2022 Summer Event: Casual Chat

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2022 Summer Event: Casual Chat

Postby StardewAddict » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:56 am

Edit
i was gifted the blue deer <33 ty sooo much

ive almost 100% completed this event yayy!!! all i need is the blue deer outcome which i cant seem to get my hands on for some reason
Last edited by StardewAddict on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rei - She/Her - Adult

a bit more active now
Trading Thread:
🐲
Felariums:
🐈
Eldemore Goatlings
DeviantArt
StardewAddict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samiam52900 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:12 am

does anyone have any idea of how long it usually takes for the event pet rarities to come out? or where to find this past info?

sam
samiam52900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:14 am

What do you think cthulhu's rarity will be? I understand we only got one, but everyone got to adopt a one, so I think that they will be rare at very best. I know many people think they're going to be very rare.
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:58 am

CalicoWolf wrote:What do you think cthulhu's rarity will be? I understand we only got one, but everyone got to adopt a one, so I think that they will be rare at very best. I know many people think they're going to be very rare.

Same conditions for cleocatra for the Egypt event back in 2014, everyone only got one adopt. Cleocatra is still uncommon even after all these years. I HIGHLY doubt Cthulhu has any chance at being even just a rare, he’ll be uncommon at best.

archive/2014/Egypt%20Event/?pageStart=7
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:38 am

Faybell wrote:
CalicoWolf wrote:What do you think cthulhu's rarity will be? I understand we only got one, but everyone got to adopt a one, so I think that they will be rare at very best. I know many people think they're going to be very rare.

Same conditions for cleocatra for the Egypt event back in 2014, everyone only got one adopt. Cleocatra is still uncommon even after all these years. I HIGHLY doubt Cthulhu has any chance at being even just a rare, he’ll be uncommon at best.

Personally that's my thoughts too, but I was given it a maybe rare since I've read a lot of people also missed the summer event, but you are probably right.
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:38 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:I’ll probably wait for rarities. I still need blue and green deer but nobody seems to have any for trade when I check the forums

I need the blue deer and several other outcomes still but everyone still wants overpay so I'm sadly gonna probably have to wait for rarities as well.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PoofyBoy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:40 am

Senbonzakura wrote:
XxFlamepoolxX wrote:I’ll probably wait for rarities. I still need blue and green deer but nobody seems to have any for trade when I check the forums

I need the blue deer and several other outcomes still but everyone still wants overpay so I'm sadly gonna probably have to wait for rarities as well.

I've been offered overpay a lot for my stuff, but since I no longer have dupes, I don't trade them. that's my main "no." from me.

I've been offered store pets and old rares from my wl, or even items, but that's just showing me how desperate people have become, and it's pretty sad really.
Hi! I'm not very familiar with this type of thing, though I enjoy the content on CS, seeing as I love animals, though I am hesitant to trade and horrible with values, so I'll send a trade that you can edit back. (Most likely won't send though) But overall, thanks for stopping by! (❁´◡`❁) (boop him!!)
PoofyBoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:23 am

Faybell wrote:

You also need to consider chicken smoothie had significantly more players in 2014 than they do today. Less people online to adopt meaning less cthulus around. In the old events, it was pretty uncommon for any pet to get the rare rarity after the event. Now, we are guaranteed at least 5 rares based on my observation since the jungle event.

Considering how common rare pets are in the past few events, and the fact that hoarders can’t adopt mass amounts, I think he will be rare.
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverGorilla » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:44 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:
Faybell wrote:

You also need to consider chicken smoothie had significantly more players in 2014 than they do today. Less people online to adopt meaning less cthulus around. In the old events, it was pretty uncommon for any pet to get the rare rarity after the event. Now, we are guaranteed at least 5 rares based on my observation since the jungle event.

Considering how common rare pets are in the past few events, and the fact that hoarders can’t adopt mass amounts, I think he will be rare.

i don't think there were that many more players in 2014. while the event was going on, a lot of people were on this year. plus, rarities are based on active players, so it really wouldn't matter that much. most of the event pets that end up being rare are the 20 minute token trade-ins, while the hourly token trade-in pets are usually uncommon. since cthulhu was a free adopt, the chances of it being rare drop a lot. the design's also pretty unique, so most people probably heard about it and didn't miss out on adopting it.

if i had to guess, it'll be uncommon, but be more rare than other uncommons (plus demand will make it fetch the value of a rare)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I enjoy trades so don't be afraid to send one!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm trying to collect every pet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Trading CenterCollection Stats
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Don't be afraid to shoot a PM!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SilverGorilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:16 am

^ agreed, number of players vs now doesn’t matter with how the rarity system works. I still see it being uncommon at best. Even people who missed most of the event was still able to grab it since it was a freebie. And wooow was there a LOT of active people for the event that normally aren’t active. I was regularly seeing 1000+ people online (1500, upwards to 2000!)

Even though it’ll be uncommon, I do see it going for a bit of overpay though. Most people probably won’t be trading there’s away. ^_^
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me