Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Who wants to live forever? (quest for improvement) by ButterflyChaser

Artist ButterflyChaser [gallery]
Time spent 14 hours, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 16
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Who wants to live forever? (quest for improvement)

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

"How much blood must it take? Do you truly feel happy with yourself?" The voice seemed to radiate from the mask left on the ground in front of Benliadar's paws. "I hope you feel joy. I hope you feel joy seeing others suffer. It seems to be what you've made of yourself." The voice echoed through his mind. It was an angry, harsh voice. "I've seen you. Some day I hope that your heart will be broken again, set free from the hardness you made of it." The voice ended. A scream of pain.

Benliadar remembered it vividly. The healer laid motionless after he slashed her throat. Her words angered him. Why her words angered him so much and why he killed her, he couldn't remember. Only that she was in the way. Her whole tribe was in the way. After all, they banished Kuro. They had no interest in everlasting life. They have to pay. It was Benliadar's role to make them pay.

"Why do I want to live forever?" grumbled Benliadar softly under his breath, "I'll only be haunted by memories and pain." He sighed, regretting he said that. What if any of the other wolves heard him? He could be charged for blasphemy. Heaven forbid Kuro found out. But still Benliadar couldn't figure out the big deal about living forever. Really who wants to eternally be tortured with memories of losing their loved ones..or...the guilt..of...murdering other wolves's loved ones? Why would he want to be haunted with their cries of pain? Why did he have to care so much? Heck they are enemies. Soldiers aren't supposed to care about their enemies. Benliadar felt angry with himself for even letting his mind go this far. He forced himself to change his thoughts. There was another battle coming up. He needs to get sleep. After all a sleep deprived commander can't be any use in battle. His soldiers needed him. Benliadar shoved the mask away and tucked his head into his paws. Snoring, he soon fell asleep.

(TL;dr?)
Last edited by ButterflyChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Who wants to live forever?

Postby Wolfmoon99 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Great picture!
:)
Image Image Image Image

Please click these eggs, or they may die! PM me for clickbacks, thanks.
Wolfmoon99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badkitten » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:44 pm

wow! This is amazing!
badkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby melon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Lovely drawing, deserves to be featured. ;D
Open to art commissions. PM me!

Image ImageImage
melon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks, but you know, it won't be featured. I highly doubt it. It doesn't look as good as half of the stuff I see posted here, much less the ones in the intermediate gallery, even after all the time I wasted on it. Story was a fail as well. Oh well. Whatever.

Anyways. Updated. Light source attempted. Now he really does look iridescent. The mask appears to be emitting a strange mist. The drawing still fails. I still can't draw wrinkles. Or backgrounds. Or much of anything else at that. It is embarrassing I even tried to post this. May it rest in peace as it crashes off the first page.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MiaohMia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:14 pm

I don't think this is beginner art work
MiaohMia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 am

Well it's not quite advanced either. I'm not sure where to put it. It does say:
Artists of all levels of skill are welcome to draw here!

Edited: Is it any better without those ugly rocks in the front? I tried to remove them. I also reduced the charcoal stripes. They looked dorky. Any better? Or should I stop wasting my time on this. I should take the silence as an answer.

(I merged my latest replies to fix a double post.)

I cut off part of the top post because it made a big TL;DR block of text. (and I put it here, where no one will ever read it anyway.)
I was kind of reminded of this song I found on youtube once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8-FTvSVxs

More Aurion stuff to go with my post:
viewtopic.php?t=672043
Another picture of him
viewtopic.php?t=680483

This is one of two drawings in my head. Overall I like how it came out, though it didn't turn out nearly as well as I see it in my head.
I learned there is a blender and I abused it heavily. If you could see how I did this, all the erasing, redrawing, erasing, and drawing over, you may see why I posted this in the beginner's gallery. Oh and the weird things holding the mask are supposed to be his paws. :oops: I couldn't find a good site reference to practice upon. The timer is relatively accurate, except there is probably about an hour and a half spent surfing and looking up stuff. Most of the time was spent going over and reworking stuff, trying to figure out what the clue I am doing. I fail at writing stories too.
Last edited by ButterflyChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Who wants to live forever? (failed art/story)

Postby Bfoor0717 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 am

Wow this looks pretty good. I loved the story too! I felt mesmerized when i read it. it looks good maybe a little fog or low mist to add effect but otherwise awesome.
Finally came back :3
Woooooooo
Bfoor0717

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 am

Bfoor0717 wrote:Wow this looks pretty good. I loved the story too! I felt mesmerized when i read it. it looks good maybe a little fog or low mist to add effect but otherwise awesome.

I like that idea. As soon as I learn how to color realistic smoke/mist.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honey badga » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:55 am

WOAH. Nice picture, I have a question. Did you make up that story?
honey badga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me