No Longer Fallen [Tail 1] by Scei

Based on Click to view
Artist Scei [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

No Longer Fallen [Tail 1]

Postby Scei » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:07 am

xxxxxRowanstar dipped his head under the shallow brush, his paws heavy and his whiskers driping raindrops and tickling his nose. He parted his jaw and scented the air, the thick smell of decomposing leaves, wet soil, and his fellow clanmates filling his senses. They were tired, they had been following him blindly (sorry bearcreek) as he directed his clan to a new land, and no clue where the new home he had promised them would be. He had known it was close for the past couple of foxlengths… Starclan had sent him the signs, he had followed them and trusted them, they would not let his clan down for the first time in generations.
xxxxxRowanstar barely had time to catch a flicker of white before he felt his deputy’s presence alongside him. “They are growing weary rowanstar…” Her soft voice drifed off as rowanstar turned to look towards her, her face was towards the clanmates following them.
xxxxx“I understand this Cottonfur-” he paused, swallowing the tickling annoyance from his voice “Starclan pointed to this location, it can’t be much farther.”
xxxxxCottonfur looked skeptical but dipped her head, rowanstar could tell she trusted his word with her life, and knowing this restored his hope and determination, he stopped and turned to his clan as they lifted their heads one by one to see why they had stopped “not much farther Fallenclan, starclan pointed here and they have not failed us all before.” the cinnamon tom called, his eyes scanning over the wet crew of clanmates behind him before tilting his head towards the raindrops falling above him.

xxxxxIn that instant the rain slowly come to a stop, and the clouds cracked above him, a soft glow lighting a path in front of the soggy clan, their eyes lighting up almost as bright. Rowanstar whipped his head towards the light highlighting the path in front of them, his ears perked and his eyes dilated. He was still but a second before he broke out into a full sprint, following the bright light with newly surged hope, the patter of paws hitting wet leaves behind him.
xxxxxA flicker of light later and the entire clan was standing before a large maple tree, the rain around them had stopped entirely and the sun above highlighted the open area around them with glittering dew drops. The tree was beautiful, gorgeous even.. It had to have been atleast 2000 months old the magnificent tree was ginormous while not the largest the crew had ever seen it still left all of them awestruck. Its roots twisted and twined through the air before sinking into the soil to continue its fluid motion underneath the paws of the clan, the leaves above sparkled with reds, oranges, and yellows- every leaf glowing with the new sunlight as if the sun had been long forgotten and then seen for the first time in a long while.
xxxxxRowanstar was the first to move from the open-mouthed clan; he bounded up to the base of the tree and leaped up it to the lowest branch, turning towards his clanmates below him and letting out an excited hollar “Fallenclan; Starclan has shown us the way once more. This shall be the home of our new abode! The territory is fresh with prey, the lands are plentiful with cover, and this astounding timber would serve as a wonderful place for our kits to grow old!” His head turned towards the sturdy tree next to him. “On the note of new lands- we shall be fallenclan no longer!” his clan below him meowed in confusion as they stirred softly. “From now on we will be Amberclan! Keepers of the fallen leaves and wardens of the seasons!”
xxxxxThe cats below him purred harmoniously together with the fresh news, they all seemed to enjoy the idea of no longer being fallen, of becoming something worthy of the superlative forest around them! “We are Amberclan!” the cheered as rowanstar clambored back down the Home Tree; stepping closer to the tanglement of roots and ushering his deputy closer.

xxxxx“We shall start by getting some prey to feed our hungry bellies, Cottonfur please organize a patrol of a few cats, they need to be willing to find food for all of us….”
xxxxxCottonfur dipped her head “seeing as the sky has mostly cleared im sure the prey will be coming out of their dens to hunt for their own food as well, so it shouldn’t be hard” she explained, nodding her head as she glanced from cat to cat- mentally picking out who should go on the first patrol of the new territory.
xxxxx“Be sure to tell them not to go too far from this tree, we don’t know what else is around here but we know atleast the way we came was safe” he muttered, examining the roots with wonder and amazement “Also; Get a second patrol to start collecting materials for den building, we are all tired and the fastest we make these dens the faster we wont have to worry about the rain again” Rowanstar continued, running a paw down the bark of one of the roots. He paused and turned his head towards Cottonfur, she seemed slightly startled as her leader looked towards her- directly eye to eye contact.
xxxxx“Sir?” She stuttered, leaning backwards and away from rowanstar’s intimidating gaze.
xxxxx“We are home…” He purred warmly, the deputy visibly relaxing as she understood his words, smiling warmly she nodded.
xxxxx“We sure are Rowanstar…” she sighed, smiling. The two cats stood for a moment longer before Cottonfur turned to direct the clan and start the setup of the new clan.
xxxxxRowanstar looked upwards through the blazing leaves and to the sky, finally feeling a weight off his shoulders and for the first time in a long time, finally being able to relax. He let out a loud sigh then fell to the ground, one of his clanmates exclaimed his name but he just started laughing, his eyes closed tightly as he laid on his belly, “We’re home!” he snickered.

posting is open
Scei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: No Longer Fallen [Tail 1]

Postby KittyandCat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am

I want to join this clan! I tried to start MoonClan- I didn't enjoy being alone. Could I be part of this?

he/him | EST

-flight rising

Image Image
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scei » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:45 pm

KittyandCat wrote:I want to join this clan! I tried to start MoonClan- I didn't enjoy being alone. Could I be part of this?

Thank you for your interest! But I'm not quite looking for other people to join it yet ^v^ feel free to keep in check though! When the clan gets a bit more fleshed-out I'll be looking into other neighboring clans!

xScei Terms of Service
This is my Sceignature
xxx Looking for Art
xxxx Adopt shop

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've quit cs already! i might show up once
and a while to post something i was thinking
about but i don't think ill be officially coming
back any time soon.
Scei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyandCat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:07 am

Scei wrote:
KittyandCat wrote:I want to join this clan! I tried to start MoonClan- I didn't enjoy being alone. Could I be part of this?

Thank you for your interest! But I'm not quite looking for other people to join it yet ^v^ feel free to keep in check though! When the clan gets a bit more fleshed-out I'll be looking into other neighboring clans!

Okay!

he/him | EST

-flight rising

Image Image
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me