Tips for New Players!

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Tips for New Players!

Postby WildDragonfly » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:47 am

Hello there! Need help?

First of all welcome to you :D If you are confused, or want to get a better understanding of Chicken Smoothie, then you are in a good place. I'll try to go over and explain many areas that may be confusing in the beginning.

How to Adopt
    You've just joined Chicken Smoothie, so of course if you haven't yet, you will want to grab yourself some new pets!

Click the 'Adopt' button on the main menu to reach the Adoptables available for the month.
    It is best to adopt the maximum amount of each pet type. As pets grow they often have several outcomes, so adopting all you can, gives you a better chance of obtaining most, if not all of these outcomes.
    Extra double outcomes that you get will also be great to go toward trading for pets you need ;)

Pet Groups
    Creating several groups for your pets is a great way to keep track and view your different pet types. It is a good idea to create a "Trade Group" and move the pets you are willing to trade here. it makes it easier for potential trading partners to know what you have to offer.

Creating a new trade group is very easy. Just go to your 'My pets' page, and click the 'Create a new group to organize your pets' link at the bottom left.
    From here simply enter your new groups name, and click 'Create'. You will now have a new group.

Moving pets
    To move pets into a new group, tick the little white box under each pet you wish to move. If you want to move a whole page of pets, scroll down to the bottom right of the page, and click 'Mark all' which is located under the drop down menu.
    Once your pet(s) are selected, use the drop down menu to select the group you wish to move them to, and click 'Go'. Your pets will now be moved.
    Note: If moving large amounts of pets, be aware that you can only move one page at a time.

How to start a Trade
    Starting a trade can be done several ways, and this will soon become like second nature to you.

If you find an enticing deal in the CS Trades section, you can start a trade by clicking the 'Trade with me' link that appears on the right of forum posts.

Secondly you can start a trade by first clicking on a persons User-name, and then proceeding to click the 'Trade with me' link at the bottom left of the members profile page.

Trades can also be started if you are viewing a members pet that is in a group set to allow trades. Just go to the pets page, and click 'Make a trade offer for this pet...' at the bottom left of the page.

Lastly, if you know your trading partners user-name and just want to get to it, click the 'Trades' button located near the top left of the site.

From here click the button - Image. You will be prompted to type in the members User-name. Make sure that it is spelled exactly right, or you may unintentionally be starting a trade with someone that has a similar name >.< Oops!

How to use the Trading System
    Lets us an image for this one. It is fairly easy to understand once you learn how it works.

Trade Rules
    If you want your own set of trade rules that members can see when starting a trade with you:
    Go to 'Trades' at the top left of the site. Click the - Image button.

Here, you can enter your trade rules in the white text area. Be sure to save when you are done!
    You can use BBCode to spiff it up if you like. Here is a great guide regarding trade rules -
    {Guide} Creating the Perfect Trade Rules

Your Wishlist
    Creating a Wishlist is a very good idea. It is great for not only keeping track of what pets you are missing, but also it lets your trading partners know what you are missing.

To start, simply click the 'Wishlist' link located near the top left of the site. Browse through the different years and sections of pets. When you find one you are missing, just click 'Add to wishlist' located at the right of the pet image chart.

The Forum
    Posting among the forum is easy, not to mention fun :D There is a large variety of sections, topics and activities. Chances are you will find something to enjoy.
    If you've found a great topic and want to jump into the discussion, posting a reply to the topic is really easy. Simply use the 'Post Reply' button located at the top left, and bottom left of the topic. If you're in a rush, you can also use the 'Quick Reply' option located at the bottom of the topic.

If you've decided you'd like to create a new topic, simply click 'New Topic' at the top left of the forum.
    Be sure to use a clear title that relates to your topic, and make sure to post your topic in the appropriate section of the forums.
    It can be useful to use the 'Search' function at the top of the forum board before creating a topic. Someone may have already created a topic regarding the same subject.

The Pound

The Chicken Smoothie Pound contains pets confiscated from cheaters, or donated pets from CS members.
    Opening of the Pound is completely, and I must stress this. Com-pletely random. The Pound is run by a few Staff members, so when they have time to manually fill and open it they do.
    It may open once every day, or only once a week. Regardless, the pound is meant to be special because you have a chance to get older, and more valued pets.

If you catch the Pound open, you can only adopt one pet per 24 hours. Choose wisely!

Donating your extra pets to the Pound is easy, just send a Trade to the User-name 'Pound' containing the pets you wish to donate.

The Oekaki
    Oekaki is a fun browser based application. Essentially you can use it to draw and colour.
    If you can't seem to get the Oekaki to work, be sure you have the latest version of Java. It is required for the application to function. http://www.java.com/en/

To start a new drawing, first go to the Oekaki section of the forums. For example, the Beginners Oekaki section. At the top of the board you will see a button at the top left that says 'New Drawing'. Once the application is loaded, just start playing around :D

The Chicken Smoothie Team
    Click here to find a list of the wonderful CS Team. The small descriptions for each member can give you a more in depth view of the person behind the colour. Don't worry they don't bite! Well, most of them heh.

You can also find a colour coded Legend at the bottom of the main forum page. This is a quick way to reach a members profile if need be.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Going more in depth on certain areas would require very large sections or even separate topics lol.
    So questions are certainly welcome ^_^

This topic was originally created by LIG:)
    I have re-vamped, added on and expanded most areas
Last edited by WildDragonfly on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm not dead, just too busy to do my usual leisure activities online. Real life always catches up with you lol.
If you have any questions please ask another one of our awesome General Helpers
<3
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: TIPS FOR NEWBIES!!!

Postby Shadow » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:45 am

Sticky'd. This is one of the most thorough guides that anybody has written so far. :3
Quantum

"Life
is a great big canvas,
and you should throw
all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye
Shadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LIG:) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:50 am

Shadow wrote:Sticky'd. This is one of the most thorough guides that anybody has written so far. :3

:D Yay! It took me to 2 days (SO FAR!) to get this far I am really happy my hard work is paying off!!
LIG:)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cirque » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:21 pm

This so really thorough and informative. Very good job, it's easy to understand and covers the basics newbies should know. :3
Last edited by Cirque on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cirque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tinydoodles » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:39 pm

How do you start a poll?
Code: Select all
                                              *                                 *
          *     __                   *
   *        ,db'                                                *                     *
          ,d8/        *                                               *
          `db\            *                               *
            `o`_                    *                                              *
                                  _                ___       _.--.
          *                       \`.|\..----...-'`   `-._.-'_.-'`
                *                 /  ' `         ,       __.--'
       *                          )/' _/     \   `-_,   /
                                  `-'" `"\_  ,_.-;_.-\_ ',
//---\/---------__--/-------\\-------- _.-'_./----{_.' ; /----\//--v-----//---\/---------__--/-----
                                     {_.-``-'         {_/

tinydoodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkFloyd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:40 am

Heye^^
Thanks, these tips were very useful.
Bu I have a question: (excuse my bad english, I'm german)
How long does it take until the pups are grown up?

Thx for any answers :mrgreen:
My Sona "Knuspel" <3
PinkFloyd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lock » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 am

Very helpful guide. It's nice and detailed. It'll really help newbies find their way around the site. I love the pictures. xD

PinkFloyd - it depends on the pet. it can take as little as six days for newborn pups to grow up, but usually take almost a month to reach adulthood. It varies a LOT, though. :3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm

so the pound is super random? like refresh stalk it every minntue?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 am

kaiyodei wrote:so the pound is super random? like refresh stalk it every minntue?

No. You would be wasting your time if you did that. :3
I use a simple way to tell when the Pound will be open. You see, when the message changes to "The Pound will open within half a day" It can open anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours (I think that's the correct timespan...). So, basically, if you were going to stalk the Pound, you would only need to refresh every 30 minutes. The Pound only opens about once or twice a week, though, so stalking the Pound isn't very useful. You just have to be at the right place at the right time to adopt pets from the Pound, you could say.

Most people ask their questions here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25507

LIG - maybe you should consider adding a section to your guide with links to important threads? That way, this thread won't be flooded with questions.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mystic Phantom » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 am

hi i'm new here this sorta helped.... :)
Pet's name: Razatazz
[url]Hey people what's up Mystic here!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yellowwwwwwww run away sooooo bright!!!!!!!! Sorry if that caused temporary vision loss or compleate blindness
Mystic Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me