2020 Halloween Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2020 Halloween Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Postby sydneydf » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:37 am

Devious Romancer wrote:
Feathering wrote:It was... interesting.... to watch the mass panic on the Halloween trade thread when people didn't know where to look for the PPS rat. I don't know about anyone else but when the Halloween rats dropped, the archive didn't update for me for a while so I could not tell what rats I was missing without scanning the trade forums. Looks like everyone has calmed down now; many must have found their 'missing' pps pumpkins and/or realized something was wrong when they went to go add it on their wishlist because the Halloween thread isn't flooded with the pps rat anymore, but now I'm confused as to what to offer for one. There's still some decent demand based on what's in the October trades thread. ... Maybe I should just wait a month and let the panic fade from everyones' psyches. LOL

I still don’t know where to find it, I was asleep for the mayhem. Lol where was it from?

I'm pretty sure it's from the regular October adopts
    Scorpio
    Queer
    Mental Health Advocate
    (if you ever need someone to talk
    to I am always happy to help/listen)
    She/Her
    Vet Student
    Nature Lover
    Parrot, guinea pig, rabbit (rip beans), and snake owner
sydneydf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:04 am

sydneydf wrote:
Devious Romancer wrote:
Feathering wrote:It was... interesting.... to watch the mass panic on the Halloween trade thread when people didn't know where to look for the PPS rat. I don't know about anyone else but when the Halloween rats dropped, the archive didn't update for me for a while so I could not tell what rats I was missing without scanning the trade forums. Looks like everyone has calmed down now; many must have found their 'missing' pps pumpkins and/or realized something was wrong when they went to go add it on their wishlist because the Halloween thread isn't flooded with the pps rat anymore, but now I'm confused as to what to offer for one. There's still some decent demand based on what's in the October trades thread. ... Maybe I should just wait a month and let the panic fade from everyones' psyches. LOL

I still don’t know where to find it, I was asleep for the mayhem. Lol where was it from?

I'm pretty sure it's from the regular October adopts

yep it is. also i usually wait until like the next month after to go looking for a pet when it goes crazy like this because im not gonna be forking out old rarer pets just for this months pets that are gonna be uncommon at best. x)
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GRUMPYBOSTON » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:12 am

Can someone tell me how many boxes we got today . For some reason I thought two boxes and they were adoptable pets. Thank you for your answer and time. Im excited to do the backgrounds
GRUMPYBOSTON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:44 am

GRUMPYBOSTON wrote:Can someone tell me how many boxes we got today . For some reason I thought two boxes and they were adoptable pets. Thank you for your answer and time. Im excited to do the backgrounds

You can check the boxes each day on the outcomes thread. Today we got one freebie pet box, one freebie item box, and one token pet box. ^^

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go! ✦ icon
need help? ✦ guides ✦ for newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lytala » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:24 am

The banner limit has been raised!
Lytala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:25 am

People want too much for the rat outcomes. I'm hoping demand does down. That and banner pet 3.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahsoka. » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:33 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:People want too much for the rat outcomes. I'm hoping demand does down. That and banner pet 3.

the free rats? can't you just do litter swaps?

if you're talking about the PPS rat, that is just a regular monthly adopt that grew up. It is not part of the Halloween event.
ImageImage

ahsoka.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:40 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:People want too much for the rat outcomes. I'm hoping demand does down. That and banner pet 3.

demand will go down as soon as the event is over/rarities are out. it's always like that with the banner pets, people pay/want an insane overpay for them and they end up being uncommon or rare maximum. (': being patient usually pays off, especially now with the banner limit raised.
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Antipathy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:48 am

charlieputh wrote:

demand will go down as soon as the event is over/rarities are out. it's always like that with the banner pets, people pay/want an insane overpay for them and they end up being uncommon or rare maximum. (': being patient usually pays off, especially now with the banner limit raised.

seconding this - I don't remember about the other banner pets, but I remember the demand for the upside down banner dogs back in 2014 being ridiculously high, and then awhile after the event, they were back to their true value (and those turned out to be uncommons). I can't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't a long time, and I'm thinking it will be about the same for our current banner pets.

edit: oh im glad the banner limit was raised. i was nearing the limit (getting ready to hit 168 candies) so im glad i'll get to find some more candies.
Last edited by Antipathy on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

iiiiiiinothing's gonna hurt you, baby
she/her | asd/adhd | on and off activity
Antipathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:49 am

{for real--my partner just told me how people are auctioning the candycorn bat outcome for VRs :/ that rat will be uncommon at the MOST--I missed it in my original outcomes, but I've traded for 3 easily without swapping rats. The demand is always outrageous right after the pets drop. Give it a day or two and people will be in panic over whatever drops next instead haha.}
{also, I'm SO happy the banner limit increased! Hoping I'll snatch the last banner dog ;-;; so far so good with tokens trades, I haven't had an outcome to hoard yet but that may change tonight x"D and hey, if not, maybe I can trade all my tokens for more of the rats OOP--}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me