➵ Ada's Archive

A place to store your roleplay character information.

Links for Convenience:

Table of Contents (first post)
No votes
Forms posted in the recent month:
No votes
Azuline - May 31st
No votes
Hickory - June 20th
No votes

Total votes : 0

➵ 2nd Hunger Games

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:18 am

The 2nd Games featured a cold northern forest dominated by evergreens, based off the Canadian wilderness. Nights were unbearably cold and morning brought little warmth. Blinding snowstorms swept through the forest at random intervals, making it impossible to see. The low visibility was made even more dangerous by the numerous cliffs and rocky outcrops representing the Canadian Shield.
The forests were inhabited by cougar mutts with flowing, hairlike dark manes and bladelike claws. Most big cats are solitary hunters, but these mutants banded together in packs to stalk tributes. They would remember their enemies' scents for life.

Tributes
Acacia Auyong • career • D2 • female • 18
Ashley Kailen • tribute • D5 • male • 12
Khali McKellen • victor • D5 • female • 17
Extras • Prince and Genesis

Non-Tributes
Aspen Auyong • Acacia's mother • D2 • female

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Acacia Auyong

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:19 am

-ImageImage----
Acacia Auyong
the death-defying demon
Career of the 2nd Hunger Games

Full name: "Hey, I'm Acacia Auyong. My squad used to call me 'the death-defying demon'. Gave me a good chuckle every time."
Gender: "I'm cool with anything." Acacia identifies as female, but any pronouns are fine.
Sexuality: "No idea, really."
District: "District Two. I grew up in sleepy Elmdale village at the foot of the mountains. When war broke out, I enlisted at the age of fourteen. To be honest, I didn't know what I was fighting for, I just wanted to preserve our way of life."
Age: "I was eighteen when I volunteered for the Hunger Games. Reckoned it'd be my chance to pull off something heroic."

Voice type: Baritone
Appearance: Acacia stands at 5'11", with broad shoulders and an athletic figure. She is lean and well-muscled from the rigorous physical demands of military life. Her warm olive skin is covered with scars, but she wears them with pride. Each one of them represents an enemy soldier who failed to take her life. She has silky black hair often tied in a low ponytail, and narrow russet-brown eyes.
Personality: "I try to be as annoying as possible for my enemies. I'll never betray my friends, though, unless you count puns as treason." Acacia is laid-back and relaxed. An optimist at heart, she'll find something to laugh about in the worst of times. Some even believe she has no emotions because of how placid she is, a fair assumption to make when watching her fight. In the field, her opponent would literally shoot her and she'd just make the most annoying pun imaginable. Her jokes are so bad they're torturous.
A steadfast ally and an infuriating enemy, Acacia shines in battle thanks to her composure. She loves to wear a calm smile as her enemy's irritation grows and grows. To her friends, she's incredibly loyal and can even show a nurturing side.

Crush: "Sam's cute." Acacia has a soft spot for her upbeat district partner.

Alliance: "I'm a Career. Although I trained at the Academy for only one year, I felt ready. My experience in the District Two army helped me a ton." Due to Acacia's prior experience in combat, she became leader of the Careers. Her military influence shaped the alliance's cultural development, pushing future Careers to think of themselves as brothers-in-arms.
Reaped or volunteered: "Volunteered. Proudest day of my life." Acacia thought of all the young children who'd been terrified of the Hunger Games just a year prior. Now they wouldn't need to worry, the Careers would take their place.
Parade outfit: "Something called a 'dress'... never touched those in my life." Acacia wore a dress with a sedimentary rock pattern. Although she hated it, she plastered on a smile and endured the torturous ordeal.
Interview angle: "I decided to annoy the audience with puns. After forcing me into that torture device called a 'dress', they needed a little taste of justice." The worst jokes imaginable flew from her mouth in an endless stream of groan-worthy humor. Once Acacia finally left the stage, the audience felt they'd aged thirty extra years. One guy was sobbing on the floor.

Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Weapon of choice: "An acacia-wood spear. Not only is it ironic, it's different from my other allies' weapons. Pun-making is easier with a variety." Acacia wasn't considering this at the time, but variety also helps Careers in a practical way.
Skills: "Death is an option, not a necessity." Acacia earned the affectionate nickname of 'the death-defying demon' after surviving multiple battlefield incidents that should've killed her. She's so physically tough, rumors of her history spread across Panem and caused a few protests in the lower districts.
Fatal flaw: "I'm terrible at thinking ahead. Thankfully, Prodigy's the smart one." 'Prodigy' is her district partner, Sam.

Mentor: "Dang, I didn't have one. Wish Moxie was still around." The only victor was Quill of District Three.
Training score: "Ten. I'm more than satisfied." The Gamemakers were impressed by her athleticism, strength, and versatility with weapons. Acacia didn't need to use her brain, so it wasn't a difficult test for her.
Death: "I'll tell you how I died... if you can stomach it." The second games featured a chilly taiga forest based off the northern lands once called Canada. This mild cold felt like nothing to Acacia, who rolled up her sleeves in preparation for the fight. She'd seen the chaos that unfolded at the Cornucopia last year. Panem had taken to calling it the 'bloodbath', and Acacia was prepared to see another.
Her eyes landed on an acacia-wood spear not far from her pedestal, and a smile softened her scarred face. As the gong rang out, Acacia made a dash for her spear, but a punk reached it first. He cracked some joke about women's fighting prowess as he attacked.
Acacia nimbly sidestepped, then grabbed the spear by its shaft. A gentle tug was all it took to free the weapon from this delinquent's sweaty grip.
"What was that? Sorry, my hearing isn't that sharp." With that horrible pun, she thrust the spear into his heart and moved on.
A scream pierced the air. Acacia spun around to see the wounded District Four boy crawling away from the Threes, Siria and Cypher.
"Stop! It's me! We're allies, remember?" Tyko sobbed as a merciless Cypher pinned him down. "You don't have to do this."
Disgusted by this betrayal, Acacia decided these cowards would be her next targets and rushed towards the crime scene. This wasn't right. Without hesitation, she sent her spear flying towards Cypher, who ducked under it and tightened his grip on his treason victim. Tyko locked eyes with Acacia, but his pained expression glazed over as Siria cut his throat. Frustration surged through the Career at her failure to save the child from such an awful fate, but she pushed down her emotions and kept running.
Siria stumbled back from the body, staring at her bloodied hands as if in a trance, but Cypher saw the Careers approaching and ran without any thought of helping his partner. So that one was the worse traitor. As Sam reached the scene and decapitated Siria in one swift blow, Acacia retrieved her spear from where it fell, then threw it at the cowardly Cypher's retreating back.

"I didn't have to do that, either," Acacia shouted over to him as he collapsed. "You left your back exposed when you were busy stabbing someone else's."

As she retrieved her spear from Cypher's body, another tribute jumped her from behind. It didn't take much effort for Acacia to knock her assailant out with a punch to the temple. Talia from the impoverished District Twelve must've seen an opportunity to eliminate one of her strongest opponents, and went all-out despite the strength differential between them. Her courage was respectable, even if the attempt did fail. Acacia cleaned her weapon in the grass and then raised it once more.
The cannon fired, and Acacia regrouped with her allies as they dealt with the last stragglers. They immediately began vetoing ideas in regards to setting up camp. Prince hated the northern hills' terrain, Genesis argued the western woods looked too cold, and Sam refused to set foot in the eastern prairies after glimpsing the tail of a massive snake-mutt in that direction. After everyone shared their opinions, Acacia led them to the only non-hated location: the southern forest, where the weather was a little milder.
Acacia and Genesis set up the firepit and pitched the ladies' tent in record time. Satisfied with their work, Acacia decided to take a walk. Hopefully she'd run into a tribute or two. She had no idea at the time, but she'd become the first example of why Careers should never venture anywhere alone.

Deep in the woods, something lunged out at Acacia. She reacted fast and speared her attacker through the chest, sending it thrashing to the forest floor. It was a large feline, resembling a puma with flowing hair and knifelike claws, and it wasn't alone. Three pairs of yellow eyes stared out from the undergrowth. Without hesitation, Acacia turned and ran, but soon became cornered against a cliff face. Nowhere left to run. Gritting her teeth, she drew her spear and prepared to make her last stand. The monsters prowled around her, purring, toying with their trapped prey. How disappointing that a soldier's end would be so pathetic.
No. This wasn't the end. Acacia heard voices, the three voices she wanted to hear most - Prince, Sam, and Genesis. Her brothers-in-arms were here, charging into battle by her side. Together, they made short work of the mutts.

"You..." Acacia managed between heavy breaths. "You could have died, you... you idiots... why did you put yourself in danger?"
Although none of her allies answered, she could see the look in their eyes. It was the same camaderie she'd seen back in the barracks of District Two. At that moment, Acacia knew the answer. Because this is what it means to be a Career. We volunteered to fight alongside one another. Now we're a squad, and soldiers protect each other. Something felt warm and fuzzy in her chest.
"I happen to enjoy being an idiot," Sam laughed, breaking the silence. "Now, let's get back to camp!"

The next morning, Acacia woke to a surprising development. Genesis wanted to talk about... boys? Once Acacia's confusion wore off, she ruthlessly teased her friend about the 'handsome Prince' she seemed to fancy. Genesis, flustered, denied it as her pale face grew redder and redder. When Sam finally woke up, Acacia decided to stop torturing Genesis and head out on a hunting trip.
"Enjoy your alone time with Prince. You should tell him your secret," Acacia whispered into Genesis's ear before leaving camp.
She and Sam journeyed through the forest, searching for tributes to take out. The temperature dropped sharply throughout their walk. After the duo crossed a frozen river, they spotted two tributes loafing among the trees - Khali and Ashley of District Five.
As Acacia and Sam approached the startled tributes, the first winds of a blizzard swept through the trees. The entire forest turned into a swirling world of white. Sam flailed his sword at the nearest moving figure, and a cannon fired, but Acacia couldn't see anything. They had to leave now, before the storm buried them alive in the snow.

The moment Acacia and Sam returned to camp, they dove into the nearest tent to huddle for warmth. Prince was already inside, and he stared at them with a perplexed expression, then seemed to understand. He zipped up the tent opening and sat by it protectively. No longer tortured by freezing winds, Acacia mouthed a silent 'thank you' despite chattering teeth.
But one of them was missing.
"Genesis... she can't be out alone," Acacia managed, slow and slurred. "Where is she, Prince?"
Prince explained she'd run off flustered. With a jolt of horror, Acacia dragged herself to her feet. "We need to find her!" This time, her voice carried firmness General Alma would've been proud of. "You all put yourself in danger to save me. Now it's my turn."
Braving the wind and cold, Acacia ventured out into the blizzard. Her allies fell in behind her. As the point-woman, Acacia would repay their earlier kindness by acting as their shield now. "To the Cornucopia," she called out, "it's the only other shelter out here!"
As they reached the central clearing, Acacia spotted Genesis curled up beside the Cornucopia, cold and still. Heart pounding, she raced forward and gathered the smaller girl into her arms. "Genesis, wake up. Hey. Don't give me the cold shoulder."
Against all odds, Genesis's eyes fluttered open. "I'm sorry..."
"Oh, I'll lecture you about it later." Acacia laughed in relief, then broke into a run towards the safety of camp.

Once they'd all made it home safely, an evil grin spread across Acacia's face. She launched into the most torturous lecture she could fathom, longer than a District One university essay, louder than the storm still raging outside. Her worst, most infernal puns were included as an extra treat. All her allies were groaning in agony by the time she'd finished.
"... So yeah, wisen up. Because I care."
After the horrifying lecture, the tension between Prince and Genesis seemed to fade a little. They'd united through the shared experience of pun torture. Now the alliance returned to talking and laughing, cracking jokes about unbeatable District Three gamers as the storm died away. They decided to all sleep in the same tent that night. The time for barriers was past.

Come morning, Acacia woke to a piercing hiss. Only those mutant pumas from the first night could produce such a feral sound. She was on her feet in seconds, racing out of the tent, spear in hand.
"Get your weapons! You've got to be kitten me."
The Careers stood back-to-back and waited. Without warning, pumas sprang from the bushes on all sides. This would be a long fight.
Once the battle was over, Acacia's gaze swept numbly over the ruins of camp. Prince lay motionless beside the remains of the tent, a painful reminder of the camaderie they'd shared last night. All that remained of Genesis was a blood trail leading into the woods. Following the trail, they found Genesis's body at the edge of the trees, her throat slit. The mutts hadn't killed her; this was the work of another tribute. Their enemy even had the audacity to leave them a message:
Watch out. I'm coming for you two.
"I will have their head mounted on my spear by nightfall," she muttered. "This time, I'm not joking."
Acacia brought Genesis's body back to camp, where she and Sam said their final goodbyes to their two fallen friends.

At the feast, the duo waited in the bushes for another tribute to arrive. With only two non-Careers left in the arena, Acacia deemed it wise to patiently wait for one of them to make the first move - the first mistake. And that was exactly what happened. A small blur leapt down from the trees above, lashed out blindly and fled. Acacia checked Sam for injuries and upon finding none, assured him she'd be right back. He remained crouched in the bracken as Acacia pursued his assailant into the prairies.
Acacia found Ryetta from District Nine cowering in the grass, frozen in terror under a massive snake-mutt's glare. First things first. Without hesitation, the Career ripped the axe from the smaller tribute's hands and swung at the mutt. It hissed in indignant rage, baring its fangs in preparation to strike, but Acacia never gave it the chance. The foul beast's severed head fell with a dull thud, followed by the rest of its lifeless body.
At her feet, a now-weaponless Ryetta winced in pain, purplish veins spreading from the bite mark on her arm. She was in no shape to either run or fight, not that she had a choice anymore. Her lips parted as if to speak, but Acacia couldn't understand the words.

"I know," Acacia muttered. The sympathy wrenching her heart flashed across her face, briefly, as she raised her borrowed axe.

"Acacia!" A piercing call echoed through the forest. "I have your precious little prodigy. You have a minute to get here before I stab him!"
Heart pounding with horror, Acacia ran faster than ever before. She arrived at the Cornucopia to see Khali holding a poison dart to Sam's neck. Acacia sank to her knees, trying to appeal to any humanity in the District Five girl. "Let him go. Kill me instead."
"Too late," Khali said with a taunting smile, then plunged the dart into Sam's neck.
An inhuman shout escaped Acacia as she lunged forward, attacking with reckless abandon. Anger clouded her judgement and turned her vision into a blazing field of crimson. Soon the spear left her hands, wrenched away by Khali.

"I'll see you in hell, murderer," Khali hissed and plunged the blade into Acacia's stomach. Now this was just rude.
"Race you there!" Acacia laughed in her face, then turned to Sam. "Love you, buddy. Get that punk for me."

Thankfully, Acacia's anger had cooled by the time she arrived in the afterlife. She'd never understood such strong emotions before that moment. Although she was horrified when Sam showed up instead of Khali, he didn't seem that upset about dying - mostly about letting that rude murderer get away with her crimes. Oh well, it wouldn't be forever. One day they'd see Khali again.
Nowadays, Acacia and her allies spend their time posing interesting challenges to other dead tributes. They've even challenged the very "unbeatable District Three gamers" they joked about in life. Sadly for the Careers' pride, those gamers live up to their reputation...

Acacia's Relationships
Alliance: | ◆ allies | ◈ neither allies nor enemies | ◇ enemies | ❖ betrayed
Feelings: | ♡ romantic | ✿ very positive | ✓ positive | ▣ neutral | ✘ negative

The 2nd Hunger Games

【 D1 ◆ ✓ 】 Prince: A reliable and trustworthy ally. Acacia is glad to fight beside her brother-in-arms.
【 D2 ◆ ♡ 】 Sam: Acacia always felt fiercely protective of her adorable district partner, and intended on letting him win.
【 D4 ◆ ✿ 】 Genesis: She was passionate and eccentric, just like Acacia herself. The two became like best friends.
【 D5 ◈ ▣ 】 Ashley: Acacia has nothing against this kid. It's not his fault the reaping bowl chose his name.
【 D5 ◇ ✘ 】 Khali: She made Acacia and Sam suffer on purpose, which was incredibly rude.

Other

【 ✓ 】 Alma: General Alma was Acacia's role model during her time in District Two's army.
【 ✘ 】 Aspen: Acacia's mother. To be frank, they can't stand each other.
【 ✿ 】 Alder: Acacia loves her little brother, even though he isn't so little anymore. He's literally 6'2".
【 ✓ 】 Lily: District Two's first-ever victor. Acacia is a big fan of her.
【 ✓ 】 Almond: Lily's sweet and awkward husband. Yes, Acacia did a little haunting from beyong the grave...
【 ✓ 】 Sylaise: Lily and Almond's triplets are so cute!
【 ✓ 】 Dirk: Acacia can't wait until they're old enough to fight. She plans to visit them in their dreams.
【 ✓ 】 Andruil: Of course, she doesn't have a favorite. All three of them are equally adorable.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Ashley Kailen

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:12 pm

-ImageImage----
Ashley Kailen
the motormouth
Tribute of the 2nd Hunger Games

Full name: "I'm Ashley Kailen, nice to meet you!"
Sexuality: "I'm straight-ish, can't say for sure."
District: "District Five! We're the smartest district, so I guess District Three is second smartest."
Age: "I know I look like a rugged thirty-year-old, but I'm only twelve."

Voice type: Mezzo-soprano
Appearance: Ashley stands at 4'11", but he looks a tad taller thanks to his lanky figure. He's pretty much all legs. A bird's nest of curly dark hair sits atop his head, and light freckles dot his tanned skin. His eyes are a brilliant hazel.
Personality: "So I love to talk, right? Get me started on something and I can blab on and on for hours! I know that sounds annoying, but trust me, it's actually my strategy for the Hunger Games. All the kid-hating traitors will stay far away from me because I bug them too much. Only the nicest people will have it in them to put up with me, so I'll end up with an alliance that I can actually trust! Aren't I a genius?" Ashley is a huge extrovert, always in the mood to talk endlessly. He seems to have no filter and just blurts out whatever.
Crush: "So there's this cute Career girl, Erin. She's like my best friend! But I have a giant crush on her, and I don't know how to tell her. It's like the words evaporate right out of my mouth. Help me!" Ashley has a crush on Erin from the 17th Games.

Alliance: "I teamed with my district partner Khali. Super nice when you get to know her."
Reaped or volunteered: "Reaped. I was waiting for someone to volunteer, but then I remembered we're not a Career district. Those stopped at Four... oh, and District Three was skipped too. What's with that? Do they not want the smart people on their team?"
Parade outfit: "It was weird!" Like Khali, Ashley was a giant solar panel to symbolize clean energy.
Interview angle: "Loud, I'll tell you that. I just couldn't shut up! To be honest, I think it was the nerves." Ashley talked about the Hunger Games, his life back home, and all the gadgets he'd invent if he survived this thing.

Alignment: True neutral
Weapon of choice: "A slingshot. I used to fling spitballs at bullies in the cafeteria, so I've got a lot of experience."
Skills: "You'll never beat me at video games!" His hand-eye coordination is great when it comes to games, and he's also knowledgeable about technology in general. He calls himself an honorary District Three.
Fatal flaw: "Nothing! I'm really tough, I can do three push-ups in a row. Can you?" The only reason Ashley can even do push-ups is because he's light as a feather. Also, his fatal flaw is his lack of athletic skill in general. He's super weak and out-of-shape.

Mentor: "None, which is good. It could've been Quill!"
Training score: "Don't even ask." Ashley scored a two. All he did was irritate the Gamemakers with his cinematic narration of the performance, which was just him using a slingshot on the same dummy from ten different angles.
Death: "Nooooo!" As Ashley stared at the Canadian forest, mesmerized by the beautiful landscape, he failed to realize the bloodbath had already begun. The terrifying eighteen-year-olds from District Six targeted the distracted boy at once. Ashley screamed in horror and tried to run, but one of his assailants hit him in the leg with her axe. He would've become one of the first deaths of the Hunger Games if it wasn't for Khali. Pushing the attacking tributes aside like they were nothing, she lunged for Ashley and grabbed him like a football. The world became a blur as Khali fled the Cornucopia with her district partner in tow.
After what seemed like forever, Khali set Ashley down beside an outcrop of boulders. This would shelter them from any opportunistic tributes prowling the woods. As Khali began to treat the wound on his leg, he decided to distract himself with a conversation. The river nearby would drown out his voice from unwanted listeners.
"You know, I've never seen a cow before. How dangerous would you say they are? I'd ask someone from District Ten, but it seems dangerous to talk to strangers right now."
Khali just laughed and made a shushing noise. Ashley grinned weakly at her, but it turned into a wince as a chilly wind swept through the forest. For a moment, Khali looked at him in concern, then shifted so she sat between him and the wind.
"Thanks, Khali!" He beamed at her. Despite her intimidating demeanor in training, she'd turned out to have a good heart. Ashley decided to shut up and stay quiet for once as she finished dressing his wound.

The next morning, Ashley woke to a tap on the shoulder. He opened his eyes to see a bloody and unkempt Khali smiling down at him.
"Don't worry, District Six won't be bothering you anymore. How's your leg?"
"Fine, you... you beat both of them?" Ashley wasn't surprised that Khali was capable of killing, moreso that she'd taken down both the axe-wielding young woman and her giant of a district partner. He knew she was strong, but holy macaroni.
Khali dropped something on the ground. With great effort, Ashley managed to sit up and examine what she'd brought. It was unmistakably two tribute tokens, decorative chains in the signature style of District Six street jewelry. Many children would've reacted in horror at the proof that their friend killed two people, but Ashley just felt relief. Khali was the best type of friend to have here in the Hunger Games. He wrapped his arms around his district partner's legs, the closest thing to a hug he could manage with his injury.

The air grew colder throughout the day. Khali wrapped her coat around Ashley, then started jogging to keep herself warm. An odd protectiveness stirred in Ashley's heart as he watched his district partner suffer for his sake. This wasn't right.
Despite his injured leg, Ashley forced himself to his feet, determined to return Khali's coat to her at all costs. He noticed tributes moving on the other side of the river but opted to ignore it. Only an idiot would wade through a rushing stream in this weather, so whoever was there wouldn't be bothering District Five for quite some time.
By the time he reached Khali, Ashley felt like the exertion had set him on fire. He practically threw her coat back on her shoulders. Khali laughed at him, but the moment was short-lived - the pair from District Two approached them head-on. They'd crossed the river not by wading, but by simply walking across. Ashley's heart sank at the realization that he could've warned Khali earlier.

"Careers," Khali hissed with pure hatred in her voice. Before she could even draw her sword, the blizzard hit without warning, bringing a torrent of blinding snow. Ashley couldn't see anything but three vaguely human-shaped blurs. He stumbled through a world of white, desperate to reach the smallest of the three - it must be Khali, right?
The flash of a sword blade told Ashley he was wrong. It was the last mistake he made.

Ashley woke and screamed in horror - last year's District One tributes stood before him.
"Careers!"
"Sincerest apologies," Gabriel murmured. "We merely wished to welcome you. Although, may I ask what a 'Career' is?"
No longer frightened in the least, Ashley's eyes lit up with glee. The best way to his heart was to ask him to explain something. Without any hesitation, he launched into a massive lecture about what had happened after the 1st Games, from the old president's assassination to the establishment of the Career Academies. Gabriel just stared at him in surprise and horror the whole time.
"... And I heard they illegally transported a District Three engineering intern to help them build the Academies," Ashley finished. "But that's just a rumor. I didn't tell anyone while I was alive because I might get 'silenced', but now I can say whatever I want!"
He didn't even need to stop for breath anymore. Oh, he was really never going to shut up now.

Ashley's Relationships

The 2nd Hunger Games

【 D1 ◈ ▣ 】 Prince: Ashley never met this guy and has nothing against him.
【 D2 ◇ ✓ 】 Sam: Despite being Ashley's killer, Sam isn't a bad guy. He's actually super nice.
【 D2 ◇ ✘ 】 Acacia: Her puns are so torturous, Ashley is terrified of her. He hides whenever he sees her face.
【 D4 ◈ ▣ 】 Genesis: No problem with her. Ashley only 'hated all Careers' for like, ten seconds before he chilled out.
【 D5 ◆ ✿ 】 Khali: Ashley will never forget how Khali defended him, even though she's changed as a person now.

Other

【 ✓ 】 Amber: The rumor was true. That intern even won the Hunger Games as a 'District One' tribute!
【 ✘ 】 Todd: A bully back in District Five who'd beat Ashley up. Now that he's dead too, Ashley avoids him.
【 ♡ 】 Erin: Ashley has a huge crush on her but always makes a fool of himself.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Extras: 2nd Games

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:49 pm

Extras - 2nd Hunger Games

Full name: Prince Channing (played by BriocheTheCat in 2014)
District: 1
Appearance: 5'11", handsome, dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes, award-winning smile
Personality: Talkative, egotistical, self-absorbed, loyal
Crush: Genesis
Alliance: Careers - Acacia, Sam, Genesis
Weapon of choice: Mace
Training score: 10
Death: One morning, Prince and his fellow Careers woke to a sinister hiss. It was the cougar mutts that'd attacked them a few days prior. The Careers rushed out to defend themselves against the intruders, but Prince was killed in the ensuing carnage.

Full name: Genesis Cry (played by +30mg in 2014)
District: 4
Appearance: 5'4", thin, light blonde hair, blue-grey eyes
Personality: Eccentric, unpredictable, suspicious
Crush: Prince
Alliance: Careers - Acacia, Sam, Prince
Weapon of choice: Knives
Training score: 9
Death: After a mutt attack devastated the Career alliance, Genesis was distraught to find Prince's motionless body among the rubble. Her distraction came at the price of her life. Khali of District Five knocked out the already-injured girl and dragged her into the woods, where she brutally murdered her with a knife. A message was left on her body to threaten the surviving Careers.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Aspen Auyong

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:56 pm

ImageImage----
Aspen Auyong
Acacia & Alder's Mother

Full name: "Aspen Auyong."
Sexuality: "It doesn't matter. You would never hold my interest."
Role: "I was headmistress of District Two's Academy until Icarus killed me. He thinks he can run things now." Aspen used to be a commander in the District Two military. Once the uprising was over, she established herself as the headmistress of the new Academy. All Career students suffered under her tyrannical reign. After Icarus took her down, the Academy had a "retirement party" and she wasn't invited.

Voice type: Alto
Appearance: Aspen is 5'10" and often wears heeled combat boots to make herself even taller. She always stands high and mighty, looking down at the world from the bridge of her nose. Her cold and fake smiles never reach her russet-brown eyes. She has an olive complexion and thick, dark hair that falls in waves over her shoulders.
Personality: "I am a woman of justice." That's a lie. Aspen is vindictive and unforgiving towards anyone who mildly offends her, going to great lengths to wreak disproportionate revenge upon them. That's her definition of 'justice'. She claims she overworks her Career students out of a selfless desire to prepare them for the harsh reality of the Games, but in truth she just wants to take out her resentment at her children's deaths. It's impossible to reason with her because she thinks her past justifies her evildoings.
Partner: "None. I have no time for that frivolous nonsense." Aspen saw her husband as a free babysitter. She had him raise the kids, then left him once Acacia and Alder were old enough to stay home alone without him.

Alignment: Neutral evil
Weapon of choice: "A spear, the superior weapon."
Skills: "I am above boasting." She's skilled in all things combat, from actually fighting to military strategy. Just basic, stereotypical District Two warlord things... and maybe a little still-life sketching here and there. It keeps her dexterity sharp.
Fatal flaw: "I have none." Her cruelty. Ever since both her children died in the Hunger Games, she's used it as an excuse to treat students like trash. One of these students was Icarus. After he graduated and won the Hunger Games, he attempted to guide her onto a better path, but Aspen stubbornly refused to take advice from a former student. He was completely beneath her and always would be.
Aspen continued to overwork and bully her students until one of them, Bernadette, admitted to her mentor Icarus that she'd volunteered because Headmistress Aspen had injured the first-place student Alby in an unfair sparring match. Bernadette was next in line and stepped up without hesitation. After Bernadette died in the Hunger Games, something snapped in Icarus - her death was partially Headmistress Aspen's fault.
Icarus marched into Aspen's office and demanded a public duel to the death. She agreed with a smirk, confident she'd crush this insolent boy, but age had caught up to her. Icarus struck down the tyrant headmistress in front of all the students she'd terrorized. The crowd expected Aspen to respond with disbelief and rage, but she didn't. As her final moments ticked by, she looked up at her former student and gave him an approving smile - a true smile.
"You did it, young man."

Aspen's Relationships

【 ✘ 】 Acacia: Aspen was devastated at her daughter's death, but then grew to blame Acacia herself.
【 ▣ 】 Alder: Aspen's emotions were already numb by the time her son died. She doesn't care.
【 ✓ 】 Icarus: The only one to defeat her in combat. Aspen is proud of him.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ 3rd Hunger Games

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:03 pm

The 3rd Games featured a wide-open African savannah. At the heart of the arena, rising above the fields, loomed a rocky plateau atop which sat the Cornucopia. Savannahs extended around the plateau in all directions, in certain areas giving way to desert or scrubby brushland. Dark clouds shrouded the arena in what felt like perpetual night. The sun never rose on this forsaken land.
Sickly jackal mutts with discolored fur prowled the arena. Their numerous diseases made them irritable, prone to lashing out in fits of fever-induced desperation. A nick from their claws would amplify whatever minor illness or pain a tribute was already in.

Tributes
Alder Auyong • career • D2 • male • 18
Seth Bryant • tribute • D8 • male • 13
Valerie Hill • tribute • D10 • female • 16
Extras • Giselbert and Georgina

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Alder Auyong

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:38 pm

-ImageImage----
Alder Auyong
the avenger
Career of the 3rd Hunger Games

Full name: "I'm Alder Auyong."
Gender: "Male. No, it's fine. I've been told I look like my sister."
Sexuality: "No idea." He is bisexual.
District: "District Two."

Voice type: Baritone
Appearance: Alder looks just like his sister. Same olive skin, same russet-brown eyes, same straight black hair. His hair is short and messy, spiking up in every direction. He shares Acacia's broad-shouldered, athletic build, but he's a little taller than her at 6'2". Even their voices sound similar. When Acacia was still alive, she and Alder were often mistaken for each other over the phone.
Personality: "Just don't mess with my loved ones and I'll leave you alone." Alder is a ruthless warrior who fears nothing on the battlefield. He tries to remain calm and disciplined like his sister, but sometimes his fiery temper blinds his judgement. With his allies, he is much more tolerant thanks to his strong sense of loyalty. He would never raise a finger against them - the worst he'll do is sulk grumpily in the corner. Despite his harsh exterior, Alder can show moments of surprising compassion, even to those outside his alliance.
Partner: "Amber and I are in a long-distance relationship. She won the Hunger Games, you see, so she's alive while I'm not."

Alliance: "I'm a Career, always will be." In the 3rd Hunger Games, deserters were already dwindling in number. Only one, the boy from District Four, never showed interest to join the alliance. The other five Careers remained loyal and united the whole time. Alder and Amber led the alliance, each using their strengths to guide their team to victory.
Reaped or volunteered: "Volunteered. Had to beat all the guys in my class for the right."
Parade outfit: "Some Peacekeeper outfit." Alder wore a stylized version of a Peacekeeper's outfit to represent his district's law enforcement connections. It combined the uniform's original design with a more medieval look, and the final outfit ended up resembling armor. They gave him a helmet but told him not to wear it, rather to hold it under his arm.
Interview angle: "Violent and bloodthirsty. It was a little exaggerated." Alder decided to play up his ruthless, angry side to give the Capitol a 'villain' to hate. He figured it would help his allies win. They'd look a lot nicer than him after all.

Alignment: Lawful evil
Weapon of choice: "Spear, just like Acacia. I also do fine with a sword."
Fatal flaw: "Anger problems." Alder can't think clearly when he's angry. Even when he's calm, he has a tendency to fight recklessly, charging into battle against mutts or an entire horde of foes. It's like he doesn't value his own life much.

Mentor: "None, thanks to Khali." Both District Two tributes made it to the final three last year, including Alder's sister Acacia. Khali McKellen of District Five used dirty tricks to strike them both down.
Training score: "Ten." Gamemakers were impressed by his strength and weaponry skills.
Death: "I have no regrets." Alder's pedestal rose into a dark wasteland. As the countdown began, he squinted into the darkness, russet eyes following the rough contour of the hill leading up to the Cornucopia. This plateau seemed to be the only feature in this barren landscape. Parched, flat land extended in every direction away from the hill, giving other tributes no hope of shelter or sustenance. Alder honestly pitied them for what was to come. It would be best for even non-Careers to throw themselves into the bloodbath fight - they'd either receive a swift end or escape with supplies to survive in this lifeless place.
The gong rang out, and at once Alder dashed for the hill. He scaled it with ease, height and training giving him an advantage. At the top he found something that shocked him - an acacia-wood spear, identical to the one his sister used in the previous games. His brows furrowed in a dark expression as he held it in his hands. Were the Gamemakers mocking his loss?
Alder's moment of confusion was short-lived. The other tributes had arrived at the Cornucopia and were now battling it out for the spoils. He joined the other Careers and they quickly cleared out the plateau, eliminating any tributes still around. Several lost their lives at Alder's own hands and their cannons fired before they even struck the ground.

The Careers made camp in the Cornucopia. As they sorted through their supplies, Amber ventured out to test out a whip she'd found. Alder had just finished assessing their water supply when a scream echoed through the Cornucopia. He took his spear and rushed out, only to see Amber on the defensive against a pack of jackals. Pale and sickly, they lurched forward, red eyes bright with desperation.
Alder and the other Careers rushed to their ally's defense at once. Once the cavalry had arrived, the mutts stood no chance, felled by the spear, the axe, the knives and the arrows. As the fight drew to a close, Alder let an exhausted Amber lean on him as Leah checked her for injuries. Sure enough, one of the diseased jackals had nicked her ankle with a claw. Muttering curses under his breath, Alder carried Amber to bed. He and his district partner Leah set a fire and kept watch that night, huddling by the light of the flames.

Hours passed, but morning light never came. The darkness shrouding the wasteland persisted even as Amber, Georgina and Giselbert woke from their slumber. Gathering by the fire, the five Careers decided to reaffirm their loyalties to bring some light into this hopeless place, a little act of rebellion. The Hunger Games carried an inherent message of "kill or be killed", yet the Careers pledged not to harm each other until only their alliance remained. Only then would they shake hands and have one final battle.
One by one, the allies made this promise, calling back the kinship and loyalty kindled two years prior - when Letitia volunteered selflessly for the very first Hunger Games. A memory stirred deep in Alder's soul. The darkness that withered his heart when his sister's cannon fired last year, it was finally starting to lift, melted away by the warmth of his allies' company.

"I swear to forever uphold this promise," Alder murmured, quiet but determined, "to defend my fellow Careers and fight by their side. I vow this on my life, my honor, and... and I vow this on the memory of Acacia who walked this path before me."
After a year of unspeakable anguish, he could finally say her name aloud. He could finally accept what happened and let her go. It was like a burden had been lifted from his shoulders, and even the dark clouds looming above no longer seemed so smothering.

The next morning, Alder woke to find Amber missing. He scrambled around in the darkness for his spear and, upon retrieving it, asked his allies where she'd gone. Leah pointed him in the direction of the brushlands. Muttering a quick thank you, Alder rushed out to find her.
When he spotted Amber approaching him with a bundle of freshly-killed prey, his first reaction was a sigh of relief. It soon turned to horror as he saw the thing stalking her. The beast resembled one of the diseased jackals from before, but this one was the size of a grizzly bear. This just set off Alder's already-volatile temper. Charging at the beast, Alder lunged with all the rage of a rabid wolverine as the crimson haze of anger blinded his vision. By the time it cleared, the mutt was motionless on the ground.
As they journeyed back to camp, Amber confessed something to him.
"I'm a leader, I'm supposed to be able to control everything. Ever since I entered the games, I cannot control anything. I can't control who dies or who lives. I can't control my feelings for you-"
Alder looked at Amber for a moment, then leaned in to plant a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You don't have to."

Tomorrow brought another day of unending darkness, but rain began to pour down, transforming the ground into a muddy mess. It was the first time anything had changed in this barren landscape. Alder, of course, took advantage and proposed a mud fight.
After the riot in the mud, the Careers cleaned themselves off - but then a cannon rang out. Alder rushed out of the Cornucopia to see Georgina's body with an arrow protruding from her chest. Someone had shot her from a distance with terrifying aim.
As the angry Careers made plans to take down their newest enemy, Amber collapsed to the ground in pain from some unknown ailment. Horrified and confused, Alder knelt beside her as the other Careers watched with worry. At that very moment, an announcement blared overhead, something about a feast in the northern desert with medicine to cure any ailment. Incredibly suspicious timing.
Despite Amber's protests, Alder knew he needed to get her that medicine. He asked Leah and Giselle to watch over her in his absence, knowing this would be the final order he gave as a Career leader, and with that he set off for the desert.

It was time to repay his alliance. He always thought that he'd never recall Acacia's memory without unbearable pain, that it would always be his weakness. But thanks to the other Careers' kinship, their support and their love, he could call upon those memories now as his greatest strength. Acacia had never truly left his side. As a Career, he could feel it - her spirit lived on in the alliance.
When he reached the feast table, he raced for Amber's medicine without caring that it might be a trap. His hand had just closed around the syringe when a flare of pain hit his shoulder. Alder looked down in bewilderment to see an arrow sticking out of him, the same type of arrow that had claimed Georgina's life. Another arrow appeared in his leg and another in his chest. As Alder sunk to his knees, he looked up to see Valerie of District Ten snatch a bag from the table and flee, bow in hand. So that was Georgina's killer.
Alder clenched his teeth and stood up, refusing to die until he made it home. Death could wait until he'd accomplished his mission. He'd promised his alliance of his return, Amber's life-saving medicine in hand, and he'd be blade-damned if he went back on his word. Determination blazed deep within him as he broke into a run. For the first time, the arena's still air began to move as violent winds swept across the dark wasteland. But Alder pushed on, cradling the syringe in his hands as if his life depended on it. Amber's did.

Alder returned to camp beneath a clear sky. The winds had swept away the clouds, leaving a pristine night gleaming with stars. Seeing this, he couldn't help but smile as he approached his allies for a final farewell.
"It's been an honor to fight alongside you."
He could feel his final moments approaching, so he rushed to an unconscious Amber's side and gently injected the medicine into her arm. It wasn't too late. She still had time, she could still recover. The thought brought Alder comfort as he lay down by her side, waiting for the determined rhythm of his heart to finally settle into silence. Leah knelt beside him, relief at his return turning to grief and fury as she demanded who'd injured him so terribly. An odd calmness settled over Alder as he told her what happened. As his best friend then promised she'd protect Amber in his absence, he smiled up at her - Leah was no stranger to District Two determination.
The moment Amber awoke, she hurled himself at Alder, pleading for him to stay as sobs wracked her feverish body. He just held onto her until she'd calmed down enough to speak. Amber reassured him that it was okay to let go, that she'd fight in his memory and keep his spirit alive. She clung onto him, murmuring
"I love you" like a mantra, but to Alder it was a lullaby.
The roaring windstorm had calmed to a gentle breeze by now. Through tired eyes, Alder turned to see a light at the horizon. For the first time since they'd arrived in this forsaken arena, the sun was rising, and for the first time he saw Amber in all her beauty. Sunlight glistened off the tears in her eyes, one silver and one gold. It gave him the strength to speak his final words.
"... I love you too."
As the sun's first rays washed over a grateful world, Alder closed his eyes and let the light carry him home.

Alder's Relationships

The 3rd Hunger Games

【 D1 ◆ ✓ 】 Giselbert: A loyal, trustworthy ally, handy with an axe and good at following orders.
【 D1 ◆ ♡ 】 Amber: The love of Alder's life (and afterlife). Since she won the Games, they have a long-distance relationship.
【 D2 ◆ ✿ 】 Leah: Alder's best friend from childhood. They used to daydream of marshmallow mutts and chocolate bushes...
【 D4 ◆ ✓ 】 Georgina: Though Alder and Georgina have little in common, they're still Careers who support each other.
【 D8 ◈ ✘ 】 Seth: Some random, disgusting kid who picked his nose all the time... horrifying.
【 D10 ◇ ▣ 】 Valerie: The Careers' greatest opponent. Alder doesn't hate her though, she just wanted to live.

Other

【 ✿ 】 Acacia: Alder was incredibly close with his older sister. Her calm nature kept him grounded.
【 ✘ 】 Khali: Total jerk who killed Acacia brutally, won the games, and now spreads violent anti-Career propaganda.
【 ✓ 】 Aspen: Alder had a decent relationship with his mother, even though Aspen wasn't the greatest person.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Seth Bryant

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:51 am

-ImageImage---
Seth Bryant
the biohazard
Tribute of the 3rd Hunger Games

Full name: "Seth Bryant, future victor." He's literally dead.
Gender: "A man, duh. I ain't a weak little pansy." He is a boy.
Sexuality: "I only date real females, ones who stay in the kitchen." Translation: He doesn't know the survival skill of cooking.
District: "District Eight, but I'm stronger than anyone from District Two. Especially a female."
Age: "Older than your mom." Seth died in the Hunger Games at thirteen. In the afterlife, he let himself age up to sixteen.

Voice type: Bass
Appearance: The first thing you'll notice is the smell, thick and overpowering like dirty socks soaked in spoilt milk and left to fester. As his filthy mat of dirty blonde hair approaches, almost dripping its volume of grease, run away as fast as you can. Run before his beady sewer-water eyes spot you in their putrid view. If he sees you, his stocky 5'8" frame will come barrelling in your direction like some biohazard mutt. You'll have front row seats to the horrors up close. He has never washed his face in his life; the horrific pockmarks of acne make the craters of the moon look smooth. The moment he opens his mouth, his unnaturally deep voice croaks out like a sickening burp, but this distraction is a blessing in disguise as everything he says is basically excrement.
Personality: "The perfect man." Have you ever wanted a racist, sexist everythingphobe? You're in luck, Seth is the all-purpose bigot who discriminates against anything that moves. He comes with a super-sized ego and an endless variety of nasty comments against everyone even slightly different from himself. Disclaimer: Brain not included.
Crush: "None, females are a waste of time."

Alliance: "I need a female who must be willing to: cook, clean, listen to everything I say, and look pretty 24/7." No one.
Reaped or volunteered: "I volunteered, duh." Seth assumed he could win easily.
Parade outfit: "Badass." He was literally a bundle of freshly harvested wheat.
Interview angle: "Angle your camera up, I'm two heads taller than you." Seth bragged endlessly about what he'd do to the Careers, especially Alder. He saw Alder as his 'competition' that once eliminated, would allow him access to flirt with all the female Careers.

Alignment: Chaotic evil
Weapon of choice: "I could kill you with my bare hands." He sucks at every weapon.
Fatal flaw: "Nothing, especially not females. I'd flirt with them but I'm still in this to win this." Everything is his fatal flaw. He's arrogant, pathetic, stupid, and has no way of defending himself in a fight. But his worst flaw of all would be his bigotry, most notably calling girls and women "pathetic females" all the time. This is what got him killed.

Mentor: "None. I don't need one." There were no victors from District Eight yet.
Training score: "I'm number one." Seth received a score of one, meaning he's one of the most pathetic tributes in history.
Death: "I'm a born winner." As his pedestal rose into the darkness of the arena, Seth smirked. He could pick his nose without anyone seeing him. So that's what he did, and he flicked it in the direction of the nearest Career - obviously they were too weak to confront him about it. Soon the gong rang out, sending the other tributes running. Seth just strolled away at a casual pace. He'd hide out in the brushlands, then come out at night when the Careers ditched this place.
It was impossible to tell what 'day and night' even meant in this eternally dark arena, so Seth just took a nap. The death recap woke him up several hours later. Time to invade, and if the Careers were still there he'd just take them out too. Too bad he didn't have a girlfriend to brag to. Obviously he'd betray her eventually, his life was more important, but he wanted the temporary attention.

As he approached the central plateau, he ran into a female tribute - Valerie of District Ten. She wasn't the prettiest but she'd do. Seth got up in her personal space, smirking down at her condescendingly.
"Hey babe, are you garbage? Because I'll take you out."
Valerie stared at him in disgust and horror. She turned to leave, obviously playing hard to get, so Seth grabbed her by the wrist. He was about to spew some more misogynistic trash when something sliced his arm. As he jolted back from Valerie, he saw the flash of a small blade as she attacked him again. Seth screamed and tried to punch her out, but she easily side-stepped. His own momentum sent him faceplanting into the dirt. Now that he was on the floor, Valerie stabbed him mercilessly until the cannon finally fired.

Seth's Relationships

The 3rd Hunger Games

【 D1 ◈ ✘ 】 Giselbert: A male Career, ew. Seth viewed him and Alder as competition, but Alder is worse.
【 D1 ◈ ✘ 】 Amber: Pretty, but too bossy. Seth is disgusted at the idea of a female leader.
【 D2 ◈ ✘ 】 Alder: Seth saw him as the 'wannabe Alpha male' stealing all the 'pretty females' hearts.
【 D2 ◈ ✘ 】 Leah: In Seth's sexist views, she is the prettiest in the arena but she's 'too strong'.
【 D4 ◈ ✘ 】 Georgina: Seth sees her as just a pretty face, he doesn't respect her at all.
【 D10 ◇ ✘ 】 Valerie: His pick-up lines were answered with about fifty stab wounds to the back.

Other

【 ✓ 】 Darius: Seth's cousin who grew up to be just as sexist, annoying, and stupid.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Valerie Hill

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:05 pm

-ImageImage----
Valerie Hill
the realist
Tribute of the 3rd Hunger Games

Full name: "I'm Valerie Hill. My parents chose a name that means 'strong and valiant' - high expectations, huh?"
Sexuality: "Honestly, I have no idea. I just write 'questioning' if I have the option."
District: "I come from District Ten, but I always loved to imagine what other districts were like."
Age: "I died at sixteen and felt comfortable staying that way."

Voice type: Mezzo-soprano
Appearance: Valerie stands at 5'8" with a thin, scrawny build and little curves. Her diet back in District Ten was barely adequate for a growing farm girl. Still, her tousled curls of dark brown hair remain bold and healthy, little ringlets wreathing her soft face. She has grey-green eyes that seem dull, but shine with joy and warmth when she's around her loved ones.
Personality: "I was just like every other tribute, fighting to survive." Valerie understands her strengths and weaknesses, taking caution not to push too far beyond her limits. The almost inhuman determination of a Career is not hers to claim. As a solo tribute with sub-par athleticism and average strength at best, Valerie had a distinct disadvantage in the arena, so she resorted to pick off her competition from afar. She harboured no hatred towards her enemies, she just wanted to return home.
Wary and shrewd as she is, Valerie is a loyal friend. That's why she chose not to form an alliance. The nature of the Games - "kill or be killed" - means their friendship would be destined to end in tragedy. Valerie is not emotionless, even enemies' deaths affect her deeply. She wouldn't be able to handle saying goodbye to a friend. However, now that she's in the afterlife, she'll befriend anyone.

Crush: "I... I admire Leah a lot."

Alliance: "I worked alone. Forming an alliance is so much more dangerous for non-Careers. You use more resources than you find, you could get betrayed or separated, and even one ally makes it harder to hide." There's one other reason: she doesn't want to say goodbye.
Reaped or volunteered: "I was reaped. The whole time, I just felt numb."
Parade outfit: "Umm..." Valerie wore a ridiculous cowprint dress that flared out in a massive hoop skirt. The stylists wanted to compensate for her thin frame, but they went a little overboard. Her district partner almost got pushed out of the chariot!
Interview angle: "It was very awkward, but I tried my best." Valerie almost fainted with horror when she saw the sea of expectant, smiling Capitol faces. Thankfully, the interviewer comforted her a little and asked easy questions about her life back home. She just answered honestly and tried to curb the urge to run offstage in a panic.

Alignment: True neutral
Weapon of choice: "Anything ranged, I find it's too dangerous and stressful to fight up close. I can't function when someone's sword is in my face." Valerie discovered she had a secret talent for both archery and knife-throwing. It even helped her defeat Careers.
Fatal flaw: "I'm not that tough and I won't pretend to be. If another tribute gets too close, I'm dead."

Mentor: "Oh, a mentor? I didn't have one."
Training score: "Three... the ideal score. It's below average so others will ignore me as a threat, but not so low that I'll be targeted by vultures in the bloodbath." In her private training session, Valerie didn't show the Gamemakers her newfound weaponry skills. Achieving a decent score would just paint an unwanted target on her back. So instead, she sorted edible plants - smart but boring.
Death: "The Careers were surprisingly kind to me considering the circumstances." Valerie's heart pounded as her pedestal rose into the arena, a dark and barren wasteland. The clouds overhead stood still - no winds were blowing, not even a breeze to cool her down. All around the Cornucopia hill, flat and dead land sprawled outwards for miles. No shelter, no resources, no hope.
In terms of supplies, the Cornucopia's bounty would be her only salvation. As the gong rang, Valerie rushed up the hill with swift and quiet steps. She was able to steal a backpack and silver bow before Giselbert of District One spotted her. Valerie narrowly dodged the axe that flew in her direction, and before he could throw another, she fled down the hill into the endless night.

Hours later, she circled back to the Cornucopia to take any supplies the other tributes overlooked. As she drew near, she heard the telltale snarling and shouting of a mutts-against-Careers standoff. Valerie crept closer and hid behind a skeletal bush to watch the fight. She could shoot down the distracted Careers from this distance, and the ones who survived would quickly fall to the mutts, bringing her several steps closer to returning home. As she nocked an arrow and aimed at Giselbert's head, her hands began to shake uncontrollably with the crushing realization that a human life was about to end at their whim.
You have to do this, Valerie... you have to get home, she told herself.
Useless. At the last moment, Valerie aimed downwards and let the arrow fly. It pierced one of the mutts through the heart instead and she flinched as it keeled over, landing with a barely audible thud amplified a thousandfold in her guilt-ridden mind. If killing a mindless mutt hurt this much, Valerie was glad she hadn't killed a human being tonight. She knew the Careers would discover the arrow later, so she stashed the bow-and-arrows inside the bush to ensure they couldn't trace it back to her. At least there were knives in her backpack.

Valerie crept away from the plateau, journeying deeper into the scrubland with one of her knives hidden in a sleeve. She was unlucky enough to bump into another tribute almost immediately. It was Seth, the sexist lowlife from District Eight. He appeared to be unarmed, but some irrational bravado drove him to get in Valerie's face anyway.
"Hey babe, are you garbage? Because I'll take you out."
Considering this was the Hunger Games, his words could easily be interpreted as a threat. Valerie decided it was safest to quietly remove herself from the situation before it escalated. As she turned to leave, she felt a painful grip close around her wrist, restraining her like a handcuff. Panic and horror took over and she lashed out, slicing Seth's arm with her blade. He jerked away - still too close - and she slashed at him again. An outraged scream escaped Seth and he drew back to throw a punch. Valerie dodged to the side, but she felt the whoosh of air sail past her face from the sheer force of his blow. It was his own downfall - the momentum sent him falling over.
Still in a blind panic, all Valerie could think was
Don't get up. Don't get up ever again! as she struck at him over and over. She didn't stop even when the cannon fired. Only when the panic and adrenaline wore off did she realize what she'd done. The knife dropped from her shaking hands as Valerie stumbled back, sobbing in horror and revulsion, finally understanding what it was like to take another's life.

Valerie slept fitfully that night. Morning never came; she woke to the same unchanging, dark sky, clouds heavy as her heart. Days passed as she wandered the wasteland, a colorless and grim sight with no sign of change, as if the arena was paralyzed by some malevolent force. Valerie couldn't bear this living state of limbo anymore. She was already a killer; it was time to go after the Careers.
She made it back to the Cornucopia by the following day, although the darkness still persisted, making it impossible to pinpoint what time it was. Valerie crouched behind the familiar skeletal bush and was pleasantly surprised to find her bow intact. As she waited, rain began to fall - the first sign of life from the motionless skies. The Careers exited the Cornucopia and started to pelt each other with mud. As Valerie watched five trained killers play like children, her heart sank with the painful reminder that they were children. Just like her.
But it wouldn't stop her this time. Soon, the Careers finished their play-fight and scattered to clean themselves off. Georgina of District Four wandered down on the hillside. Valerie, seeing her chance, raised her bow and aimed directly at the unsuspecting Career's heart.
Please forgive me. I just want to go home, She thought, tears in her eyes as she let the arrow fly.

Valerie fled into the wasteland, haunted by the sounds of anguished Careers and cannon fire. Now she was a murderer twice over, out of food, out of water, all alone with four aggrieved Careers out for her blood. She momentarily considered turning back to surrender, but she knew the only mercy she'd receive would be the final kind. As she agonized over her options, an announcement blared overhead, declaring there'd be a feast in the northern desert. Starving and exhausted, Valerie heaved a sigh and corrected her course to head north. It didn't matter if she encountered the Careers there. Either she'd shoot them down or they'd free her of this horrific nightmare.
By the time she arrived, Alder of District Two was already approaching. Valerie hid behind a sand dune and readied her bow; she'd have to be quick. One, two, three arrows struck the Career before Valerie emerged from the dune. Alder fell to his knees, but horror washed over Valerie as his shocked russet eyes met hers. She wanted to apologize, but what could she even say, what forgiveness could she expect after condemning him to a cold and lonely death? All she could do was grab a backpack from the feast table and flee.
A violent wind stirred up, turning the desert into a death trap of blinding sandstorms. Valerie barely managed to escape before she was buried alive. As she opened her backpack to find a warm meal, she murmured a quick thank-you prayer even though guilt had stolen her appetite. She shouldn't have left the Career like that; a swift arrow to the head would be better than bleeding out in a sandstorm. But she couldn't do it. That night, Valerie slept uneasily in the mouth of an abandoned tunnel, haunted by Alder's dark eyes.

Valerie woke to a clear starry night overhead, the first time she'd seen the sky in days. As she ate the now-cold food from the feast, Valerie heard the approaching sounds of a hunting pack. But these were no mutts. It was the Careers, out for her blood. She stood and raced into the tunnel, her only salvation. As the Careers chased her into the suffocating darkness, Valerie turned and shot down Giselbert from One. A cannon shook the cavern walls and she dropped the bow, but it was useless anyway; she'd run out of arrows. Valerie knew she stood no chance in close quarters against two Career girls, so she quickened her pace, resolving to separate them in the tunnels.
A low growl told Valerie of her failure. Her eyes widened as countless pairs of glowing, reddened eyes snapped open in glares. This was no tunnel, it was the mutts' home burrow. A scream escaped her as she backpedalled, running at the stunned Careers.
"Go back!"
The Careers stared at her in shock, then horror as they looked past and saw the mutts. All three girls hightailed it out of the tunnel with the enraged jackals howling behind them. Valerie made it out first and kept running, but she looked behind her to see Amber and Leah rolling a boulder to block the tunnel exit, cutting the mutts off from their quarry. Both Careers then turned their attention on her.

It didn't take long for Amber to catch up, slashing Valerie across the back with her sword.
"You are no better than Khali!"
Valerie collapsed to her knees with a pained yelp as the Career stalked forward. "I'm sorry, I-"
"Of course you would be sorry now, aware of your imminent death. I will never forgive you!" She snarled. "You killed Alder!" Tears glistened in silver-and-gold eyes as Amber raised the sword, and in that moment Valerie understood.
"You loved him, didn't you?"
The sword veered left at the last moment, plunging into the dirt as conflicting emotions flashed in the Career's eyes. Memories, recollections of the short time she spent with her love. It was enough to answer Valerie's question without a single word.
"I'm so sorry. I understand if you can't forgive me," Valerie murmured, spotting a wounded Leah in her peripheral vision. Every Career's blood was on her hands. No wonder Amber seemed mad with vengeance; before her lay the tribute who'd killed her loved ones. "Truthfully, I... I don't want to hurt anyone. But I'm scared... scared of dying, scared of never leaving this awful place. I just want to go home."

Leah finally caught up and placed a hand on Amber's shoulder. They began to speak in hushed tones, a conversation Valerie wasn't privy to. She looked between both Careers, eyes pleading even though she knew her fate; she couldn't run, she couldn't fight, and the Careers wanted to go home just as much as she did. As Amber and Leah faced her, Valerie braced herself for the final blow. But it never came.
Instead, to her surprise, they told her the sun was rising. The sun... Valerie hadn't even noticed in all the panic and chaos. She turned around and, for the first time since it all began, felt the warm caress of sunlight on her face. A tearful smile softened her tired face. Deep down, she understood why the Careers wanted her to see this - to focus on something peaceful before the end.
She heard a blade being drawn, followed by Amber's voice behind her, this time surprisingly gentle.
"I hope you find peace."

Valerie's Relationships

The 3rd Hunger Games

【 D1 ◇ ▣ 】 Giselbert: He tried to kill Valerie and she later shot him down, but it's just the Games.
【 D1 ◇ ▣ 】 Amber: Her actions terrified Valerie, but she understood why Amber was so upset.
【 D2 ◇ ▣ 】 Alder: Another Career who Valerie killed. She regrets leaving him behind.
【 D2 ◇ ♡ 】 Leah: Kindest of the Careers, the reason Valerie got to watch one more sunrise. She admires Leah.
【 D4 ◇ ▣ 】 Georgina: Valerie's first kill that wasn't in self-defense. She feels terrible.
【 D8 ◇ ✘ 】 Seth: Valerie is horrified and disgusted by him.

Other

【 ✿ 】 Letitia: It's Letitia who inspired future Careers to be kind... Valerie is thankful to her.
【 ✿ 】 Diana: Valerie's best friend in the afterlife. They are inseparable.
【 ✿ 】 Amara: Diana's older sister. Valerie has so much respect for this young woman.
【 ✿ 】 Vincent: Valerie's baby brother. He was so little when she left, but now he's all grown up.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Extras: 3rd Games

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 pm

Extras - 3rd Hunger Games

Full name: Giselbert Stegen (played by kylo ren , in 2015)
District: 1
Appearance: 5'10", light blonde hair, grey eyes
Personality: Loyal, irritable, forgiving, follows orders well
Crush: Georgina
Alliance: Careers - Amber, Alder, Leah, Georgina
Weapon of choice: Axe
Training score: 8
Death: A District Ten tribute, Valerie, had killed two members of the alliance already. The surviving Careers chased her into a dark tunnel, but Giselbert quickly fell to one of Valerie's arrows.

Full name: Georgina Cry (played by +30mg in 2015)
District: 4
Appearance: 5'7", slim, long strawberry blonde hair, round grey-blue eyes
Personality: Calm, passive-aggressive, mild, extroverted
Crush: Giselbert
Alliance: Careers - Giselbert, Amber, Alder, Leah
Weapon of choice: Throwing knives
Training score: 10
Death: After being stuck in a barren arena of endless night and stagnant air, the Careers were excited to finally see rain. Alder challenged everyone to a mud-fight, after which Georgina wandered down to the hillside to clean herself off. Unbeknownst to her, she'd wandered right into Valerie's line of fire. Georgina was shot dead by an arrow before she could comprehend what happened.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me