Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:09 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:

Image©

the current season is leaf-fall!

The season has changed to leaf-fall !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby literal.swag. » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:40 am

Щ Λ Y Щ Λ Я D
      𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚐𝚘𝚍𝚜

𝚕𝚟𝚕 𝟷 | 𝟾𝟾/𝟸𝟶𝟶 𝚡𝚙

!! 𝚗𝚘 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚜!! 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚙𝚝 𝚒𝚗? 𝚗𝚘/𝚢!!
      [ ✐ ][ ⇤ ]

𝙸𝙽𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚈
        𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚢
        [ 𝟷 𝚏𝚙 ] 𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚜 | 𝚡𝟸
        [ 𝟺 𝚏𝚙 ] 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚜 | 𝚡𝟸
        𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚋𝚜
        𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖 | 𝚡𝟸
        𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕 | 𝚡𝟷
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Imageꜰʏꜱɪ ☽;; ꜱʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ
    xx[ 𝚑𝚙 100% | 𝚑𝚞𝚙 100% | 𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚔: 𝚗 ]

Imageᴘᴇᴛʀᴏ ☽;; ꜱʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ
    xx[ 𝚑𝚙 100% | 𝚑𝚞𝚙 100% | 𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚔: 𝚗 ]

credit!!!
    [ 3725 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ]

Whispers of unease brushed through the lands of Moraia; draped in mystery and littered with crawling ravenous fires, quiet shuddering forests, incalculable expanses of water and rolling sand=struck hills. Bright and boisterous faes, creeping unholy horrors, and quadrupedal mammals teetering between the darkness and the light roam this planet, flooding it with life of all sorts. The grass is alive and vibrant, painted a vast array of cool tones. Tainted with greens to blues to a deep indigo. It is plush and plentiful, infesting the land with its gentle caress. Trees stand tall with defiance against the claws of death slowly rippling throughout the forest. Their arms ever-reaching and unending, steadfast in their ascent to the heavens. Overseeing the world sat mountains, omnipotent and all seeing with roots of stones far reaching and precarious.

In the shadows of the world lay darkness, voracious with an incessant inkiness. All-consuming and bottomless, the horrors of the world reside deep within, the comfort of death welcoming and familiar. Growls and cries ricochet off the walls of nothingness, reverberating and echoing out to all those that wander too close. There was no light there, as even the sun is too intimidated by the dense heaviness of corruption running deep into the bones of the earth. It had been docile the past couple centuries, laying dormant and patient in the confines of its continent. Beaten back and overrun by the might of the fated. One had been lost to the thralls of war, succumbing to the darkness to defeat it by offering their life. The war had been a gruesome one, crimson red and cataclysmic. A mistake had occurred; the fated had grown complacent in their power, lowering their guards and turning a blind eye to the goings ons of the lower world.

They had become fair game, easy pickings. One by one innocents had been corrupted or extinguished, decided by their compliance or defiance. It had been slow and creeping, the hallows wise in their path of destruction. By the time the fated had noticed war was upon them. It was difficult to procure troops and others willing to battle. They had to search elsewhere, build rapport and promise a return to species outside of their own.

This war had been the start of the friendship between the Ruler of the Night and the Queen of the Faes. Their friendship now runs deep, roots solid and unflinching. Yet even with the extra support it was almost all for naught. The hallows were convinced they’d succeed in their overthrowing, and so were the fated. Whispers were being tossed and exchanged throughout the fated’s alliances that this war would only end in bloodshed and the demise of the deities. Havoc ran rampant across the lands of Moraia, decimating the trees and bringing the ocean to a fervent boiling. Sand dunes were scalding to the touch and the rivers of lava seeped into the peaceful foliage unable to escape. Life on this planet had become miniscule, clawing and scratching at the thin oxygen and remaining drinkable pools of water. Killing over the few morsels of nourishment that could be found. Many places were a wasteland, barren of the vibrancy that had been so strong before.

A solution had hung in the air, heavy and dense as rain clouds above their heads since the beginning. Just like before, it had been ignored, a blind eye had been turned, the solution too costly to bear. Yet one cat knew. It was gnawing at the back of its mind, filling every corner of their brain until they were convinced they had gone mad. The knowledge of what to come had flooded their veins and turned them scorching with ice and strengthened their steps. When the darkness was at their doorstep and the fated began to tire, the feline knew the time had come.

It had been a clear day, one of warm rays and hopeful lulls that rolled through the camps of soldiers with a generous breeze. Light-hearted laughs and mumbles of chatter floated through the air as the darkness crept closer to its unsuspecting prey. Carried along the breeze, malice crept into the nose of a certain cat. A cat who had been waiting for the signal, for the enemy to come knocking, and here they were. Raising to their paws they stretched their aching joints for the last time. A sigh fell from their muzzle as their eyes trained on the forest hugging the main camp. While the camp grew boisterous, a calming deafening silence rang in the feline’s ears.

Boom!

A heavy immovable wave of shadows washed over the creatures of the camp and devoured the once radiant light.

It had begun.

Chaos raced through the camp, eliciting screams and immobilizing limbs. Tendrils of darkness slithered up legs and engulfing creatures whole. Once the shadows closed over, the victim would be lost forever. The earth trembled in fear as the fated dove into the fray and it continued to shake under the weight of the powers at play. Clawing and biting and lashing at everything in their paths without being near the target.

Violence and ferocity flowed thick and crimson through the camp. Seeping into the malleable soil and dying the grass a haunting red. Step by step, slowly, pawprints of red were stamped into the grass. Its pattern is evident of a mind made up. A warm buzzing crept along behind the cat, seemingly boiling off of the shadows and gathering along the feline’s limbs. Amongst the chaos the developing promise remained unseen. Slowly as the buzzing began to heighten a warm glow adorned the feline’s aura, warm and unperturbed. Thuds of bodies fell on deaf ears as sure footsteps graced the earth. Underneath the pawpads of the advancing feline the grass grew warm and seemed to dry of any liquid that had been clinging onto its thin blades.

Emerging from the chaos stood a feline radiant and warm against the oncoming shadows. Their aura hummed almost electrically about them, small sparks igniting throughout. They were large and their mere presence exuded power and demanded attention yet somehow they had flown under the radar until they were now faced with the heart of the attack. A few yards from the cat stood the power of the shadows, the hallows, the darkness racing around them and consuming everything within its inky maw. They stared at each other, the feline with a neutral glare, acceptance dancing within their cool-toned scleras. The other with a startled expression, once that quickly morphed into a sly amusement. When it opened its jaws to speak the noise that emitted was eerie and bone chilling. It sat against creatures skin like tiny shocks of electricity, raked claws along their bones and knives down their spine. A deep fear absorbed the frames of the creatures of the camp as they all seemed to slow as malice painted the air the more the shadow spoke. The words spoken were hard to make out, the language once prominent amongst the inhabitants of Moraia now lost to time. They were scratchy yet deep, reaching deep into the core of those around them, instilling an immobilizing fear.

Yet the cat remained, focused and unbothered by the terror that seemed to be subduing the violence around them. “You little thing, so brave yet so foolish. It is amusing that a creature of your size thinks they can stand before me and simply hysterical that you think you can do anything to me.” It hissed with a taunting air, grating on the ears on whoever roamed too close. The feline simply stared ahead silently coaxing the other into a reaction, a careless opening that could be taken advantage of. “I know you’re one of pride Lyacin, but even you would not pull something this stupid.” The only response the creature received was a gentle tilt of the radiating cat’s, Lyacin’s, head. Anger rippled through the creature, bubbling the shadows and enraging the molten red bleeding through their form. “You’re more stupid than I thought, cat.” Tension grew taught in the air and the creature’s voice became almost painful with malevolence the angrier it got. “If you want to throw your life away for something so miniscule and inconsequential then so be it.

A raging wave of darkness washed over the camp once more, yet this time it was scorching to the touch. Screams clawed at the ears of others as the camp began to retreat to a higher ground in hopes to continue the battle out of reach of the river of boiling shadows. Only the five fated remain unphased, launching into battle despite the sweltering heat. The whole of Moraia seemed to quake with fear of its own shattering under the sheer force by the most powerful beings on the planet locked in a ferocious battle. Cracks slithered through the campground threatening to swallow the lot whole. Teeth, claws, fur and shadows clashed in an array of colors and varying levels of brutality.

Cats of blues and greens and cats of dark reds and purples and of pinks and gold all intermingled in a rainbow tainted with crimson. Dragons and deer and dogs of large jumped in after their companions, loyalty coursing through their veins and driving their movements. While movements were feverish, within the fray time seemed to stand still. The ruler of the sky landed blow after blow upon the creature, being a creature of the night their powers were almost level, nearly bouncing off each other. The ruler of the end was in a similar predicament, although he was using his powers to shield the rest against the endless assault of the opposition. The ruler of the earth shattered and melded the ground around them, shifting balance and attempting to keep the shadows at bay. The ruler of rebirth and of the spring fed into the light actively fighting the attempt of being subdued and snuffed out by the darkness and aided in healing the others. Hit after hit the four lay on the creature or aided in support or other forms while Lyacin partook in melee with it.

Ichor painted the earth as it flowed urgently and heavily from the five felines as if it was running from something trying to get in. Roars and screeches decorated the air as the fated began to struggle. The battle had been going on for longer than anyone cared to keep track of and the tide of success began to slowly lap at the feet of the creature. Weariness outlined the fated’s movements yet it did not seem to slow them. As the sun began its descent and the troops had grown exhausted, the fated were beginning to mirror their subordinates. Terror stabbed at the hearts of the troops not only due to the bone-grating cackle emitted from the creature but from the truth they had been denying for so long.

They were going to lose.

This is it.

One by one the fated began to falter and lack in their fervence. Lyacin had spared a moment to look at their companions only to be met with a woeful sight. Despite giving their all, the feline knew it would not be enough. “Get back!” This garnered the attention of the other fated, leaving them vulnerable and exposed in confusion. Only the ruler of the sky had the wit to realize what was about to occur so quickly. Lyacin knew that he would be the first, and watching it unfold brought a solemn smile to their muzzle. “It’s okay Goss, it’ll all be okay.” The warm gentle buzzing began to ascend to a blinding and crackling light. Watching this unfold the blue tom became rapidly distraught.

“No! Lyacin! It’s not worth it, please. Please don’t do it. What’re you stupid?! We can win, we can! We can’t win without you here!” He pleaded, desperation shattering a thunderous attempt to bring his friend back from something that could never be undone.

A deepness morphed Lyacin’s features, sadness flooding their shimmering scleras and a warmth curling their jowls. Despite walking towards an inevitable end, an end to this war and an end to the struggling of the inhabitants of this planet, Lyacin could not force their eyes away from their companions, their friends, their family. They family that could do nothing but watch on, disbelief gluing their paws to the ruined earth. Only the ruler of the sky had some sense to his limbs, struggling against the hold of his mate in an seething anguish.

“Hey! What-what are you doing?!” The creature cried, fear tinging its voice for a mere moment until its composure was regained. “You think a little light and buzzing can defeat me?! HA! You’re dumber than you look.”

WIth a great amount of effort, Lyacin shifted their focus to the flowing frame of shadows before them. “It’s over, Fríki. It’s over. It’s time to bid this life an adieu.” Light, blinding and fierce effortlessly swallowed the darkness previously coating the creatures locked in battle and shielding the sight of others with a sharp opaque gold. Then, it was gone, floating innocently in a neat sphere before the now dull feline. That same, sharp, spine-tingling cackle grated against the ears of the felines once more.

“Wow! You really got me huh! Look at that pathetic little thing, what’re you gonna do? Chuck it at me?! Don’t make me laugh.” The sly amusement previously framing the creature’s features flipped to a deep enraged frown. “Don’t patronize me.”

“Please.” Gossamer whispered, a weak, pathetic attempt to keep his friend. An attempt he knows will be in vain. He locked eyes with Lyacin once more. The feline mouthed a farewell to the blue tom who was no longer fighting the restraints put on by his mate. The tom who now watched on, hopeless and distraught.

A sharp ringing rippled along the campground, expanding miles in each direction fervently followed by the same vicious gold. Sparks and bolts not unlike lightning flickered rapidly through the curtain as the ground shook in fury. WIthin the same moment it was over. The senses were returned to the creatures of the campground and what they were met with was horror. There lay Lyacin, breath rattling meekly in their ribcage and the creature still and limp, its shadows gaining a dusky hue instead of an all consuming inkiness. Finally Gossamer was allowed to race to his friend whose life was not yet taken by the fates. It was evident that they had given their life to end this, not only metaphorically but literally, physically. The once radiant coat of the original fated was now dull and matted, their frame sunken in and pressing against their skin. Their eyes had lost their vibrancy, now fogged over and nearly blind. They were begraddled and unwell, less than a husk of the feline they used to be.

Silently the blue tom began to sob over them as he huddled up to them as close as possible. His mate joined him at his side though she sat at a respectful distance. “Please.”

The aftermath of the battle had been devastating. Once the creature had been defeated, its subordinates had promptly fled. It was apparent they had won, but the cost had not been worth it to many. It took the fated a long time to heal from the devastation that had shattered their family. While they all took it like their hearts had been ripped out and their bodies inside out, the blue tom had taken it the worst. He had grown inverted and more reserved than before, quiet in his speech and rare in his appearance outside his home. Eventually, the balance had settled and life slowly and painfully returned to a new normalcy that had never been thought to occur, and the creatures and shadows had been confined to their lands once more.

The brush of unease skittered across the bones of the prophet, chilling them to the core. A mellow inquisitive trail brushed through the prophet’s nose as quickly as it had occurred. To ease the discomfort the red and purple feline shook out her fur before mentally returning to her conversation with the blue tom. “Look Goss, I just wanted to tell you what I saw okay? Right now I don’t have many answers for you, I’m sorry. It was like my dreams had been hijacked, it’s something I have never experienced. The closest I can compare it to is when I lacked control over myself and my ability when I was a kit many many decades ago.” She puffed in annoyance at her friend’s prodding.

“My apologies Petro, I’m not used to you not having some sort of answers, or at least an educated guess.” Gossamer dipped his head in a show of sincerity.

“It’s alright old friend, I understand. It’s just as frustrating to me as I’ve never felt so lost and confused about a vision of mine.” Petro sighed, her tail flicking in a passive release of her annoyance. As the two wrapped up their conversation a green she-cat entered the den, the hanging moss parting effortlessly about her fluid form.

“Fysi! My love~” The large blue tom quickly graced his mate’s side, nuzzling his muzzle against her and emitting a sigh of comfort.

“Welcome Fy, it’s nice to see you” Petro hummed as she dipped her head in a greeting of respect. Discomfort still prickled subtly at her spine as the female pointedly ignored it.

“Hello the both of you~” Fysi hummed, voice elegant and low, graced with a regal air. Her presence had immediately subdued the subtle tension, similar to a warm blanket wrapping itself around her company. “The day has been beautiful, would either of you be interested in a stroll? There’s some things that I must take care of and I’d love some company on my travels.” Behind the two, Fysi’s companions wrestled through the moss. Despite the length of time they have existed on this planet, the moss always seems to best them. The fawn’s knees still trembled softly as if she had been recently brought into the world. Through the ungainliness of the equine it had stumbled into its rabbit friend. “Now now Neró,” The gentle female tsked. “You cannot be so mad with Gi, you know she struggles with the vines. She had never grown into her legs.” With a hump the dusty rabbit turned and hopped towards his corner of the den. Gi followed hesitantly behind her friend after touching her nose gently against the earthly feline’s shoulder.

“I’d love to accompany you my love, but I unfortunately have matters to attend to with Crius.” A pout dawned the male’s muzzle in an almost child-like manner. This playfulness elicited a small laugh from his mate who bumped against him good-naturedly.

“No worries, I’m a big girl and I can handle this myself. Unless you’d like to attend Petro?” Fysi turned to the other female with a gentle and welcoming smile, inquisition dancing in her eyes. Despite hesitation whispering in the corner of her brain, Petro found no reason to not accompany her friend. Besides, it was a glorious day and it was the perfect chance to stretch her limbs.

Raising to her paws in a drawn-out stretch Petro indicated her attendance. “I’d love to go with you Fysi. We haven’t had much time alone lately and it would be really nice to catch up.” She smiled gratefully at the other female before turning his gaze back to her male friend. “Now don’t do anything stupid while we’re gone.” The two females laughed softly at the gentle prod before bidding their farewell and departing on their journey.

A canopy of green gently obstructed the warm gold rippling through the plush bundles of foliage and heating the earth with a tender caress. Their footfall was silent as if the grass had bent to their will. Soft calls of avians and the mellow below of hooved creatures were carried along the slow-moving breeze. While the two were a good distance away, many prey creatures had calls that echoed for miles. Youth coated the forest from fresh erratic tracks of playing young to broken brambles and brush from practicing future hunters to the high dramatic calls to their mother when separated for no longer than a second. It painted a motherly content expression on the earth-bound female. She took in the vibrancy of her home with delicately closed eyes and a deep deliberate breath. It was heartwarming for Petro to experience, her friend thriving in her element.

Another flash ransacked Petro’s vision. Unstable slashes of lilac painted the clouds and sky as stars fell in blazes of glory. One was B-lining towards them until a cloud obstructed its path. The two intertwined and mingled in a mellow dance before erupting in an illuminating glow.

“Petro.” The voice was distant and far off but comforting. It fought kindly against the powers that held her immobile, with a warmth that flooded her bones instead of singed her fur.. “Petro.” Again, more firm this time. “Petro, it’s alright dear. You're here with me, allow the vision to melt away.” Green. Green green green assaulted her vision in aggressive strokes of messy watercolor. With a firm press against her side and long fur that tickled her paws, her vision began to solidify. Watercolor sharpening to acrylic and greens giving way to baby blues and accentuating browns, speckles of pink and purples and languid strokes of oranges and reds. Slowly Petro tested her limbs, gingerly lifting her paws and flexing her muscles before turning to face the female beside her.

“Thank you Fy, I’m not sure what’s been going on with me lately.” Petro sighed, bumping off the other in a display of her return to reality.

Fysi dipped her head slightly, concern or pity did not disrupt her earthly features. “It’s no worries Petro, we all have our moments. It gives no benefit to dwell, so we shall continue on our way. Shall we pay a stop to the glistening waterfall first? Wet our coats and fill our bellies?” The darker coated female nodded a silent response and they continued forwards in sure steps and gentle laughs.

𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍;; n/a

𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜;; ahhhh omg this was a long time coming. i’m super excited to introduce you all (and myself) to wayward and moraia, and i’m stoked to further develop them!! i hope you all enjoy <3

to viv from my explore post from ages ago; ty for the compliment about my writing <33 you’re honestly the absolute sweetest and it’s such an honor to get a compliment from you ><

to the future writer; i hope you have fun with this! not all of them will be this lore heavy n’ such but i really wanted to lay some things out in the first post ;w;

ᵕ̈ court || she/her || adult || adhd ridden ᵕ̈

hey y'all, just here to have fun! ♡
    please bare with me on trades!!
    toyhouse | cs storage

♡umas | the backseat lovers | crochet♡

current goals: collecting all dragons/dinosaurs!
literal.swag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:52 pm

xxImage
xxlast post | last response
─── 🐚 ────
──〔❨✧✧❩〕──
1516 words
❝ ♥ ❞ opt in y / n
lv 6 | 650/800 exp

──── • ────

active quest(s):
n/a

︶꒦︶꒷꒦︶
cats on patrol:
mothrunner ; she/they
hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
asteria ; she/her
[url]name[/url] ; prn/prn

︶꒦︶꒷꒦︶

The sun allowed its rays’ to seep through the entrance of the cave systems OceanClan called home; it’s warm, honey-colored glow waking the members of the clan. It reached even the darkest depths of their dens, lighting up the rough, stone archways to the point you could see every edge, crevice, and alcove in the weathered walls. Yawning, the golden tabby’s eyes glowed in the dim lighting of the Expeditioners’ den. The messengers, explorers, scouts, and the newbies of the following ranks were closest to the entrance of the cave.

They’re den small and slanted next to tall, crooked cave roof and the ledge where Empress Tansy summons her cats to come together. Mothrunner stretched her legs, the muscles beneath her glowing fur shifting as she allowed herself to rid her tense, stiff body of sleep and replace it with a burning fire of energy. She turned and nudged the small ball of spotted fur next to her after she had stretched fully, “Asteria? Wake up, sleepy shrew. It’s time.” She whispered gently. The entire bay-side clan knew Mothrunner to be a fierce, unforgiving cat with a serious hatred for most cats, usually being for no reason at all. They also knew, however, that she loved the energetic ball of fluff that had found her all those moons ago.

Asteria leaped out of her nest with a sudden burst of energy, hopping around her older sister purring, “Already? I had just fallen asleep! I’m so excited!” She squeaked happily. “Yes, yes. Go get some breakfast before we leave.” Mothrunner dismissed her little sister with an affectionate cuff of the ear, sending her dashing out of the den, her claws loudly scraping across the stone while she hurried to the prey hole. Mothrunner sat and began grooming herself, unwilling to leave the camp without looking her very best. Not even a badger would ever catch me looking scraggly. Mothrunner thought, giving her chest a couple of licks.

Shortly after she had woken Asteria up, the rest of the clan awoke to her loud scrambling to the prey pile and excited squeaks. “Mothrunner?” The sleek, short-furred she-cat approached her, the thorn crown atop her head shifting as she strode past the others stirring awake. “Good morning, Empress.” Mothrunner murmured respectfully, bowing her head. Even the sassier members of the clan knew their leader wouldn’t allow their attitude in her presence. Empress Tansy nodded to show she heard her polite greeting before speaking once more, “I’m glad you look well rested because I want you to lead the expedition- take your kin, and only you two. The smaller the expeditioners' patrol, the easier to travel.” Empress Tansy said plainly, a flash of pride shining in her green eyes.

Mothrunner pricked her ears and rapidly lifted her head to look the leader in her eyes, her long, golden stripes legs twitching nervously. “Are you sure?” She finally blurted, immediately regretting the unprofessionalism of her question. “Of course.” The rowan tabby narrowed her eyes, “Why wouldn’t you? You’re practically an explorer with the amount of times I’ve seen you sneak out and map the stars.” Mothrunner flattened her burning ears in embarrassment, “Yes, sorry, your Majesty.” Empress Tansy shook her head and looked distantly past Mothrunner’s shoulder out at the beach beyond their camp’s thick, stone archway. “Don’t be.” She flicked an ear, dismissing the long-legged she-cat and heading over to her mate, Thrushslip who was waving at her from nearby the entrance to the Expeditioners’ den.

From where she stood, still shocked, in the hard, stone clearing, she could see Squirrelscar chatting with Asteria, clearly telling her another pirate story. Mothrunner approached them and smiled a little, “Guess who’s leading the expedition?” She puffed out her chest and Squirrelscar gasped in pleasant surprise. But before she could ask if it was Mothrunner herself, Asteria spoke, “Will it be Sorren?” Mothrunner flicked her tail in annoyance, “No, me, bird-brain.” Asteria grinned just the same at her sister, purring loudly, “Awesome! You’ll be leading all the expeditions soon if you do well on this one!” A fire of unease began to brew in the tabby she-cat’s chest, worried that all eyes were on her now. Squirrelscar nodded, “Yes, little one. She might even be the clan’s first explorer.” A mischievous flash shadowed Squirrelscar’s eyes before she went to join the other early-rising gladiators on the day’s first patrol.

Asteria yawned before blinking slowly, looking over Mothrunner’s shoulder, a round, furry shape was dashing towards her. “Ludwig’s up!” Mothrunner perked her pointed ears and turned around, tackled by the blurred red, white, and black shape. “Goodmorning!” She laughed whole-heartedly as her companion gave her one last hug before he started to attend to his own duties of tunnel scouting with Wanderer’s pet newt, Tiki. “I’ll be back soon, buddy. Then I’ll come home and tell you and the kittens all about my adventures.” Asteria sat back and allowed Mothrunner a few moments with her red panda, still beaming with excitement for the upcoming expedition. The panda chirped and snorted happily before letting go of Mothrunner’s chest fur and hesitantly scuttling off, looking over his shoulder one more time before he left the camp with Tiki to explore the unknown hollow parts of the cave systems beyond OceanClans’ camp.

Mothrunner curled and uncurled her tail uneasily, she didn’t like leaving her friend. Especially since he was prey to most cats around these parts. Mothrunner looked to her right and saw Asteria rubbing against her flank in a supportive manner. “Mothrunner?” She asked, her voice unusually nervous. “Are you scared?” Mothrunner’s expression hardened and she fell quiet briefly, the only sound being their clanmates chatting quietly around them. How could she be worried? Asteria would be under her watchful eye at all times. Nothing would ever happen to the caring, little she-cat unless it went through Mothrunner first. “No. But it’s healthy to be cautious.” She told her little sister, giving her a friendly lick behind the ears. “Now, enough with this sappy stuff. Go politely ask Goldenleaf and Sunwish if they have a moment to make our herb pouches! And hurry, I want to leave before I’m an elder!” Mothrunner nudged her forward but the she-cat was already hurrying towards the deeper tunnels that led to the others’ dens.

The clan gathered in a semi-circle in front of the two she-cats standing under the stone archway, murmurs and excited whispers bouncing around the cave walls. The sun had fully risen by now and it was time they head out of the camp and towards their unknown destinations. No matter the dangers they faced or what could happen along the way, Mothrunner and Asteria were ready. No force could stop what was the desire to run, seek, and leap. Asteria stood proudly beside her older sister, touching noses with her mentor, Sorren, as a goodbye. Sorren’s gaze was clouded with fear for his apprentice but there was a touch of pride in his voice when he spoke over the chattering clanmates, “Be good and listen to Mothrunner,” He looked up from the little version of the long-legged golden she-cat, “she knows more than I could ever teach you about bravery.” Sorren gave her a half-hearted smile and stepped back, bowing his head to the two of them. Mothrunner was taken aback by his compliment and had to look away so she didn’t show her flushed cheeks.

Next from the crowd, Goldenleaf stepped forward, Sunwish flanking her. Sunwish’s small lion cub companion trotted forward and stood on his back legs to place the vine and leaf pouches hanging around each of their necks. Both were stuffed to the brim with basic medical supplies in case of an emergency. Goldenleaf took several steps closer after Kovu, the lion, had backed away to his cat-friend’s side. Goldenleaf was looking at them with a mother’s love, even though neither girls were her kits. “Be careful.” She touched her nose to each of their foreheads in turn, “I will be thinking every night about you two. If the Ashen Trails ever become hard to navigate, remember my words,” Her voice lowered and an unusual spark lit her eyes up. “not all rogues or loners are cruel and cold-hearted.” Asteria looked amazed as the healer stepped back, turning and taking her apprentice back into the blur of the crowd.

Asteria seemed to be practically bursting with excitement when finally the Jury and his partner, Empress Tansy, stepped forward. Thrushslip wore a look of pure happiness, his tail lifted as if he shared their twin excitement. “Good luck to you too!” Empress Tansy looked at them with a tired yet clear gaze. “We will be awaiting your return.” She murmured, almost too low for either she-cats to hear. The cats remaining yowled their own encouragement. Mothrunner swapped a confident look with Asteria, turning and leading her out of the tunnels and down the smooth stone ramp, right into the sand-dusted forest.

“Let’s see what awaits beyond the borders.” Mothrunner said dramatically, tossing her head to the side playfully.

───────Image───────
inventory !
1x Bug Piles = 1 FP each
1x Mouse = 2 FP each
3x Small Fish = 2 FP per
1x Eagle = 5 FP per

1x Celandine ll 3x Deadly Nightshade ll 1x Daisy Leaf ll 2x Goatweed ll 4x Bindweed ll
3x Yarrow ll 3x Tansy ll 2x Blackberry leaves ll 3x Cobweb ll 1x Comfrey root ll
3x Elders Leaves ll 1x Broom ll 1x Ragwort ll 2x Mallow leaf ll 2x Mint ll 1x Goldenrod ll
5x Poppy seeds ll 1x Willow bark ll 2x Stinging nettle ll 1x Lovage ll 1x Hawkweed ll 2x Holly Berry
1x Willow Leaf ll 2x Sorrel ll 2x Thyme ll
2x Burdock Root ll 1x Catmint ll 1x Borage Leaves ll 1x Lavender ll 1x Feverfew ll
1x Chickweed ll 2x Coltsfoot ll 1x Fennel ll 1x Death Berry ll 1x Chamomile ll
1x Wild Garlic ll 1x Honey

used item(s) !
n/a !!

notes !
- dw abt the wait, it builds suspense haha <33
- need to collect xp from the quests of april !! [i've only added the exp from the last patrol- not the quest exp yet]

────────────────
code credit
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Explore - Galactic Skies 016

Postby canadianhowl » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:19 am

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ 512 words ]

“A lynx huh? … You go get the others I am going to go investigate.” Firestrike mumbled softly. He was not expecting a small growl from the she cat. “You out of your mind?! That’s a sure way to get yourself in some serious trouble right here!” Quicksilver snapped immediately but she went ignored as the ruddy tom smirked and began to prowl forward. “Ah you are such an idiot! Fire! Get back-“ and he was gone. Quicksilver growled before she turned around and raced back to the other cats. She ran as fast as possible and almost tumbled into the area. The three cats were standing talking to each other about the rest of the adventure. They quickly turned their heads in alarm by the frantic state Quicksilver was in.

“Lynx was spotted.” She started off and was quickly stopped by the rushing of paws from Hollyheart. The cinnamon she cat was not stopping. She knew exactly what went down when only Quicksilver showed back up. She knew her mate’s son all too well by what he’s done already. She arrived at the scene but stayed back seeing that Firestrike was stalking and sniffing out the scent. Maybe… just maybe he could actually scent the lynx and steer it away? It didn’t seem right to baby him when he’s clearly trying to do this by himself and show he’s a big cat. Hollyheart narrowed her eyes and crouched down behind some foliage and waited. She’d slowly follow the tom around to make sure he was okay and if it looked like it would be too much, she’d be close by right behind him. Hollyheart raised a brow and looked behind her as the other three drew in close beside her.

The four cats awaited with Firestrike in front exposed to the fate the larger cat would bring. They were in lynx territory. This was expected. Piketail stayed close to Hollyheart and Quicksilver looked like she was ready to leap out and drag the ruddy tom back but it was Durianblaze who stiffened up and made his way out of the bush and up beside Firestrike.

“Move. Let me take care of this pest.” The tom hissed as he got in front of Firestrike and took over the lead. Firestrike stiffened and shoved himself to knock the other cat over. “No you aren’t. I’m the one who stepped up first. I have decided I’ll be leading this so you will follow me.” He snapped only to be pushed again by Durianblaze. The two toms bickered and hissed at each other before it was Hollyheart who moved in between the two and stepped ahead. “Since you two are unable to act like adults, I’ll be doing the task of making sure my patrol is in safe paws.” She spoke up with a stern voice and quickly moved forward. The two young toms didn’t argue with her but they kept glaring at each other. Quicksilver lead Piketail out of the bush and the two followed the other three towards the scent of the lynx.

★ - NOTES - ★
n/a

★ level 5
experience: 624/650
★ items in inventory used
x1 deer, x1 crow
★ active quests:
quest 1
★ opted in to death?
yes/no
★ custom predators / prey
link here
★ prey
mice | 1 FP | x4
squirrel | 1 FP | x0
rat | 1 FP | x0
lizard | 1 FP | x3
hare | 2 FP | x2
finch | 2 FP | x2
minnow | 2 FP | x2
crow | 3 FP | x6
bass| 4 FP | x2
deer | 5 FP | x3
ram | 5 FP | x0
★ herbs
Bindweed | x1
Borrage | x1
Bright Eye | x1
Burdock Root | x1
Catchweed | x2
Chamomile | x1
Chervil | x1
Chickweed | x2
Daisyleaf | x2
Dock | x2
Elder Leaves | x2
Feverfew | x1
Foxglove Seeds | x1
Goldenrod | x2
Holly Berries | x1
Honey | x2
Lavender | x2
Poppy Seeds | x3
Sweet-Sedge | x1
Tormentil | x1
Wild Garlic | x1
Willow Leaves | x1
Yarrow | x1
★ - PATROL - ★

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

she/her
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

she/her
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

he/him
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N

he/they
hp | 100
hup | 0
sick | N
Name

xx/xx
hp | --
hup | --
sick | --
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— ✦ three

Postby néktar » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:43 am

Image\\Image
𝒑𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒏 ─────────────────────────( last post last response / death? no custom prey )

─────────────────────────────────────── ⁺˖ ───────────────────────────────────────
a deep purred rumbled in the older tom's chest as he saw the silvery scales of a fish in sootpaw's jaw, the young tom was elegant when it came to hunting. the stark contrast between apprentice and mentor was easily seen ─ in this pinestorm noticed his son carried himself like his mother.

"that was excellent!" the tom praised watching the apprentice clamber across the stones back towards the shore. the tom's heterochromatic eyes scanned towards olivescratch, the tom was young but very wise for his age ─pinestorm found comfort in knowing his kit was in the right paws. "olivescratch?" the chocolate lynx colorpoint flicked his sleek furred tail, gaze burning into the tom's black and red speckled fur. the tom's ears twitched but his eyes did not shift from his apprentice until his little paw pads had made it safely onto the shore.

green eyes gleaming with gratification, the tabby cat placed the fish at his feet and met the eyes of his mentor. the young tom tilted his head towards the stream, a soft breeze blowing the reeds around him making them dance and sway. in the brief moment they all seemed to find comfort in the fleeting warmth of leaf-fall.

the black-red ticketed tortie got to his paws ─ large muscles bunching and stretching as the burly tom shook off the gentle tranquility of the scene before him. permanently unsheathed claws scraping against the sands beneath him as he took a few confident steps towards the stream, picking a particularly large rock to clamber onto. spiked black furred tail lashing behind him as his claws scratched the mossy surface ─ breathing slightly labored as olivescratch confidence waivered as the water now threatened to reach up and lap at his fur. he absolutely despised getting wet. but the tom did not want to disappoint his apprentice let alone a senior warrior. thoughts trailing off he lost sight of his end goal, a particularly large fish decided it best to take a leap of faith at this exact moment.

in the blink of an eye the tom was knocked off of his slippery perch ─ landing with a yowl and a splash into the stream, it wasn't extremely deep though olivescratch was still treading water fighting to stay a float, his pride wounded beyond repair he felt his scruff clamped tight. sopping wet he was pulled ashore by pinestorm who, at half his size, was surprisingly strong. the tom coughed and gasped for air. "well - that did not go according to my plan." he heared a stifled mrrows of laughter coming from across the stream, he looked up to see wildcry and twigpaw's small, pointed features peeking out of the tall grasses. whiskers twitching almost in unison ─ their pleasure, wildcry's in particular, only lightly dampened his shame. sootpaw and pinestorm shared a face of both amusement and disappointment.

pinestorm waved his tail at the molly's to cross the stream and rejoin them, "perhaps we will move on from this spot, whenever you are ready olivescratch." the tom meowed eyeing before turning to head back towards the moss path. the younger warrior sighed, licking at his sopping wet fur though as he had barely started to do so he felt a second tongue at his ear. looking up his eyes met with rose red ones, glimmering with love and warmth ─ wildcry stood above him, maw at his ear she continued without a word.

[ 576 ]

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

⁺˖ level 2
      exp 58/300
    ⁺˖ items used
      none
    ⁺˖ active quests
    ⁺˖ inventory
      1 FP / bugs [2], scraps
      2 FP / newts, small fish [2], mice [4]
      3 FP / frogs [1], crayfish [2], marsh rabbits
      4 FP / turtles, bass, ravens, bats
      5 FP / vultures, otters, herons
      ───
      tansy [1], feverfew [1], broom [1], sorrel [1]
    ✦✦
    ⁺˖ patrol

pinestorm
    he / him
    hp ✦ 100
    hup ✦ 0
    sick? no
    wildcry
    she / her
    hp ✦ 100
    hup ✦ 0
    sick? no

x
    x
    x
    x
    x

olivescratch
    he / him
    hp ✦ 100
    hup ✦ 0
    sick? no

x
    x
    x
    x
    x

sootpaw
    he / him
    hp ✦ 100
    hup ✦ 0
    sick? no
    twigpaw
    she / her
    hp ✦ 100
    hup ✦ 0
    sick? no

Image\\Image
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0295.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:27 pm

THE NEW MOON BRINGERS !!
    xxxxxxxxxxxplaga clan archive plaga's last post

And in the silence, she was left to gather the fragments of her heart.

The echos of the battle unfurled in her mind, sending a tremor through her. The tang of rust on her tongue, the swish of claws cutting through the winds, the gasp of a gentle soul falling. Always falling. Sounds and shadows, slotting together in sequence. And firelight eyes upon hers devoid of any real warmth, an axe grinding the last pieces of her glass heart.

Her teeth worried into her bottom lip.

Useless. The threat slithered in the breeze, a serpentine creature stealing its way into the crevices of her soul. A waste of time and space. A mere amusement like the flashing, glossy screens the twolegs so favored. Shaking her head, she wove through the shrubbery, steps light and leaping, steady upon an old wooden log mottled with moss. Fallen scraped the edges, claws combing through the fronds and frills. (+1 water hemlock, +1 goldenrod)

“General?” Panther’s voice rose, solid and resonant. Despite the scratch on her, she seemed unbothered, donning it like a medallion of honor. “We located a few prey items. It seems the lynx left them behind when it fled. Permission to━” (+3fp grouse, +3fp grouse, +3fp grouse)

Fallen glimpsed it first.

A silver thread as fine as gossamer, bejewelled with iridescent dew, shimmering under the sequins of sunlight. It raced from earth to shrub, near invisible, but everpresent. She saw it first, yet… too late. Her jaws parted, but the warning never came.

Instead, the snap of a twig recoiling split the breeze. Panther stumbled back, a kiss of scarlet blooming on her cheek as the twig wavered back into its original home, guided by an angel of silk ━ deceptively delicate, yet strong. (+1 cobwebs; -5% health for panther - she may continue patrolling without herbs/rest!)
    xx
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
      xx↳ fallen (10% hunger), panther (10% hunger), sarnap (10% hunger)
      xx.xemissarium (10% hunger), pine (10% hunger), ashes (10% hunger)

✦ health stats
      xx↳ panther (90% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; y)
      xx↳ +140XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent, +18XP for prey, +6XP
      xx.xfor herbs, +20XP for initial injury healed, +180XP from april qb

✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
      xx↳ +3fp grouse, +3fp grouse, +3fp grouse
      xx.x+1 cobwebs, +1 goldenrod, +1 water hemlock

✦ item finds
      xx↳ n/a

✦ levels
      xx↳ +384XP → level 1 (533/200XP) →
      xx.xlevel 2 (333/300XP) → level 3 (33/400XP)

congrats! you've reached level three & earned an additional +3fp (your choice), +2 herbs (your choice), +1 common edit and +1 nr myo!
    xxxx✦ notes; your kitties have so much character,,, i adore them <33 just a few tiny things i noticed (super easily missed, dw);
      • make sure to say that you're opted-in for death and include a link to your death opt-in form in future explore posts!
      • ashes seems to go by he/him for pronouns, make sure to update/add that too! c:

──────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CrowClan Archive Entry 1

Postby dual-destiny » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:51 am

CrowClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Ravenstar didn't understand why WindClan had had to come back to the original territory. Yes, life had been miserable as exiles - but returning to those other Clans was better how exactly?!

He had only been an apprentice and only now did he realize the opportunity WindClan had passed up on. What were a few more lost lives compared to the prospect of being the only Clan in a saver environment further away? Where no ShadowClan could ever attack them again, where no power hungry leaders would force them into a defensive war..

Surely StarClan couldn't want all that. But Ravenstar's complaints fell to deaf ears safe those of his closest friends.

If everyone was fine living like this, they had chosen their own death.. but he knew better. And so he left WindClan. Left to go far away and find a place to call his own, with no bordering enemy clans, with no border skirmishes, with no wars, where he could make his own rules.

[ 165 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Ravenstar | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

-- custom predators / prey
no
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
none
-- active quests:
none
-- opted in to death?
yes
I want to risk death!
Username: Dual-destiny
Clan Link
-- inventory
nothing

dual-destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fawntura » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:22 pm

As surreal Felt over these 'socks' she noticed how soft and smooth they felt, not a single loose strand of cashmere and wool where out a place. Surreal looked to Tali with warmth in her heart she tucked the socks into her pouch to keep them clean

Tali- "You know im always here for your right?"
Surreal- "yes, i do."

As the Girls made their way to the birch branch Surreal Caught secent of a familar cat, It was Nova.
Surreal- "I really dont want to deal with her."

Surreal Contemplaited turning tail and running, but before she could Nova called out

Nova- "Surreal Come with me."
Surreal- "Why? What if i dont want to?"
Nova came down off the Branch and approached surreal, and soon all surreal could smell was Nova and her moth.
Nova- "Sigh- Come on Surreal Quit it, you need to start learning how to run the clan."
Surreal- "No i dont! Your the deputy you run it! I dont care! I never wanted to be leader, and i have to worry about my father and being a warrior already! Im one Cat Nova i cant do it all!"
Nova felt bad, but these where her orders, prepare surreal to lead, she had no choice
Nova- "Surreal listen, i know you dont want this, but your father only trusts you to lead this clan! Trust me if i could i would take this burden from your shoulders, but i will never ignore your fathers requests, but if you insist i will let you go on patrols form sunrise to high sun and at high sun you return and ill teach you on how to guide the clan, but im sorry this is the most i can do."
While Surreal was still not pleased it was better then being compeletly being robbed of being a warrior.
Surreal- "Fine."
Surreal sighed lowering her head ears back displeased with what was happening, but it would do for now.
Surreal- "See you at high sun..."
Nova- "See you then!"

Surreal listened as Nova trotted off into the distance, meanwhile during the entire patrol surreal was tense and couldnt keep her head on her shoulders.
She could hear nothign but her breath, she didnt bother to look where she set her paws constantly breaking twigs and scaring off their prey, surreal came back to the world when Raven Slowed down next to her,

Raven- "Hey how are you?"
Surreal- "Not great...Why?"
Raven- "Because you keep making rookie mistakes...Do you maybe wanna hang back and look for some herbs?"
Surreal saw no harm in it espically since she was just scaring off the prey everyone was after.
Surreal- "Sure."
As the hours passed Surreal, Raven and Tali Searched the ground and plants for Herbs the med cats could use. they spent several hours doing this and as the sun reached its peak Surreal took note of the time and her deal with Nova,
Surreal- "Ive got to get back to camp."
Raven- "Do you want us to come with?"
Surreal- "No ill be fine."
Tali- "Okay then, be careful."

Surreal made her way back to camp and when she reached the birch log she set her feet on top of it and sniffed she couldnt smell Nova so she contuined on into camp, as she went through camp everthing was a stir from kits to elders, as surreal reached the med dens everthing was silent. To quite for her...as she sinffed she smelled the death, another clan member had passed, a med cat rushed past her, Surreal reached for the source of the sound of running and made contact with a shoulder, and as she made contact she asked
Surreal- "Who was it this time?"
Med- "Oh surreal! Who passed? it was a kit not 8 moons old."
That struck Surreals heart like a thorn, a kit? How much worse could this sickness get? It was bad enough to be claiming lives from experineced warriors but a kit now too? This was getting worse not better. She had to do something about it, but what could be done?Surreal Paced in her mind unable to think of something other than the dead clan members. As she continued her fear got stronger, eventually she quite literally ran into nova.

Nova- "omph- "Ah Surreal you okay?"
Surreal picked up her head in a bit of a daze finding her surroundings once again,
Surreal- "Uh- Y-yeah."
the temporary disraction only took surreals mind off her dying clan mates for a few seconds after which it strated up with its anxiety again. As surreal sat there in her thoughts that where drowning her she felt a touch to her shoulder,
Nova- "Hey Are you okay? You seem off."
Surreal- "Oh yeah, Yeah im fine but thinking..."
Nova- "Thinking about what?"
Surreal- "The clan, my father, the millions of question i have and the millions of answers im looking for."
Nova- "Hmm, then how about we doing something to keep you discrated?"
Surreal- "Sure why not? Cant hurt anyways."

Nova took surreal on a walk learning the boundiares of thier clan and the basics of how to keep them afloat.

- (3x bug) 1 to surreal, 1 to Tali, & 1 to Hawkstrike
-
-

- Surreal - She/Her - 10% HUP - 100 Hp - Not sick
- Tali - She/Her - 10% HUP - 100 HP - Not sick
- Nova - She/Her - 0 HUP - 100 HP - Not sick
- Raven - She/Her - 0 HUP - 100 HP - Not sick
--

- 1x Rabbit (4fp)
- 5x Scraps (1fp)
- 3x Bugs (1fp)
- 1x bindweed
- 1x chamomile

Font|Font|Credit

Title Font (size 50)|Other Fonts (size 15)|Skull Credit
Fawntura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 01. [june explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:01 am

x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxKNOLLCLAN!!
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 1 (052/200)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (107/200) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    the helpless, ashen gleam of skimmed milk wings was all too present in the endless loom of haze’s reality. a reality adorned with denial, butterflies and delicately buttered lies.

and those skimmed milk wings still bloomed in the corner of her reality… breathtaking in a spiral of mockery and endless jeers. they swooped and froliced above her head, each dainty wing forming a halo of dust before dwindling… dwindling with a sun-kissed scroll in their place.

with a barely tangible thud, the sun-kissed page unfurled, unveiling the swoop of cursive letters.

little one, can’t you see? an omen is an omen. a warning is a warning. but go ahead- live on your little pathway of delusion as you see fit… but i have a little request for you. care to oblige?
    sincerely,
    a stranger

(you have received an active quest! it is to bring an apprentice without their mentor on a patrol! please link this post in the active quest section of your explore posts as these quests may take a little longer to complete! once you’ve completed this quest, let the writer know in your post and the patrol will be rewarded with a gift!)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 45 expxxfood exp ✧ 00 exp--
added exp ✧ 00 expxxherb exp ✧ 00 exp-
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no xxtotal exp ✧ 55 exp

fp earned ✧ 0fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
user ✧ ✧ ✧ knickknacks
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★★ 007 - explore response)

Postby ethium » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:14 am

────────────────────────
      ─── ★★ 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄
      Unohdettu.Lupaus // user's last post
      ────────────────────────

Miel raised his head, letting the air ruffle his fur. Golden sunlight dappled his warm, honey-striped coat from the sun now high above them. The three cats sat in contemplative silence, kind words and friendly smiles hanging between them. Fawnpounce and Sun Lion’s conversation had naturally lulled, after having exhausted almost every conversation topic they could think of, allowing them all to take a moment to breathe. Sun Lion was trying to think of something they could do to pass the time. His only idea was hunting but they had all shook their heads when they realized how warm it was.

“Oh!” Miel suddenly exclaimed, climbing down from the stump and pulling out the flowers and stems it and Fawnpounce had gathered earlier. “Maybe we could-” They were cut off as a fierce yowl split the sky, Miel turned abruptly and was met with the outstretched claws of a cat with a foreign smell.

Miel winced and spat as claws connected with his own coat, and the two tumbled into the dust. He heard a similar fierce cry, and the cat atop him was violently thrown aside. “Get off my brother!” Fawnpounce howled and launched herself at the foreign invader. The two tumbled and clawed at one another, Miel winced as he stood, and looked up as two more cats emerged from the trees. He stifled a gasp, turning to Sun Lion at his side.

[-10% hp for Miel and Fawnpounce ]

Fawnpounce disengaged herself from battle, returning to the pair, cursing. The trio took in the sight of the three strange cats, who returned their glares with cold stares of their own. The cat that had originally attacked slunk back towards his group, whimpering about his injuries. They looked on coldly, looking between their injured member and the patrol as if considering their odds now that it was two on three. The leader hissed something about just wanting to eat before slipping back into the shadows, leading their trio away as quickly as they had come. Sun Lion moved to follow them, perhaps to attack them back, but was stopped by the remains of a rabbit and some herbs that had been left behind. (+4 fp rabbit, +1 coltsfoot, +1 coltsfoot)

[ the enemy patrol has fled! +5 xp for border skirmish ]

“Should we pursue them?” Sun Lion asked, noting that they had left the rabbit and things that they had gathered behind. “I doubt you’ll catch them. They’ll leave, hopefully for good this time. They know they won’t find an easy meal here.” Fawnpounce hissed, looking rather disgruntled as she licked the claw wounds across her side and sniffed at Miel’s.

“Well,” a laugh rumbled in Miel’s throat. “So much for a quiet afternoon.” Sun Lion huffed in humorous agreement.

────────────────────────
      ── ★★ 𝐗𝐏 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
      ────────────────────────
      death opted: in / out

+ 40 XP for words written
      +10 XP for patrol sent
      +5 XP for border skirmish
      + 04 XP for prey earnings
      +02 XP for herb earnings
      +10% HUP for each cat on patrol
      ────────────────────────
      ── ★★ 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐒