Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite Only)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite On

Postby nixxiona » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 am

((la la la i hope her and rifle hit it offfff i have an ideaaaaa!))
nixxiona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliej1995 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am

Ralonica wrote:{Just be warned. She may have to compete for attention from Rifle. xD }

I talked to horsy and she said the mixed up trouble counted as the third breeding
herd art by pedunkle^^ImageImageImage Are you a Sonographer?!
elliej1995

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostGosling » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

((AMG... this explains my latest feelings of dread... "faints" And ahhh, I'm so glad I'm not in the "hoping for a certain gender" boat alone! xD I'm totally crossing my fingers for a Des/Halo filly, cuz I haz plans that only a filly could pull off.... :d and, and, and, all Halo's decendants have been stallys so far.... soooo doooomed..... "face palm" xD))
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am

((asdfghjkl so he does already have two breedings ^^" This is going to be harder than expected.
Hahaha you wish for a filly, and I for a colt XD))
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm

{I can't wait for this to start... I'm literally chomping at the bit, lol. xD }
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:59 pm

{So, Gos, do you have any more ideas on when this will be underway?}
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostGosling » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 pm

{|Well, I've decided that since the 5-Way message has made so much progress, and we (Nellas,Lemur,Hipster,ellie,Me) nearly know how we're going to play it with our family, that we can start some time soon. :3 I need to finish perfecting the first posts, and get a recap typed up, and I basically know how Halo and Des split up, so all I have to do now as far as need-to-know info goes is message Abhorsen about Gemini and figure out how they parted. Then I'll have everything figured out. xD I'm so, so sorry about the wait guys, I'm having to process so much info right now. :U "faints from exhaustion"|}
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 pm

{OK... I think I'll plonk Laxius into this RP as well, if that's alright with everyone.}

Form!

Username:
Ralonica

Equid Name:
Laxius

Picture/Link:
Linkeh

Personality:
Laxius is a cool, calm and collected stallion. He usually knows what to do in sticky situations, and is a fantastic adviser. He is a great leader. He tends to be very well-tempered, but if a equid, usually another stallion, rubs him the wrong way, he can get extremely agressive. He is usually forgiving, but once you get on his bad side, there is no going back. He holds his grudges against his enemies forever. Sometimes he can be a bit of a control-freak, and he often acts superior towards foals, depending on their personality. Kataya thinks he is a stuck-up snob, and constantly finds ways to annoy him. He has an intense fear of caves and tight, enclosed spaces. He will never go past a shadow of any sort of rocky overhang. And when he goes near a cave, his eyes go crazy, and he whickers nervously, then quickly runs away in a sort of funny prancing movement.

Rank+Herd:
He's a loner, and he's sort of open to joining herds, but likes staying alone, methinks.

Other:
He is looking for a mate.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostGosling » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me know if I missed anything! c:

{(Hehe, I almosy double posted in my own thread. xD "smacks self")}
{(And yurs, that's okay Ral. xD)}

OKAY, we are now officially starting. >:3
Remember these important things before we move onto the recap:

Always post OOC in Brackets, so we know which is which. :3
Remember to use herd symbol. :B
No OOC talk for more than a page, as the RP will become cluttered.
You don't have to post a long post if you don't want to/are museless, as little as a paragraph is okay. X3
Try to wait for other Rpers to post who are involved in the same situation as you are.
Please review thy retrieved last posts so you have an idea of what's happening.
Read my equid posts. They describe parts of the scenario as well.

Okay, and for the recap:
RECAP wrote:(Refer to the Switzerland map on the front page frequently)
Livius, Dolce, and Zephyr are resting within Snowcap lands, (just on the other side of Rhone near the lake of Lausanne) and are talking with Famous about her missing filly, Chaos.

Bandit, Halo, Anara, and Canad are out of herd lands, in the upper alpine, on the opposite side of Rhone to the others. Chaos has followed Shadow east, further into the mountains to bring back some oak leaves for the injured. Bandit is still passed out, and so is Halo, but he's close to waking up. Anara is about to call Sundara onto the scene. The avalanche/earthquake/tremors has come to a hault, but they are still surrounded by the aftermath and terror of the disaster.

All the other's still need to be placed. xD

More to take note of:

Hipster@ Read Anara's post well. You'll know how to bring Sunny in from there. ;D
Nellas|ellie|Lemur|Hipster@ I figure we've planned enough that we can mull over the rest of the details as we Rp. X3 Though it may be a little while before Iagan comes in, prolly several pages if I had to bet. ;3
ellie|Nixxiona|Ralonica@ I'll bring Rifle in later, and possibly Static after that, but things need to calm down first. :B
Everybody@ Halo now has just the slightest hint of a smexy southern accent. 83 <3 What can I say, I had a muse flash. xD

"screws on equid cap"
And may the odds be eva in your fayva!
~ Effie Trinket ~ The Hunger Games
xD

Couldn't resist. XP
Let us begin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I<?>I Anara I<?>I

Anara came trotting back to the group fully readied for the scene, but never expected the rogue when he came barrelling past. She jumped a good, clean foot at his sudden appearance, and her legs scrambled frantically as she hurriedly moved from his path. And she could have sworn he'd grinned at her on his way past.... a shutter rolled through her entire being. Who was he? Her thoughts roiled for a split second in search of that face and pelt. And then fell silent. She didn't know his name, his pelt nor his eyes, but whoever he was, her unusually sharp senses told her that he was trouble. Big trouble. Enough that she didn't want anything to do with him. Momentarily stunned as she stared after that rapidly fading form, enough that she barely took note of the filly taking chase, she quickly shook her head before turning back to her task. She'd only been halted a mere 6 yards back, so she could easily see them all in one glance. And she met a similar scenario as the one she'd left. Both Halo and the mare remained unconscious, while everything else seemed, well.... tense. Something seemed amiss in the area, even with the unnerving glow of the suns rays as it crept into view. Something about how she and the dark pelted stallion had become the only conscious equids in the area seemed some how troubling, but her hooves carried her all the way to the centre of the disaster none the less. She cocked her head to the side as she began to speak, abruptly looking over her shoulder with an almost dubious look in her eyes. "I've returned with the grand spoils of war... who was that stallion?" she asked with a voice too leery to be carefree, though her bird like voice was as light and airy as a spring breeze. However, before the male had a chance to answer, she'd cleared the distance between them with ease. Her pale, colourless eyes danced from equid to equid, her body relaxed, yet highly alert as she seemed to float over to the downed mare and resting lead stallion. Since that one was no doubt in need of the most attention, she came to her first, gently strewing the cobwebs and marigold at her hooves. Yes, she had healed many a wound in her time, but none so like the ones her brother and this fair maiden had so recently sustained. She frowned softly at the corners of her mouth, keeping a “poker face” as she examined what she would describe as a fairly ghastly scene. She’d been witness to some pretty grizzly aftermath, some that she wished to forget ever existed, but this clearly beat all she’d ever seen. This wound was almost foreign to her. With a somewhat tasked sigh, her eyes eventually flicked to the lead’s. "Sir, whoever that filly was who just left, she better be coming back with those Oak leaves, and soon." She scanned over the mare once more, and then quietly pressed her nose to her vitals. A heartbeat was there, but weakening, and the cold, feverish sweat caused her to suddenly recoil. The look that crossed her face right then should have been enough, to anybody watching, to say that time was short without immediate action, but she gave a choked murmur anyway. "I don’t know how much longer this one can wait, so I’ll start on her with what I have, but I need those leaves." And she went to work. As she’d learned from her “mother” so long ago, the chewed paste of marigold blossoms would help with the pain, to an extent. The scent of them would also help with fever. The webs would help the blood to clot. However, to her much and growing dismay, the oak leaves, which they currently lacked, were what would hault the infection that would surely ensue. Infections killed more often than anything else, and the scary thing was, wound size didn't really matter all that much. As long as it was very, very deep. Now heatedly packing the largest wounds with cob web and chewed marigold buds, she rotated tasks frequently. Stripping leaf after leaf from the marigold plants only took seconds as she liberally slicked them over the web packed wounds. They immediately had a shrink wrapping effect, the heat and sticky quality of the mare’s coat enough to keep them in place. She also kept the golden blossoms that she wasn't chewing yet close to Bandit's nose, to back up her other efforts. Anara gave a small, almost victorious smile as she finished the mare's first half, though it quickly faltered. She needed to work quicker, and that other side was just as injured as the first. The webs and leftover marigolds needed chewed into paste, and then spread over the angry rows of cuts that now scowled back at her, as well as the ones already treated. And even then, she'd still have a dozen or more wounds to pack and slick over with leaves. And then Halo would need treatment, which would involve another trip into the wilderness. Her pale eyes landed squarely on the lead’s as those few thoughts turmoiled in her head, the intensity and warning in those eyes enough to curl bark on a tree, or split a mountain in two. She didn’t have to say anything in that moment to get her point across. If he did anything in the following few minutes that deemed him as a hazard, she'd kick his brains right out his ear. It was time they knew she wasn’t alone. Suddenly arching her neck to look out into the forest, her eyes fixing on something only she could see, she let out a cooing, but urgent whinny. "Sunny! It’s okay, you can come out now! Mommy needs your help with a few things!"

I*/\*I Halo I*/\*I

Halo gave a restless twitch as the darkness held him prisoner, roiling just beneath the surface in a desperate attempt to rejoin his world. His herd. His friends. Bandit. She needs me… they need me… he thought painfully, pinching his spectral eyes shut so deeply, that his real ones shuttered ever so slightly in the conscious world. The others were just out of reach, no matter how he struggled to find them in the delirious, black hole he’d fallen into, but he continued to fight… it. The dark, the black, the nothing. All he could hope, even as his thoughts drifted and curved, was that Bandit was fighting, fighting hard. Just like he was. She had to. She was one of the strongest willed mare’s he’d ever met, surely she was doing all she possibly could to stay alive. Surely the others had helped her. Were still helping her. And hopefully, helping him as well. The deepest, darkest things swirled around him as he wandered through empty, feverish space, in a place so terrible, so evil, that it brought him actual pain. So horrible, that he reeled back in an attempt to escape it’s sickening grasp. It, was his past. Memories flashed before him like lightning bolts, enveloping him, drawing him into their deadly claws as they presented themselves. And he had to relive them, one by one, in a seemingly endless turmoil since the day he was born.

“But Hellion… he is your son…!” his mother’s normally soft voice cried with stunned disbelief, and her hazy image projected itself like a dream in Halo’s mind. Curious, foal-like emotions took hold at his very roots. He saw the images around him, he felt the sense of the situation, but he was still as much a prisoner to those scenes as he was to his own mind. All he could do was wait as they hopelessly reenacted themselves against his will. He gazed warmly up at Angel from a lying position, her soft tail coiling tightly around him for warmth as he gave a small shiver. The mountain breeze was stout that morning, and his tail wasn’t quite developed enough for such a task, as he hadn’t been born for very long. However, little did the shivery colt know, the young mare’s tail had contracted just as much out of fear as a need to protect her son from the elements. This daunted Hellion in the least. Halo’s father scowled down upon him with pure disgust, eyeing him with a gaze as red and dangerous as a forest fire. The youngster would have cringed if he’d known better, if he’d known that true evil did, in fact, exist. But he was innocent then. You could see the excitement draining from Halo’s mother by the second as her mate’s gaze turned on her. His voice came in a low, acidic murmur, hazardously close to showing just how power hungry and insane the stallion actually was. “This… thing, it will compete for my rank as lead once it matures. My power over Ice Ridge will be questioned by it’s very existence, and that is not an option.” His voice had shifted into a deep snarl as he finished, and Angel, now wide eyed with horror, pulled her foal into a death grip as her colt’s future slowly, and sickeningly, began to unfold. She shivered helplessly as the stallion paced, plotting, thinking, and flinched frightfully away as he came to an abrupt stop. “As soon as he’s weaned, I want him gone.” And with that, he stormed off to rejoin the rest of his artfully, and entirely brainwashed herd. Halo, completely oblivious even still, yawned sleepily, nuzzling closer to his mother with a soft whinny of approval. She was so warm, and the scent of her creamy fur delighted him. He even considered bucking, from a lying position, but was just to sleepy. But Mother? Why was she so sad? “Don’t worry my little one,” Angel cooed shakily into her son’s forehead, carefully worrying at the tuft of hair that would soon be ablaze with a chestnut mane. “I will never leave you, I promise.” That was the last thing he heard before succumbing to sleep’s gentle call.

Unfortunately, that was the first, and last, moderately peaceful flash back that Halo had that morning. His first year of life, well, it proceeded to leisurely carve away at his emotions. The little comments from the foals his age. The mean looks from his herd mates. His father’s wrath. And then year number two. Ahh yes, when his life officially did a nose dive over a cliff, the inevitable impact looming closely up ahead. When his mother had to fake his abandonment just to stay with him. When he had to sleep all alone with Anara, the ostracized and abandoned filly from his herd, just to stay warm at night. When his mother went looking for him on that cruel, stormy night, because he feared the lightning. Before then, he’d only thought he was doomed. This final memory, this final image that he would carry with him through nearing three more years of wandering, emotional relapse, and stray mares, hit him like a dagger. No, like a searing set of cougar claws, messily dragging their way through his soul. Never to heal, but to scar over, just barely visible to the public until pointed out. But alas, he remained locked into that cruel relm of nightmares and flash backs as solidly as stone. His years as a rogue, a meer stray of nature to drift on the wind, caused his heart to pound with a kind of fear, an empty sadness, that nobody else could possibly understand unless they'd ever loved. Been loved back. And then left for the love of another. To be left as a meer shell of your original being, and to never stop thinking of what you could have possibly done to make her stay... A small tear rolled down his cheek as he gave another repressed twitch. A crack was forming, a split of light that would lead to the crisp breath of an early morning. One that would bring him back to the world he loved and knew, if he pushed hard enough. And he was nearly there.

({And the deviousness continues. xD})

I<?>I Shadow of the Day I<?>I

Shadow bolted off through the trees at a steady gallop, his steely, blue gaze locked ahead as he plotted his next move. They were playing right into his hooves. If he could keep the real him (whom he much preferred to this sappy, fatherly fellow he was forced to portray under Canad’s sceptical eye) under a tight rein, everything else would fall right into place. That simple. A sly, vindictive smile had just begun to spread across his face, the wind ripping through his mane like a storm, when he felt something. Something bothersome. Something unworthy. Something that pinched. His ears pinned in a murderous scowl as he threw on the brakes. His daughter. The second most irritating thing that another equid could possibly do to him, and that she had picked up young, was tail pulling. He hated it. Absolutely despised it. And his patience snapped for the filly with that single strand of silvery hair that she now clasped angrily in her front teeth. He turned on Chaos, threateningly throwing his head with a hint of that withering disapproval he always managed to save just for her, and then shifted to an underhanded grin as he stared her down. They were far enough into the woods now that he could do pretty much whatever he pleased without the herd’s witness (little fool, isolating herself like this), but he had better things to do. More productive things than luring his featherbrained filly off a cliff somewhere. Giving a low snicker, and an amused shake of his head, he finally turned away with a wide swish of his tail. It rustled some leaves in some intercepting shrubs, and a bird began calling somewhere overhead as he finally spoke to the filly that seemed to lurk around every, available corner. Well,” he chuckled over his shoulder with an odious twist, “you haven’t changed one bit, have you Chaos?” His eyes were as hard and dangerous as any rogue’s before him as they continued to guardedly dart back to hers, and he now diligently gathered leaves from an old oak tree as he awaited her impending bombardment of accusations. There would most certainly be no herd deaths on his watch, so he was going to at least return with what was asked of him. That would help build trust. Trust would come in handy... later. The air was still; cool in the mountainous heights, and the sun shown golden through many tall trees. Thousands of shadows seemed to dance all around them, somehow adding to the frightening silence as the light slowly crept it’s way into the sky. Morning was upon them.

LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me