Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

World Wide page counter

So yes you caught me. 700 or so unique visits, that's incredible! I am curious about where you guys are from too! Because of this I got a flag counter here.
28%
72%

Total votes : 323

Re: SQUIDally Distinct: Coding & Signature Tutorial/Help Thr

Postby ueo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am

@sedition thank you so much! i completely figured what i did wrong. ^^
ueo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Postby Goostarion » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Thank you to all who wished DD a happy one year anniversary! There were more shenanigans in the fire planned however I was pretty much out of commission due to IRL problems on my end which made things fall flat unfortunately.

With that said, there are a few things to address.
  • IF Digitally Distinct has anything you 110% own copyright over and have not been credited for (please note at contributor list first) please let me know. From images used to tutorials. This forum is a hosting forum which hosts all things a community has created. If you are claiming art theft in regards to something you can claim you own, please send me a PM. I will look into it. I have had a few interesting pm's claiming that the stickers and otherwise at the front of the thread were plagiarized from IRL pets people owned and other various instances in regards. The last thing I want is a Art Theft strike against me so please let me know.
  • Please do not ask me to hand over ownership of the thread. I have received a few messages asking for the ownership to be handed over because of my current lack of intractability. It will pass, however please do not ask for the ownership. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes with the structure of how the thread is run that you may not be aware of and I am currently already setting up future owners with this in mind.
  • I cannot give you the OK or any acceptance to allow you to use tutorials on this thread for other threads, whether onsite or offsite. Please note that the hosting of these tutorials without permission from the person who made the tutorial themselves is plagiarism without credit and you will be reprimanded for that if you are caught as plagiarism is a serious offence. If you aren't allowed to do it elsewhere (school / work / otherwise) you can't do it here either.

That is just in regards to the thread. Then there is me.
  • Currently, I am reduced to mobile because of shenanigans with my laptop, hence why my signature and avatar has stayed the same for far too long. Please note that I can still answer questions to the best of my ability if asked on the thread or in PM, but I can't do any coding. If you need coding help, please consider the other "squiddles" Art, Gods and Bev to help. These fine as all hell people are more than welcome to help you with your BBC, along with a ton of other users who help on the thread.

Cheers guys, and hope 2k17 will be better than 2k16
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepurrmint » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:39 pm

i'm trying to get the left box to sit up by the top left corner under the text, but as i keep adding text to the top box the left one keeps getting pushed down. does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Code: Select all
[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/2PdQKfs.png[/img][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/gDV5Oai.png[/img][color=transparent]xx[/color][img]http://i.imgur.com/XCLLxbX.png[/img]
▬▬▬▬▬{female-cat}▬▬[color=transparent]xxx[/color][/left][left][size=200]╔═══════════════════════╗[/size]
[right][size=200]║

║[/size][/right][right][center][size=85]likes rabbits+plants+night│dislikes loud noises+kittens+songbirds│extroverted,
is rather good at public speaking│atheistic│short-tempered, known to
ragequit & occasionally attack people│can be very stubborn│very kind &
loving to the ones they love[/size][/center][/right][size=200]║

║[/size]
[size=200]╚═══════════════════════╝[/size][/left]

[left][size=200]╔══════════╗[/size]
[right][size=200]║

║[/size][/right][right][center]backstory here[/center][/right][size=200]║

║[/size]
[size=200]╚══════════╝[/size][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/PPbfWra.png[/img]
[size=85][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]lines by [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54725]a[/url]pache~[/size][/left]
uwu
Imageuwu
uwu
uwu
owo?
uwu
uwu

consciousness is an illusion
it's worm time babey !

toyhouse instagram
Pepurrmint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saint » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:31 am

hello!
    i'm trying to get this image
    on the other side, mirroring the other flower?

[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/YBLxwga.png?1[/img][/left][img]http://i.imgur.com/H9DGCOz.png?2[/img]
    [size=85]──────────────────────────────────────
    [color=transparent]xxx[/color]text text text text text text text text text text text text
    [color=transparent]xxx[/color]text text text text text text text text text text text text
    ──────────────────────────────────────
    [/size][size=140]░░░░░░░░░░░ J A C K S O N[/size]
    ──────────────────────────────────

thanks c:
saint

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:35 am

@Jackson;;
    [left][right][img]http://i.imgur.com/YBLxwga.png[/img][/right][right][img]http://i.imgur.com/H9DGCOz.png?2[/img]
        [size=85]──────────────────────────────────────
        ──────────────────────────────────────
        [/size][size=140]░░░░░░░░░░░ J A C K S O N[/size]
        ──────────────────────────────────[/right][right][img]http://i.imgur.com/YBLxwga.png?1[/img][/right][/left]
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:44 am

pepurrmint;

I put the name and gender in the same column,
    but I put a right command around the right part
    of the text. ended the right command, and put
    in the box; I had to edit the size of the box just
    a tiny bit, though^^

[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/2PdQKfs.png[/img][right][img]http://i.imgur.com/gDV5Oai.png[/img][color=transparent]xx[/color][img]http://i.imgur.com/XCLLxbX.png[/img]
▬▬▬▬▬{female-cat}▬▬[color=transparent]xxx[/color][/right]
[size=200]╔════════════╗[/size]
[right][size=200]║

║[/size][/right][right][center]backstory here[/center][/right][size=200]║

║[/size]
[size=200]╚════════════╝[/size][/left][left][size=200]╔═══════════════════════╗[/size]
[right][size=200]║

║[/size][/right][right][center][size=85]likes rabbits+plants+night│dislikes loud noises+kittens+songbirds│extroverted,
is rather good at public speaking│atheistic│short-tempered, known to
ragequit & occasionally attack people│can be very stubborn│very kind &
loving to the ones they love[/size][/center][/right][size=200]║

║[/size]
[size=200]╚═══════════════════════╝[/size][/left]

[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/PPbfWra.png[/img]
[size=85][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]lines by [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54725]a[/url]pache~[/size][/left]
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina Wolf » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:16 am

So....I have this box and text:

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Cupid raised an eyebrow an the excitable mare standing before
him, "You think that I'm going to do what now?

"Wear armor and pink gauze for the Valentines day parade! Your girlfriend will also wear
armor and white gauze. Cupid and Venus, won't that be perfect?"

I don't know if you were aware of this, butVenus and I broke up two weeks ago." Cupid said,
somewhat coldly.

The mare paled, "Oh, um, I didn't, I wasn't trying, I'm so sorry."

No need to be sorry. She tried to control my life, and I wasn't going to have it. It was along
time in coming, and it feels good to be single."

"But so close to Valentine's Day?" The mare almost whispered.

Cupid nodded to her, "I don't have to worry about saying the right thing, or getting the right
gift. I can celebrate with the couples who are going strong, and console those who are also single
from an equal playing field. I think that this breakup, at this time, is actually a great thing for me."

"Well, since you won't have a partner, I will gladly recall my offer." The mare stated grandly.

Cupid was about to agree, but then stopped. "Actually, I think I will march in the parade."

"Wait...what?" The mare asked cocking her head.

"Who says that Valentine's Day is only about couples? Who says that you can't celebrate as a single?" He challenged.

"Well, I suppose..." She trailed off.

"Great! Now, where is this armor and gauze?"

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Which uses this code:

[left][size=200]❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤[/size]
[right][size=200]║

❤[/size][/right][right]Cupid raised an eyebrow an the excitable mare standing before

"Wear armor and pink gauze for the Valentines day parade! Your girlfriend will also wear

I don't know if you were aware of this, butVenus and I broke up two weeks ago." Cupid said,
somewhat coldly.

No need to be sorry. She tried to control my life, and I wasn't going to have it. It was along

Cupid nodded to her, "I don't have to worry about saying the right thing, or getting the right
gift. I can celebrate with the couples who are going strong, and console those who are also single
from an equal playing field. I think that this breakup, at this time, is actually a great thing for me."

"Well, since you won't have a partner, I will gladly recall my offer." The mare stated grandly.

Cupid was about to agree, but then stopped. "Actually, I think I will march in the parade."

"Who says that Valentine's Day is only about couples? Who says that you can't celebrate as a single?" He challenged.

"Great! Now, where is this armor and gauze?"[/right][size=200]❤

❤[/size]
[size=200]❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤[/size][/left]

Why won't it close? I cannot figure out what I did wrong?
KhimBWSD•Kalon
Cat•Dog•Other

Hi, I’m Phina Wolf, but you
can call me Phina. I
am currently involved with
Khims and Kalons, so PM if
you are interested in
arranging a breeding!
───────{Who turned out}───
“Books! The .
best weapons .
in the world!” .
- Tenth Doctor .
{The}───
───{Lights??}
Phina Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mucrospirifer . » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 am

Phina Wolf wrote:So....I have this box and text:

-snip-

Why won't it close? I cannot figure out what I did wrong?

it's just because some of your lines are a bit too long for the space; i think if you put a line break somewhere in the line

it would fix it, but given that preview is a bit wider than the actual post, you might have to add some more line breaks on other long lines
    I   K E E P  ──────
    FIGHTING
    ──────────────

─────────────────
    jay | he/they | bored
    send me song recs
    and
    sig requests ?
    ─────────────────

──────────────────────  T H E S E
mucrospirifer .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:23 am

Phina wolf;

I put "He challenged." down a row, and took three hearts out of the top/bottom row.

[left][size=200]❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤[/size]
[right][size=200]❤

❤[/size][/right][right]Cupid raised an eyebrow an the excitable mare standing before

somewhat coldly.

"Who says that Valentine's Day is only about couples? Who says that you can't celebrate as a single?"
He challenged.

"Great! Now, where is this armor and gauze?"[/right][size=200]❤

❤[/size]
[size=200]❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤[/size][/left]
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups