Based on Click to view
Artist Deercan [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars Artist Entry #1

Postby Deercan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi, I'm Deercan !
Why I want to be a guest artist: I've been contemplating trying the artist search for a while, even if just for a temporary GA position, but I finally decided I'd go in and finally try out for ga/full artist. Stars is such a kind and comfortable community, and I'd absolutely love to make some cats for people now that I'm slowly getting a better grip on oekaki & to give back to the community. It's been super fun learning about cat genetics, so I think it could be very fun to try out drawing some patterns I never have before as adopts to furthur improve my skill as well! I've been itching to make some more adopts and use my stored adopt prompt list as well xD
Prior closed species staff experience: I've been an artist/mod for a handful of older cs closed species; I'm currently a moderator/semi artist for the cs closed species Lambicorns, and a mod for the arpgs EOS Strata and Pokepark.
Anything else we should know?: I have chronic pain and some health issues, which means it takes a bit longer for me to draw, although I do like to draw all in one session even if it takes a few hours for one design. These shouldn't get in the way of things hopefully, but if anything does ever come up which prevents me from completing something at a time, I will be sure to let you know if I am hired.
My timezone is EST, although I am online for most hours of the day, and I do have a discord account/am in the discord already.
I may occasionally ask for clarifications when communicating things, I have some processing difficulties, which means I'll probably ask a fair amount of questions just to make sure I understand everything clearly, I do hope this is alright.

bimetallic classic tabby with low white spotting and purple eyes (blue tabby base)
Edits:
nr - claws, expression edit
c - fangs, pupil shape, sclera colour, pointed ears
uc - unnatural eye colours, medium fur edits, long tail (I think, correct me if wrong)

got a drawing tablet so I decided to finally try out designing on oekaki, as I've only ever designed cats off oekaki on mobile before. It's been a bit odd to figure out and took some time to get used to, but it's been very fun and good experience! I'm open to constructive criticism / art tips if anyone has any as well! :-3

the sessions count is wrong I did this all in two sessions LOL - oekaki kept glitching every time I left the tab so I guess I know what not to do next time

open for claims if you have the Myo/edits or plan to get them shortly! I made the blue a bit too blue so they'd be rare, however all the hexcodes are saved in the oekaki; the layers are seperate as well so if you claim you can change that yourself if you want them to be uncommon.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars Artist Entry #1

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:23 pm

Beautiful entry Deercan !!
Image Image Image