Marble Cat Headquarters

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

How much do you like marble cats?

Absolutely LOVE them
86%
Ehh thier cute i guess
9%
I hate them
5%

Total votes : 318

Marble Cat Headquarters

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Marble Cat Headquarters

Welcome to the official marble cat home!

Quick Navigation

Marble cat adoption
News/Events
What makes a marble cat
General info
Featured Cats
Art
Marble cat owners
Roughnecks Item shop
Marble Cats: The Cats that had Wings RP
Marble cat matchmaking Thread
Fanclub
Extras!

Important Information

- You cannot breed cats on your own. Refer to breeding section
- You cannot re-sell your cats, just donate it back
- You are only allowed five cats
- Do not remove my signature
- You can try out for multiple cats, but you will only win five
- Artists are allowed ten cats and staff are allowed seven
-You can gift cats to other users if they haven't already reached the max number of cats
-Do not use as fursonas, and do not change the species of the cat
-You can make them anthro, but not as a dog or bird

Adoption
All adoptable cats will have an "adopt me" that is written in my terrible handwriting.
You will do as the artist wishes to be able to adopt it.

- Artists decide on the gender, you do not

Customs
We do not do customs, so don't ask
-You will be advised a warning if you ask for customs-

Artists
Andiliion
Paradise Lost
Novie Kenari

Artist Rules
-Do not add shading to the cats, it makes it harder to see their true design
-Do not make add ons for the cats. Such as extra orbs
-Do not draw items on original ref. If you want items, put them on a separate colored in version
-You can make cats for yourself
-Do not sell the cats design, just gift the cat to the user

Warnings
None yet :)

Banned
-you are not allowed to post or adopt-
nope nothing here
Last edited by Andiliion on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 40 times in total.
my sister does all my trades, im only here for drawing : p
Characters|Deviantart|Youtube

Artshop|Marble Cats|Livestream
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News/Events

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:57 pm

News/Events
Get the latest updates on competitions or important news

Updates and Important info
Updated February 16, 2014

Hi everyone, long time no see right. Anyway, I want to inform you guys on some big updates regarding the marble cat community. First of all, I should apologize from the lack of new cats. Ive been having computer problems, and oekaki makes them worse. I also have 1 last breeding to finish, and i dont even know how many paradise has. We are both very sorry for how long its taking to finish them.
Onto the the next topic, regarding updates. Flicka, our head moderator will be remaking the RP and fan club. She is waiting on a few things from me before she can start, but i have a few other things to do first. So stay on the look out for that. I also have an idea for a marble cat comic. But i really dont know when i can start drawing panels, since im still writing it at the moment. Lastly, so we dont have another theft incident, keep your eyes open for cats being sold on other sites. I do not sell marble cats on ANY other site, cs is the only website where you will find marble cats. If you see anyone on any website site that is not me, i always spell my name with the double i, please report them. The only art accounts i have are Deviantart, Furaffinity, weasyl, and anipan. However, only my DA is active. Post your comments, concerns, questions, or just chat with me or your fellow cs users down below.

-Andiliion

Compettions

Last edited by Andiliion on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 50 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What makes a Marble Cat?

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 pm

What makes a Marble Cat?
Learn what makes them tick

Intro

Marble cats are tiny little creatures only growing between 1-5 inches. They only grow to be 5in if kept in captivity. That being said, marble cats make wonderful pets and can live up to 10 yrs. They may be a pain to take care of because they are very sensitive to rapid temperature changes, but they do grow attached to their owners. On the other hand, wild marble cats don't live very long only about 1-2 years. Due to the fact they are killed by bug zappers and eaten by other animals.

Anatomy

Marble cats have tiny bodies with specialized lungs to make their bodies lighter while supplying it with enough oxygen to survive.Their lungs are very big and have air sacs that act like bellows that move air through the respiratory system, allowing the lungs to keep fresh air constantly flowing through them. If the cats didn't have lungs like this, they would not have enough oxygen to meet the high demand needed when in flight. Flying is a lot of work and to help make this job easier they have adapted hollow bones with criss-crossing struts or trusses for structural strength, thus they are lighter. The cats have seven cervical vertebrae, thirteen thoracic vertebrae (humans have twelve), seven lumbar vertebrae (humans have five), three sacral vertebrae (humans have five), twenty-two or twenty-three caudal vertebrae (humans have three to five, fused into an internal coccyx). The extra lumbar and thoracic vertebrae make them very flexible. The caudal vertebrae form the tails, used by the cat as a counterbalance to the body during quick movements and flight. Marble cats also have free-floating clavicle bones, which allows them to pass their body through any space into which they can fit their heads.The cats have very long delicate tongues with tiny papillae, so they can scrape out the nectar in fruits and flowers.Since marble cats feed on poisonous plants, the poison gets into their blood streams and they themselves become poisonous both their saliva and blood. Marble cats will bite each other but the poison will not affect them, but it will affect any other kind of animal. However, if the cats are from different regions their poison may affect the other cat because of the different plants they eat, but cats from the same area do not get affected if bitten. They also use their little fingers to hold onto the flowers when eating. Marble cats have phenomenal hearing and eyesight. They have vision 9 times sharper than humans, and higher densities of photoreceptors in the retina, a high number of optic nerves, a second set of eye muscles not found in other animals, and an indented fovea which magnifies the central part of the visual field. When you look at the cats you may notice a lack of a pupil, but they actually do have them they are just the same color as their eyes or in rare cases darker. Marble cats have also adapted a second eyelid, that acts like a camera shutter. This is to protect their eyes during flight. Unlike regular cats, they have horrible night vision. That's where their whiskers and ears come into play. Their whiskers glow due to a chemical reaction called bioluminescence to help them see in the dark and act like radar so they don't bump into anything.They also have specialized paw pads (similar to geckos), so when they climb they will not fall.
Last edited by Andiliion on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 am, edited 10 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Information

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 pm

General Info
Learn basic marble cat behavior

Intro

Do you own one of these little critters and want to know why they do the things they do? Then continue reading and you might learn a thing or two.

Common behavior

People think marble cats are nocturnal creatures, but this is wrong. The cats are actually crepuscular, they come out during the day mostly to feed and at night to breed and explore. During the day marble cats are feeding on their diet of all kinds of nectar and poisonous plants, some of their favorites including foxglove leaves, jasmine berries, and Lily of the Valley. It is not uncommon to see a marble cat at the local hummingbird feeder drinking the sweet water that they love. Marble cats are different when it comes to bath time, because they don't lick themselves like most animals. This is because their tongues are so long its hard to control them, so instead they bathe in dew or in VERY shallow bird baths. They use their tongues not only for eating, but for smelling. They will flick it in and out of their mouths like snakes to taste the air and look for different scents. When it gets dark their whiskers start to glow, allowing them to see where they are going and to attract a mate (there will be more about breeding in the next section). Marble cats are highly attracted to light and shiny objects. So if you want to enjoy the wild cats do not use a bug zapper they will fly into it thinking nothing of it and die. A lot of the time people who have porch lights will hear little taps on their lights, the creatures fly into lights and just keep banging their bodies into them until the light is turned off. No one knows why they do this kind of behavior, we just assume they can't help themselves.

Breeding

During the breeding season (late April - early October) male marble cats orbs and whiskers glow very bright. A marble cat can live without its tail orb but it has less of a chance of getting a mate, they cant however live without their face orbs. Removing them would cause serious damage to the delicate cats causing death. The males also make small decorative nests (similar to bower birds) out of leaves, grass, trash, and of course stolen shiny objects. there are two different types of nests: nest one is similar to a little hut. While nest two is also is similar to a pouch, because unlike nest one they hang from the limbs of trees. The more attractive a males nest is the better chances of him attracting a mate. Females will lay up to four eggs and usually both parents look after them until they hatch. The eggs look like tiny colorful marbles. The eggs are not hard and crisp, but firm and elastic. Cats of different breeds cannot have eggs, they are incompatible.

BREEDING CHART
Himalayan+Oriental= NO
Oriental+Standard=NO
Standard+Himalayan=NO
Standard+Standard=YES
Oriental+Oriental=YES
Himalayan+Himalayan=YES

FAMILY TREES
Rowan's Tree
Colby's tree
Reika's tree
Mocal and Vidette's tree

Parenthood

Some cats don't look after their young and leave as soon as the eggs are laid. Others will stay and take care of them. The cats that leave their eggs before they hatch usually live solitary lives. While the ones that stay and take care of their eggs usually live in clusters with other marble cats.

Kittenhood

Baby marble cats are extremely vulnerable to predators and the elements. If there is no other cats to look after them there mortality rate is much higher than if they were in the protection of a cluster. The kittens are very curious and that often gets them into trouble. When the kits first hatch their whiskers continually glow until they reach a week of age. A marble cat gets its orb when its born, the egg is its orb. The hollow shell will solidify becoming the marble between their tails.

Gender Differences

Male cats have manes while the females don't. Males can have one of three manes: down the back, around the chest, or a combination of the two. The kind of mane really just depends on the testosterone levels of the cat. Manes serve two purposes: to protect the neck in a fight, and to show dominance. Males are larger than the females, but not by much. They are also more aggressive, the size of mane also can tell how aggressive the cat is. Bigger mane = more aggressive cat.Females are usually very docile, unless they are protecting their young then they can become very aggressive and even bite you (and you don't want a poisonous bite from a marble cat, you will become seriously sick).

Breed Differences

-Standard Marble Cats-
standard marble cats are the most common type. They have medium sized fur and average height. They are the most varied type of cat ranging from fluffy manes to short manes on males and almost any color combination. They have round heads, medium sized ears, and large round eyes.

-Oriental Marble Cats-
Oriental cats are not as common as the standard, they are also the most fragile cat. Orientals have larger and thinner bodies than all of the other cats. They have wedge shaped heads and almond eyes with very large ears. Their tails are also longer and thinner than all of the other breeds. Oriental cats have very short fur and the males do not have thick chest manes, they are very short and only go down the back nor do they ever have ear tufts.

-Himilayan Marble Cats-
They himilayan marble cats are the shortest of all cats, but the strongest. They have short stubby legs and tails, small pointy ears and a pudgy face. Himilayans have very long soft fur to protect them in the winter. They are the only cats to stay in the northern parts of the world ex:tundras, canada, northern us states ect... so long as there is food they will be fine. Since these cats are so fluffy, its very hard to tell them apart since there is no distinct mane on the males.Himilayans, like the orientals, do not have ear tufts.
Last edited by Andiliion on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Featured Cats

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Featured Cats
Meet other marble cats and their owners

Koiyote's cat: Tenshi
Koiyote wrote:Tenshi is a very kind Marble Cat. She is young, yes, but still acts rather motherly. She will help those in need and is very patient while doing so. It takes quite a lot to make Tenshi snap, although even she has her limits. After she's gotten irritated or mad, which is not common, she doesn't take it out on anyone. She simply goes off to be by herself for a while. When she comes back, though, she acts as if nothing happened and proceeds to her normal behaviour.

And I'll just say that Tenshi is based off my most loved cat, Rocky. I really love how she came out, and the bell & collar is actually a larger version of the collar Rocky used to wear.
Last edited by Andiliion on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Art
Enjoy some art made by myself and other CS users

Art by:
Featured Art
Art by SilverFeather

Andiliion
Reika
Ecanus

Drizzle
Ecanus & Reika

E_Cat216421
Viska
Nebulae
Nebulae

LunarFox
Urie
Naeshia
Two kitties
Lacie

Flicka
Lacie 1
Lacie 2
Lacie 3
Reika
Cania

PuddingWaffles
Viska
Mizu
Mizu and Ruki
Sunil
Kogamo
Elledae

~Just.Peachy~
Tycho

moonlight_girl
X -have your cat colored in just like this! Send the dog from june, the dark one with a bolloon to moonlight
Reika

Traffic
Eos

Nacho-Taco
Ryku
Adaline, Ryku, and Luvina

Solar Phoenix
X
X
X

BlueAura~
Momo
Loreiko
Ryku
Cat and egg
Ginga
Fauna Liejune

SilverKitsune
Cania

DŔ♡ѠИƐD~ĪИ~ƬĤƐ~ΛßYSS
X

Ardra
Cania

Nefarious
Breeze

Emeralda the dragon
Salitity

Belldandy
Nebulae

Wolf Blood Song
Nebulae

CrimsonCatFish
Kazue

SilverFeather
Rinnkai
Solitaire

tigergirl770
Flux

Alawai
X

Neara
Timantti
Last edited by Andiliion on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Marble Cat Owners

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Owners
All the people who own marble cats

Red means you have reached your marble cat limit
* = special edition cat
# = shared cat
'= former staff
$= fandom cat

Andiliion
~Willow

Reika
Daygan
Astrid
Vanitas
X
X
X

'Shiko Hayashi
Patches101

Bassiano
Ecanus

Hachi
Crevan
x

'moonlight_girl
BuleRuby

Jellie
x

Drizzle
○WᴀᴛᴇʀDʀᴏᴘs○

Koiley
Doodle Buddy

badgeywish
Ardra

Aurore_N~F
E_Cat216421

Flicka
Lunarfox

Victor
Ikuto
Suo
Nicholas

DawnBreeze10210
A Chicken

' .o p t i m i s m.
'Articuno

Ƭнɛ Ĵσκɛя
Soulwish

Bronwyn
Nefarious

Kogamo
Surrex

~Just.Peachy~
Nikki6Ashba

Micki.
~Jazzepi

~Soul~
teashop.

Mordacious
TheBlackRavenn

X

Traffic
Crowsong

Mocal
Tabitha
Rantan

*maniacalmocha*
Mello-chan

The-Silver-Wolf
tigergirl1770

Cain

Paradise Lost
Lemondropkitten

Noah
x

SilverKitsune
thorrissia

Verdi
Koon

'running red panda
Lilybug97

~☼Emeralda☼~
Belldandy

н'ιρ:sтɛʀ
Flowerdust

Altivo

Ashwyn
Nacho-Taco

Vladimir

SilverFeather
Neara

Lee

Stormbird
Bonus

Destiny

Savanna Storm
X
Rayhan
Nikias

TheNightsIllusion
SolarDaemon

Panacea
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

x

Wind song
puddssoul

Jupiter
Amalthea

driftingsakura
*IceTea*

Kazuo
Bae

BlueAura.
i8chichi

Serene

x

Lyncher
foreign.potato

Zen
Arillia
Tox

derpwolf:3
Glomp

Candycorn

Fox-
Angua

Mineral
Sven

flyteck
-3B-

Featherstorm
Kirigiri

Comet

Chasta
Ciel in Wonderland

Kiara

fullmetal ;
Lufsta.

X
Soul
moonswirl
Whispe Star
Shisou

Toxi+Bbun
Winkatuck

Autumn Kisses

AppleCat
○WᴀᴛᴇʀDʀᴏᴘs○

Neot
sprig
Oasis
Terasu

Wolf Blood Song
Chalize
Aven

Nebulae

||John||~||Egbert||
Foster

Tano

Ikrain
Corgie

Passion

TheSoulOfEli
Juliet.

Colby jack
Jace
Asura
Sound
Crona

潮Shio潮
-Christy

Hikari

Princess.a
Serenaded By Angels

Clarisa

Bluepup
happy-stabby

Jenna

Wolves Run Free
Ayramite

Shiver

Featherwolf.
Apple

Votum

PolarAzulTigris
iShame

Chronyanthiou

Swirl ~ Chan
Tempest Rain

Mystic
Ginger
Pyha

Miike
Linneh

Kerouki

DreamerDaWolf
Novie Kenari

Frey
x

Gravity Falls
Auyn

Calypso

animales
Ducky;;

Stratus

PuddingWaffles
Poofycat

Elledae
Finnigin
Paestal

PandaLove<3
Bati

Dark Sky

Kyle
Kida

Ezrah

sugarkitty.
Kite

Aeki

Obelisk
SK:)

X

O l i v e r
○~Discover~○

Lawrence

Moggy
leopardstorm

Earwyn

Ang3l In Wond3rland
Pineanana

Star Drift
Casket
Oregano

Tiger111
tawnypelt3

Asphalt
x

Mihochi
Mango sherbet

Aruki
x
x

boredmoneky127
Charchar2

X

Farrah
Syra

Legend$

Haestine
Tyasi

Joyce

Hoshikuzu
KatieisaPanda

Naruto

Ant0006
LoveWolves815

Ghost

boredmoneky127
Lady Masquerade

Dr.who$

Destiny
DemonChild

Jadrian

Pure Dragon
Peace&Colby

x

Crocigator
Abhorsen

banyan

Modest
England.

Mosquito

。.:*Sησω*.:。
Ninai

Nyx

Berkshire
nightkytty

x

37down
Midnight Tails

x

Ⓧⓔⓛⓘⓐ~
V A A S

Sal Undo

Teeze
薄桜鬼

Maisey

Deadly Nightshade
raven howl

x

Staz
Nikki~Mikki

Raybak

~Sprinkles~
SquiddyPanda

Huckle

Nix Jazz Tempesedo
Pine.

Acer

Bink's Sake
Kaitlynizer

Adios

Amxen no.XV
gum wrapper

Mizu Dansā

Tinx
geefriend45

x
Last edited by Andiliion on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:26 am, edited 221 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extras

Postby Andiliion » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:19 am

Extras
Help yourself to marble cat goodies

Gift Lines

Lines by LOCW_Bluestarwarrior
Lines by Andiliion (me)
Lines by Nefarious
Lines by ~☼Emeralda☼~
Lines by Belldandy
Lines by Soul Evans
Lines by Soul Evans
Lines by Tempest Rain
Lines by ○~Discover~○

Ask Flicka for one

Stamps
If you want a custom stamp of your personal marble cat talk to stormbird
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1236169][img]http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj372/monlight_girl/Marblecatstamp2kopiera-1.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1236169][IMG]http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj372/monlight_girl/Marblecatstamp2kopiera-2.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1236169][IMG]http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj372/monlight_girl/Marblecatstampkopiera.png[/IMG][/url]

-Thanks moonlight_girl for the stamps-

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1236169][IMG]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m583/alr214162/marblestamp_zpsce6b3696.png?t=1375313568[/IMG][/url]

-Stamp by Me-

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1236169][img]http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/cf5f61e23fbd08314b31ddd3d1ea723e.gif[/img][/url]

-thanks ♥MysticalMisty♥-

Stamps for the HQ

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1260244&p=36641059#p36640257][img]http://i.imgur.com/n66dW.gif[/img][/url]

-by stormbird-
Last edited by Andiliion on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 am, edited 19 times in total.
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marbe Cat Headquarters

Postby SilverKitsune » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:49 am

ouo marking

Luffy from One Piece is amazing and Headon from TOG <3333333 ;u;
    P.S Having my account-sat for the event because of lack of internet. (So please do not ban us.)
    Might have bad to no internet connection so I won't be very active D'8 Will be on hiatus

ImageImageImage None of my kiamara's are for trade so please stop asking.
SilverKitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marbe Cat Headquarters

Postby TheSilverfeather » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 am

Marking this thread for later c:
Itsy bitsy spider...