Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

World Wide page counter

So yes you caught me. 700 or so unique visits, that's incredible! I am curious about where you guys are from too! Because of this I got a flag counter here.
28%
72%

Total votes : 323

Re: Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Postby niko. » Tue May 30, 2017 12:49 pm

kaede. wrote: -snip-
the first thing that i saw was that you altered the codes that made boxes, well, boxes, and that was a big no-no. i fixed them for you, and wrapped all the text with a center column within a right column, and used transparent letters that spanned across the space in the box to center the text. if there isn't enough space, then copy the ║ symbols and distribute them evenly on each side of the boxes if you want to expand the space.

Welp I have no clue how that works [im not a bbcode master heh] but thanks a lot! I read the section in the masterpost area thingy but it didnt really make a ton of sense for how I was supposed to do this (columns always seem to mystify me)
niko.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby margiela » Tue May 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Does anybody have those transparent flower images?
margiela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxial » Tue May 30, 2017 1:31 pm

@SuperGirl. elaborate, please? c': there's plenty of flower images around.
galaxial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby margiela » Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 pm

galaxial wrote:
      @SuperGirl. elaborate, please? c': there's plenty of flower images around.

Sorry, They are white and transparent blossoms like the ones in my signature, But I don't need them now.
margiela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby likha » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:08 pm

hi, does anyone know where I can find anything like this?
    thanks in advance!
𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒?
───────────────────────── ⊰ ──────
── ⊱ ───────╮

𝐢. she/her 𝐢𝐢. intj
𝐢𝐢𝐢. the handmaiden
is my personality

───────────╯
likha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jiㅤ » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello~
please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this!
I need help making the background of this gif transparent.
I've been tackling it for hours, so help anytime soon would be appreciated! Thank you!
quit!!! contact me on discord (ji#6238)
jiㅤ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:47 pm

nayeonbunny wrote:
    hi, does anyone know where I can find anything like this?
    thanks in advance!

Those images are called dingbats. Most font sites have a category dedicated to them. You will most likely find tons of these here: http://www.dafont.com/mtheme.php?id=7

winded wrote:Hello~
please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this!
I need help making the background of this gif transparent.
I've been tackling it for hours, so help anytime soon would be appreciated! Thank you!

To do this is a frame by frame job. You would have to go through and manually erase each background off each frame. It would take anyone else hours to do this as well.

There is a post I did about this here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2167035&p=92158477&hilit=remove+background#p92158477

Quoting this here:
Unfortunately you can't magically just wave a wand and do it a lot of the time and in this case, this gif's overall temporal hue and saturation will pretty much disable the whole quick select as it would sense the hues too much since they are the same/similar tones. (Change the image to black and white to see what I mean)

With this gif in particular, you would probably be better off going around the edges of the eraser tool for a smooth clean finish. I've manage to do this a few times before and unfortunately this is extremely time consuming overall, though at the same time it tends to turn out more effective than using quick selection due to it's tinkering delicacies, especially in CS6 where sometimes the quick selection and smart tools are temperamental with their tone selections. (There are approx 256 different coloured tones in monochromatic shade colour palette [black, greys, grays, white]) and so when you put your quick selector to 60, it means it selects 60 grey toned colours.

It is also worth mentioning that I find using mouse to go around the edges in eraser a lot more effective than using tablet, and it is possible to do it with mouse. c:

How I do this is the following:

- Do a outline around the figures you wish to keep in about size 2-4 px eraser with 0% hardness.
- Once done this, then go around with the polygon selection lasso tool and click around where you previously erased, make it into shapes.
- Delete that selection.

This works out, for the gif in question, you can use this method pretty much on any gif support editing software. (Esp photoshop)
Of course, this is not the only way to do this, but depending on what program you have, this is probably a really effective method.

For this gif, I think without analyzing it properly it looks to be about 20 or so frames, so you might be able to do it in 40 mins- 2 hours?

Onelast thing to add is that with this method, if you cut into the image you are erasing out (aka accidentally erase a part you didn't intend to) you can duplicate a layer and thicken the line with this. Of course if you remove it, you can reverse, but it helps with getting pixel perfection 8)

I really hope this is explained properly, I think I confused myself here a few times. Need any elaboration, please feel free to ask c:

There is also this post here which explains the 'ficcle' likeness associated with transparent images which you may or may not know about.
Last edited by Goostarion on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Update
    I added another tutorial on the front of the thread, how to do the running writing gif text thing. I found it in the old thread and was like "hey Falls never added this oops, let's do that."
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:59 pm

That's neato Zet! c:

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Does anyone know any free, online editors that allow you to change a certain color in an image that works with the color black? I've tried a few sites, and it will change any other color selected, but it won't work if you try to change black to something else.
    Or if anyone has an editor that will do it easily? I'll put colors a such in case. ((Though I'd like to find a site where I can do it myself))
    I need to change the text color in this image to blue;
    ((the site I got it from will not allow colored text, and I can't find it on another site))
    Hex code; 66CCCC
    and RGB; 102 204 204

Also, here's a larger version of the image.
    ((Not entirely transparent, but when on a light background and made smaller you can't tell))
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║