2023 Easter Event: Casual Chat

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2023 Easter Event: Casual Chat

Postby CousinEnby » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:14 pm

ohhh my husband checked the archive and yeah, there isn't an eastern dragon egg in that litter, it doesn't ping at all

tess dragon egg from 2018 (the one shown above)

what i think are the tess dragon eggs from this event:
Image Image

meanwhile, the eastern dragon egg from the same 2018 staff litter:

and the chicken egg from that litter:

but, as i mentioned, the archive doesn't even show up with an eastern dragon in the event so far, so it's likely that both eggs are actually chicken eggs. :shock:
Last edited by CousinEnby on Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:16 pm

Okay, just looking back through some stats of last year's animal egg drop rates from people. The average seems to be 2-5% with the occasional one going well above 5%, my personal drop rate was about 2%.
That was WAY too low. Many people barely got enough to swap for missing eggs, not to mention loads of people missed that infamous animal egg 100.

But this year the average drop rate seem to be around 7-10%, my personal drop rate is about 8% and that's too high if you ask me. People are drowning in them.

I would personally set the drop rate at 5-7%, I think that might be the sweet spot. No idea how it actually works behind the scene. It might always be the same every year and some years it just leans to one end or the other of the spectrum. But it would really be nice if the staff were able to find a sweet spot, just the right amount of animal eggs being dropped.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:21 pm

Minimanta wrote:Okay, just looking back through some stats of last year's animal egg drop rates from people. The average seems to be 2-5% with the occasional one going well above 5%, my personal drop rate was about 2%.
That was WAY too low. Many people barely got enough to swap for missing eggs, not to mention loads of people missed that infamous animal egg 100.

But this year the average drop rate seem to be around 7-10%, my personal drop rate is about 8% and that's too high if you ask me. People are drowning in them.

I would personally set the drop rate at 5-7%, I think that might be the sweet spot. No idea how it actually works behind the scene. It might always be the same every year and some years it just leans to one end or the other of the spectrum. But it would really be nice if the staff were able to find a sweet spot, just the right amount of animal eggs being dropped.

you're out here doing the manual math labor for all of CSkind :clap: thank you for your insight!

i'm not sure the inner workings of the banner tokens either, but i definitely think there's a LOT of animal eggs going around this year. i personally have plenty to spare, and i've only gotten 187 banners so far. really curious if the staff modified the algorithms or what-have-yous, or if it's just the whims of the RNG gods
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liiontai » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:23 pm

Sixx O'Clock wrote:I think maybe there's some confusion on what Tess dragons actually are. ;u;" Eastern dragons are the ones that tend to come from chicken eggs. Tess dragons are totally different!
This is a Tess dragon:
This is an Eastern dragon:

ah yep my mistake xp im aware of the different species just got the growth stages mixed up in my mind
ImageImageImage
emily • she/her • lesbian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CS HelpArt Shop
My THThistlehooves
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
commissions: OPEN
art trades: closed

hi! :3c call me liion/emily
pm me if you need help !!
used to be liontamer321
liiontai#0492

i'm really into vtubers and
vocaloid at the moment!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Trade Thread • rat collector
aest timezone
ImageImageImage
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chelydra » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:33 pm

When you think: "Oh, there's five outcomes for today's token pets. I'll get five from Totoro and swap my doubles for the missing ones with other players" and then this happens:
ImageImageImageImageImage
5 narcissus deer in a row. Are the CS gods accusing me of hubris?

Thankfully the curse broke after that: deer no.6 was hydrangea and no.7 chrysanthemum. Now I just have to swap for camellia and wisteria.
Chelydra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FleshCanvas » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:35 pm

CousinEnby wrote:
liiontai wrote:according to the archive sort by species one of these is a chicken and one of these is a tess dragon..

i cannot for the life of me tell which is which. not sure what pet group to sort them into.

that's so crazy... i zoomed in on both of them and the lineart is exactly the same.

gif for emphasis: Image

Ehhmmm I'm not sure if it helps this discussion at all but both of these were intended to be chicken eggs on my end 😅 not sure about the archive at all though
FleshCanvas
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Codex » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:53 pm

Chelydra wrote:When you think: "Oh, there's five outcomes for today's token pets. I'll get five from Totoro and swap my doubles for the missing ones with other players" and then this happens:
ImageImageImageImageImage
5 narcissus deer in a row. Are the CS gods accusing me of hubris?

Thankfully the curse broke after that: deer no.6 was hydrangea and no.7 chrysanthemum. Now I just have to swap for camellia and wisteria.

Totoro ran out of the other flowers in the garden haha
Codex
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aftonsparv » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:54 pm

man i didnt know the green hamster from one of the early free boxes are uncommon
    because i pulled so many and people are relentless in trying to go pass my wishlist lock to swap me for it orz
...............Image.

.✩  ┊  ..ᴀꜰᴛᴏɴsᴘᴀʀᴠ..  ┊ ✩

==any love i made you feel
====.is yours to keep

.✩ ┊  =ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ=  ┊ ✩
...Image
aftonsparv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:45 pm

strawbarry wrote:

man i didnt know the green hamster from one of the early free boxes are uncommon
    because i pulled so many and people are relentless in trying to go pass my wishlist lock to swap me for it orz

felt! I ended up gifting both of my outcomes out since I don't really collect anymore, but it's crazy how many people are missing it :0c
    on that note - egg banner please stop gifting me the squid animal egg. I've literally got it five times and I'm running out of people to gift them to haha
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkAngel » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:26 pm

Just hit the new Limit on token collecting. The Limit is indeed 250.
Click the icons if you want to join!
Please refer my Xanje user, poptarts.

I love having Wermz.
Praise the Wermz.
Let us all get Wermz!

PinkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups