Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I'll bring home by LovetheHoly

Artist LovetheHoly [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I'll bring home

Postby LovetheHoly » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 pm

F A R R I E R

edits:
non-rarity:
weight/sclera

standard:
hair/claws/shine

common:
tail/longer fur (back legs ?)

uncommon:
custom tongue/short fur/ no fur (ears + patches on arms)/ custom pupil

O F F / T O / W A R

Spare me the details of a lovely childhood, he had one, one without a father but with a mother he cares dearly for and looks after now. Farrier has always been a well-mannered charismatic one, had a few close friends growing up in school, he began growing disconnected from them by the age of 10 at the sight of planes he thought only birds could fly, being optimistic and ambitious his dreams of being the town's rugby coach some day vanished as he obsessed over grasping the power of flight.
      Lucky for him he knew the route to success like the back of his hand, there's no such thing as spare time to him when he has a stack of overdue library books from plane models, aerodynamics, countless guides such as engine, propeller and structure anatomy, at night he'd read himself stories and experiences of other pilots but that was his own childish secret not even his mother knew. Within a few years just like that he was practically an expert, it was no surprise to him though because unlike many he doesn't take procrastination for an answer, he enjoyed impressing people with just how much he knew about planes, their history, and abilities. He kept his friends but they weren't all as close as they used to be, some began to become annoyed, " C'mon lets go do something fun can you put that silly book down for once ?" but Farrier never did.
      17 was his first time he flew, perhaps one of the youngest ever to fly, it's been told he had written the exact date and details in a personal journal but no one other than him and the local pilot knew. It was by a blessing he had happen to come across a local pilot at a cafe near school, they usually don't come too deep into town he must've been staying for a while, and yet it was thanks to the pin on his jacket Farrier immediately identified it from a book that had a section on 'Britain's vintage icons and symbols', not too long after having a chat the pilot agreed to let him take a look at the plane but mostly because of how much Farrier happened to know about them. Pilot J. Roth was the only name he's known him by, he taught him the basic controls of how to fly, Far listened but he already knew it, I'd be lying if I told you he wasn't terrified, as the pilot stepped back Farrier was near trembling, but he got everything function just fine, the runway was long, the wind was nothing but a fine breeze, and so according to his calculations, it was perfect. He couldn't shut his mouth in the sense his smile was endless as the setting sun still was bright enough to strike his eyes, it was everything he imagined if not greater.
      It's been a few months now since the war began, everyone has been raving about joining as even their teachers preached it's glories as well, being older he figured it'd be a great idea. By this time he had near mastered flying jets, however it was costly to keep renting them so as soon as he heard he'd be able to get his own by joining the army he enlisted and just like that he got his first plane. He boasted to all his friends but being non vigilant even for a moment could cost you dearly. They all enlisted. While they couldn't get planes they received a uniform and a gun, before they were to be put on a boat and sent to Dunkirk they spent one last night all together playing checkers and watching comedic shows television with the occasional propaganda ad, one of them mentioned how he has finally put that silly book down but Farrier grinned and shook his head motioning to the shelf in the corner where it sat, and told him while he's memorized it, it a reminder never hurts, well, soon it may.
      The sun risen but he was still half asleep caught up in his dreams, his friend sprung up and shook him awake "Wake up! The ship's off by noon !", the whole crusade was up and dressed while he was still scrambling to get ready. Once they arrived at the dock there were no sad goodbyes only a hug and a handshake will do as they waved and blindly walked upon the massive ship, never questioning it's size. Farrier could do nothing by the time the ship had reached the horizon, he still had training to go to but for the skies not the sea,
      soon enough he would take his most prized possession, the Spitfire, to fight off other parts of the war, she was a beautiful sight, he cleaned and polished her everyday never letting so much as a bolt go loose.

L O S T / T O / W A R

You loose your keys, you go look for them. You loose someone, you go to their funeral. You loose yourself, where do you go? By this time Farrier has lost all of these.

The sky grew dim as he was with about four other pilots scanning the skies for german planes per usual, it was quite calming Farrier hadn't had a relaxing flight in a while now, he was always excited to fight the enemy but for once he finally decided to kick back and relax on this one, he nearly fell asleep as all he heard was buzzes of the other pilots communicating, cracking a joke or two being mostly insults but the kind you can't resist to chuckle at. Eventually he had shut his eyes, still keeping hold of the plane but he was drifting to sleep in no time, the other pilot carefully but swiftly tapped the tip of his wing to wake him up, " Wake up before you drown in mid-air !" it may not make too much sense but it was an inside joke between the lads, they all laughed hysterically it was joyous, then there were muffled taps like rocks hitting metal and a bullet went right through Farriers right ear, he only heard a high pitched whistle noise before going unconscious as the last he saw was the sky turning into sea and feeling the plane plummet within him.
      He woke up in a medic boat, it was jam packed but he only knew that from the endless movements and chattering, the nurse checked his eye dilations in the light above, "Yep he's fine", before heading off, Farrier slowly got up feeling pain in his hear, he felt slower and unable to think clearly as he used to, a few minutes felt like seconds but the nurse returned within that time as she began to quickly wrap what was left of his ear in bandage, "What happened?" he asked her, she explained how one of his pilot friends landed on sea and had to break the window to get him out as the weight of the plane would drag him to his watery grave, he wasn't sure why but he was driven to ask the nurse if she had came across any of his friends, he began giving names, she mentioned how she can't quite recall if she ever met them but at the last time she nodded, "Yes! I knew him fine lad, he was a really good man, shame", Farrier had seemed to become another person at the moment he woke but but now eyes darkened and stretched low, "what's a shame" he muttered, he already knew but he couldn't bare nor dare speak of it, the nurse seemed to have no problem with that, "Ah yes unfortunately he passed, it was just a bullet through the arm but we don't have enough medicine so the infection got 'em" she shrugged flinging the towel and walked away without another word, beginning to realize his surroundings in this shaken moment, bloodied soldiers, some yelling in agony of their wounded limbs, some screaming in torment from their missing ones, he would never be the same.
      It's been quite some time now that his precious Spitfire had been dragged out of sea once it began to float and Farrier leaned on it whipping out a cigarette puffing away in the short heat of the day, only two of the original pilots he'd flown with had survived till now and they were getting ready for yet another trip, the conversation of the hour was practically complaints of why they can't take a short cut and that the winds are too strong too cold and if the engine freezes they'll be ripped from the skies, "We'll take the bloody long route and call it a week yeah?" Farrier broke the tension in the air with that line only to grow new tension, not even looking at them he tossed the cig and climbed in his plane double checking that everything is set as it's supposed to be, his confidence has grown into paranoia over the past few months. The two remaining pilots sighed and said nothing about it already depressed at how Farrier's changed, the newer pilots simply thought it's how he is and assertively went over to double check their planes as well, it was going to be a very long trip after all, surprisingly this one was optional and yet he decided to take it, something that has hid, but has not been lost is his values, his friends died, all seven of them lasted only about a week, they wanted to leave but they and 400,000 men couldn't get home, so Farrier will bring home to whats left of the survivors, or at he least tried.

K N O W N wrote:Maël
Gibson
U N K N O W N wrote:-
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me