How do you get people to join your roleplay?

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

How do you get people to join your roleplay?

Postby PreteenTyrant » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am

How do you get people to join your roleplay? I have just started off and am kinda scared joining/ making roleplays. Is this how other people feel too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
PM me if you want a new friend
Keep in mind I am awkward
HUFFLEPUFF

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R' lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
PreteenTyrant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How do you get people to join your roleplay?

Postby Exyw » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:43 am

Hi there! I felt like that as well, if I were you I would first join some roleplays, it will help your self-confidence, so you should definitely start with that . People here on CS are very nice so don't be scared :) Have a great day and nice roleplaying!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x✧ hi, i'm exy/aklime ✧
xxxxx✧ she/they ✧
x.xxxuma's storage
xxxxxxxart shop
xxxExyw#8101 (discord)
xx,,xxx toyhouse
xxxxx sketchbook
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Exyw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PreteenTyrant » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:19 am

Exyw wrote:Hi there! I felt like that as well, if I were you I would first join some roleplays, it will help your self-confidence, so you should definitely start with that . People here on CS are very nice so don't be scared :) Have a great day and nice roleplaying!

Thank you! I hope that you also have a great day!
PM me if you want a new friend
Keep in mind I am awkward
HUFFLEPUFF

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R' lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
PreteenTyrant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:24 am

Hello!

As said above, there's no need to be afraid of joining in RPs here on CS, or making your own.

As far as joining roleplays, the thread owner will usually say somewhere in the RP post how they want you to sign up - usually this is done with forms on the main thread or a separate discussion/forms thread. Some owners ask forms to be PMed to them privately, and you may find the odd roleplay where you don't even need to sign up and can just 'jump in'. If you see a roleplay you might be interested in but are unsure about how to join, most RP owners will be happy to answer questions via PM. After that stage, the RP owner will hopefully accept your character into the roleplay and you can begin roleplaying when they say so.

When it comes to creating your own roleplays, the best advice I can give is to be clear when setting up the plot. Make sure people know what's going to happen in the roleplay so they can create/adjust characters accordingly. Especially if it's an original plot or made-up scenario, try to present the world in a way that is as interesting as possible, but also make sure there's room for your roleplayers to develop it with you. Communication with your roleplayers is key to keeping it fun and a smooth ride for all, so even though you get the final say on what happens in your RP, try to involve all the roleplayers in decisions about major plot points going forward so that you can create a plot everyone will enjoy.

This and more is all covered in this very detailed guide, which I would really recommend checking out if you want to learn more about creating and running your own roleplay successfully.

If you feel like you want to get more people to see your RP, there are a couple of things you can do.
  • We have a group RP advertisement thread here which you can post in.
  • You may also put the link to your roleplay in your own signature/trade rules/etc where people will see it.
  • If the roleplay falls off the first page of the forum it is in you can also 'bump' it (by posting a message onto the thread) so that it returns to the top of the topics list and more people will see it when browsing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby etc01 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:51 am

Ya i'm not really sure how to get people to go onto my roleplay? It seems like nobody is interested in it, and when I look at other's role plays' they have a ton of people?? I just wanna have some people be in it, but nobody seems to really care. :thumbdown:
Feel free to trade with me! My Moviestarplanet user is MediumCake! "Don't worry be Happy!"
etc01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby etc01 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:52 am

Ya i'm not really sure how to get people to go onto my roleplay? It seems like nobody is interested in it, and when I look at other's role plays' they have a ton of people?? I just wanna have some people be in it, but nobody seems to really care. :thumbdown:
Feel free to trade with me! My Moviestarplanet user is MediumCake! "Don't worry be Happy!"
etc01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:48 pm

Hey,
    in order to get users to be interested in your roleplay you could always try posting on our official roleplay advertisement topic which you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3664990 - or advertise your roleplay in your signature.

Keep in mind that what matters most for a roleplay is the plot. But in order to get users to read your roleplay the appearance of your roleplay is very important too. Especially today the roleplay boards are a lot about how a roleplay looks. If users are enjoying the look of your roleplay, they will also be more likely to actually read the plot and therefore find interest in your idea.
    If you have trouble coding yourself you can always take a look at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3517090 .

Let us know if you have any further questions.
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:40 pm

You may also want to check if users are interested in your plot, and have them make suggestions on what could improve. You can do so here: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3164691

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes