Camp Smoothie: Disappearance Investigation Discussion

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: Camp Smoothie: Disappearance Investigation Discussion

Postby Skyykkeli » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:37 pm

I somehow missed this whole thing when it started and I only now started to read it through but I have not read the whole forum because it started to get overwhelming and might have missed something because of that. But anyways I wanted to give my own thoughts because I spent so much time reading 😅

I had a few different ideas what might be happening but I think this is where I stand:

Seraphine and Cirrus are behind all the cryptids that we have been getting. There is a few possibilities how this is:

-They were kidnapped by the cryptids and somehow made friends with them

-They are looking for and capturing them for us (I think this is least likely)

Or the one I really think happened:
-Seraphine is cryptid shape shifter (kinda like a werewolf maybe?) and Cirrus is covering for them.

Maybe Seraphine can usually somehow manage to stay in their cat form. Like forcing the sift not to happen. But suddenly and unexpectedly they loose control and end up in their cryptid form unable to change back. Panicked and unknowing what to do they kidnap Cirrus to ask for her help (in this scenario Seraphine has a full or almost full control of their cyptid form, not like most of the werewolf stories where the sifter looses most of their control at the moment they sift). At first Cirrus was in a panic but after Seraphine had convinced her that she was safe and that the creature before her was indeed Seraphine they start to look for a way to get Seraphine back into their cat form. Looking for a "cure" took time and thus they send cryptid creatures to the camp for us to find so that their disappearance wold attract less attention. There are still a lot of people that are worried of them of course, some of them try to minimize their worry in front of the campers to not to worry them and some of them show their lowered spirits in front if us more easily. The cryptids are actually very nice and only misunderstood because all the scary stories there are of them so they help up Seraphine very gladly. They have always lived around the camping grounds but usually they don't show themselves to people in fear of a bad reaction. Seraphine and Cirrus probably faked many of the evidence to keep us from finding the truth. Seraphine not believing in cryptids would also be a cover up story so that they wouldn't seem suspicious. Some of the chaos would still probably be the cryptids around the camp, they don't really know how to interact with people and I'm not sure how animalistic they are. When they finally got Seraphine back into their cat form they came up with a cover up story with some truth sprinkled in to hide their tracks.

The reason why I settled into this story is because there is motive and explanation to most of the things.
I'm trying to get every pet from 2023!
Missing: many store pets and both ur pets.
Skyykkeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:43 am

Nanorat wrote:Does anyone think the plushies set is suspicious? We got a pet of every cryptid in it but one.

Why is this guy the only one not included in pet version? Maybe because the aliens were the ones who kidnapped Cirrus? :?:
Aliens are widely renown for mysterious kidnappings with no obvious motive behind them.
"Aliens did it" :ugeek:

Possibly, or they may have just added it due to all the alien talk in the media lately? Aliens are not cryptids, so that's the only reason I can think of as to why that plush was added lol.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arianbelle » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:08 am

Love all the theories. I think a lot of people have given good explanations for why it could've been Seraphine. I agree that Mason feels too obvious.

I have been sussing Moose for fun since he originally seemed like one of the least likely culprits. As someone else said, he seems to be the only counselor who's most concerned about not littering and polluting the campsite, and seems to have thrown Conall into the lake over a disagreement about fishing... probably because of what was being used as bait? Another clue that it could be him is that he had told Cirrus to stay put if she ever got lost and she seems the kind who would reliably obey such an instruction which made her a suitable candidate to be kidnapped. (I also thought it was him who taught her how to make a fire but someone said it was Conall which makes more sense)

Edit: oh, Moose has also been giving hints and then outright stated that Mason is suspicious... Maybe he's been saying all this to throw us off and direct all attention to Mason.
ImageImageImageImage
Arianbelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:33 am

Moose or Andrea. Though I like the above cryptid Seraphine theory.

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soulflame16 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 am

I think it is definitely Andera or Moose with all the hints and pacing. Andera also doesn't seem to be concerned about the kidnaping as long as we are in bed that is all that matters to her and Moose did give out hints trying to pin point Mason. But why is mason acting weird??
Soulflame16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Highland » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:55 am

Arianbelle wrote:Love all the theories. I think a lot of people have given good explanations for why it could've been Seraphine. I agree that Mason feels too obvious.

I have been sussing Moose for fun since he originally seemed like one of the least likely culprits. As someone else said, he seems to be the only counselor who's most concerned about not littering and polluting the campsite, and seems to have thrown Conall into the lake over a disagreement about fishing... probably because of what was being used as bait? Another clue that it could be him is that he had told Cirrus to stay put if she ever got lost and she seems the kind who would reliably obey such an instruction which made her a suitable candidate to be kidnapped. (I also thought it was him who taught her how to make a fire but someone said it was Conall which makes more sense)

Edit: oh, Moose has also been giving hints and then outright stated that Mason is suspicious... Maybe he's been saying all this to throw us off and direct all attention to Mason.

my first thought when it all started was moose! but i then started to think it was conall or mason. but moose could still be in the running for being the culprit
x“You should never say ‘who's there?’
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDon't you watch scary movies? It's a death wish” ©
Highland || adult || xx || stay alive
Thriller/scary movie aficionado

Highland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChaoticzGremlins » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:15 am

As much as I do like the 'Mason is behind this' theory, I'd like to propose a different one?

All the cryptids of the woods came together, angry with Cirrus, and decided to kidnap her, and leave her to fend for herself alone in the woods. Almost like a trial of sorts? The fire she made was obviously the fire by the cave spotted at the watchtower, but yee. Idk, that's just my thoughts on that.
ChaoticzGremlins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thinking.Kiwi » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:02 am

ChaoticzGremlins wrote:As much as I do like the 'Mason is behind this' theory, I'd like to propose a different one?

All the cryptids of the woods came together, angry with Cirrus, and decided to kidnap her, and leave her to fend for herself alone in the woods. Almost like a trial of sorts? The fire she made was obviously the fire by the cave spotted at the watchtower, but yee. Idk, that's just my thoughts on that.

I think that the way Cirrus is describing their kidnapping is too "normal" to have been a cryptid, i mean, if you have cryptid powers why would you avoid being seen by the creature you're kidnapping? Especially if they're trying to send a message, they would've shown themselves to make the message clearer

I still think seraphine and moose are the most sus, and mason is too obvious, probably a red herring or they're trying to pin it on 'em.

they/them | Nonbinary | Asexual | Autistic | Adult

Thinking.Kiwi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:41 am

Y’all I think the individual “walking strangely” was Cirrus. Would you not walk strangely if you were blindfolded and being pushed along in the forest?
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arianbelle » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:45 am

Highland wrote:my first thought when it all started was moose! but i then started to think it was conall or mason. but moose could still be in the running for being the culprit

I didn't suspect him at all at first because he always sounds so level-headed and reliable. Suspecting him started out as a joke for me lol

More thoughts:

- Mason really appears to have the most motive because we now know that cryptids are real. Maybe his intention was for us to find them during our search for Cirrus and Sera. However, they started coming to the campgrounds instead. Maybe they've always been friendly but were scared off by the noisier glampers. If this is true, then it also rules out them being the kidnapper

- who turned the sign around on the raspberry trail? Isn't it odd that the signs led in the right direction when Smoothie campers were searching for Seraphine? It should've already been messed up. It feels like someone wanted us to believe that the sign was switched leading Seraphine to get lost
ImageImageImageImage
Arianbelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me