there are, and how many people are playing the game, and then compares those numbers.

This does make since c: i somehow got lucky and ended up with 4 green rats, but i did trade 3 of them away when i didnt know the rarity lol
β•“β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β˜†β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•–
c-will | adult | any pronouns
finally changed layout after ages
β•™β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β˜†β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•œ
credit -- --

amajiki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Aquatail626 wrote:I'm a bit suprised by the rarities

Yet a rat was very rare

Both banner pets were definitely more easy to obtain towards the end of the event. While many struggled at first, in the end you could see multiples in a single trade group towards the end.

I hoarded the hamster, so I definitely know what I'm speaking about. It was a hassle to trade for them in the first few days, but in the end I could've probably extended my hoard to 100 hamsters and would still find them easily. ^^;

A friend of mine got 7 or 8 hamsters from the banner.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iva_Tyra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:30 am

I had to trade in tokens for six blue Qiel'u's in a row before I got a red one... (though I swapped two blues for red doggies) :P
Hoarding those cuties!
I have in total 11 blue and 13 red, and four of the red dogs are from trading >.<
If not for the Swap thread, I could have sworn the red was a bit more rare, or at least the same rarity as original Qiel'u ^^'
Iva_Tyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mewxinfinity » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:51 am

I just realized that I have 6 rare pets from the event I really like the event
sometimes i remember this site and the fact that younger me cried over a rat i accidentally traded here
sorry if i respond late i am, not good at thinking up responses hdgsfdgsfs
Mewxinfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshidog » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:57 am

Raire wrote:

Yet a rat was very rare

Both banner pets were definitely more easy to obtain towards the end of the event. While many struggled at first, in the end you could see multiples in a single trade group towards the end.

I hoarded the hamster, so I definitely know what I'm speaking about. It was a hassle to trade for them in the first few days, but in the end I could've probably extended my hoard to 100 hamsters and would still find them easily. ^^;

I got 3 banner hamsters XD
↑ --------------------------- ↑
hi, i'm moose and i love you β™‘
god, blm, pisces, 2/24/16
β†Ÿ --------------------------- β†Ÿ
Mooshidog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow, » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:08 am

Raire wrote:

Yet a rat was very rare

I started giving away the banner hamsters I got so many of them
Please Click My Eggs!
Image Image Image
Shadow,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inigo. » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:47 am

I never got a hamster…
Thanks to the rarity change i finally got an omgsr!!! It's been a goal of mine since 2013 aaa
Inigo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me