Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

♕ ⊱── 004. [october explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:17 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxCATS OF THE DESERT!!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 6 (349/800XP)
new level stats ➔ level 6 (411/800) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    if there were angels with celestial beings in their curls and stars in their step - were they watching now? alluring as ever as they traced a blueprint of magic and mystery across the canvas of constellations above.

and from there the starry angels descended, their halos in a beautiful mess as they breathed the kiss of moonlight upon curls of lavender and lilac. as they plummeted, their blessings falling like dew and crisp rain.
    (+1 star’s greeting, +1exp)

a pretty freckle of laughter fabricated by the finest of velvets and the hiss of a dwindling comet, whistled like a mockingbird whose feathers had fallen upon flora anad fauna. her laughter softly cooing as lavender tresses kissed dewy lemon hues swollen with the withering touch of winter.
    (+2 celandine, +1 hawkweed)

“opalflight? you done messing with the flowers?” and together, their laughter adorned the twilight zephrys softly falling. softly breathing. soft-
    “look- a dunnart!” if it wasn’t for the melodic scuttle of the ashen souls, she would’ve charted the constellations in her gaze and the stars in her stare.
    but a competition has to be won.
    “i’m going to catch it!”
    “we’ll see about that!”
    (+2fp [dunnart], +2exp)

opalflight was right.
    the petals of blushing roses were smeared across the glisten of her fangs as a gentle grin bejewelled her features. triumphant.

til she wasn’t.
    (oh no! </3 a patrol of rogues have been caught trespassing! does opalflight and emberstorm confront or ignore them?)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 15 expxxfood exp ✧ 02 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 expxxherb exp ✧ 03 exp---
event exp ✧ 01 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp yes/no xxtotal exp ✧ 62 exp

fp earned ✧ +2fp─
items earned ✧ +1
• +star's greeting ─
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +1
• +2 celandine ──
• +1 hawkweed──
• [n/a herb earned]
user ✧ ✧ ✧ whovian5eva
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby elliott. » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:41 pm

level one [148/200] last explore last response prey/predator list death: yes

xxxDespite Tinypebble letting the skunk go, most of the irritation was dissipated quickly as the patrol dispersed to continue what they originally went after, hoping that the skunk smell didn't drive away most of the prey in the area and only the predators. Luckily, Cloudbelly managed to catch a few pieces of prey and find an herb after being sent away alone by Root for snapping at Tiny, which boosted the morale of the patrol by a bunch.

While Cloudbelly was nibbling on the stalk of a patch of rush to take back to her mother, she couldn't help but shake the feeling of eyes on her, and her fur prickled near her spine. Trying to stay concealed, her nose twitched as she try to sneakily smell the air, and her tail only raised when she could scent another cat. Her head turned towards the scent, and her ears pricked in slight alarm as she took a step back. She wasn't a cave-guard, but she could fight if she had to. Plus, one small noise and her family would rush to her aid, she knew it.

"Who are you?' She questioned, trying to keep her voice stern although it shook a little bit. She hadn't really faced anything that could actually harm her, and so she was definitely keeping her guard up. When in doubt, she'd run instead of fight.

Thankfully, the cats of the patrol had already smelled the newcomer, and therefore emerged from the bushes behind her. Tinypebble stood the closest to her sister, her pelt brushing hers as she kept the confidence that Cloudbelly had slowly lost at the sight of the other cat. Frost and Root flanked the younger cats, their faces like stone.

The new cat kept calm though, simply dipping her head in respect. "Hello stranger, I'm looking for my friend, have you seen a cat with a white tipped tail and blue eyes around here? We've been traveling all night and they seem to have wandered too far away. Can you help me find him?"

The cats shared a curious and concerned look with each other, passing the question around each other before all collectively looking at Root. Although Frost had called the patrol, Root ranked higher, and he was also in charge of foreign affairs. Seeing as they didn't know this cat or their friend, it seemed like this was a foreign affair.

The orange and white tom turned and looked at the calico with his mismatched eyes, slightly standing down but not too much. "We haven't seen them, no, but we'd like to help. I'll stay here with you while my Tribemates go out and look for him. What's your name? What's his name?" He questioned.

While he stayed with the newcomer, he flicked his tail-tip, passing a glance to the other cats on the patrol to send them off on the new task. Despite the calico not seeming like much of a threat, the three still stayed together, sniffing along the underbrush of the redwood forest for any unfamiliar scents that didn't match predator, prey or the calico standing with Root a few fox-lengths back.

xx
tl;dr The patrol decides to help the unfamiliar calico, with Root standing with her and Tinypebble, Cloudbelly and Frost going off to search for her missing friend.

cats on patrol
FROST| SHE/HER| HP 100% | SICK: N
ROOT| HE/HIM | HP 100% | SICK: N
TINYPEBBLE| SHE/HER | HP 100% | SICK: N
CLOUDBELLY | SHE/HER | HP 100% | SICK: N

active quests:
n/a
items used:
n/a
inventory:
scraps | 1 FP | x 2
fish | 2 FP | x 2
chipmunk | 2 FP | x 1

wild garlic | prevent infections | x 1
rush | bind broken bones | x 1
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ 14 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:35 pm

EXPLORE TITLE: ~ 06 • Explore ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CATS OF THE DESERT

Last Explore Post|Last Response Received

A note about the Emberstorm (and now Opalflight) in this explore: She's an ancient cat and lived long before the cats that live in Craterclan. Eventually either will die in explore and become the main face of Craterclan's Starclan. But for the moment she is separated from the modern cats. She is specifically Blossomheart's ancestor in terms of bloodlines.

○ ● ◉ ● ○
"Cmon Littlepaw, Finch! It's not far now!"
The dusty smells of this weird tunnel filled Littlepaw’s nose… They were no longer damp and muddy like when they’d entered in the forest. They’d grown dry and dusty. The only light in the tunnel was two glowing nostrils, Finch’s friend was a small flightless dragon. His name was Zip, and Finch had found him as an egg and raised him from there. Finch was still only a young cat, about Littlepaw’s age, and Zip wasn’t much younger.
whoosh.
As Zip sneezed, a small flame flashed, seeming particularly bright in the dark cave.
Littlepaw flinched, she still wasn’t used to Zip’s trick.

Fennel winced too, he’d heard many a story about clans being met by horrible flame, he was kinda glad that Zip was going somewhere where the plants were sparse enough that he couldn’t cause too much damage.

They’d been in the cave so long that Littlepaw wasn’t sure how long they’d been in the cave before she saw a faint light at the end. “Fennel! We’ve made it! We’re finally out the other side!”
Fennel laughed as Littlepaw bolted past him to the entrance of the tunnel. Finch playfully followed behind her, with Zip on his back.
“Be careful you two” Fennel called.
“We will!” Littlepaw called.
“Woah! Its so red! and the sky is so blue!” Finch called, the sun heating the fur on his back. Zip rolled about on his back soaking in the desert sun. The excitement of their new life began to build within the two of them, the adventures that would await them!
Littlepaw turned around to say farewell to Fennel, and even the tunnel they had just come from, was gone!
The two apprentices stared at eachother in shock!
“Where did he-” Finch began.
“I think a better question is, where are we…” Littlepaw pointed out.
“Isn’t this your home?”
“I think this is my crater, but… I dont know where in the crater we are…”

It felt as though they had been walking for moons, before Littlepaw saw it. “Is that…” She squinted in the distance. Finch giggled as Zip followed suit squinting over his shoulder.
“I think that’s the Great Gum! I know where we are!!” despite her low energy Littlepaw broke into a run!
She was right, it was the Great Gum, and soon, she would be home.

Many moons had passed, Clayfreckle arrived and Blossomheart fell head over heels for him, his sweet caring nature and they both shared an interes in healing over fighting. He often found himself in the medicine den helping Blossomheart with organising her herbs and such.

Cinderglow explained to the clan that maybe they didn't go by he but it all seemed to change so he suggested maybe everyone stick to they while they figure themselves out… with time they were also slowly learning to cope with the flashbacks, and with time and the support from Blossomheart, things were getting better.
At last! Finch and Littlepaw returned. “Littlepaw! Is that you?!” Windgaze exclaimed. “I thought you were goint to be away forever! I’m so glad to have you home!” Windgaze bounded over to Littlepaw, tears of relief welling in both of their eyes. The two cats curled themselves around each other, delighted to see eachother again.
Finch smiled as his friend finally found her family, a small grief hiding away in his heart, he hadn’t known his family and Zip was the closest to a brother that he had. He longed for a parent, someone to keep him safe on those cold thundering nights…
“Who’s this friend?” Windgaze inquired.
“His name is Finch and this is Zip!”

○ ● ◉ ● ○
═ ═══ ═
Emberstorm’s fur bristled, these rogues knew they were trespassing. The way they proudly pranced across her plains. It was going to be winter soon, and her and Opalfight were finding it hard to feed themselves, she couldn’t bear the thought of Opalflight going hungry. “Opalflight, we can’t just let them walk all over us, I won’t let them take even a single meal from you!” Emberstom steeled herself for a fight.
“Emberstorm… I appreciate that, so very much, but I wonder if they’d be more receptive to just a request to leave, we can stand up for ourselves, but I don’t want to throw the first claw” Opalflight’s soft pleading gaze warmed Emberstorm’s heart. “I promise I won’t throw the first claw, but if a single one dares to lay a claw on you, they’ll have to answer for it.”
(Emberstorm and Opalflight would like to confront the rogues)

═ ═══ ═
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
754 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
═ ═══ ═

ImageImage
╔═══════════════════════╗
CATS ON PATROL
Emberstorm |she/her | HP 97% | HUP 70% | Sick: N
Opalflight |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
╚═══════════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╚════════════════╝
╔════════════════╗
LEVEL 6
411/800 EXP
╚════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗
DEATH OPT IN LINK
X
╚════════════════╝
╔════════════════╗
ACTIVE QUESTS
N/A
╚════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗
INVENTORY
▉PREY:▉
scraps | 1FP | x5
bugs | 1FP | x5
dunnart | 2FP | x4
plains mouse | 2FP | x2
bearded dragon | 3FP | x2
desert skink | 3FP | x1
bush stone curlew | 4FP | x1
wallaby | 5FP | x2
HERBS:
blackberry leaves | x1
borage leaves | x2
bright eye | x1
broom | x1
burdock root | x1
burnet | x1
catmint | x2
celandine | x2
chamomile | x1
coltsfoot | x1
daisy leaves | x2
fennel | x1
hawkweed | x1
horsetail | x1
mallow leaves | x1
ragwort leaves | x1
ragwort | x2
rush | x1
stick | x1
stinging nettle | x1
╚════════════════╝
╔════════════════╗
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE

N/A

╚════════════════╝
Last edited by Whovian5EVA on Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

008 • shoreclan

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:09 am

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 ♥︎ ArchiveLast Explore Post | Last Response Received • [ 132 words ]
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Tempestslash stared into the loner's cold gaze, the lone cat's pelt barely clinging to her skeleton-like body. Various scars covered her, wounds from a different time. And yet she seemed relatively unharmed, and it seemed like she could hunt for herself. On their territory, of all places!

Despite the anger stirring inside of her chest, she decided to offer the loner a small kindness. "Leaf-bare is here now, so take this prey and make it last. Remember to take care of yourself... and we better not see you in our territory again," Tempestslash warned.

She pulls one of the fish from the pile that the loner had evidentially caught. A trout, plump enough to feed two cats or fill one cat's belly twice. It was a meager offering, but it was enough. (-1 trout, no FP used)

(The patrol has decided to let the loner go.)
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

-- cats on patrol
Tempestslash | she/her | HP 95% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Embersnow | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Hydrangeawave | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Fogspark | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
-- level 5
experience: 15/650
predators/prey & yes to death
active quests: none
-- items in inventory used
1 trout for the loner
-- prey inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
minnow | 1 FP | x3
mouse | 1 FP | x2
quail | 3 FP | x4
rabbit | 4 FP | x5
salmon | 2 FP | x3
scraps | 1 FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x1
squirrel | 3 FP | x1
trout | 2 FP | x4
-- herb inventory
alder bark | x2
bindweed | x1
borage | x2
broom | x1
burnet | x1
cobweb | x2
coltsfoot | x1
deadly nightshade | x1
deathberries | x1
holly berries | x1
lovage | x2
marigold | x1
mint | x1
rush | x2
sorrel | x1
stinging nettle | x1
tansy | x2
water hemlock | x1
wild garlic | x1
willow bark | x1
yarrow | x1
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0224.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:14 am

TRIBE OF FORGOTTEN PAST !!
    xelliott. archive last post

“Oh! I’m Furzetuft!” Her smile lifted, one side tugging higher than the other. Almost… sheepish. With a flick of her tail, she retreated under the shade of an ancient sequoia tree. Her paws traced the whorls etched into the russet bark, a chuckle on her lips. “As for my friend… I couldn’t tell you his name. Truth is, he never really mentioned it.”

Her gaze lifted, the soft gold shine steady on his.

“We met at some ancient cave, recently. I was dropping off supplies for another friend of mine and well, he was there.” Her paws drifted to the tree’s roots, tapping a low beat against the thick cords. “He said he… was looking for a home. He had a dream about some distant place. A place that━”

And like a gentle lullaby snatched from the breeze, her voice halted.

Root frowned, easing forward. “Is something wrong?”

A little frown creased her brows, although it smoothed, replaced with a tilt of her head. “No, no… I don’t think so. But if it were still alive, we might have had a situation on our paws! Here, take a look.”

And cradled in between the roots and a cluster of leaflets was a broken form. A form of ebony wings and claws like razors; a king who once ruled the skies. Only now, it returned to where all beings, mighty or humble, rested in their final moments. The earth. Solid and impartial to all creatures, including an eagle with broken wings. (+5FP eagle, +1 blackberry leaves, +1 willow bark, +1 wintergreen)

He nodded. “It’s a good find. Perhaps━”

“Root!” Cloudbelly. “We found him! The stranger’s friend!”

A blur of pale curls burst from the bushes, sending an explosion of leaves and twigs scattering in every direction. And there, standing before him, her lop-sided grin grew, revealing the tiny fang peeking from one side of her jaws. A scratch marred the side of her stomach, no doubt from her… blunder through the bushes. (-5% health for cloudbelly ━ she may continue patrolling without herbs or rest!)

But the scratch didn’t slow her down. Not one bit.

“We found him.” Through deep pants, she gestured in the general direction she’d arrived from. “Tinypebble and Frost are with him, now. He…” Her voice settled into a low hush and she leaned close to his ear, casting a glance towards Furzetuft. “He’s injured. Do you think we should… offer him aid?”

The patrol found Furzetuft's friend! Unfortunately, he appears injured and in need of
    one herb (any type) to heal! Does the patrol aid him or send the two on their way?

xx

────────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (hup) (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ frost (10% hunger), root (10% hunger)
        xx.xtinypebble (10% hunger), cloudbelly (10% hunger)

✦ health (hp) stats
        xx↳ cloudbelly (95% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +70XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+10XP for prey, +6XP for herbs
        ││
        ││
        ✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +5FP eagle
        xx.x+1 blackberry leaves, +1 willow bark, +1 wintergreen

✦ item finds
        xx↳ n/a

✦ levels
        xx↳ +106XP → level 1 (254/200XP) → level 2 (54/300XP)

congrats! you've reached level two & earned an additional +1FP (your choice), + 1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
      xxxx
      xxxx✦ notes; ahh, hello! i hope you’re doing well! i honestly really vibe with your coding ━ the minimalist style is so serene <33

xxxxjust a few little things (they’re very easily missed, so dw <3); make sure to sneak a word count + your patrol’s hunger
      xxxxstats (acronym: hup) into your explore post! everything else looks perfect, but lmk if you have any questions at all ^^

────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:00 pm

level two [54/300] last explore last response prey/predator list death: yes

xxx"Nice to meet you, Furzetuft. I'm Root that Stretches over Stone, the Alpha of our tribe. You can call me Root to make it easier," he added, flicking an ear. While he didn't seem to want to fully converse with the calico, he did seem intrigued. Where did she come from? Where was she going? How long had she really been on the tribe's territory without them noticing? "As for your friend, that's okay. I'm sure my cats will find him. Tinypebble and Cloudbelly, the sisters, they're some of the best prey-hunters that we have. If anyone can sniff him out, it's them." He reassured.

His ears pricked high on his head when her voice suddenly stopped, tilting his head. At the reveal of the deceased eagle, he nodded in almost appreciation. With the sudden halt of the hunting patrol, the eagle was a good find to bring back. It would feed quite a few cats, especially along with what the patrol had found beforehand.

At the call of his name, the great Alpha's head turned to glance at Cloudbelly, brow furrowing a bit at the cut on her side. At the reveal that he was injured, his lips turned down slightly. As much as he wanted to say that all of their supplies should be kept to the tribe, especially with the conditions of leaf-bare, Furzetuft had also found the herbs and eagle sitting at his paws, and she seemed kind enough. Plus, it would just be morally wrong of him to deny a cat in need.

"We can help. Furzetuft here just uncovered this wintergreen, it should patch him up well enough for them to move on and be able to get some nice rest." Root informed, his voice determined and stern. It was almost impossible to not see why he had been chosen for his position.

The tom reached down to place his teeth on the stem of the herb, pulling up what he assumed would be enough for Frost to heal the tom. "Come on, Furzetuft. Let's go to your friend. My sister can heal him, just like she heals our cats." He soothed, before dipping his head to his niece. "Let's go, Cloudbelly, and quickly." He instructed.

Cloudbelly nodded, before turning and making her way back through the brush. Root followed behind carefully, not wanting to end up injured like the prey-hunter in front of him. Every once in a while, he turned to spare a glance to Furzetuft, making sure she didn't get lost in the underbrush. The tribe had gotten used to the dense underground in their time inside the redwood forest, but he didn't know if she was.

Once they arrived to where Frost, Tinypebble and Furzetuft's friend were, he immediately took lead again, dropping the wintergreen at the feet of the Stoneteller. "We heard he was injured. Use this, and heal him quick. The sun will be setting soon, and our new friends will need sunlight to find their way off the territory once they are able to move."

With that, Frost nodded, immediately starting to work on healing the wounds of the injured tom. Cloudbelly, Tinypebble and Root stood back to let the she-cat work, although Root kept close to Furzetuft, just in case.
xx
tl;dr Root makes the decision to let Frost heal Furzetuft's friend, providing the healer with one wintergreen that Furzetuft formerly found. [-1 wintergreen]

word count 544 words

notes for my level up, i chose cobwebs and scraps for my herb + fp!
also updated my form! sorry, about that!

cats on patrol
FROST| SHE/HER | HUP 10% | HP 100% | SICK: N
ROOT| HE/HIM | HUP 10% | HP 100% | SICK: N
TINYPEBBLE| SHE/HER | HUP 10% | HP 100% | SICK: N
CLOUDBELLY| SHE/HER | HUP 10% | HP 95% | SICK: N

active quests:
n/a
items used:
- wintergreen | heals wounds + some poisons | 1x
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 005. [october explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:27 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxCLAN OF THE WHISPERING LIGHT!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (083/100XP)
new level stats ➔ level 2 (078/300) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    it was like they were eternally lost in a delusional haze, one crisp with dreams and constellations by the pocketful. all around them, faint kisses of fluttering blithe auras have been breathed to life, embodied in larks poisoned with the pale shimmer of lilies.

and in the beautiful mess of their inky thoughts, a little chime shone beyond them all.
    maybe… maybe i can hear herbs!

"cloudpaw?" and his voice, it was a wedding bell chime bejewelled in countless angelic drafts. a spiral of endless glistening freckles, pirouetting to the listless nuance of a dreamy melody as familiar starry eyes fluttered to theirs. "clo-"

"o-oh yeah… yeah?" a nervous chuckle bloomed ever-so delicately upon their lips. "sorry, fallwing… i was just a little distracted."

"starclan… i swear you have a head filled with butterflies. millions of them."

“you guys can go if you want!” curls ruffled as an alluring chill swept over the meadows of constellations and starry flakes beyond, their gesture was vague as their little paws streaked the crystalline serenity of reality. “i’m trying to find herbs!”

a gnarled chuckle ravished with chuffs and soft rasps was a scale stolen from the seas and embellished into reality. fleeting but there, as sandflare shook their head. “it takes practice, y’know.” the crown of their head furrowed a little. “but by all means, go ahead.”

and they were alone - with nothing but the faint wisps of starry flakes dancing above their head.

turns out… hearing herbs was much harder than they anticipated.
    bewitching the hush, a soft chuff mirroring the hunter’s fluttered upon their lips. disappointed. i should find the others.
    and almost as if on cue… starry eyes flutterered to his. fallwing? “fallwing! i can’t believe i found you so-”

but those starry eyes… they weren’t familiar.
    “who are you?”

as if startled, those starry eyes widened, with sunshine and flora tresses devouring the shadows as the stranger stepped from the cooing darkness.
    “i-i’m furzetuft.” enthralling the delusional haze, her smile seemed almost… enchanting. “i’m sorry to startle you but i’m in desperate need of a favour.”

her starry gaze was pleading as ivory talons tickled moth eaten pages.

"i've been following this treasure map and i'm really lost." she faltered, cheeks rosy with the barest hint of discomfort. "is there any food or herbs you and your friends can spare?"
    (furzetuft has arrived <3 it seems like she got lost while following a treasure map and is requesting 2fp or 2 herbs [of any kind] )

"my friends?"

"yeah! i think i caught their scent a little while back…" she paused. "would you like me to show you where they are?"
    "y-yeah, that would be nice." and like they were lost in a labyrinth of daydreams… there they were.

"fallwing!" familiar, starry eyes fluttered to theirs - serene as the descent of willowy twigs.
    "ah, there you are cloudpaw." he grinned a little, a glint of humor and exhilaration adorned his eyes. “starclan has blessed us today… a rabbit and a mouse."
    (+4fp [rabbit], +2fp [mouse], +6exp)

fallwing frowned a little. “no luck with hearing herbs?"
    "no luck." a sigh radiated from the blossom of their lips. "i found someone though! her name is furzetuft and she needs a favor…"

note: you levelled up (0 -> 1 -> 2) <3 you earned +1fp, +1fp and herb [of your choice], +1 common edit, +50sd!
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 50 expxxfood exp ✧ 06 exp---
added exp ✧ 229expxxherb exp ✧ 00 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no xxtotal exp ✧ 295exp

fp earned ✧ +6fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
user ✧ ✧ alpha snowdust
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0225.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:27 pm

CATS OF THE DESERT !!
    xxxwhovian5eva clan archive last post

They emerged from nowhere.

A trio of bandits slinking through spinifex and slithering from behind gum trees ━ a poison bleeding through the ink of the night. The landscape, the dunes, the winds… a home so deeply familiar in her bones turned foreign. Unrecognizable.

Heart a low thrum in her chest, she stood her ground. Her claws unsheathed, poised, yet hidden beneath the cool sands. She wouldn’t provoke a fight; a promise she vowed to keep. And although Opalflight’s shoulder brushed against hers, a reassuring warmth ━ she didn’t miss the tremor in her gentle friend’s stance.

But the demons waltzed.

Demons taking the form of skeletal felines with gnashing fangs and snaking spools of saliva. Fragments of bones hung from their jaws, the last of the fall’s harvest. As they approached, the bandits tossed their bones aside. Only the faint traces of prey remained on those ivory shards; precious scraps beneath their notice. (+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1 chamomile)

“Emberst━”

A flurry of sand exploded beside her, snatching the reassuring weight from her shoulder. Opalflight. She spun, but before her, the trio of bandits remained, grinning. How…?

From behind. They’d been attacked from behind━

A force collided into her, knocking her off her paws. She rolled, slipping beneath parted fangs and struck blindly. It connected. Scarlet spilled, falling like fresh rain across her cheeks, but she regained her stance. She snapped at the nearest, then pivoted, a warning growl rumbling from her throat.

She couldn’t see. Couldn’t see her friend, not amidst these three bandits surrounding her like a thick barrier of smoke. Jaw tight, she aimed a strike at a rogue inching too close. “Enough. We can fight this out, but my friend… leave her out of this.”

Opalflight. Where was she?

“... leave ‘em. They've nothing of use.” Orders. Issued by… a fourth. The one who’d attacked━ “The other one was kind ‘nough to tell me so. Shoulda said so earlier ─ might have avoided all this.”

Her blood ran cold.

“But g’evening, ladies.” In a twist of shadows, a form stood next to her. Eyes bloodshot and hooded, he donned a twisted smile, a gnarled ugly thing. “We’ll take our leave now… nice of ya to let us wander 'round.”

The pillars of shadows twisted around her, falling back. (rogues have left!)

And there, a fallen form rested. Her soft, pale curls dampened, the sand smearing her face crimson against the breaking dawn. Her stomach turned as the stench of copper hit her.

Tainting her friend's familiar, sweet scent. (-20% health for opalflight ━ see below! </3)

The rogues have injured Opalflight! She requires one herb (any type) to prevent
    further health loss ─ each post she goes unhealed will result in -10% health!

Emberstorm has also lost -10% health from not eating for awhile; make sure
    to keep your patrol's hunger below 60% to avoid this <3

xx

──────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ emberstorm (80% hunger), opalflight (40% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ emberstorm (87% health), opalflight (80% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +90XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+4XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +10XP for skirmish
        │││
        │││
        ✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +1FP scraps, +1FP scraps, +1 chamomile

✦ item finds
        xx↳ n/a

✦ levels
        xx↳ +126XP → level 6 (537/800XP)

xxxx✦ notes; n/a, but lmk if you have any questions at all! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dinolil1 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:34 pm

The Ruin Clowder
Last Explore Post: N/A | Last Response Received: N/A

Smokey wasn't quite sure what to make of his new companions. They were an odd-bunch, but he supposed that was fitting for him. An oddball in charge of fellow oddballs. Jaws cracking a tremendous yawn, the blue-grey tom staggered to his paws and hopped down onto an old branch that rose, jagged and toothlike, against a bright summer's sky. ''Morning, everyone.'' Smokey grunted, looking around as they unfurled themselves, emerging out of their nests - some more enthusastically than others, a pale ginger tom approaching him rapidly, trotting cheerfully up to him with a sunny smile on his face. His name was Coffee, Carat or Caracal? Smokey tried to recall, scrunching his face in thought - the name just in his pheriphery.

''Sir Carrot reporting for duty!''

Ah, that was it then. ''Thank you, Carrot.'' He hummed placidly, ears swivelling as he heard a tom snigger. That one was viewed far less favourably. Carrot could be scatter-brained and overenthusiastic, but Smokey thought it far more welcome to Haven's snark. The tom always seemed to have the last word, one way or another. ''I appreciate that.'' Smokey huffed, glaring stonily at Haven, tail tapping out a furious beat against the stone.

''What's got your whiskers into a twist?'' Haven replied in a sing-song tone, strange irises swimming in his pupils. No matter how often he focused, he couldn't quite get them to look in one direction. ''Especially on such a fine day! I really like having my paws frozen off.'' Haven sniffed, shaking a damp paw out. The grass shimmered with frost, the warmth of the sun not yet dispelling a chill from the earth. It had been a cold night, Haven mused ruefully, a far-cry from the warm hay that he'd been used to. Shame, then that he'd to run for his life. Ears twitching, the bicolour tom looked up as a scarred silver-furred cat sat down next to him. It was a neighbour that Haven was happy for, giving them a chirpy smile. ''Hey, come to listen to Smokey's lecture this fine morning?'' Sniggering, he turned back to stare at Smokey, ears pinned flat against his skull. ''It's sure a riot!''

''Now listen here, you pie-!''

''You should listen to him.'' Replied the scarred moggy, tail coiling around their paws as they lifted their chin. Bluebell was Haven's friend, sure, and that included being his voice of reason more often than not. ''Might learn a thing or two about this place - and then you can stop padding after me.'' Bluebell huffed, ears pricked sharply as Haven scoffed loudly. ''I know you're sulking, but I worry about you sometimes, if you can't remember where the cli-'' ''Alright, alright - I get it!'' Haven interrupted, Bluebell's jaws clicking shut as they shook their head solemnly. They'd not let themselves be cowed by their friend's pouting. ''Come on, we can hunt after-wards and then you can carry on telling me your...saga.'' Bluebell sighed softly, pressing against Haven's shoulder. ''It was getting to the good bit. I can't wait to hear more.'' They smiled calmly, nudging Haven gently.

''I guess...'' Haven grumbled, rolling his eyes. ''He could still lighten up.''

A new voice entered the fray, a fluffy tabby hopping down to join Smokey. ''You're still here?'' She fixed her friend a withering look, before falling away to scrutinising a distant horizon. Feather's eyes trembled in their sockets, the fluffy cat looking disturbed for a split moment. A hush fell upon the gathered crowd of cats - not even Haven daring to interrupt the she-cat - it wasn't a secret that out of all of them, Feather was the oddest. There always seemed to be something in her periphery, something more than a mere bug, a shadow, a row of dog-like teeth and the feeling of dread. When at last, Feather turned to the gathered crowd, she spoke hushedly. ''It's nothing.'' Feather hoped it wasn't anything at least. After-all, otherworldly beings always had a flair fromt he dramatic and Feather could not hope to decipher all of their inane ramblings. ''Get going. We haven't got all day, and you lot should be back before dark.'' Feather sniffed, turning to Bluebell as the scarred cat spoke, eyes flashing in the summer sun.

''The dark.'' Bluebell snorted faintly, shaking their head. ''You've told us from day one...but why? What is there to fear in the dark?'' After-all, they'd been taught that cats were nightwalkers just as much as anything else. After-all, the shadows were what gave them stealth; And besides, when one was blind like Bluebell, there wasn't much distinction between the dark of day or night. ''Have you...seen something, Feather?'' Bluebell murmured softly, head tilting thoughtfully. Ghosts and things that went bump in the night, Bluebell would have to be lying to claim that they weren't so awfully fascinated, leaning forward to listen to Feather. ''You're always so coy about these visions...I almost doubt you have them at all, Feather.'' Yet, Bluebell couldn't deny that she'd heard each and all of them unfurl. There was always a strange howling from inland, far too beast to be a simple trick of the churning sea. Besides, she'd heard strange sounds from the tower too - and the whimpering of her companions suggested they'd seen something more than mere shadow or fox. ''Why are you so secretive about it anyway?'' Bluebell hummed softly, ears twitching.

''Bluebell!'' Smokey hissed warningly, hackles bristling. ''Don't be so nosy!''

A cool glare from Feather quietened the defensive tom, the grey tabby slowly trotting up to Bluebell. The air crackled with tension, as she stalked towards Bluebell, nose to nose with the scarred molly. The sunlight caught on her silvery whiskers, dripping with ire as she snorted faintly. ''Wouldn't you like to know, Bluebell?'' Feather snorted, tapping her nose with an outstretched paw. ''Just go on patrol, I expect to see you back before dark.'' She sighed, shaking her head gravely as she turned to stare at the cresting hilltops. Something in the scrubby-grasses caught her attention, a minute twitch of an ear, a faint chatter from the back of her throat as she turned to stare at its passing. ''Unless you think you can hold your own against-'' Feather froze, the tips of her ears chilled. ''-Yeah, it's not pleasant to say the least...have you been living under a rock?''

''For crying out-loud.'' Haven grumbled, tail lashing. ''You haven't even said anything.''

Smokey nudged Haven's shoulder with a paw, grunting at him to get a move on. ''Budge it. You heard the lady.'' The shaggy tom wasn't looking to compete with the forces of nature, but if that was what Haven willed...then so be it. It was no sweat off his back if the tom was found clattering half-way down a stream, or simply vanished into thin air. Besides, he was starving and didn't particularly want to hang around chatting for any-longer. ''The mice will be half-way into their burrows if we just stand around like this.'' Honestly, what was even his problem? A warning was a warning, what sense was there in arguing against it? ''Just be careful, you hear me.''

[ 1191 words ]

5 cats on patrol
Smokey | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Feather | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Bluebell | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Carrot | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Haven | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N

-- custom predators / prey
if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here!
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
No
-- inventory
Beetle | 1 FP | x0
Shrew | 2 FP | x0
Mouse | 2 FP | x0
Mole | 3 FP | x0
Rat | 3 FP | x0
Rabbit | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
Last edited by Dinolil1 on Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

I believe that you are purrfect!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dinolil1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me