2017 Summer Event - Pet, Item, Event Discussion & Outcomes

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Postby messenger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:39 am

i really liked this event!
    I really love items, more than any pet so I got
    a treat this time around. I just wish there were
    more diversity with the pets that were used,
    however, I love dwarf hamsters so I'm not
    complaining. I did enjoy the complexity of the
    event because I felt it added more dimension.
    It was like you were actually on an adventure.
messenger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Not happy :(

Postby nickjr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am

tehuti88 wrote:I don't see a feedback topic anywhere so I guess this is the best place...?

I hope next year's event returns to the old format. This is the first event I haven't enjoyed. There are just too many places to trade in tokens (including more than one trade option at most locations!), you're never sure if it's a pet or an item or another token you're getting, and especially having to trade in tokens in one place, to get new tokens to trade in another, is too confusing.

Even looking at the outcomes thread I was linked to, and my wishlist, I can't keep track of all the places I have to trade for things or what pets I already have. Plus there are so many different locations that require the same tokens for different things...and games of chance where you're not even sure if you're going to get a pet or an item...I think I'm going to just miss out on most of the pets and items because I can't keep track of it all. :(

It also doesn't seem like we had as much time as usual to click on the banners? I could be wrong on that, though. Just that in past years I always maxed out my banner clicks, but this time I don't think I got to. And it looks like there are a LOT more item outcomes, not sure about pets though. I'm more into pets than items, so accidentally trading for an item and not a pet irks me.

And trading for the pets I don't have is difficult, because it takes me forever to sort my duplicates into my trade group, so by the time I do that, everyone else has what they need and it's time for the next event. I'm pretty much giving up. It'll take me forever to figure out where to get which pets I need with which tokens, and how to ration my tokens among so many locations, too, and I think there's like only a day or two left? Too much hassle when I'm not even sure what I'm going to get.

This is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. :(

Tl;dr: Please let it be simpler next year! Trade tokens, get pets/items. Maybe fewer trade locations as well.

I think last year's summer event was of about the same complexity in regards to tokens and trading in tokens for other tokens? Also, the banner limit was 350 last year and we had 11 days of token hunting and 4 days afterwards to trade in our remaining tokens, while this year the limit was 320 and we had 10 days of token hunting and we have 3 days afterwards to trade in our remaining tokens, so in terms of banners and time, the space event last year and the sea event this year are roughly similar.

Yet it does feel a little more complex this year... maybe because of the number of tokens? Last year, there were only three banner tokens, and we traded for a plethora of other tokens with those three tokens. And then there was one type of token from the get-something-once-per-hour place. But there was one type of token that you could only get through tokens that you had to trade in to get! (trade the banner tokens for flower tokens, then trade the flower tokens for machinery tokens) This year, most of the trade-ins were on the first level (tokens straight from the banner), and there weren't that many trade-ins for the second level (food and deco), so it actually shouldn't feel that much more complex...

Hmm, but last year, most of the trade-ins required just one type of token (i.e. not that many trade-ins that required a combination of banner tokens and tokens from the something-once-per-hour place), whereas nearly every trade-in this year needed something from the kelp forest AND the banner.

I don't know. I feel like everything cancels each other out on average, and then our individual preferences come into play LOL

Making (as in BBCoding) the auction thread for my remaining tokens last year was super easy; making the auction thread for my remaining tokens this year made me want to flip tables. I'm not sure why.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Summer Event - Pet, Item, Event Discussion & Outcom

Postby cswolf. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:01 pm

I just set my mouse on Raymond to trade in my pearls and I just kept clicking. Now I have less fish items and more raymonds than I wanted lol.
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm

nickjr wrote:
tehuti88 wrote:I don't see a feedback topic anywhere so I guess this is the best place...?

I hope next year's event returns to the old format. This is the first event I haven't enjoyed. There are just too many places to trade in tokens (including more than one trade option at most locations!), you're never sure if it's a pet or an item or another token you're getting, and especially having to trade in tokens in one place, to get new tokens to trade in another, is too confusing.

Even looking at the outcomes thread I was linked to, and my wishlist, I can't keep track of all the places I have to trade for things or what pets I already have. Plus there are so many different locations that require the same tokens for different things...and games of chance where you're not even sure if you're going to get a pet or an item...I think I'm going to just miss out on most of the pets and items because I can't keep track of it all. :(

It also doesn't seem like we had as much time as usual to click on the banners? I could be wrong on that, though. Just that in past years I always maxed out my banner clicks, but this time I don't think I got to. And it looks like there are a LOT more item outcomes, not sure about pets though. I'm more into pets than items, so accidentally trading for an item and not a pet irks me.

And trading for the pets I don't have is difficult, because it takes me forever to sort my duplicates into my trade group, so by the time I do that, everyone else has what they need and it's time for the next event. I'm pretty much giving up. It'll take me forever to figure out where to get which pets I need with which tokens, and how to ration my tokens among so many locations, too, and I think there's like only a day or two left? Too much hassle when I'm not even sure what I'm going to get.

Tl;dr: Please let it be simpler next year! Trade tokens, get pets/items. Maybe fewer trade locations as well.

I think last year's summer event was of about the same complexity in regards to tokens and trading in tokens for other tokens? Also, the banner limit was 350 last year and we had 11 days of token hunting and 4 days afterwards to trade in our remaining tokens, while this year the limit was 320 and we had 10 days of token hunting and we have 3 days afterwards to trade in our remaining tokens, so in terms of banners and time, the space event last year and the sea event this year are roughly similar.

Yet it does feel a little more complex this year... maybe because of the number of tokens? Last year, there were only three banner tokens, and we traded for a plethora of other tokens with those three tokens. And then there was one type of token from the get-something-once-per-hour place. But there was one type of token that you could only get through tokens that you had to trade in to get! (trade the banner tokens for flower tokens, then trade the flower tokens for machinery tokens) This year, most of the trade-ins were on the first level (tokens straight from the banner), and there weren't that many trade-ins for the second level (food and deco), so it actually shouldn't feel that much more complex...

Hmm, but last year, most of the trade-ins required just one type of token (i.e. not that many trade-ins that required a combination of banner tokens and tokens from the something-once-per-hour place), whereas nearly every trade-in this year needed something from the kelp forest AND the banner.

I don't know. I feel like everything cancels each other out on average, and then our individual preferences come into play LOL

Making (as in BBCoding) the auction thread for my remaining tokens last year was super easy; making the auction thread for my remaining tokens this year made me want to flip tables. I'm not sure why.

I know of remember the original Medieval Faire being as complicated as far as having to trade tokens in for other tokens to trade in again for prizes. Specifically I remember making thread or trading thread for cloth and cloth in for pets...
I dunno it was like six years ago and I'm lucky I remember what I had for breakfast most days...
Anyway, later years may have been simpler, but there's always been tokens traded for tokens for other things.
Personally, I always feel overwhelmed the first few days. Then by the end of the event I figure it all out and feel much better.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoveIsLove » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Personally I don't mind the complexity , I would actually say my biggest complaint this year is the lack of complexity in the story. My all-time favorite event was the slumber party event the story was engaging and the whole thing had an atmosphere that pulled you in more. I love the summer events and look forward to them and I think it would make them even better if there was more background on npcs and more depth to the storys. Like for example it wouldve been cool if we hadve had some shady npcs this year and one of them turned out to be a real bad guy sabotaging the instruments because he was fired from being Condoctor when they found out he was a surface dweller pretending to be a native and then we have a little thing like the slumber event where you could support one side or the other and all the npcs pick a side and we learn their reasons for supporting whichever side then in the end they both learn a lesson and admit that they were wrong to do what they did and they work together at the jamboree. Or something like that. I will say though that I liked the little race trade in and I think it'd be cool if we had mini games where we could play for pets or if we could search for clues to complete our own mystery boards to figure out the bad guy.
Image♢There are nights when the wolves are silent, and only the moon howls♢
~George Carlin
LoveIsLove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie_Kaspbrak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Tl;dr: Please let it be simpler next year! Trade tokens, get pets/items.

I also wanna add that it's a 10-12 day event with an amazing, generous community so having some challenges is okay.... :'0 If anything, it makes you feel more connected to the community and you become more determined as the event goes on.

Plus, you don't have to get EVERY SINGLE pet released. If you do, you gotta do some work.
QUITTING CS! send me pms on flight rising (perikeets) for my pets!
Eddie_Kaspbrak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Guys please... have anybody same issue?

When you want trade your tokens with "Banquet Table"
After click on "trade" I getting this message instead of pet: "It looks like there is a problem with the way this page is set up."
And I not have it just on my PC but also on my phone (on pc i cleared all cache and its still there - but cause it's on my phone too)
So I can't spend my tokens there for what I need :(
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 pm

I wish the tokens weren't so cute! Especially the kelp, I wanted to keep it to use it on my pets but I ended up needing it to get everything.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ridd » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 pm

'Possum wrote:
nickjr wrote:

I know of remember the original Medieval Faire being as complicated as far as having to trade tokens in for other tokens to trade in again for prizes. Specifically I remember making thread or trading thread for cloth and cloth in for pets...
I dunno it was like six years ago and I'm lucky I remember what I had for breakfast most days...
Anyway, later years may have been simpler, but there's always been tokens traded for tokens for other things.
Personally, I always feel overwhelmed the first few days. Then by the end of the event I figure it all out and feel much better.

You guys have a good point there. I would agree that this event did feel a bit overwhelming at some points, especially when it came to keeping track of who was selling what and what payments they required. I found myself having to pull up this thread each time I wanted to buy something.

Personally, I enjoyed the tokens this year but wish that they were simply giveaway items. I can see why it's technically the same as only having 3-4 variants due to the flexibility in trade-ins, but the large array, I felt was unnecessary. I found the trade-in rates to be rather pricey, too. Then again, that may have just been me.

I did want to note that it bugged me to see another royal family (not to mention, lion) in the summer event. There had been one in a previous year, at the Medieval Faire. Admittedly, this year's lions are much more creative so I do like them more!

Nonetheless, I did have fun participating in this event, albeit having missed the first few days. The pets & items were beautiful as always. Thank you, hosts, for another great summer event!
Ridd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WingSpand » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm on my phone and cant see the banquet food. How many items do you get from chef? Trying to see if I'll get enough to turn in at the entrance. Thank you!
WingSpand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me