➵ Ada's Archive

A place to store your roleplay character information.

Links for Convenience:

Table of Contents (first post)
No votes
Forms posted in the recent month:
No votes
Azuline - May 31st
No votes
Hickory - June 20th
No votes

Total votes : 0

➵ Careers' Memorial

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:23 pm

Signatures from the 20th Games onward are designed by each Career's roleplayer.

CAREERS'_MEMORIAL

Origin of the Careers
Following Gabriel's death in the 1st Hunger Games, President Luca granted a special privilege to the districts whose tributes helped her child. Districts One, Two, and Four were allowed to train volunteers in a system to protect their districts' vulnerable children. Never again would an unwilling participant be reaped for the Hunger Games, as a trained fighter would always take their place. The act of volunteering is viewed as a heroic sacrifice, laying down one's life for the safety of the district.
Only the top male and female (either can be substituted for nonbinary) are allowed the honor of volunteering. It's one reason Career districts have no gender roles. All genders are expected to be equally strong, so they are raised and treated the same.

Careers' Code of Honor
Careers are taught with a strong code of honor. Their mission is to eliminate the competition swiftly and fairly, without drawing out deaths or intentionally targeting the weak. Hence the concept of the Career's version of lawful evil: Killers who have honor.
While most tributes fight with brutal desperation, Careers can afford to show kindness and hospitality. They dutifully care for their allies and sometimes even their enemies. Although injured tributes are often killed swiftly to avert a worse fate in the cruel arena, it's also more common than expected for Careers to take a kind but struggling non-Career under their wing.
Once only Careers remain, it will be time for a final, honorable fight to the death. Whether you win or lose gracefully, all the pride and gratitude of your district will be with you. Consent is key for the final battle - it can only start when all parties agree.
Traitors have no future in the alliance. Even if one manages to win, their own district will kill them once they return home.

Careers' Plaque
It has become tradition for each year's Careers to carve their initials into a wooden plaque near 'the Gauntlets', an obstacle course located in the Training Center's heart. Initials of victors are marked with sun circles, and traitors' names are crossed out.
There's no special marking for mentors, but the Career mentors are Licaria Ryu, Icarus Matthias, and Edmund Grant.

First Row

1st GamesD1: Gabriel Silvergard & Letitia Wagner | D2: Moxie Spears | D4: Conrad Everhart
2nd GamesD1: Prince Channing | D2: Acacia Auyong & Sam Bright | D4: Genesis Cry
3rd GamesD1: Giselbert Stegen & Amber Soare | D2: Alder Auyong & Leah Brie | D4: Georgina Cry
4th GamesD1: Garrett Tigris & Leala Castra | D2: Matty Bartlett & Apricot Adamson | D4: Clark Taylor & Amara Taylor
5th GamesD1: Blake Sutton & Esme Gwydion | D2: Rowan Adashi & Lily Brie | D4: David Salvatore & Alice Rose
6th GamesD1: Aldrich Arindale & Ivana Farrell | D2: Lewis Blythe & Willow Arima | D4: Edmund Grant & Angelica Bellefleur
7th GamesD1: Bauxite Strong & Scarlet Carmine | D2: Leo Blythe & Maple Asato | D4: Clair Granwell & Naomi Bakari
8th GamesD1: Adam Griffin & Gardenia Christine | D2: Olive Arima & Mia Bartlett | D4: Noah Bakari & Kindle Hadrian
9th GamesD1: Kipling Hannes & Laelia Bertok | D2: James Basker & Anise Adashi | D4: Haden Gardener & Sophie Flanagan
10th GamesD1: Kian Hannes & Anna Ademar | D2: Hemlock Aiba & Jess Bellamy | D4: Drew Guerra & Ashanta Livius

Second Row
11th GamesD1: Cayden Sige & Samira Allisdaughter | D2: Owen Brooks & Hazel Aiba | D4: Dana Galavan & Mimosa Rin
12th GamesD1: Duke Ademar & Azuline Arden | D2: Hickory Aiba & Katy Bellamy | D4: Aletriss Ruesso & Riedo Vivendel
13th GamesD1: Veritas Aegia & Yeva Lovel | D2: Adaro Ignaci & Candela Haru | D2: Jason Bayo & Cassia Atoll
14th GamesD1: Malcolm Strauss & Gemma Whiteside | D2: Charles Bellamy & Clotilde Alvagard | D4: Torrent Thornton & Megan Kenway
15th GamesD1: Sycamore Jin & Sky Moonstone | D2: Cypress Aratani & Tara Brooks | D4: Mircea Eldoriss & Solstyss Heliador
16th GamesD1: Altair Brungard & Zelkova Angelov | D2: Dissaith Beckett & Bri Rosendia | D4: Lilias Albright & Carys Beddoe
17th GamesD1: Pax Achilleo & Astelle Protea | D2: Icarus Matthias & Erin Breene | D4: Kai Adriatico & Jody Tychlan
18th GamesD1: Sorin Severna & Wilmina Montgomery | D2: Reinhold Scovgaard & Eltaira Scovgaard | D4: Coral Albright & Ripley Strand
19th GamesD1: Valesska Shepherd & Licaria Ryu | D2: Eric Breene & Bernadette Cedira | D4: Mason Cassius & Justine Torren
20th GamesD1: Eden Beauregard & Madeline Gomez | D2: Chaska Sioux & Gloria Lace | D4: Killick Acquati & Caspia Searobin

[size=90]Third Row

21st GamesD1: Lars Henningson & Joline Sutton | D2: Balthar Septus & Kritanta Sioux | D4: Theo Hale & Delta Odair
22nd GamesD1: Sorrel Baxter & Allessandra Ariti | D2: Jessamine Kelda & Olivia Bright | D4: Lysander Marin & Imbellis Keir

Non-Career Allies
6th Games ➵ In the first case of adopting a different district ally, Careers accepted Cole Pratten (D3) as one of them.
8th Games ➵ Careers adopted Teddy Bernardo (D8).
10th Games ➵ Named Slate Malduc (D8) an honorary Career for warning them of an impending attack.
12th Games ➵ Although Jillian Tybalt (D10) worked with Careers for a time, they consider her more of a traitor than ally.
16th Games ➵ Named Aegeus Kim (D12) an honorary Career when he used his dying breaths to warn them of danger.
17th Games ➵ Although Tora West (D10) was accepted into the Careers, she betrayed them and was kicked out.
18th Games ➵ Due to their help, Himaya Hannock (D11) and Lucius Winters (D3) are honorary Careers.
20th Games ➵ Careers named Sienna Mach-North (D7) an honorary member due to her bravery and sacrifice.
21st Games ➵ Hypatia "Patsy" Fleming (D3) allied herself with the Careers, who accepted her as one of their own.
22nd Games ➵ Careers adopted Lil Monroe (D3) for a day, since it was his last request.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 37 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Victors' Spouses

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:46 pm

← Mentors............

VICTORS' SPOUSES

Almond Adamson • Lily's husband • D2 • male • 33
Cordelia Cain • Quill's ex-wife • D3 • female • 36
Janice Clifton • Garry's wife • D7 • female • 27
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue May 25, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Almond Adamson

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:45 pm

ImageImage--------
Almond Adamson
Lily's Husband

Full name: "Hello! I'm Almond Adamson."
Gender: "A dad! I'm a dad!!" Someone's excited about fatherhood.
Sexuality: "I've never really thought about it. I just like who I like, gender doesn't matter to me."
Role: "I'm a house dad! I work from home, doing statistics work for the Academy. My more important job is taking care of the triplets." Once, instead of submitting his bi-weekly report, he sent his boss pictures of his adorable babies by accident.
Age: "I'm in my thirties. I know, I don't look it." Almond has a baby face and can't grow facial hair.

Voice type: Tenor
Appearance: Almond stands at 5'6", which to him is pretty darn tall. His figure could only be described as average - not athletic, not slim, not heavy. He has short, neatly trimmed black hair, soft golden-brown skin (people always ask about his skincare routine), and chestnut brown eyes hidden behind square glasses. It's hard to catch him without a big smile on his face.
Personality: "A heinous, maniacal villain, looming in the darkness to crush the dreams of young heroes." Almond is goofy and dramatic. He loves to make up silly, fantastical stories to entertain his children with, and seems to have no shortage of imaginative scenarios starring himself as a villain. Despite referring to himself as evil and scary, Almond is anything but that. He's actually kind of a wimp when it comes to real confrontations, unless some idiot dares threaten his babies, in which case the glasses-clad nerd father will happily teach them a lesson. Almond loves his family more than anything and wants to spend all his time with them.
Partner: "Lily Brie, I'm sure you know her. She's the first victor from District Two!" Lily and Almond were close friends growing up. He had a huge crush on her and it was obvious, but he never found the courage to confess his feelings. As Lily left for the Hunger Games, Almond had a sinking feeling that he might never get the chance. He was wrong, and when his best friend returned home triumphant, they both confessed how they felt for each other. They'd realized life was too short to hide these things.
A year later, Lily met him at the beach where she'd told him to wait. She arrived with a bearskin slung over her arm and plaster covering a fresh cut on her face, and before Almond could ask, she got on one knee and pulled out a ring. White bone glinted in the moonlight, hand-carved from the skeleton of the bear she'd slain. Almond could barely shriek out his 'yes' through tears of joy.

Alignment: Lawful good
Weapon of choice: "Oh, I don't fight. That's what my wife does! You should face her if you're into sword duels."
Skills: "Cooking!" Almond has all the skills of a perfect stay-at-home husband. His food tastes professional no matter how 'experimental' the recipe gets, and the house somehow remains sparkling clean despite the triplets (and any playdates) running rampant every day. Multitasking is also not a problem. He can format a statistics report with text-to-speech while flying through the dishes at record speeds.
Fatal flaw: "My sweet tooth. Everything looks like chocolate!" Almond does have a sweet tooth, but his real biggest weakness is physical fights. Even his small children can defeat him without any effort.

Almond's Relationships
Feelings: | ♡ romantic | ✿ very positive | ✓ positive | ▣ neutral | ✘ negative

【 ✿ 】 Apricot: Almond's twin sister who he misses dearly. She was terrifying, but he loved her so much.
【 ♡ 】 Lily: The love of his life! Almond admires everything about his strong wife.
【 ✓ 】 Rowan: A distant friend. Almond is incredibly grateful that Rowan looked out for him and Lily.
【 ✿ 】 Andruil: One of Almond's beloved triplets. She looks like her mummy and is just as spirited.
【 ✿ 】 Sylaise: Another of Almond's precious babies, such a sweet little angel. Almond loves her so much.
【 ✿ 】 Dirthamen: Almond loves baby Dirk with all his heart. He seems to have boundless positive energy.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Cordelia Cain

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:43 pm

ImageImage--------
Cordelia Cain
Quillon's Ex-Wife

Full name: "My name is Cordelia Cain."
Sexuality: "..." She is bisexual.
Role: "..." Cordelia retired from her Peacekeeper role due to severe injuries. Now she works as a criminology professor in District Three, educating the new generation of wannabe law enforcement.

Voice type: Contralto
Appearance: This ex-Peacekeeper was born in District Two and it shows. At 5'9", Cordelia towers above most of her female peers in District Three. Her toned and athletic figure, typical of a Career woman, also stands out in the urban centers of the technology district. Cordelia's white-blonde hair blends better with the mountains of District Two than the dark city sprawl, and her face is criscrossed with scars that make her hard to miss. A dark eyepatch sits over one of her hazel eyes.
Personality: "Don't sit idly waiting for the world to serve justice. It won't. Stand up and do it yourself." Calm and stern, Cordelia's heart holds the militaristic sense of discipline from her District Two roots. Not even the most horrific threats will elicit a flinch from her. She intimidates her students, but in her heyday she intimidated the criminals much more. Even the most hardened evildoers suddenly felt cold and exposed under her judging gaze. Cordelia longs to return to law enforcement, but never lets her vulnerabilities show.
Partner: "..." Cordelia met Quillon when she was younger and more naive. He won the Hunger Games with vengeful brutality, but claimed the arena turned him into someone he wasn't. Being an impressionable new Peacekeeper who believed in second chances, Cordelia believed his promises. They began dating and were eventually married.
After Cordelia had their son Alesandro, something started to change in her formerly loyal husband. He became more secretive and suspicious with his phone. Instead of coming to bed at a reasonable time, he'd stay up past midnight, racking up ridiculous phone bills with messages addressed to Capitol numbers. Of course, he claimed it was relevant to his mentor work. Cordelia knew he was likely cheating on her with another mentor, but she wanted to keep the family together for the children's sake.

Then Quill went too far. Cordelia's Peacekeeper duties took her to the back alleys downtown where her squad was shot in an ambush. She was the only survivor, but the torturous weeks in intensive care made her think bleeding out would've been less agonizing. To add insult to injury, Quill never visited, not even when she was conscious and in stable condition. He didn't call or text - complete silence. When Cordelia was finally released, she had to call her elderly father to deliver her home. Her reunion with Quill went as expected; he sneered down at his injured, scarred wife with disgust. This absolute lack of human compassion was the last straw. Quillon did not deserve to be a father. With no emotion in her voice, Cordelia told him to get out. Now.
Quillon ranted and raged, threw things around, spat insults so vile they'd make a cockroach ill. Incredibly immature. Cordelia had dealt with people much more dangerous than this arrogant male; even in her current state, he posed no real threat to her. She just shook her head at Quill and sent Alex to bed. All traces of her now ex-husband were gone from the house by morning.

Alignment: Lawful neutral
Weapon of choice: "Any weapon is viable in the right situation."
Skills: "All my skills relate to my career." In District Two, Cordelia mastered the art of calm composure in all situations. Her intimidating gaze unnerves criminals, but that's not the reason she locks eyes with them. She's picked up psychology in District Three and can predict others' next moves.
Fatal flaw: "Although I can still fight, I am in no shape to continue working as a Peacekeeper." Cordelia was severely injured in a shootout in downtown District Three, and her Head Peacekeeper asked her to retire for her own safety. Her physical injuries seem like her greatest weakness, but in reality, the worst pain is inside. She misses her career with all her heart.

Cordelia's Relationships

【 ✘ 】 Quillon: A belligerent pup who believes himself above consequences. Disappointing.
【 ✓ 】 Frances: Cordelia respects the mayor, a woman of justice. She'd like to get to know her.
【 ✿ 】 Alesandro: Cordelia is terrible at showing emotion, but hopes Alex knows how much mum loves him.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Janice Clifton

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:18 pm

ImageImage---------
Janice Clifton
Garry's Wife

Full name: "Janice Clifton."
Sexuality: "No idea." Janice is asexual panromantic.
Role: "Generic District Seven lumberjack."

Voice type: Alto
Appearance: At 5'7", Janice is one of the taller District Seven ladies. She has a curvy, well-muscled figure, which gives her a welcome advantage in staying warm. Thick black hair tumbles in unruly waves to her back, messy and proud after snapping countless elastic bands that attempted to tame it. She has icy blue eyes and an almost scarily pale complexion.
Personality: "Don't ask me." Janice is not the best conversational partner. Her name sounds like 'January' and 'ice' put together for a reason - her attitude is as chilly as the coldest months of winter, and her temper is sharp like freshly frozen icicles. Despite this standoffish demeanor, Janice has a heart of gold when you get to know her. She loves warm hugs and gingerbread.
Partner: "Garry, my baby." Janice is married to the 9th Games victor, Garry. They met on his Victory Tour when she beat up a rabid fan harrassing him. He called her his hero, and the blush that spread across her face was like the northern lights.

Alignment: Chaotic good
Weapon of choice: "My axe."
Skills: "Axe stuff." Janice is a typical lumberjack from District Seven, so most of her skills relate to woodcutting. She also has a penchant for snow and ice sculptures.
Fatal flaw: "Gingersnaps..." Gingersnaps are definitely one of her weakness, but her greatest vulnerability is being shown affection. Any gestures of love and care completely melt this icy northerner's heart.

Janice's Relationships

【 ♡ 】 Garry: Janice loves her husband. Despite her cold exterior, she coos over him like he's an adorable puppy.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ 1st Hunger Games

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:37 pm

The 1st Games featured a generic temperate forest, setting the trend of wilderness-themed arenas. Overall the woods were plain and nondescript with a vaguely peaceful atmosphere. Occasionally, the silence would be broken by birdsong.
The first mutts were introduced this year, massive white wolves with beautiful fur. They were more intelligent than regular wolves and could understand human language. Unfortunately for the tributes, these canines had also mastered the art of climbing trees.

Tributes
Gabriel Silvergard • career founder • D1 • nonbinary • 18
Moxie Spears • career founder • D2 • female • 18
Quillon Jacobs • first victor • D3 • male • 17
Conrad Everhart • career founder • D4 • male • 16
Diana Taylor • tribute • D4 • female • 13

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Gabriel Silvergard

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:51 pm

-ImageImage----
Gabriel Silvergard
the first career
Career Founder of the 1st Hunger Games

Full name: "Gabriel Silvergard, pleased to meet you." His surname is a combination of his parents': Silverbrook and Brungard.
Gender: "I often go by he/him, but I am also comfortable being referred to as Gabrielle and she/her or they/them." Gabriel is genderfluid, but is okay with any pronouns at any time. He doesn't exactly associate the pronouns with particular gender identities.
Sexuality: "I am bisexual." He doesn't lean towards any particular gender.
District: "I lived in District One."
Age: "When the reaping happened, I was eighteen, about to apply to university."

Voice type: Contralto / countertenor
Appearance: Gabriel stands at 5'11" with a slender hourglass figure and elegant, graceful dancer's legs. Almost snowy-white hair flows long and loose in thick waves down his back. He is finicky about cleanliness and hygiene, even in the wild woods of the arena. His eyes are a gentle baby-blue color. When he speaks, his voice is gentle, yet it carries a certain weight and formality.
Personality: "I aim to be kind and treat others with equity." Calm and poised, Gabriel is civil towards everyone from courteous friends to belligerent rivals. Compassion and civilized manners are what he values most. Although his patience towards others appears infinite, deep down he is incredibly disappointed when others behave in an offensive or irrational manner. His kindness belies an icy-cold temper towards injustices. He often expresses his grievances in passive-aggressive but still outwardly polite ways, aiming to steer the person away from their destructive path, but sometimes a recreant is too far gone in corruption. In that case, the best he can provide is a swift end.
Crush: "I am single. However, I see my district partner Letitia as my soulmate platonically. I do not believe I could love a romantic partner as much as I love her, my apologies."

Alliance: "Although the Career Alliance did not exist in my time, I am often labelled as its founder. In my opinion, my district partner Letitia deserves much of the credit. None of this would be possible without her kindness." Gabriel worked together with his district partner, Letitia, his best friend and guardian. They also recruited Conrad of District Four, and gave aid to Moxie of District Two in her time of greatest need. This marked the first time Districts One, Two, and Four would come together - but certainly not the last.
Reaped or volunteered: "I was reaped." Gabriel doesn't speak of it openly, but he believes it was rigged to hurt his mother.
Parade outfit: "I was appalled. Though I understand our stylists tried their best, my arms still ache at the memory." Gabriel and his district partner were forced into gaudy, rushed white-and-gold uniforms. It was clear this year's stylists rushed to put something together. Worst of all, however, was the huge district number banner they had to carry. The atrocious thing was so heavy, both Letitia and Gabriel needed both hands on it at all times. Gabriel isn't proud to admit he dramatically told his stylist to kill him afterwards.
Interview angle: "I tried to remain calm and patient, even as they asked me incredibly personal and rude questions." Gabriel could barely restrain himself from lecturing the uncouth interviewer. That barbarian kept asking prying questions about his mother.

Alignment: Lawful neutral
Weapon of choice: "Daggers. They allow me to fight with poise and grace." Gabriel wields twin daggers. Using his nimble footwork to his advantage, he can take down foes who are stronger and/or have a lower center of gravity.
Skills: "My ability to remain calm under pressure is one of my greatest strengths." Gabriel is remarkably composed and emotionally stable. Without such traits, he wouldn't have survived so long in the games. He also has a background in fencing and gymnastics that gave him the athletic ability to defend himself.
Fatal flaw: "I am not strong, in a physical sense that is." Gabriel may be emotionally strong, but he lacks physical upper-body strength.

Mentor: "At the time, none of us had mentors." Nobody had won a Hunger Games yet.
Training score: "Much to my surprise, I scored twelve." His mother pulled some strings to ensure he scored highest. Unfortunately, Luca's interference led to Gabriel becoming a target for the furious Quillon, who believed he deserved that twelve.
Death: "I am disappointed to have allowed that uncivilized brute, Quillon, to win the games. As it stands, I eagerly await his arrival in the afterlife. We all have some 'words' to exchange with him." The first arena was set in a nondescript forest, peaceful at first but soon to be stained with blood. The moment the first gong rang out, Gabriel and Letitia advanced to overtake the Cornucopia while hordes of frightened tributes fled in the other direction. Screams of horror echoed through the air just as the Ones reached the golden horn. Gabriel turned, eyes widening at the grisly sight of Quill from District Three brutally murdering his tiny district partner. In his distraction, he didn't notice the District Eleven boy sneaking up behind him to make the second kill of the games - until Letitia pushed him out of the way of an incoming axe. She grabbed the nearest sword and put an end to Thorne's assault.
Gabriel thanked Letitia for saving his life, quite the opposite of what Quillon did to his partner. But their challenge wasn't over yet. Most tributes had already fled, but not Quillon of District Three, who dragged along his ally Moxie from District Two to attack the Ones brutally. After a long struggle, Letitia and Gabriel gained the upper hand and drove off their challengers.

"What is that Three boy's problem? That felt incredibly targeted, and these inhumane 'games' are already in poor moral taste without such blatant atrocities added in. He dared attack us with the same sword he betrayed that child-"
Letitia's gentle voice put an end to Gabriel's passive-aggressive rant. He couldn't make out the exact words, but she was calling him to the Cornucopia's interior. With one final glare at the disappearing rumps of Quill and Moxie, Gabriel strutted off to join his district partner. Once his vision adjusted to the inner Cornucopia's dimness, his indignation immediately turned to horrified pity for the wounded District Ten girl who lay within. The earlier clash against Quill and Moxie had dulled Letitia's blade, so Gabriel took matters into his own hands.

After the cannon fired, the Ones took a moment to cool off and peruse the spoils of the bloodbath. Gabriel had just opened a crate of inhumanly green plantains when he noticed a redheaded lad mourning beside the body of a young lady. When Gabriel approached in concern, the other tribute lashed out - then calmed down and apologized for his outburst. He introduced himself as Conrad of District Four, district partner of the deceased lass before them. It was Moxie who'd callously murdered her, and Conrad wanted revenge.
Gabriel consulted with Letitia, and together they agreed to invite the lonely young gentleman into their alliance. None of them were fond of the egotistical Quill and his brutish-seeming ally Moxie. At first, District One's alliance with Conrad started as an union against a shared enemy, but soon a kinship started to form. Gabriel and Letitia made camp with Conrad and would take turns brewing him different teas. In return, Conrad pledged his loyalty, promising he wouldn't raise a blade against them until no other tributes remained but their alliance. Then he would fight, but only once all three of them were ready for their final battle.
None of them knew at the time, but this pledge would become a key foundation for Career alliances for decades to come.

The trio occasionally left camp to fight tributes, each time ensuring the end was as swift and easy as possible. Gabriel harbored no ill will towards his opponents. Ending up in the Hunger Games was not their fault, and none of them deserved to suffer.
Sadly, it seemed not everyone thought this way. One cold morning, Moxie of District Two arrived at camp, this time unarmed and mortally wounded. Gabriel watched in horror as she dragged herself into the clearing and collapsed at his feet.

"Quill, he's... he's coming for you next," Moxie managed. It seemed she barely had the strength to speak the words aloud.
Gabriel's distress soon hardened into anger as he realized exactly what Quillon had done. Not only was he a callous murderer, that felon had it in him to betray his own ally and throw her out in the cold. He truly did live up to his name - Quill was a spiteful prick.
"Never mind us, how dare he do this to you! Out of all the disgusting, traitorous atrocities-"
"It's fine, I..." Trembling with cold or exhaustion, Moxie lifted her head to make brief eye contact with Conrad. "I'm sorry."
Conrad, whose eyes once blazed with anger at the mention of Moxie's name, now wore an expression of pained sympathy. He removed his coat and draped it over the dying tribute before skulking off. Moxie whispered something inaudible, probably a 'thank you'.
Letitia knelt beside the injured young lass, soft grey eyes warm with motherly concern. Gabriel placed a gentle hand on his district partner's shoulder in the hopes of offering some reassurance. He trusted Letitia could handle the situation, so it was for the best that he and Conrad left them in peace.
"I will give you two a moment. Conrad and I have some blades to sharpen."

Once the cannon fired, Gabriel and Conrad returned to camp with their newly-sharpened weapons. Poor Letitia now sat alone by the fire. Gabriel went to pour her a cup of lavender tea, but upon opening the canteen, he found it completely empty. It didn't take much thought to know what Letitia had done with it. She had a good heart.
Returning to the fire, Gabriel wrapped his arms around his district partner. Conrad snuggled up on her other side, almost protectively, as if trying to shield both District One tributes from the enemy lurking in the forest. It wasn't uncalled for. Moxie had no reason to lie. No doubt Quillon was out there, waiting for the right moment to strike. They'd have to be ready to defend themselves.
That night, the trio set up a watch system. Conrad volunteered for the first shift, promising he'd sound the alarm at the first sign of danger. Gabriel and Letitia entered the tent to sleep, but it seemed they'd barely closed their eyes when the battle cry sounded. They darted out of the tent to help Conrad, but that dastardly Quill had struck and fled, leaving the redhead dying on the forest floor.

"You filthy coward!" Conrad shouted into the darkness, shaking his fist in outrage. "Moxie was right about you!"
Gabriel started to apologize for not making it out in time, but Conrad just huffed indignantly. Although he tried to look furious, there was affection in his eyes as he looked to Letitia and Gabriel. "Oh, shut up. I know you'll get revenge on that scallywag soon enough. Now, all I want is a cup of your best chamomile and then I'll be on my way."

The camp seemed quieter and colder with Conrad gone. Gabriel huddled with Letitia by the fire, afraid to sleep in case another attack ensued. Their following days were sleepless and uneventful, apart from the discovery of a starving tribute who'd collapsed near camp. Taking pity on the emaciated male from District Six, Letitia cooked him a last meal which he gratefully ate despite his confusion. He eventually fell into a contented sleep - and with a heavy heart, Gabriel decided to make sure he'd never awaken.
Soon, the finale was at hand. Only Quillon stood in District One's way of victory. It was best to hunt him down now, before exhaustion weakened them further, so Gabriel and Letitia sharpened their blades in preparation for the coming battle. Before they could leave camp, however, a guttural howl pierced the crisp night air. Wolves.
Gabriel and Letitia climbed a tree, hoping the pack would pass by and leave soon enough. They didn't. Mere minutes later, a dozen white wolves filed into the clearing, fur as glossy and pure as freshly fallen snow. One of them craned its head up to look at the District One tributes - and winked. Gabriel felt a chill run down his spine. Those were not wolves, at least not anymore.
The massive canines stalked over to the tree trunk. Almost effortlessly, two of them scaled the tree like panthers. They lunged at the tributes, sending them both falling to the pack below. Gabriel's world transformed into a blur of white fur, claws, and his own screaming.

As the dust cleared, Gabriel was surprised and almost horrified to find himself still alive. Letitia, much to his anguish, was not so well-off. She'd taken the brunt of the wolves' attack so Gabriel's life would be spared. With all the strength left in him, he dragged himself over to his dying district partner and gathered her into his arms. Letitia smiled up at him one final time before the cannon fired.
The ruins of District One's camp once again echoed with howls, this time human. Not even mutts answered the cries of despair.
Hours later, Gabriel opened his eyes to the sound of footsteps. Curled up next to the extinguished fire, his body felt stiff and cold, and for a moment he wondered if he was still alive. The sight of Quillon Jacobs smirking at him confirmed his fears. Not only was he still somehow tied to the mortal world, this disgusting traitor was here to make him suffer.
Gabriel drew his daggers with shaking hands, refusing to accept death at this lowlife's filthy hands. His efforts were futile. Laughing in arrogant triumph, Quill kicked the blades away and planted his boot on Gabriel's chest. Rude. As Quillon drew his sword, the weapon that he'd used to betray his own ally, Gabriel made up his mind to remain defiant to the end. He couldn't fight, he couldn't speak. All he could do was stare this monster in the eye until his vision finally faded.

After what felt like forever, Gabriel woke to a familiar warmth and light. He could move his legs again, and the first thing he did was run to Letitia and cling to her. The second thing he did?

"I cannot believe this lowlife delinquent! Out of all the inhumane, dignity-degrading atrocities..."
Letitia, Conrad, and Moxie didn't hear the end of his passive-aggressive rants for days.

Gabriel's Relationships
Alliance: | ◆ allies | ◈ neither allies nor enemies | ◇ enemies | ❖ betrayed

The 1st Hunger Games

【 D1 ◆ ✿ 】 Letitia: Gabriel loves and admires Letitia. Her presence both strengthens him and makes him feel safe.
【 D2 ◇ ✓ 】 Moxie: Although they were enemies at first, Gabriel has now adopted Moxie as his baby.
【 D3 ◇ ✘ 】 Quillon: Gabriel hates this traitorous, atrocity-committing criminal with every fiber of his being.
【 D4 ◆ ✓ 】 Conrad: Gabriel respects Conrad for his courage and straightforwardness. He's a good friend and ally.
【 D4 ◈ ▣ 】 Diana: Conrad's district partner died in the bloodbath, so Gabriel never got to know her.

Other

【 ✿ 】 Luca: Gabriel loves his mother and misses her so much. It's unfortunate what she's become.
【 ✿ 】 Donovan: He was Gabriel's caretaker growing up. The two are incredibly close.
【 ✿ 】 Alma: Gabriel is fond of his stepmother and her warm District Two hugs.
【 ✓ 】 Eden: Although Gabriel never met his half-brother in person, he loves Eden already.
【 ✓ 】 Angelo: The child President Luca adopted to replace Gabriel. He's a good young lad.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Moxie Spears

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:08 pm

-ImageImage---
Moxie Spears
the streetfighter

Full name: "I'm Moxie Spears."
Gender: "Call me whatever." Moxie is female, comfortable with any pronouns.
Sexuality: "What?" She genuinely has no idea, but she thinks a District Seven boy is cute...
District: "District Two! Love what they've done with the place." After Moxie's death, the district became much safer with the rise of the Academy. Peacekeepers and Careers alike would graduate from there. Although District Two is just as violent as before, now the culture is one of loyalty, honor, and justice.
Age: "I'm eighteen." She still looks it too, since aging is optional in the afterlife.

Voice type: Alto
Appearance: Moxie stands at 5'3". A life of struggling on the streets has shaped her into a lean, muscular little powerhouse with determination in her bright eyes. Her dark brown hair is cut short and spiky, flicking out in wisps on one side. She always seems to have a mischievous expression on her narrow face, largely thanks to her eyebrows, which are naturally a little quirky and lopsided.
Personality: "The best way to get to know someone is by fighting. No rules, no weapons. Just your fists against mine." Reckless and aggressive, Moxie lives for the thrill of a fight. Nothing compares to a victory against an opponent much larger than herself, beaten and breathless, pinned underneath her steel-toed boot. Despite her size, she never considers herself an underdog rising against insurmountable odds. It's not that deep. Moxie is stubborn and headstrong as a ram, so she laughs in the face of anyone who pities her.
Moxie only shows one face to the streets, but underneath her tough facade is a loving heart. She has a strong sense of integrity despite her violent tendencies. No matter the consequences, she will stick firm to her moral code, standing up for children, innocents, and people who try to do the right thing. Moxie may not be an underdog, but she protects those who are.

Crush: "Moses. What? You're surprised I admitted it? Well, dancing around my feelings is not something I do."

Alliance: "Quillon is a prick! I ditched him. Letitia, Gabriel, and Conrad are my moms now - especially Mumtia." Although Moxie only met her new friends in her final moments, her union with them would lead to District Two's place in the Career Alliance.
Reaped or volunteered: "I volunteered. I wanted to fight!" There's really no deeper reason, Moxie just loves fighting.
Parade outfit: "Some red and black gaudy trash." Moxie's outfit was too edgy. The ridiculous amount of spikes and chains made her look like a tryhard, like one of those bratty kids trying to act tough on the street. Everyone laughed at her!
Interview angle: "What do teens these day call it? 'District Two social skills?" I've got that. Moxie threatened to fight the interviewer when he cooed over her tiny baby hands. The audience laughed, and her face turned red from embarrassment and more anger.

Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Weapon of choice: "I used a spear just for the irony." Moxie prefers to fight with her bare hands, but it became a liability in the Hunger Games when everyone was swinging blades around. So she took up the spear, starting a ten-year trend for District Two.
Skills: "Fistfights!" Hand-to-hand combat is easier than spoken language to Moxie. She's nearly undefeated, except for the rare cases where her opponent pulled a knife on her. Such behavior is considered dishonorable in District Two so it doesn't happen much.
Fatal flaw: "I don't think before I act." Moxie is reckless, both physically and verbally.

Mentor: "Back in my day, we did it alone!" There were no mentors at the time.
Training score: "I forget." Moxie scored nine. In future games, this would be considered an average Career score.
Death: "That prick!" Moxie teamed up with Quillon of District Three. He seemed strong and didn't pity her, which was all she wanted in an ally. As soon as the bloodbath begun, the dynamic duo rushed to the Cornucopia to stake their claim.
The taller girl from District Four, no doubt seeing Moxie as an easy target, charged her with a spear. Moxie didn't care about the blade heading for her throat. She dove underneath it, tackling her assailant to the ground. The District Four girl fought back with scratches and slaps, but quickly stopped moving when Moxie killed her with her own spear.
Moxie shoved her fallen opponent aside and raced to Quillon's aid. Those District One tributes were still here, dancing around all daintily, and they had to go. Quillon and Moxie attacked the pair of blondes, but were quickly overwhelmed by their surprising skill. Moxie was forced to flee the Cornucopia with Quillon. To make up for their wounded pride, the banished pair hunted tributes all evening until nightfall. It became a vicious cycle: Hunt tributes. Remember Gabriel and Letitia. Become angry. Hunt more tributes.

They ambushed their first tribute by the river, cornering him against the overflowing banks. The powerfully-built male from Ten took one look at Quill's cruel grin, Moxie's bloodstained spear, and dove into the water without hesitation. Quillon waded after his quarry as homicidal taunts flew from his lips. Moxie, however, wasted no time splashing or teasing. Her spear sailed cleanly through the air. When Butch resurfaced to take a breath, the weapon pierced him in the back, ensuring it was the last breath he'd ever draw.
During their next hunt, Quill acted faster - but just as ruthlessly. At the first hint of life, the crack of a branch, he dashed off ahead with no regard for his ally. The screams cutting through the woods allowed Moxie to catch up with ease. Disgust twisted across her face at the sight of Quillon twirling his blood-stained sword, taunting his wounded prey not unlike how a cat played with its food.

"Shut him up. I don't want to draw attention," Moxie snapped, careful not to sound too empathetic in front of her merciless teammate. As expected, Quill ignored her completely. Her heart clenched as the tormented boy from Seven glanced up with a pleading gaze. Fine, she'd do it herself. The spear left her hands before Quillon could even object, and then Quercus's cannon fired. Moxie tried to ignore the murderous look on Quill's face, but in hindsight she should've noticed the first sign of their alliance's splintering.

One cold and foggy midnight, Quill shook Moxie awake. She hissed curses under her breath as the campfire's light assaulted her sleepy eyes. Unapologetic, Quillon launched into his speech right away, boasting about how he knew where Gabriel and Letitia had set up camp. Moxie nodded and tried to return to sleep, but Quill started once again ranting about how much he hated Letitia and Gabriel. Apparently he'd felt this way ever since those
"effeminate omegas" outshone him in training. Moxie couldn't care less at the moment.
Clearly she'd set her alliance standards too low. This... this punk started to spew his horrific plots against their enemies. Dirty, dishonorable tricks, grisly atrocities only the most evil minds could think of, it all poured out of his mouth in an endless stream of filth. He was going to 'give the Capitol a show' in the most gruesome way possible. Again.

"You've got to be kidding me," Moxie laughed. "You wasted my sleep for this garbage?"
Quillon's face contorted in self-righteous rage. "This is our plan, kid. You'd better take it seriously."
"Or what?" His entitled attitude was seriously ticking her off. Moxie stood up, spear pointed at Quillon's throat. "Listen here. You will not give me orders, least of all these orders. Back off, District Three. Consider yourself warned."
Quillon smirked and gave the spear a light smack. The blade fell right off - he'd sabotaged her weapon while she slept. Before Moxie could lunge at the coward, he attacked with his sword, shouting accusations she didn't care to pay attention to. All she could do was drag herself away. As Moxie crawled into the bushes, she heard arrogant laughter behind her. That was the moment she made up her mind.
I refuse to die, Moxie thought, gritting her teeth as she continued onwards. I refuse to die until I screw him over.

It took her hours to drag herself to Letitia and Gabriel's camp, but Quill had shot himself in the foot with this one. He'd told Moxie exactly where their 'enemies' were. Pathetic weasel, now she had the perfect opportunity to tell them all his dirty secrets.
When she finally made it into the clearing, she could spot three tributes - both District One blondes and a different redhead. Something about him looked familiar, but Moxie couldn't figure it out. She barely managed to make it to Gabriel before collapsing at his feet. All three tributes looked horrified and concerned, not angry to see her as she'd expected.

"Quill, he's... he's coming for you next," She told them. It was hard to speak, but spite allowed the truth to come out.
Gabriel's expression shifted to one of outrage. Moxie braced herself, but when he spoke, his anger wasn't directed at her.
"Never mind us, how dare he do this to you! Out of all the disgusting, traitorous atrocities..."
None of them seemed to hate her anymore, but why? Moxie was too tired to think. The night had stolen every bit of warmth from her body, and even as the first rays of sunlight began to bathe the forest, she couldn't stop trembling. "It's fine, I..."
Moxie locked eyes with the redhead. She recognized him now, he'd rode the chariot beside Diana of District Four. The girl Moxie killed in the bloodbath was this tribute's district partner. But despite everything, his eyes held nothing but sympathy.
"I'm sorry." It had to be said. She'd done nothing but hurt these tributes, yet they were still concerned for her. Why?
The District Four gentleman removed his coat and draped it over Moxie. It was so warm, but more than anything, it warmed her heart. She whispered a faint 'thank you,' but he stalked off without another word. Moxie could only hope he heard her.

After the District Four redhead left, quiet fell over the forest clearing. In stark contrast to the eerie still of the night, this peaceful silence was like a sigh of relief. As Letitia knelt down beside Moxie, Gabriel followed his other ally into the woods, no doubt leaving with the purest intentions. How did they all know she wanted peace and quiet?
Moxie furrowed her brows in confusion as the kind District One lady gathered her into her arms, an almost motherly gesture. She was so... nice. After a lifetime of stealing to survive on the streets, after Quillon's cruelty and arrogance, this was something Moxie could never have imagined. To be held in loving arms, as the sun rose to melt away a long night's bitter cold. She had no words for it.
All thoughts of vengeance, of Quillon and his traitorous deeds, they all fell away as she dozed off in Letitia's arms.

A little later, Moxie woke to a gentle tap on her shoulder. The District One lady was handing something to her.

"Oh. Thank you," Moxie whispered as she took the cup from Letitia. It warmed her hands, and wisps of steam rose from the soft amber water inside. The gentle scent of lavender reached her nose. "Did you... did you make this for me?"
Letitia confirmed she did, then once again took Moxie into her arms. Everything about her was so comforting, Moxie almost couldn't believe it. Maybe she'd never even made it to District One's camp. Maybe this was all a fever dream as she died, alone and cold on the forest floor, aching for this love and warmth she'd never experience. Or... maybe it was real, and the world was a kinder place than she'd ever dared to believe. At least, kind enough for the Letitias of the world to show such hospitality to their sworn enemy.
After finishing the cup of lavender, Moxie nestled into Letitia's arms with no intentions of ever leaving. Despite all her bravado, all her love for fighting and adventure, she craved nothing more than to stay like this forever.

"Thank you," She murmured as her eyelids slid shut. In her mind, it was the lavender helping her fall asleep. The pain was gone now, the wounds from Quillon's blade long forgotten. All that mattered was Letitia's love and the warmth of her heart. "... Mother."

Moxie's Relationships

The 1st Hunger Games

【 D1 ◇ ✓ 】 Gabriel: Moxie honestly loves his rants. Oh, and she learned a new word from him - tea!
【 D1 ◇ ✿ 】 Letitia: Words can't fully describe how much Moxie loves her kind, sweet Career mum.
【 D3 ❖ ✘ 】 Quillon: If the traitor's name is even mentioned, Moxie immediately flies into a murderous rage.
【 D4 ◈ ✓ 】 Conrad: Much kinder than his tough appearance suggests. Moxie is grateful to him for giving her his coat.
【 D4 ◇ ▣ 】 Diana: Moxie saw her as nothing but an enemy at first, but now she has no quarrel with Diana.

Other

【 ♡ 】 Moses: Moxie has a huge crush on the handsome lad from Seven. He's building a house for her too!
【 ✿ 】 Rieka: She is extremely cute! Since Moses is already her 'dad', Moxie wants to be her mum.
【 ✿ 】 Jay: Another cute baby to adopt. Moxie can't wait to beat up the idiot who killed him.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Conrad Everhart

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:18 pm

-ImageImage---
Conrad Everhart
the anchor

Full name: "Conrad Everhart."
Sexuality: "Gender doesn't matter, personality does." Conrad is pansexual.
District: "District Four. It's nice."

Voice type: Baritone
Appearance: Conrad stands at 5'7", average for a District Four male. He's honestly astonished at the ridiculous heights of non-Career boys. Despite being a head shorter than men of District Three or Seven, Conrad looks imposing with his broad-shouldered, muscular frame. He sports a deep tan from long hours working in the sun, and an anchor tattoo adorns his right bicep. He keeps his auburn hair neatly trimmed so the ocean winds don't blow it into his eyes. Well, technically one eye. Only the blue one works, the orange one is made of glass.
Personality: "I have anger issues." That's true, Conrad is known to have an unpleasant temper. He has zero patience for the self-righteous nonsense of entitled people. Neither social norms nor tact mean much to him, as he lives by a rule of brutal honesty. Despite his harshness, Conrad only truly dislikes people who are actually causing problems, from greedy merchants to criminals of war. He's quick to inflict punishment on the guilty, but heavens forbid an innocent person be wronged on his watch.
Partner: "Angelica and I are seeing each other. She's a good lass."

Alliance: "The District One folks took me in. I suppose nowadays they're called the Careers." Conrad teamed up with Gabriel and Letitia. At first he just wanted them to help avenge his district partner, but a strong sense of camaderie grew between the three allies. Nowadays, he also considers Moxie of District Two part of the alliance. His old hatred for her is long gone.
Reaped or volunteered: "Reaped." Conrad didn't even flinch when his name was called. As he mounted the stage, he rolled up his sleeves, revealing the anchor tattoo on his arm. The Capitol assumes he was showing off, but he just felt uncomfortably hot.
Parade outfit: "I try not to remember it." The stylists threw Conrad in a skintight teal wetsuit, but the sleeves were cut off. They told him to flex at the Capitol citizens. Of course, he let them know exactly what he thought of this spectacle.
Interview angle: "May have cursed a little." Conrad swore like a sailor, cussing out the entire Capitol. All his pent-up rage at the Hunger Games just exploded. The interviewer just listened in horror until it was over, at which point Conrad stormed offstage, still muttering.

Alignment: Lawful evil
Weapon of choice: "A couple of swords will do." That, or he'll just beat them up with his bare hands.
Skills: "Sailing, swimming, knots, the like." Most of his skills have something to do with boats.
Fatal flaw: "..." This dummy has no sense of self-preservation. If you stabbed him, he'd consider it an inconvenience.

Mentor: "None." There were no victors before the first games.
Training score: "Eight." He thought the Gamemakers would be impressed by his strength, but apparently he didn't live up to expectations. They'd formed a mental image of him that was pretty much superhuman. Of course the real Conrad couldn't measure up.
Death: "When Quill shows his face in the afterlife, I'll smash it in." Although Conrad intended to protect his district partner, they became separated at the Cornucopia. He found Diana just in time to watch Moxie of District Two kill her. Blinded by rage, he charged, but Moxie disappeared into the chaos of the bloodbath. Conrad returned to Diana and fell to his knees, failure weighing heavily on him.
A few minutes after the fighting died down, Conrad heard someone approaching from his blind side. No doubt Moxie was back to finish him off. He attacked at once, but immediately stopped once he recognized one of the highbrow blondes from District One.

"Sorry. Thought you were someone else," Conrad mumbled. He felt a little rude, so he introduced himself. "I'm Conrad. District Four."
"No worries. My name is Gabriel, and this is my district partner Letitia." Gabriel gestured to the young lady approaching. Both of them seemed surprisingly kind, considering they were all in a fight to the death. "What happened?"
"Moxie," It came out as a snarl. "That District Two girl. She killed my district partner, and I'll make her pay."
The District One tributes offered their condolences, then discussed among themselves for a moment. Once they'd finished, Gabriel turned to him, blue eyes soft and welcoming, and extended a hand. "You will not have to fight alone."
Conrad shook his hand firmly, marking the first time District One and Four would unite in the arena. It would certainly not be the last.

The trio set up camp that night, during which Gabriel and Letitia told him about Moxie's ally. She'd united with an even worse tribute: Quillon. Unsurprisingly, Conrad remembered that guy trying to bully him in training. Fish with similar scales swam together.
A few days later, as Conrad warmed his hands by the fire, Gabriel approached to hand him a cup of something floral scented. This was probably another sort of tea - Letitia already brewed some earlier.

"Is tea some competition in District One?" Conrad took the cup, definitely a more efficient way of warming up his hands.
"Tea is my passion, and many from our district share it." Gabriel chuckled and sat beside him. "So you could say that."
Conrad nodded, then took a little sip. His nose wrinkled up from the bitterness. "Right. I think Letitia wins the competition."
Gabriel just laughed. Conrad furrowed his brows in confusion, then went back to sipping the overly-bitter tea. Soon, Letitia returned to the campfire, holding a bundle of purple flowers. Lavender tea was on tomorrow's menu.
"You're just in time," Conrad said, suddenly feeling bold. "I have to tell you and Gabriel the truth."
As Letitia took a seat beside Gabriel, Conrad noticed both of them looked concerned. It was one of the reasons he could never hurt them. Even here, even in an arena where the purpose was to kill everyone, the District One tributes still cared about strangers' well-being.
Well, Conrad supposed he wasn't a stranger. Not anymore.

"When I first teamed up with you, all that was on my mind was revenge." The truth had to come out sooner or later. "Now that I've calmed down, I have to say - you've been nothing but kind. I thought it was an act at first, but you've shown this is who you really are."
"I respect you, Letitia and Gabriel, and you could be the last good people I meet in this life."
Conrad meant he didn't entirely expect to make it out of the arena. Setting down the empty cup, he knelt on the ground in front of the District One tributes. Cheesy, but he was aware that District One culture had some odd gentlemanly quirks. "So I want to pledge my loyalty. I won't hurt you, not until we're the only ones left. Even then, I won't fight until all three of us are ready."
Both District One tributes agreed to this, strengthening his pledge with their own. It warmed Conrad's heart - all he wanted was to make them proud. Making it out alive was never a priority. He didn't have much to return home to, not in a world where tyrannical dictators sent children to the slaughter. But Letitia and Gabriel, their infectious kindness would change the world. He'd make sure of it.
What he didn't know at the time was his pledge would become the foundation of Career loyalty for years to come.

A few mornings later, a rude commotion in camp woke Conrad up. He shuffled out of the tent, muttering curse words only a sailor could even understand. His single blue eye widened in horror at the sight. It was Moxie of District Two, but the ruthless murderer Conrad expected was nowhere to be seen. Now, on the ground before him, lay a small lass who looked very hurt and very cold.
Anger and desperation in her eyes, Moxie warned that Quill - her ally - would attack them next. It dawned on Conrad that her injuries were inflicted by her own ex-ally. His allies seemed to realize too, judging by the horror and fury on their faces. As Conrad stood there, overwhelmed with disgust at Quill and pity for the poor lass he'd hurt, he saw Moxie struggle to make eye contact with him.
"I'm sorry."
So she remembered what she'd done. Conrad would never forget the sight of Diana's lifeless body, but he couldn't hate Moxie anymore. Just like most tributes would in her situation, she'd killed to bring herself one step closer to returning home.
Conrad still couldn't speak, but he had to communicate his forgiveness somehow, so he took his coat off. It would provide the warmth the dying tribute so desperately lacked. After draping it over her like a blanket, he excused himself from the scene before the tears pricking at his eyes could fall. He swore he heard Moxie say something after him -
"thank you."

That night, Conrad volunteered to take first watch. Gabriel had already volunteered for the second shift, and Letitia, who'd stayed behind to care for Moxie in her final moments, deserved a nice long rest. No doubt she was more exhausted than her calm demeanor let on. Once his allies entered the tent and settled down, Conrad took to his watch post, a small flat rock embedded in the forest floor. Arms crossed, he stood almost motionless like a guardian statue. Try me, Quillon.
His thoughts turned to reality moments later. That green-finned landlubber charged into the clearing, hideous smirk on his face. Disgusting. Conrad roared a battle cry and lunged at the now surprised-looking Quill, sending him stumbling back. His advantage didn't last long. Just when he thought he'd nearly won, Quill grit his teeth and struck. Conrad fell to his knees, pain blazing through him with the blinding intensity of lightning, but this only ignited more rage. Especially as lily-livered Quillon darted away into the woods.
"You filthy coward!" Conrad shouted, shaking his fist at the scabby knave. "Moxie was right about you!"
He hoped that rope-chewing bilge rat lost sleep tonight from the knowledge that his own ex-ally, Moxie, was no longer on his side. Moxie hadn't mentioned any details about that traitor's plans, but Quillon didn't know that. Let him stew in the uncertainty.

Once the crimson haze of anger faded from Conrad's vision, he noticed Gabriel and Letitia looking horrified. They hadn't arrived in time and were already starting the apologies. He cut them off with a rude huff, although his eyes held fondness.
"Oh, shut up. I know you'll get revenge on that scallywag soon enough. Now, all I want is a cup of your best chamomile and then I'll be on my way."
With his allies' help, Conrad made it back to the fire. Its warmth made him forget all about the pain. That, or he was too far gone to feel it anymore. He honestly didn't care, Gabriel and Letitia were safe and that was all that mattered.
Dozing off by the fire seemed tempting, but Conrad managed to stay awake long enough for Letitia to bring her lovely chamomile tea. He gratefully downed the entire thing in seconds. Now, with his thirst quenched, it was time to part ways with his beloved crew.

"Send that Quill to feed the fishes." He gave them one last smile and closed his eyes. "I'll be waiting for him on the other side."

Conrad's Relationships

The 1st Hunger Games

【 D1 ◆ ✿ 】 Gabriel: Although Conrad considers him a close friend, his tea isn't as good as his district partner's.
【 D1 ◆ ✿ 】 Letitia: Conrad doesn't think he's ever respected anyone as much as he respects Letitia.
【 D2 ◇ ✓ 】 Moxie: She used to be his enemy, but now Conrad has emotionally adopted her as his child.
【 D3 ◇ ✘ 】 Quillon: Conrad meant what he said about waiting to punch Quill, and he's still waiting.
【 D4 ◆ ▣ 】 Diana: Conrad isn't personally attached to his district partner, but felt obligated to protect her.

Other

【 ✓ 】 Amara: Conrad doesn't know her personally, but he has tremendous respect for this little fighter.
【 ♡ 】 Angelica: A Career from the 6th Games. Conrad started dating her in the afterlife, and respects her deeply.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Diana Taylor

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:27 pm

-ImageImage----
Diana Taylor
the fashionista
Tribute of the 1st Hunger Games

Full name: "Hi, I'm Diana Taylor!" Originally played in 2015 by hilde, who gave me permission to use the character.
Sexuality: "I don't think about it much. I like who I like!"
District: "District Four, but I feel like I belong in District Eight."
Age: "If you think your life is hard, try being a thirteen-year-old! Just kidding. When I was thirteen though, I used to say it and mean it..." She was thirteen in the games. In the afterlife, she let herself age to sixteen.

Voice type: Soprano
Appearance: Now fully grown, Diana stands at 5'8" with an hourglass figure. Unlike her brunette siblings, she has golden-blonde hair which she keeps long and loose, flowing down to almost hip-length. Her grey eyes are a fair bit lighter than Amara's. Diana also devotes much time to makeup, despite it being uncommon in District Four. Unlike many of her peers, Diana would rather look pretty than swim.
Personality: "We don't speak of it." Diana was awful at thirteen. With hormones running wild, she transformed into an insufferable mess of toxic femininity. She hated the tomboyish girls of District Four. They were more well-liked than catty Diana, so she blamed them for her inability to find a middle school boyfriend. The only people she didn't lash out at were Amara and Clark, her siblings.
Nowadays in the afterlife, Diana is much happier and more well-adjusted. The temperamental teenage hormones have run their course, and she understands it's okay for people to express themselves how they like. Diana loves making herself look pretty with makeup and fashion, so she befriended people who shared her interest. She even found a best friend named Valerie.

Crush: "I have a lot of celebrity crushes, does that count?"

Alliance: "Conrad tried to protect me, but I ran off and look where that got me." Diana was lucky to have a district partner who looked out for her. Unfortunately, her impulsive thirteen-year-old self took it for granted.
Reaped or volunteered: "I was reaped." Some tears were shed that day.
Parade outfit: "Oh, it was nice... I guess the stylists tried their best..." Diana, a fashion lover, was completely disgusted by the gaudy teal swimsuit they threw her into. It was so uncomfortable and tight, she could hardly breathe.
Interview angle: "I was myself. At that time, it was a terrible idea!" Thirteen-year-old Diana insisted on doing her own makeup. With two-inch eyelashes and six-inch heels, she strutted onstage and blew a kiss to the audience. She refused to talk about the Hunger Games and just complained about Capitol fashion.

Alignment: True neutral
Weapon of choice: "Bow and arrows, I hate to get my hands dirty." She has neither the strength nor skill to use it correctly.
Skills: "Makeup is my passion!" She constantly watched Capitol makeup tutorials while her peers were out surfing, sparring, volunteering, and working out.
Fatal flaw: "I'm not athletic." Diana hates working out. Unlike most people in District Four, she'd rather be dainty than in shape.

Mentor: "I didn't have one, lucky for them!"
Training score: "I'll give you a hint: thirteen-year-old me had it coming." Diana scored a three. The Gamemakers weren't impressed by her lack of skill, and her poor attitude just made it worse.
Death: "At least it was over pretty quickly. I can't say the same for the others' deaths. It made me realize it's not always all about me, I don't have it the hardest." In the first Hunger Games, the tributes' pedestals were arranged in random order. Diana couldn't even see her district partner. Out of sight, out of mind, so she rushed off to do whatever she wanted.
Diana picked up a spear, ugly and plain but it'd do for now. Tributes were fighting all around her, but most of them stayed away. She assumed it was because of her beauty, but really, the others preferred to take out strong opponents instead of wasting time on one of the youngest and least experienced tributes. Her eyes narrowed as she spotted the female tribute from District Two. She'd hated Moxie since training, when that tomboy flew across the gauntlets like nobody's business. Now she was unarmed and helpless, and Diana saw for the first time how tiny she was. It was time to teach this little girl a lesson for trying to be 'one of the guys' in Diana's book.
She charged forward, swinging the spear like a sword. Moxie just looked nonchalant as she leapt at Diana's ankles. The rest was a blur, and all Diana could do was flail at her enemy with weak-wristed slaps, scratches, and attempts to pull hair that failed due to Moxie's short haircut. She didn't even have time to register how badly she'd lost before Moxie speared her in the heart with her own weapon.

Something felt different when Diana woke in the afterlife. No, it wasn't because she was dead. It turned out the teenage hormones causing her to act irrationally had disappeared, and now she just felt embarrassed. As she watched tributes like Letitia act so maturely despite the hardships they endured, Diana realized she was wrong. Hating other girls would never make her better than them. It just trapped her in a vicious cycle of passive-aggressive hate, and only now did she understand.
Diana decided to become a better person. She didn't have the courage to face the other tributes from the 1st Hunger Games, but she did write Conrad an apology letter for making him worry like that. Once newer tributes started to arrive, Diana found it much easier to make friends now that she'd stopped being so sexist. Nowadays she's a social butterfly with lots of people to talk to.
Although Diana pre-wrote her apology letters to Amara and Clark, she ripped up her brother's letter once he revealed his true colors. She is disgusted at his transformation from a decent guy to a traitorous jerk, as if mirroring Diana's own changes in the opposite direction. Diana no longer considers him her brother. However, her sister Amara will always be the person she respects most in her life.

Diana's Relationships

The 1st Hunger Games

【 D1 ◈ ▣ 】 Gabriel: Diana never met him in person, nor does she intend to. He's a little too intense.
【 D1 ◈ ✓ 】 Letitia: Although Diana is too embarrassed to speak to her, she does respect Letitia very much.
【 D2 ◇ ▣ 】 Moxie: Diana and Moxie are far from friends, but they don't hate each other anymore.
【 D3 ◈ ✘ 】 Quillon: Even when Diana was in her 'bad boy' loving phase, she'd still avoid Quillon like the plague.
【 D4 ◆ ✓ 】 Conrad: A little rough around the edges, but a good guy who just wanted to help Diana.

Other

【 ✘ 】 Clark: Diana is so disappointed in her traitorous brother. He's no longer the Clark she knew.
【 ✿ 】 Amara: Even in the worst of her teenage phase, Diana respected and loved her sister Amara.
【 ✿ 】 Valerie: Diana's best friend in the afterlife. They do everything together!
【 ✓ 】 Matty: Diana likes Matty, he seems like a great fit for Amara and Apricot.
【 ▣ 】 Apricot: The old Diana would have hated her, but now she's a lot more accepting.

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me