Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Chimeric Creation: Artist Applications by emgeal

Based on Click to view
Artist emgeal [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Chimeric Creation: Artist Applications

Postby emgeal » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:05 am

Chimeric Collective
╔════════════╗
Main | Founders | Lab | Store | Lore
╚════════════╝

Artist Applications!

Very few closed species can operate with only one artist and I'm not a superhero, so I would love some help. There may seem to be a lot of rules, but it is entirely to make your fellow artists lives easier!

Basic Rules
  • All Chimeras created under the "Adopt" banner must be exclusively based on real world creatures and their patterns and colors should be within the realm of possibility.
  • No sexual characteristics should be added to the adoptable, these are intended to be gender neutral. Neither sex nor gender matter for Chimeras as they create offspring in the Lab. The Chimera's owner may add those characteristics in additional art of the character at their discretion (while following CS rules).
  • Coversheets are okay, but not required. Don't create one until you've got at least one finished example.

Art Organization and Callouts:
  • When making a Chimera you should duplicate all base layers into the "This Adoptable" folder before editing them. This ensure the base lines remain available.
  • When making a Chimera each color in the pattern should be on a different layer and named "Mark Color" (ie "Mark Dark Blue"), multiple layers with the same color are fine if they are necessary, they should be labeled "Mark Color 1" and "Mark Color 2". You should merge them into as few layers as possible however.
  • The lines for this adoptable are Pen Size 2 (1 for details), with a suggested smoothing of at least 85%. The shading layers are 40% visible and set to Multiply.
  • You may redraw and reshade any aspects of the base, but must use the same organization of traits and folders as well as the same pose as the base adoptable.
  • You must add me to the entry so that I can verify you did the layering right.

Artist Application Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Original Creature:[/b]
[b]Traits:[/b]
[b]Did you remember to add emgeal to this image?[/b] Y/N
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me