Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[0221.] viv's explore replies ─ it's leaf-bare!

Postby Vivika » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:57 pm

EPOCH OF THE MOON !!
    xxxxxxx♠️eidolon♠️ clan archive last post

“Thank you. I… I'll figure this out.”

And those large paws of theirs trembled in tandem to the tremors shaking their fallen world, but… something else also lit within the stranger's starry eyes. Something that settled despite the ruckus, growing like the first naked blossom after winter’s reign. A survivor’s determination.

But perhaps… it was all they needed.

The stranger chewed upon the gold petals, grinding it to a fine paste. Something about the quick, deft twist and turn of their paws, and the steady working of their jaws was reassuring. Perhaps they could even learn a thing or two from this stranger’s knowledge.

With a soft grunt, the stranger knelt close to this… Furzetuft, applying the herbal remedy. Their head inclined close to her, tongue smoothing the knots in her curls. “I think this should work for the time. Are you alright?”

Her answer never came.

The city shook once more. But this time it wasn’t because of those cursed aftershocks. No, this time it trembled with new energy from another presence. A presence with nothing to hide. Their laughter crested above the ruins of the fallen city, callous and foreign, just like the thick stench that lingered in their wake. Wanderers.

Every muscle in his form drew tight, his chest constricting. The wanderers were close. Their footfalls meandered, stumbling over ashen rock and rumble, but each passing one jarred his ears. Each one striking closer than the next.

“Go. I got her.” And those starry eyes met his, a faint grin touching the ends of their muzzle. “I wish I could offer you something for your help, but it seems we’ve run out of time with… the current situation.” They shook their head. “If we ever cross paths again, I owe you one. Truly.” (+15XP for completing npc quest!)

“She’s injured.” His gaze flickered over his shoulder. “How will she─”

“Leave that to me.” A little wink adorned their features and they started for the top of the haphazard rubble. The faint glimmers of sun hit their soot-kissed curls as they held their ground. “I’ll distract them, steering them away from here. It should give you enough time.”

Enough time?

His jaws parted. “Wait─”

But with a small, parting nod, the stranger disappeared over the rubble… to distract the wanderers.

The scent of a group of wanderers hangs heavy in the winds! Does Murksong hide until the
    danger has passed? Or choose to investigate the situation further (confront)?

xx

──────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ murksong (30% hunger)
        xx.xcatname (00% hunger), catname (00% hunger)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; no)
        xx↳ +20XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent,
        xx.x+15XP for npc quest
        │││
        │││
        ✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ + no prey </3
        xx.x+ no herbs </3

✦ levels
        xx↳ +45XP → level 1 (102/200XP)

xxxx✦ notes; n/a! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:38 am

as she looked at her two friends to see if they would be willing to help find furzetuft’s bird friend as she noticed her friends nodded a little she decided to answer
“of course we will help!” duskshadow said with a small friendly smile,

the four cats chatted for a while trying to figure out an perfect place to look for furzetufts bird friend..

“we could try to put some small fishes in some trees so the fishes could be only taken by birds?” duskshadow suggested

“that could work but do we know what kind of food he likes?” tinysplash asked turning to look at furzetuft

just as furzetuft was about to answer something rustled in the bushes making everyone be on edge and ready to protect themselves

everything seemed to be still for a second before someone ran off from the bushes, no one could make out what they looked like as they were running too faraway already

“hey!” duskshadow ran after the cat trying to catch up to the cat, the others followed her

as the cats ran after each other they seemed to have arrived at a field , the stranger was nowhere to be seen neither was duskshadow

“duskshadow?... where are you??” kestrelwing called out , looking around with tinysplash

** at the same time with duskshadow, further away from the others in very tall grass**

<where did they go-> duskshadow stopped to think and soon she was being pushed down to the ground face first by another cat

“why were you chasing them?” the cat asked, it seemed to be much more stronger than duskshadow so she couldn't push them off her

“i- i..dont know… who is them? what are they?” duskshadow asked confused, she knew that the cat she had followed wasnt a normal cat..something about them felt off to her

“you arent from around here are you?” the cat asked as they sighed “ the cat you were chasing wasnt a real cat…they were an phantom.” the cat said before letting duskshadow up from the ground

“what is a phantom?” duskshadow questioned as she sat up from the ground finally seeing the face of the stranger

“the phantoms are…well they are like spirits or ghosts but…they use their cat like mysterious appearance to lure us real cats into danger..or even worse…” the cat took a sigh
“im not sure why they do that, and i dont know where they come from… but i know nobody should ever follow a phantom into a cave,a dark forest or really anywhere… youre lucky i was here”

duskshadow looked at the brown tabby cat with a small thankful smile “thank you for saving me from danger.. i should really return to my friends” she thanked the cat before turning away to head the way she came

“wait- let me join you just to make sure you dont get fooled by a phantom again, plus i know this place very well” the cat said

duskshadow nodded “alright..whats your name? mines duskshadow” she replied

“my names ferret” they replied

as the two cats walked out of the tallgrass they saw duskshadows friends and furzetuft looking for duskshadow

“duskshadow!” they meowed happily as they saw their friend come out of the tall grass safe

as all of the cats talked about phantoms and finding furzetufts friend, ferret decided to ask if they could join duskshadow and her friends on their adventures atleast for a small while just to make sure they dont get fooled by phantoms, they were accepted

soon the cats saw a few small birds sitting on a branch looking at them all

“furzetuft is one of those birds your friend you were looking for?” tinysplash asked

[ 619 words]

-- cats on patrol

Duskshadow | she/her | HP 97% | HUP 10 % | Sick: N

Kestrelwing | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

Tinysplash | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
No
-- level3
experience: 298/400
-- items in inventory used

-- active quests:

-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x5
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x5
Small fish | 2 FP | x2
Squirrel | 3 FP | x3
Rabbit | 3 FP | x4
Eagle | 5 FP | x2
Owl| 4 FP | x1

Ragwort | x2
Mallow leaves | x1
Chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x1
Chamomile| x1
Catchweed| x2
Daisy leaf| x1
Wild garlic| x1
Catmint| x1
Holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x2
Dandelion | x2
Cobwebs | x2
Alder bark | x1
honey | x1
unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 002. [october explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:31 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxCORVIDCLAN !!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 1 (020/200XP)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (054/200) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    lavenders… blue dilly dilly-
    it was an idyllic lullaby enthralled in the evergreen florals. it was a beautiful poision delicately tracing the foundations of reality - sickly sweet as ribbons of periwinkle stained the starry warmth of autumn.
    (+1 lavender, 1exp)
    and beneath the billowing petals of violets and wispy mauves, fragments of jade and willow vines tangled ever-so elegantly in the depths of flora and fauna.
    (+1 stinging nettle, +1 willow bark, +1 goatweed, +3exp)

and the depths of flora and fauna… they embraced her like larks to a sleeping princess as a silhouette pounced from shadows scrawled of obsidian ink.

"gotcha."

a lyrical sputter fluttered from her lips, periwinkle petals ascending before falling in little bursts as citrine curls tickled the roses of her cheeks. "robin! you little-" her laugh was a serenade, velvet and true. "you scared me!"

"you are the one who ran away…" his wink was charming, a quirky spark of daylight as the lilting lullaby of lavenders dwindled. "stars forbid, in the middle of the leader's important question."
    and in the beginning of the coming chaos… a seemingly eternal curse that had fallen over the lavenders and their lullabies.
    (oh-no! a predator [dog] has been scented along the border! will the patrol confront or ignore it?)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 20 expxxfood exp ✧ 00 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 exp-xxherb exp ✧ 04 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no-xxtotal exp ✧ 34 exp--

fp earned ✧ 0fp───
items earned ✧ +0─
• [no item earned]
• [no item earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +1
• +1 goatweed ───
• +1 willow bark──
• +1 stinging nettle
• +1 lavender ───
user ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ osskiar
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0222.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:31 pm

THE WHITE RAVEN !!
    xxxxxlady liberty archive last post

The stench of copper tainted his tongue.

And it hung heavy, so heavy, in the breeze; a testament to how an argument could evolve, twisting into something so vile, so ugly, that… even the closest of friends would turn from friend to foe. and perhaps… something even worse.

Wisps of tattered curls whispered along the earth. Under the fragments of sunlight, those silvered ends gleamed, stained scarlet. He shivered, shoulders pulling closer into himself as he ambled close to the fallen soul. The rogue’s head rested in a sea of swaying grasses, the alternating flaxen and sage strands slicing in the breeze, catching on the crooked gash racing across their flank.

“Hello?” His voice seemed small. So small. He stepped through the grasses, touching a tentative nose to them. “Can you hear me?”

But the rogue’s eyes remained shut almost as if they’d been cast under a spell, subjecting them to a sudden slumber. Their ragged breathing frayed his nerves, stuttering and shuddering in short spurts, nothing like the rhythmic ebb and flow of a peaceful rest. A nightmare?

“Can you help them?” He startled, another presence flanking his side. Ghost. "I found these. You mentioned you were a… medicine cat?” (+1 elder leaves, +1 mint, +1 sweet-sedge)

He nodded, kneeling down beside the rogue. “I can do my best. Is the other━”

“The other one fled.” Sirena’s jaw tightened, a knot working its way between her brows. “Left these behind.” (+2FP shrew, +2FP shrew)

“Good. They’ll be safe, then.” His paw skimmed the rogue's shoulder, brushing aside their soft silver curls with a practiced ease. And he settled once more into the familiar rhythm, quick and nimble, just like how it had been… once upon a time. With a quick breath in, he pressed some moss to the snaking gash.

The rogue's eyes snapped open.

“Woah, e-easy.” He tried for a reassuring smile, but his jaws betrayed him, managing something between a smile and grimace. “I’m Cupid. You were hurt in a fight. We’re just━”

A force barelled into him. Heat seared across his cheek as his paws caught thin air, knocked clean beneath him. His head hit the ground with a soft thud, snaring in the tangle of grasses. Stars. His heartbeat rose in his ears, drowning everything out with its rising thrum. (-10% health for cupid ━ they may continue patrolling without herbs or rest!)

“Cupid?” Urgent and insistent, a voice cut through the fog darkening his mind. Wild blue curls tickled his cheek as she pulled him upright. “Are you alright? Just relax… you took a nasty hit there. The rogue ━ they’re gone.” (rogues have left the territory!)
    xx

───────────────────────────────────────────

xx↳ ghost and cupid fed!
        xx.xghost (10% hunger), cupid (10% hunger), sirena (10% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ cupid (90% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +70XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+8XP for prey, +6XP for herbs,+10XP for skirmish
        xx↳ +2FP shrew, +2FP shrew
        xx.x+1 elder leaves, +1 mint, +1 sweet-sedge

✦ item finds
        xx↳ n/a

✦ levels
        xx↳ +114XP → level 1 (226/200XP) → level 2 (26/300XP)

congrats! you've reached level two & earned an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
      xxxx✦ notes; n/a! <3

───────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 003. [october explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:35 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxCATS OF THE HORIZON!!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 3 (298/400XP)
new level stats ➔ level 4 (096/500) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    pov: duskshadow
    and strung along upon the heavens, the floodgates fluttered into parted fangs - far from blissful as those starry eyes withered, glazed with an interstellar glass as dainty smiles dwindle.

“i- i don’t see him.” ever-so fragile, the sweet lilies of her voice seemed to wilt, breaking as those starry eyes fluttered back and forth. forth and back. "this is his favourite spot - right here, with all of his friends and-"

her gaze faltered, ivory talons dancing upon turfs turned citrine beneath the chill of the coming of the first touch of angels and their blessings. "what if… what if-"

"it's going to be okay." a soothing lull humming like a mockingjay against the stranger's curls, the serenade of her voice was gentle. "we'll find your bird friend. don't you worry, furzetuft."

and so the search began once more.
    the serenade of their footsteps dancing a tango wherever the patrol wandered, searching for a little blue bird. one with feathers the hue of iridescent oceans. one whose gaze was of the blitheness of a first snow.

but the little blithe bird… he wasn't there. something else was. a helper of fairytales.
    (+2fp [mouse], 2exp)

"um, guys?" a shivering branch of uncertainty unfurling upon dancing shadows, tinysplash's gaze wavered, paws delicately cupped as their breath wavered upon a dainty soul. “i think i found your friend, furzeutft…”

"is that- stars…" her starry eyes were wide - wide as the vastness of the celestial beings lost in an instellar wave - as they fluttered to the carmine freckles upon the little blue bird and the withered neckclacd of jades. "oh.. oh no. he's hurt!"
    (+1 horsetail, +1exp… the patrol has found furzetuft's bird friend but it appears that he's injured! he needs one herb [any kind]! will the patrol help or turn him down?)

"yeah, i think-" achoo! sniffling a little, like a cradle beneath a dreamy skies, the little ashen cat shook their head, eyes glazed. "..i think leafbare might've caught up to me."
    (oh no, tinycloud is extremely sick! they need three of the following six herbs; stinging nettle, celdaine, broom, tansy, marigold, raspberry leaves! for every post they are on patrol, they lose 10% health </3)

notes: you have levelled up! <3 +2fp, +2herbs [of your choice], +1 uncommon edit, +1 stellar remnants
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 40 expxxfood exp ✧ 02 exp---
added exp ✧ 145expxxherb exp ✧ 01 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no xxtotal exp ✧ 198exp

fp earned ✧ +2fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• [no items earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +1
• +1 horsetail ───
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
user ✧ eternaloutcxst
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ 13 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:40 am

EXPLORE TITLE: ~ 13 • Explore ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CATS OF THE DESERT

Last Explore Post|Last Response Received

A note about the Emberstorm (and now Opalflight) in this explore: She's an ancient cat and lived long before the cats that live in Craterclan. Eventually either will die in explore and become the main face of Craterclan's Starclan. But for the moment she is separated from the modern cats. She is specifically Blossomheart's ancestor in terms of bloodlines.

═ ═══ ═
Opalflight smiled as the cool wind of the desert night stirred the leaves of the bushes scattered over the desert. Everything had been so peaceful since finding Emberstorm, she sighed. She figured that she’d be happy to spend the rest of her life with just the two of them.
“What are you doing out here?” Emberstorm sat next to Opalflight, a quiet purr in her tone.
“I couldn’t help myself, the land is just so beautiful out here tonight.”
Emberstorm paused, taking in the beautiful scene laid out before her, everything felt as though it was falling into place. “Shall we head out to enjoy this beautiful night?”
“I’d love nothing more,” Opalflight’s eyes sparkled with delight.

═ ═══ ═

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
117 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

═ ═══ ═

ImageImage
╔═══════════════════════╗
CATS ON PATROL
Emberstorm |she/her | HP 97% | HUP 60% | Sick: N
Opalflight |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
╚═══════════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╚════════════════╝
╔════════════════╗
LEVEL 6
349/800 EXP
╚════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗
DEATH OPT IN LINK
X
╚════════════════╝
╔════════════════╗
ACTIVE QUESTS
N/A
╚════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗
INVENTORY
▉PREY:▉
scraps | 1FP | x5
bugs | 1FP | x5
dunnart | 2FP | x3
plains mouse | 2FP | x2
bearded dragon | 3FP | x2
desert skink | 3FP | x1
bush stone curlew | 4FP | x1
wallaby | 5FP | x2
HERBS:
blackberry leaves | x1
borage leaves | x2
bright eye | x1
broom | x1
burdock root | x1
burnet | x1
catmint | x2
chamomile | x1
coltsfoot | x1
daisy leaves | x2
fennel | x1
horsetail | x1
mallow leaves | x1
ragwort leaves | x1
ragwort | x2
rush | x1
stick | x1
stinging nettle | x1
╚════════════════╝
╔════════════════╗
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE

N/A

╚════════════════╝

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:01 am

”hmm…” ferret mumbled something but nobody could catch what they mumbled

”ferret what is it?” tinysplash asked as he noticed ferret looking around

”i think how to help him” ferret said as they trotted off disappearing into the tall grass
the others didnt have to wait for a long time before ferret came back

” here this should help you..” ferret said as they carefully wrapped cobwebs around the injured bird

” i know it might not be the best but it should do its job” they said looking at the bird

”hey ferret?” duskshadow asked as she noticed how good ferret was with helping the bird friend of furzetufts

”yes?” they asked

”would you…would you like to join and help us in our adventures? ofcourse you dont have to but-” duskshadow’s sentence was cut short by ferret

”yeah i think i would like that..and with tinysplash getting sick i think you need a few extra paws” ferret said with a small smile

”we should start heading somewhere to rest for a little bit..its getting late and it seems like its gonna rain” kestrelwing said as they turned to look at furzetuft
”thank you for the honey, i wish you well and for your bird friend to make a quick recovery” they said to furzetuft politely

”we’ll be on our way now, it was nice meeting you, and i too hope your bird friend makes a fast recovery” duskshadow said as she and the others got ready to continue on their adventures

as they all started to leave to look for a place to stay for a while
ferret heard someone whisper something..
”huh? did someone say something?” ferret asked

”umm.. no?” the others replied

thats when ferret saw a phantom in front of them all…but it seemed to be different

”whats- whats that?” ferret asked as they stopped

as the others turned to look at the front of them they saw it

”is it a phantom?” kestrelwing asked

”no…it cant be a phantom.. phantoms are more like shadow cats..that ones more like a- a uhhh cat made of stars?? ” ferret explained

”greetings, travelers..i have a request for you..” the cat that seemed to be made of stars spoke with a echoing yet warm voice

”wh- wait you can speak?!?” duskshadow was confused

everyone started backing away slowly, not letting themselfs look away from the glowing cat figure

”dont worry… i am not one of those phantoms you speak of..” the cat said
”i am here to ask you to help one of my kin find their own place”

”who- who are you?” ferret asked as they stopped in their tracks

”…i am one who walks among the stars…watching from above” the echo of the voice became stronger , but the cat was still speaking in a warm and kind tone

”what do you request from us?” ferret asked

”i need you travelers.. to find one of my kin..they are alone…and need help finding the path they want to go to…they want a place to call home”

”but why dont you ask someone else? why us?” duskshadow asked as she walked next to ferret

”theres no one else… no one else can save the stars from destruction….
travelers , you are the last chance….” as the starry cat figure spoke they started to disappear soon enough they were completely gone

all of the travelers were confused about what just happened, but they didnt have much time to chat as it started pouring rain

[ 584 words]

-- cats on patrol

Duskshadow | she/her | HP 97% | HUP 20 % | Sick: N

Kestrelwing | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N

Tinysplash | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: Yes

Ferret | they/them | HP100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey[/size]
No
-- level4
experience:096/500

Cobwebs x1

-- active quests:

-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x5
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x6
Small fish | 2 FP | x2
Squirrel | 3 FP | x3
Rabbit | 3 FP | x4
Eagle | 5 FP | x2
Owl| 4 FP | x1

Ragwort | x2
Mallow leaves | x1
Chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x1
Chamomile| x1
Catchweed| x2
Daisy leaf| x1
Wild garlic| x1
Catmint| x1
Holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x2
Dandelion | x2
Cobwebs | x2 -> x1
Alder bark | x1
marigold | x1(from leveling up)
tansy | x1(from leveling up)

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:22 pm

elliott. wrote:TRIBE OF FORGOTTEN PAST.
In response to this explore

+90XP for 703 words written
+20XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger (last free post!)

The skunk, who at first was digging it's muzzle through dirt in attempts to distress some worms, looking up at the sound of quick paw steps. Cloudbelly charging directly towards the black and white creature.
The skunk jumped in fright and even let out a faint squeak. It tried to run but the ground was too soft from the misplaced dirt it bad messed about in. Its legs tread for a few heart beats before it was finally able to catch solid ground under claw. It took off running exactly to where tiny pebble was waiting. Frost and root bringing up the flanks to hurd the skunk the right way.
But as the skunk got closer to where tiny pebble was sharpening her claws in the moss anticipating the battle she noticed something. The skunk looked very young and fearful. Like a lost kit away from its mother. As the skunk got closer and closer tiny pebble was disturbed by her thoughts and conflicted. Root said they had to kill it but that would be like killing a kit!
Just when the skunk was within claws reach tiny pebble jumped to the side, able to catch a glance into the skunks eyes all she saw was fear, the skunk showd no signs of intending to harm any cat. It just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible and that's exactly what it did.
By the time frost, root, and cloudbelly we're standing beside tinypebble the skunk had disappeared.
Tinypebble braced herself for what was to come.
"What was that for, we almost had it! Cloudbelly meowed in an exasperated tone.
Root motioned for cloudbelly to be silent "why don't you go find some prey? After all you are a prey hunter not the head of this patrol." Cloudbelly still looked upset but did as she was told.
It didn't take long for cloudbelly to find some prey and catch it fairly easily as well +1chipmunk, +1scraps, +6XP
Cloudbelly was about to head back to the others seeing as it had been awhile when she spotted some herbs +1rush, +2XP no one could say cloudbelly was useless or untalented that's for sure.
Still cloudbelly could see something else too....a pair of bright yellow eyes staring from the branches of a bush. They watched cloudbelly as she picked up the herbs and gathered her prey. Cloudbelly felt the fur along her spine begin to bristle, she didn't like being watched. Finally the pair of eyes stepped into the light to reveal a rather pretty calico she cat who smells of sweet berries.
The calico spoke as she finally sensed it was safe to do so.
"Hello stranger, I'm looking for my friend, have you seen a cat with a white tipped tail and blue eyes around here? We've been traveling all night and they seem to have wandered too far away. Can you help me find him? Do the cats of the tribe chose to help?

Total:

+118XP | +0% Hunger ↳ last free post! | +3FP | +1rush | Level 1 (148/200)
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphias » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:28 pm

Turtlestar padded through the forest, glancing over her shoulder to make sure the patrol was following and that Cloudpaw hadn’t been distracted by a leaf again.

“She’s all here, Turtlestar.” Fallwing mewed. The scarred tabby looked up at the sky, “Chilly day, huh?”

Turtlestar nodded, “Hopefully StarClan encourages some critters to come out, with this weather. We weren’t so lucky the first time.” Turtlestar remembered back to the patrol where she and Hastefur had met Fennel. They had found [nothing, only Fennel. Just Fennel. Nothing but Fennel. Turtlestar had received a friendly whack on the head from Chamomile for that.

“Fallwing! Fallwing!” Cloudpaw bounded up to her mentor, eyes gleaming, “Guess what?” It was the apprentice’s first ever patrol and to say they had Silverwind-level enthusiasm was an understatement.

“What is it, Cloudpaw?” Fallwing asked.

The apprentice clambered up Fallwing’s back, being careful of the warrior’s scars. Then she leaned so that she was whispering into Fallwing’s ear, “The trees are so tall!”

“Y-yes.” Fallwing blinked, as Cloudpaw slid down his back.

Turtlestar laughed, looking up as a fawn point padded up, followed by a silvery torbie. The point’s ear’s were tilting towards the trees, even as they chatted with one of the Clan healers. (And in Turtlestar’s opinion, the best healer, but she isn’t supposed to have favorites.)

“Sandflare, we’d be lucky to find something this close to camp, you know that.” Turtlestar smiled, knowing that there was hardly a moment when the hunter wasn’t hunting something. When Turtlestar was on nightwatch, it was easy to tell when Sandflare was dreaming - you could usually hear the shifting of the point’s bedding as they raced after phantom prey.

“I know, Turtlestar, but just in case.” Sandflare nodded, “I’m trying to help Chamomile hear herbs too.”

“Hear herbs?” Turtlestar clarified, looking at Chamomile.

“Sometimes, wind shakes them and you can hear them rustling, but it’s more difficult to do so when there are leaves everywh- oh, hello.” Sandflare stopped, realizing that Cloudpaw had seated herself right in front of the hunter’s paws, eyes as round as the sun and mouth wide open in excitement, soaking in Sandflare’s words.

“Cloudpaw!” Fallwing sighed, suppressing a laugh. It was also known that Sandflare wasn’t exactly one for children… even apprentices.

“Oops, sorry!” Cloudpaw scrambled back to Fallwing’s side.

“If you’d like to learn more, Cloudpaw, I’m sure Hastefur can teach you. The Hearing Plants technique is what the Foragers use to help locate areas that might have an abundance of resources and materials.” Chamomile mewed, “When I first started out as an apprentice, I was apprenticed to Surleaf, who was a forager before she died. Moons later, when I decided that I wanted to instead be a healer, Surleaf helped me tailor Hearing Plants to herbs, meaning that in addition to hearing them, I would also be smelling in the direction the wind was blowing, to see if there was anything there. Not every cat has a keen nose like that and it takes a lot of practice.”

Turtlestar remembered Surleaf, the kind brown tabby she-cat that Chamomile had named herself after. Well, at least her warrior name - Tealeaf.

As if reading Turtlestar’s mind, Chamomile nodded, “Topazrain may have already told you this, but my original name wasn’t Tealeaf.”

“Tealeaf?” Cloudpaw asked, confused. Fallwing facepalmed again.

“Chamomile’s just a nickname, little one.” Chamomile smiled, amused, then continued, “My original name was Ivy, my first of-age name being,” She paused, unsure if she should translate from the naming scheme of the Lake of Elwood. She decided to do so with a slight bit of hesitation, “Ivydiamond,” She breathed, “I never felt that this fit me, so I asked to change it, and I was able to. And so I was Teaivy.”

Cloudpaw was sitting down again, but Fallwing didn’t stop her.

“But even before then, Surleaf had dubbed me ‘Chamomile’, which stuck as a nickname, even throughout the years. When Turtlestar recruited Topazrain and I, Surleaf followed. No one knows why, even to this day. She hasn’t exactly revealed anything since she’s been in StarClan either.” Chamomile frowned, “But she followed us, taught us. In addition to helping me tailor Hearing Plants, she even helped out with many warrior, guard, you-name-it-she-did-it duties around the Clan, despite her being in the Elder’s Den at the time. And no one was able to stop her, not even during the Battle of the Cliffs, where and when she died.” Chamomile went silent, “That’s why my of-age name is Tealeaf - I changed it soon after she ascended to StarClan, for her courage and stubbornness.”

“So that’s why you’re so stubborn about keeping me in the Healer’s Den when I have even the tiniest scrape.” Turtlestar’s eyes glimmered.

“Yes,” Chamomile laughed, then turned serious, “And I will still do so for things smaller than a tiny scrape.” The torbie turned back to Cloudpaw, “I also adopted Surleaf’s nickname for me, which is what most know me by today.”

“Woaaaaah…” Cloudpaw awed, “That’s so cool! Fallwing, did you know Surleaf?”

“Unfortunately, I didn’t.” Fallwing smiled, “I came from another area.” They ruffled the apprentice’s head fur.

“Sorry to interrupt storytime, but we’re on patrol.” Sandflare reminded, patting Chamomile on the back with their tail.

Turtlestar nodded, “Let’s keep moving.”

The patrol continued on… until…

[ 890 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Turtlestar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Fallwing | he/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Chamomile | she/they| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Sandflare | they/them| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Cloudpaw| they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
none
-- level 0
experience: 83/100
none but claiming this from camp cheese :)

-- active quests:
quest #1 (LINK)
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x2
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
[/quote][/left]
• Alphias • they/them •
~ genderfluid/bigender ~ omnisexual ~ artist ~

TH: Tahsmahtus
WermzStars
alphias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0223.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:34 am

CATS OF THE HORIZON !!
    xeternaloutcxst archive last post

There was no warning.

Their world ignited in a burst of indigo and silver, blinding, as a forked streak ripped open the canopy of the skies. Ashen clouds rolled, turbulent and tremulous, rumbling with restless energy. Their head lifted to the first notes of the storm, the gentle grumble of a beast awoken from slumber.

Then, the rain.

Like silvery comets, they fell. Streaking through quavering trees, branches darkened with age; skipping across smooth rocks, pelting each one with their kiss. And cleansing the last glimmering outline of a creature borne from stars, forever immortalizing their message in the rain: “There’s no one else… no one else can save the stars from destruction. Travelers, you are the last chance…”

And in the rain’s sonata, the message reigned. An echo. Each syllable whispered like a warning in the pitter-patter of a storm on the verge of unravelling in its full glory.

“Ferret?” The stranger’s voice was soft, accompanied by the melodic chirp of the little bird curled in the crook of her neck. “I, well… this little guy,” she tapped a paw on the avian’s beak, “would like to thank you for your help. I don’t have much on me, but I thought you should have this.”

With a gentle thud, a worn, leather pouch dropped before their paws. “I have a feeling you’ll─” (+1FP bugs, +1FP bugs, +1FP bugs, +1 honey)

Lightning flashed, a fierce, brazen burst, followed by a biting gust of wind. They winced, squinting, but when the light dimmed… she was gone. Leaving another in the space she’d been.

Tinysplash.

The small form sniffled, soft blue curls shivering and sodden, shoulders curling into themself. Gaze meeting theirs, they managed a crooked smile through chattering teeth. “I’m fine. J-just cold.”

But that smile… it didn’t seem right. Half-hearted and weary. So, so weary. (-10% health for tinysplash ━ they need three of the following herbs to heal from their sickness!)
    xx

xx↳ duskshadow (30% hunger), kestrelwing (30% hunger)
        xx.xtinysplash (30% hunger), ferret (10% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ tinysplash (90% health; sick!)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; no)
        xx↳ +35XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +15XP
        xx.xfor npc quest, +3XP for prey, +1XP for herb
        │││
        │││
        xx↳ +1FP bugs, +1FP bugs, +1FP bugs
        xx.x+1 honey

✦ levels
        xx↳ +64XP → level 4 (160/500XP)