GH Litter Discussion 2021

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion 2021

Postby lotusmoon9 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:17 pm

catmother456 wrote:Go lotusmoon9! Go DrinaLestrange! Great job guessing right!

And ZEL’s kitty blossomed into this beauty!

I believe she is a Hawaiian Anthurium.

thank you catmother and lucky :D i loved reading the indepth analysis from catmother, collecting all the clues in one place :) and luckys was a lot of fun to guess! (nice naming too :) ) everyone elses kittys too, guessing and then hearing about backstories is so much fun!
Also zels kitty that grew today, so beautiful! and an unexpected twist and surprise that i loved....the flamingo flower=anthurium link is awesome! :D

Overall a really wonderful litter!!!
so far name wise we have aloy, myra and taji right, any other names? :)
would love the story behind swishys and also what the symbol on eagles eyes kitty means (i think someone mentioned its kanji?) and if wobuffets kitty has a name too :D
(sorry if this info is already there in the thread, i may have missed it :))

loved the colours chosen this time too, although the kitties always turn out nice whatever the chosen colour combo is lol, i have all the gh kitties except two from a couple of years ago :D

I wish we could add notes or something to pets at times too, id copy paste everyones backstory/info /inspo :D :D

"I'm the one I should love in this world." ~ Epiphany by Kim Seokjin

lotusmoon9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alyssa99 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:11 am

catmother456 wrote:Go lotusmoon9! Go DrinaLestrange! Great job guessing right!

And ZEL’s kitty blossomed into this beauty!

I believe she is a Hawaiian Anthurium.

What a coincidence! I just came back from my vacation in Florida and I saw a whole bunch of those there! Took one home with me as a souvenir too (it’s literally sitting on my dresser rn)! Okay, this is my favorite kitty now because it will remind me of that trip!
I miss you, puppy
Pet's name: Honey
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Pet's name: Sasha

My Kiuii (thanks skwigler!): Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3952717
Support CDH Awareness! Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! I hate myself for adopting this off account *cries*
Alyssa99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:44 am

Someone got too far ahead of themselves. There is a kitty in the archives that has not been claimed yet. Traditionally, none of the staff pets are placed in the archives until they have been claimed. Said kitty has not, even though there are 2 GH left to claim their pet.
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:58 am

Windi_1 wrote:Someone got too far ahead of themselves. There is a kitty in the archives that has not been claimed yet. Traditionally, none of the staff pets are placed in the archives until they have been claimed. Said kitty has not, even though there are 2 GH left to claim their pet.

The cat that was added has been placed in the archive without a name, which is a suitable compromise between claims and making things easier on both the users needing the outcome and the archivist having to keep track of the growths.
If a pet has gone for a while without a claim it tends to get a bit bothersome with archiving, hence the change^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:10 pm

@lotusmoon9 - Wobbuffet’s cat is named Mario after the magic shop owner in Wobb’s favorite movie, Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.

I’m just reposting my guesses on the last 2 cats.

catmother456 wrote:Thanks for such a cute kitty! I forgot to check when Taji grew. But that is awesome that the Alicanto was the right mythology, and your kitty definitely fits with it perfectly. I think if someone hadn’t said that this kitty reminded them of a griffin and you saying your kitty wasn’t a griffin, I may have actually picked the right kitty when I saw the Alicanto was a bird. I kept thinking your kitty was a griffin and griffins didn’t fit your hints 😆

And that leaves 2 outcomes and 2 artists - Eagle’s Eye and Swishy!

Image Image

I believe the first one is Eagle’s Eye and the second is Swishy’s.

@Sarluna is not on right now, but had a great theory about why the second one is Swishy’s -

“ Feel like this one if from swishy since EYES are mentioned a lot in scenes and comments plus the coloration of the ones that's open looks rather similar to the wisps in the scenes.
Since it's resembling a moth they also live in the dark and are up at night. Which would also explain the eye color.”

I agree and that is why I/we believe the second kitty is Swishy’s.

And, as with Swishy’s first outcome

They both have hearts in their designs.

edit:
And in reference to the group Greatest Treasures, most the dress-ups had wings and some had references to mythology (not sure about Spork’s mythology but it’s a cute dressup). It made me wonder about how it could tie into the moth outcome, and came up with this -

Antheraea polyphemus, the Polyphemus moth, is a North American member of the family Saturniidae, the giant silk moths. The most notable feature of the moth is its large, purplish eyespots on its two hindwings. The eyespots give it its name – from the Greek myth of the cyclops Polyphemus.

Polyphemus of Greek mythology was a terrible cyclopean creature that enjoyed feasting on men. In the world of insects, Polyphemus is the name given to one of our largest moths that has not one eye, but four on its wings. These are not true eyes like the compound eyes on the head of Polyphemus.

So maybe Swishy’s kitty inspiration is based on the Polyphemus moth. Or not. But it was definitely interesting to read.

I believe the first one is Eagle’s Eye due to the fact that it is not a PPS, and not a cupcake, and also the tail shading reminds me of Eagle’s outcome from 2019, This one also has a nice scene of flowers in a field on a windy day. Eagle’s previous outcomes have scenes, too.

Image Image Image

So I do believe that the first kitty belongs to Eagle’s Eye.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:26 am

Okay, now that I'm having a rare non-tired moment lemme post properly haha.
I'm really glad to hear y'all like my kitty! @ticklekid that's such a cool coincidence, makes me happy to know you're associating the cat with a lovely vacation! <3

I originally meant to make a flamingo cat when we settled on the palette. It seemed like a perfect palette for it and I like 'mingos, so it seemed like a no-brainer.
Then I thought it'd be cool to make a hybrid - flamingo bird x flamingo flower. I sketched out some ideas, and they looked neat - until I tried to actually put them on the cat linearts.
I couldn't get the lineart edits to look as #aesthetic as I'd imagined, and the flamingo colouring kinda didn't read well on its own without them - it just looked like a random pink and white cat.

So I figured that if I couldn't get it to look like the bird anyway, I may as well just drop that part and give myself more freedom with the design^^
Her middle stage was just a little nod towards my original plans, because I thought it was funny.

She got nicknamed Myra during her 'just a flamingo' stage of creation, after Myradrosh from FFXIV. It actually sounded pretty, so I never bothered coming up with a different name for her.

I like to think she smells very nice and gets along really well with Lumi, my hummingbird kitty.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:15 am

I suppose now is as good a time as any to confirm that Moth-Kitty is indeed my outcome this year !
    I thought for sure I was caught red-handed by CloudedDiamond way before my kitten had fully grown ;w;

Here's a little breakdown of my hints !
    Hint #1
    There are actually way more similarities than two between my outcomes, you guys really listed so many more than even I was aware of tbh! (: I just figured my first hint should probably be pretty vague, so that's what I went with ^w^
    Hint #2
    The scenes are totally hints, not only for this year but possibly for future years! I thought it would be super cute to have a little story of my kitties meeting!! I really wanted to focus on the eyes hints, especially with the "am i being watched?" and "i can see your.. eyes?" The pink/red wisps where totally meant to allude to the eyes being pink- so you all hit that right on the head.
    Hint #3
    My "Greatest Treasure" pet group is the final hint, I dressed (most of) my pets up with wings and 'M' names (M for Moth). I didn't specifically have any moths in mind when I started making the cat, but I did totally fall in love with the Rosy Maple Moth and Polyphemus Moth. I think the cat having multiple eyes and being a little inspired by the Polyphemus Moth is more-so a happy coincidence in this case! ^^ Spork and Egg are just.. my favorite dressups I couldn't touch while leaving hints in the group tbh.. :p

I thought it was super cute that you guys brought up my Lightning Mcqueen TV, I love that darn thing with my whole heart (and so does my cat, he sleeps on it sometimes!). If you have any questions about my kitty or wanna know anything else just poke me <3
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:33 am

Swishy & Broken wrote:
    -snip-
    I suppose now is as good a time as any to confirm that Moth-Kitty is indeed my outcome this year !
    I thought for sure I was caught red-handed by CloudedDiamond way before my kitten had fully grown ;w;

Here's a little breakdown of my hints !
    Hint #1
    There are actually way more similarities than two between my outcomes, you guys really listed so many more than even I was aware of tbh! (: I just figured my first hint should probably be pretty vague, so that's what I went with ^w^
    Hint #2
    The scenes are totally hints, not only for this year but possibly for future years! I thought it would be super cute to have a little story of my kitties meeting!! I really wanted to focus on the eyes hints, especially with the "am i being watched?" and "i can see your.. eyes?" The pink/red wisps where totally meant to allude to the eyes being pink- so you all hit that right on the head.
    Hint #3
    My "Greatest Treasure" pet group is the final hint, I dressed (most of) my pets up with wings and 'M' names (M for Moth). I didn't specifically have any moths in mind when I started making the cat, but I did totally fall in love with the Rosy Maple Moth and Polyphemus Moth. I think the cat having multiple eyes and being a little inspired by the Polyphemus Moth is more-so a happy coincidence in this case! ^^ Spork and Egg are just.. my favorite dressups I couldn't touch while leaving hints in the group tbh.. :p

I thought it was super cute that you guys brought up my Lightning Mcqueen TV, I love that darn thing with my whole heart (and so does my cat, he sleeps on it sometimes!). If you have any questions about my kitty or wanna know anything else just poke me <3

Does your kitty perhaps have a name? c: It's such a gorgeous design, definitely one of my favorites this year!

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:40 pm

So that leaves this outcome as Eagle’s Eye!

All the GH cats are wonderful! I had lots of fun trying to figure out which kitty belonged to which GH. I love all the outcomes! ❤️

And I forgot to mention that I love your explanation Swishy! It’s so funny about the coincidence with the Polyphemus Moth, and I’m glad you explained Spork and Egg. I just couldn’t figure out how they fit into your hints 😆 Such a pretty Moth-Kitty!

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:14 pm

I have to say it was really cool seeing this litter grow up with "behind the scenes" knowledge this year. You are all so amazing at developing theories and analysing clues! I also need to say once again how amazing all the kitties look ♡
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me