Artist nio [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

goobies | pond-dweller

Postby nio » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:20 pm

diab goobie
[g1] fur, tongue shape, pupil edit, hair
[g2] ears, vestigial goo elsewhere on body (lilypads)
[t1] custom membrane horn, custom membrane tail

this is a collab adopt between annaebell and i! she did the lines and i did the colours! i think they turned out super cute <3
here’s the other adopt we made, where i lined and she coloured!

draw/write about their home! (where it is, what's inside, what it's like, etc!)
no limit on word count or art or anything! go bananas!

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]pronouns:[/b]
[b]prompt:[/b]

ends december 1st
Last edited by nio on Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies | pond-dweller

Postby Lex. » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:48 am

this is the cutest goobie i've ever seen omg <3
mark!

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:45 am

username: rabbit.tears
name: clover
pronouns: he/she
prompt:
clover lives in a lovely open pond area, lined with an unusual amount of pink and white flowers. lily pads litter the water, providing a nice resting spot for creatures living there. the area, though open, is shielded by huge oak trees that surround the entire area, making it seem like the place was purposely hidden. frogs jet through the water, butterflies flitter about, and squirrels can be seen watching from the trees. occasionally, a deer or two passes through the area—it seems like the whole area is bursting with life. in the center of it all is a small island surrounded by water lilies floating along the pond, with a run-down cottage in the dead center. on the outside, vines drape down the sides of the building, with moss growing on the top. the door has some pretty looking windchimes, and some porcelain goobies stand next to the door, posing in a 'welcome in' position.

the inside of the cottage is no different from the outside. before clover actually found the cottage, it was abandoned. the inside's overrun with several plant species growing all over the place—vines grew in from the windows, and ivy broke through the wood on the ground. there were bright flowers that had made their home inside, some growing in the cracks in the walls, some bursting through the ground alongside the ivy. after he arrived, clover hadn't fixed the place up much; he liked the wild feel. it reminded him of where he grew up, taking him back to the small pond he once thrived in as a goo.

instead, he added some small touches here and there: some small potted plants he'd place at the broken window, a birdcage he'd fashioned from some of the wood lying around that he hung on the vines outside. he tore the old and rotting wallpaper, instead opting to cover the walls with vines and wild flowers. he'd taken the flowers from the lily pads and hung them in front of the building, making sure they were fixed in a way they wouldn't fall. he managed to climb the cottage and collect some of the moss, using it to make a sort of garden to plant certain plants and cleaning the roof a bit in the process. it took him awhile, but he even wittled a small statue of the gob, placing it in front of the door next to the porcelain goobies. using nature's resources, he made the place his own. though he didn't change much, he's still happy with it all.

wasn't in a writing or drawing mood so i hope this all is decent, apologies for grammer mistakes ;;
Last edited by rabbit.tears on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
just chillin' here tbh
toyhouse

sig art by me ^^
ImageImageImage
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catra » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:46 am

username: catra
name: nymph (from lilypad scientific family name Nymphaeaceae)
pronouns: he/him
prompt:

nymph sighed, releasing some of the tension in his shoulders as he walked across the forest.
it had been a long day at work, like always. helping another goobie with their chores wasn't so bad, but it's not really what this little pond-dweller had pictured for himself.

"come on, not again," he mumbled under his breath, glancing down at his goo-paws covered in decomposing leaves. fall had come and gone this year, and the once-vibrant forest was becoming desolate.
it was a long journey home, because of course nymph had to pick the most isolated place possible.
his pond was in the deepest corner of the woods, and it was his pond and his alone. at least, that's what he used to think, but things had changed...
as nymph got closer to the pond, he couldn't help but let a smile peek through his face.
the little shack was just across the pond, with only one way to get there - through!
he dived into the pond, just barely scraping the muddy bottom of it before resting at the surface.
cattails and greenery surrounded the pond, with lilypads providing small islands for frogs to rest on. crickets chirped around the border of it, and algae bloomed.
though it was getting cold, life was abundant here.

"hang on, i'm coming!" he shouted, swimming through the pond towards the shack.
the shack was... quite literally a shack. just some old wood, roughly gathered and built into just enough space to have a single room. there was a bed with a huge pile of blankets, a small fire pit, and a desk cluttered with small keepsakes.

"oh, how i missed you," he whispered, his voice softening upon looking at his friend, who let out a squeak.
the tiniest little water vole named arvi lay in the blankets.

"i know, i know darling i'm sorry i stayed late. how about we go for a swim together?" nymph said, wrapping his goo-body around the little vole in a hug. he squeaked in response, and they went outside together.
nymph swam with arvi holding onto his antennae, and all of his frustrations melted away.
nymph was starting to realize that though he had been alone in the shack for years, being in the pond with arvi felt like home.
Last edited by catra on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
catra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CobraAsh » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:27 pm

username: cobraash
name: Ozanka (Meaning: Wall germander flower [a pretty pink flower from the Mediterranean region])
pronouns: it/its
prompt: it lives in a small murky pond covered in lilypads and surrounded by willow trees. The waters edge has reeds and frogs jumping around the edge searching for the nearest bugs to catch. Tadpoles swim in swarms around the water surface trying to catch a glimpse of the tall willow trees that loom above. Deep in the depths of the pond lies an alien like creature that adopted the traits of a lilypad over time and hunts tadpoles and other small fish for nutrients. The creature lives in a fallen Willow tree that sunk deep into the pond and over time hollowed out and became soft. The floor of the pond had an abundance of pond weed and bladder wort that Ozanka could hide and wait for prey in. The pond was such a small piece of the earth, so forgotten, untouched by the hands of mankind, yet its insignificance never stopped it from being beautiful and Enchanting
Hi :). I do commissions btw people. DM if intrested i do it for cheap.

CobraAsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lupiine » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:01 pm

ImageImageImage

username: keeshond
name: lotus
pronouns: they/them
prompt:

Image Lotus walks through the outskirts of the jungle, from where they live it's not very lush but they're content with where they live. They've lived here their whole life, ever since they were just a tadpole.. er.. goo. After visiting Reed (their best friend) for some lunch, they've finally decided to go home. Lotus isn't a very outgoing and social goobie. Image They smile when they see their home in the distance. The mushroom-style house blends right into the forest. With wild mushrooms growing around, all different shapes and colours, you have to focus to see that the house isn't just one giant mushroom itself. After Lotus walks closer, an army of frogs jump out of the ponds surrounding their home! "Hey hey guys! I missed you too haha!!" Lotus chuckles as they sit down on the ground. As much as they love hanging out with their best friend, coming home to see their roommates is extremely calming. Image

Image After a while they get up and walk into their house. Plants are everywhere. It almost looks abandoned the way the house is littered with wild mushrooms, small saplings, and ferns. Not to mention they have a small pond leading to the outside around the back! Lotus decided to add that on as a late addition to the house specifically so frogs can wade in and out of their home. Image They even made a 'lazy river' for the frogs! Though they love their froggie friends, they absolutely adore their other friends. Dragonflies, snakes, alligators, herons, and even some platypus come for a visit! Their house isn't very big so the animals take up a lot of the room, however, Lotus wouldn't have it any other way. Image

!! winner cannot use this art !!

ImageImageImage
. . . CREDITS . . .
pixel stone divider
mushroom sprite
hollow log sprite
ivy divider
pot plant divider

Last edited by lupiine on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Art ShopTHDiscord; Lupine#4405
lupiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:39 am

username: imabanditø
name: sakura
pronouns: she/it
prompt:
    sakura’s home feels like it came straight from a fairytale. she resides in dove’s crossing, within walking distance to its signature heart-shaped lake. due to her proximity to the area’s main landmark, sakura takes great pride in making sure her house is all-around as beautiful as possible.

it has cottage-styled architecture, and has a beige stone exterior. some stones are shaped like flowers and hearts, while the majority are standard round shapes. sakura painted the shaped stones herself, opting for a rainbow of pastels to fit in with the neighborhood. the home is three stories, with the top floor being a rooftop greenhouse filled with flowers and a man-made waterfall that spills down into the koi pond in the front yard. the yard also contains several fountains and lawn decorations such as gnomes and ceramic pieces, and also has a fenced stone path that leads to dove’s crossing’s main road.

the interior is filled with cute trinkets and furniture pieces that give a fairy princess-like vibe to the rooms. most pieces are white, beige, or some other light neutral color, with subtle pops of pastel colors to add a feeling of life. the first floor contains the living room, dining room, and kitchen, and the second floor has sakura’s bedroom and the painting studio that doubles as the guest bedroom when she has company over.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:38 pm

ty everyone for entering!! i had a great time looking through the entries <3

this goober is going to keeshond! congrats!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me