Artist Wretched.Felidae [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Artist Entry - Minty Gaze inspo

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Inspiration >>;\

Blue broken mackerel tabby with white and mint optics
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Artist Entry - Minty Gaze inspo

Postby Swishy & Broken » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:48 pm

I love how you did the tabby markings, and the patchy white is so cute!

(Since u asked for feedback;)
You're doing a great job improving! I think maybe looking up real cats for reference might help you out a bit!
A few of your designs are just a tad too dark for what i would personally like (Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4333185) -- looking at real cats might help you to figure out what colors you should use and where specific markings/traits might usually be located! ^w^
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:I love how you did the tabby markings, and the patchy white is so cute!

(Since u asked for feedback;)
You're doing a great job improving! I think maybe looking up real cats for reference might help you out a bit!
A few of your designs are just a tad too dark for what i would personally like (Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4333185) -- looking at real cats might help you to figure out what colors you should use and where specific markings/traits might usually be located! ^w^

Thank you! I will definitely adhere to that advice! I will be redoing my old entries soon ^^
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:37 pm

I love the white!

I would suggest a bit more tappering with the tabby markings. while it's normal to have a few blunt edges, but most taper to be smaller at the ends of the darker markings. Also would like to mention, most tabby markings all go in a specific direction based on where they are located and what type of tabby (as Swish said look up some tabbies) As for the white, it feels like you have random faded spots? particularly around the shoulder. While this is cool looking, and I would love to see this on a cat, I don't think it's realistic. It may help to study genetics for more realistic looking cats.

Overall this kitty is really cute and I like them quite a bit.

For your other entries, though it be a bit off topic, I see you like to use the soft brush? I would like to suggest using it a little less. A lot of them are neat though! I really like your color choices and patterns for many of them.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:46 am

0Zero0 wrote:I love the white!

I would suggest a bit more tappering with the tabby markings. while it's normal to have a few blunt edges, but most taper to be smaller at the ends of the darker markings. Also would like to mention, most tabby markings all go in a specific direction based on where they are located and what type of tabby (as Swish said look up some tabbies) As for the white, it feels like you have random faded spots? particularly around the shoulder. While this is cool looking, and I would love to see this on a cat, I don't think it's realistic. It may help to study genetics for more realistic looking cats.

Overall this kitty is really cute and I like them quite a bit.

For your other entries, though it be a bit off topic, I see you like to use the soft brush? I would like to suggest using it a little less. A lot of them are neat though! I really like your color choices and patterns for many of them.

I’m guilty of running to the soft brush 90% of the time.
Do you have any website recommendations for studying genetics? And thank you for your feedback! 💙
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:06 am

Demonic.Canine. wrote:I’m guilty of running to the soft brush 90% of the time.
Do you have any website recommendations for studying genetics? And thank you for your feedback! 💙

The Stars discord has some helpful links on there genetics tab pinned to the channel, but I read a lot of books when it came to learning genetics. In which I don't even remember the titles oops I also just tend to look up the coat colors and try to find out what causes them. The one I use the most is this chart. Looking up your favorite breed and what coat genetics they end up with and why is something I do a lot as well.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist