#218 - floral formal (WINNER) by lysander

Based on Click to view
Artist lysander [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#218 - floral formal (WINNER)

Postby lysander » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:24 pm

hiya! here's my first adopt as an official artist!
as of writing this it's still under the AC but it should be moved shortly!

tell me a story about a garden!
you may interpret this however you wish.

500 words maximum
optional: 250 extra words or 1 art extra

ends nov. 26, 11:59pm -6 central

Code: Select all
username:
doll name:
prompt:
Last edited by lysander on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #218 - floral formal

Postby Ohpossums » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 am

mark
Ohpossums

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:50 am

username: Snowlondon
doll name: Leslie (meaning garden)
shadow name: Melantha (meaning dark flower)
prompt:

Her garden was special. It grew the best potion ingredients in the world. Everyone wanted to get their hands on its magical flora. In all honesty, she was the one making the garden as special as it was. She poured her heart into it, making sure each and every sapling flourished.

She carefully picked a few pure white berries, dropping them into her basket. Glancing at the time, she noted that the coven would be there in around an hour. Good. That gave her enough time to finish gathering all the plants.

The coven in question was a group of witches. They were coming to purchase her hand picked selection of plants, no doubt for potions. In return, they would give her magic. If all went well, it would be a good deal on both sides.

She continued walking around the garden, gathering the plants she was proudest of. She hummed softly to herself. Somewhere, a clock struck twelve. It was at that exact moment - no sooner, no later - that the the witches arrived.

From the moment she laid eyes on them, she knew that they were not of her world. It wasn’t because their hair was darker than darkness. It wasn’t because their eyes were the yellow of dandelions. It was because they radiated wisdom and knowledge. Not in the dusty library sort of way, but in a way that made you absolutely sure that you could trust them.

She suddenly felt self-conscious. Her garden was a mess. To someone who didn't know, it might seem like she barely cared for it. Plants grew everywhere, leaving barely any space to walk. If you didn’t know the layout by heart, it would impossible to find anything. She, of course, knew it by heart. She loved her garden fiercely. But these witches didn’t. What if they doubted her skills?

Banishing her uncertainties, she held out the basket. She pointed out every plant, from the moon berries to the nightmare ferns to the star flowers. When she was done, she could see the impressed looks on their faces. Others had grown these, but they’d always had defects. Not hers.

The leader of the coven took the basket. Wordlessly, they handed her a bottle of what appeared to be bubbles. The label read Volatio. She knew enough latin to know this meant flight. Had she just been given a flying potion? She put the bottle to the side. It would be a mystery for another time.

She thanked the witches, and they thanked her. She watched them turn and leave. There was an absence she'd never noticed before. The witches had brought more than a potion. They had brought a sense of security. A constant. Now that they were gone, she felt the uncertainties again.

She still had some certainties, though. Like her garden, she thought, as she inhaled the herbal scents around her. Some were sweet, some were bitter. They managed to blend together, creating an aroma unique to the garden. It was, indeed, special.
Last edited by Snowlondon on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wulfjaw » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 am

possibly entering with the idea that she anonymously cultivates a garden for her crush drust
💞💞💞

I use he/him pronouns.
Wulfjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 am

username:
doll name:
prompt:

mark !

hi, i'm lucas! i'm an adult who
uses any pronouns. i enjoy
creating art and playing
clarinet & French horn C:

my toyhou.se!
lucas tazmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:39 am

username:
doll name:
prompt: plays hide and seek w shadow in gardens?

wip
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:54 am

Bump

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRedGal » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:11 am

username: TheRedGal
doll name: Bryony Flos Umbros
shadow name: Hellebore
prompt:
A path beckons you with the sweet smell of night Jasmine, fireflies twinkling along the path. As you enter the garden, the opening arches covered in common hops and honey suckle. As you walk in soft whispers begin to envelope the garden, drawing your eyes towards the well the was cradled by candytuft and purple ice. Besides the candytuft and purple ice the garden seems eerily empty. As you walk to the well, taking note of four hedges forming a diamond around the well.
As you come upon the well, the voices becoming clearer a water lily enticing you to reach down, the tips of your fingers touching the water. Your eyes closing as the sound of violins began play, pink geraniums beginning to grow on one of the hedges, a soft ring beginning as foxgloves began to grow upon another, the soft drumming as hydrangea beat against each other, and dinnerplate dahlias' petals began to wiggling to the sound of keys on a piano.
The musical sensation bringing the garden to life as the voices began to sing, your eyes opening to see nymphs dancing and sing songs of old, flowers blooming as they danced. One reaches its hand out to you, encouraging you to dance along with them. Your eyes drift towards the exit before the nymph moved in front of you, her smile comforting. Letting your body lead you as you take her hand, her rose eyes brightening as she dragged you into a circle of nymphs, each nymphs’ hair made from many varying flowers.
As your eyes glance around the garden, a varying array of colors that hadn't been there when you entered. Their voices strong and lively as they sang in a language you don't understand. “Se do bheatha a bhean ba leanmhar! B'e ar gcreach tu bheith i ngeibhinn. Do dhuiche bhrea i seilbh meirleach. 'S tu diolta leis na Ghallaibh.” Your mind becoming fuzzy as they continue to sing, the music growing louder and the dancing seems to consume your every thought.
It was only when a tall, fair nymph that stood out amongst the crowds came to hold both of your hands, her warm green eyes staring into yours. As you focus on her, the flowers and nymphs becoming a colorful blur. Her warm green eyes compliments her large green afro that had red apples dangling, her skin a oak like brown, her skin having soft, darker rings of brown.
Once more your brought to a state of silence, all the colors disappearing as you stare between the single nymph and the exit of the garden. She had taken a step from you, one hand offered to you and the other gesturing to the exit. A choice. That is what comes to your mind as your eyes glance around the bland garden, a sense of loneliness overcoming you as you missed to colors and voices of those who surrounded you. It seems like a millennium before your hand reaches for the elder nymph, the garden bursting to life as petals fall from yours head, noticing almond blossoms having grown amongst your hair as you are dragged into the circles though this time you are singing along.
“Oh-ro! You’re welcome home now that summer is coming~”

OoO~ I have been spotted~
Heyo~ I'm Red, You may see me floating around the forums, primarily around the art side. I love talking to people and I'm always open to talk to~
She/Her|Adult player|
TheRedGal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:41 pm

closed for judging!
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 pm

the winner of this adopt is Snowlondon !
i loved how your form describes the adopt's personality, occupation, and motivation! i thought this gave me a great idea of what you'll do with the character going forward.

thank you everyone for joining!
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery