Based on Click to view
Artist redtruck [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

VOK #70 -- Adoptable

Postby redtruck » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Welcome to The valley of Kagonn, an adoptable Roleplay Game.
Here you will discover the world of Kagonn, create your own tribe, and develop your characters!
Please keep in mind that this is a realistic species, and can not have any unnatural fur colours or markings.
You can only have one founder, so choose carefully!
Also make sure to read through all the rules and guides available!
Enjoy!

My first adoptable as an official artist! To win this chimera, please tell me about how they found themselves joining your tribe! One extra (1 art piece/500 more words) and prettying up is allowed.

You must be at least level one to try out for this adopt.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Tribe:[/b] [url=link]here/url]
[b]Mouse name:[/b]
[b]Mouse gender:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Prompt (How did they join your tribe?): 350 words or 1 art piece[/b]
[b]One Extra (Optional):[/b]

Ends on April 25th!
Last edited by redtruck on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

rome
he/xe/it/they
est

redtruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK #70 -- Adoptable

Postby Silver Pandorica » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Username: Silver Pandorica
Tribe: x
Mouse name: Resin
Mouse gender: Female
Role: Food Gatherer
Prompt (How did they join your tribe?): “Please! Somebody, help!” The small mouse hung upside down on the trunk of a tree, her back stuck in a puddle of sap oozing out of the tree. The sticky substance mixed with her fur, holding her captive to the trunk. It was only a matter of time before a sky-flyer swooped her up in its beak and had her for dinner.

How did she even get herself into this mess...she’d been wandering the forest for as long as she could remember. Alone. No one had ever told her trees could cry sticky stuff! At least it was sweet...

“Hello?” A hesitant voice called from below. The small mouse tilted her head back and grinned down at another mouse who was sitting on his haunches, staring up at her.

“Hello!” She squeaked, twisting best she could to look at him. “Can you help me please?”

“How did you even get yourself up there in the first place,” the mouse asked, amused, as he shook the sticky substance off his fingers. “You must be more careful.”

“Yes, I know,” the now free young rodent replied. “Nobody ever told me trees could cry.”

He laughed. “That was resin! Very good for building things,” he added. “What’s your name, kid?”

“Name?” She frowned and looked down. “I dunno. Don’t have one, I guess.”

Her rescuer’s smile faded. “Well, now it’s Resin. Suits you.” Resin grinned at her new name. “Do you have a place to stay?” He asked.

And so she became the first member of the Tribe of the Drizzling Mist.

One Extra (Optional):
Last edited by Silver Pandorica on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jetred » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Username: jetred
Tribe: ;;
Mouse name: Moth
Role: Food gatherer
Prompt (How did they join your tribe?): 350 words or 1 art piece
One Extra (Optional):

W.I.P.

Final count: Treated: 110! Tricked: 4!
Recieved: 93 Treats! 1 Trick!
jetred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:32 am

Username: Knickknacks
Tribe: Tribe of the Riverside
Mouse name: Cinders
Role: Watch Mouse
Prompt (How did they join your tribe?): 350 words or 1 art piece
ft poorly drawn landscapes, as well as Brindle and Chestnut. I'm not all that good at lighting but I had lots of fun playing around with it in this piece. I'm rather please with how it turned out, even if *squints* oh hey look anatomy issues. no wait don't look nothing abnormal to see here. just quality art with burning trees and sparks and mice. yep. And just fyi, "Cinders" looks more black than shown in her reference because she's covered in soot (:"

One Extra (Optional):

“…So what’s your name?” Brindle inquired as she watched their unexpected guest wolf down a pawful of berries.

“Cinders,” the other mouse rasped between bites, her voice still a bit scratchy from breathing in smoke.

“That’s rather ironic, given where we found you,” Brindle said wryly. Cinders gave a snort of laughter, followed by a small cough. She was mostly recovered from the fire now, but was still a bit weakened from the smoke.

Brindle and Chestnut had been exploring the fields of their tribe’s territory when Brindle had spotted vast, billowing clouds of smoke to the west. Upon arriving at the edge of the fields, they saw the neighboring forest up in flames, trees darkening to black under lapping tongues of flame. It wouldn’t spread to their territory- the fire looked to be satisfied with the forest, and seemed to be dying down, but Brindle and Chestnut had sat watching in horror as the last of the trees were consumed.

It had been Chestnut who spotted Cinders, staggering weakly out of the trees, coughing and blackened with soot. It had been Chestnut who had run to her and all but carried her away from the flames, supporting her on his shoulder all the way back to their village. And it had been Chestnut who helped her to the stream to wash the soot from her fur.

Brindle had been surprised to see her energetic little-brother of a friend stepping up to care for her like that. Normally so carefree, something about seeing another mouse in actual physical danger had wrought something of a change in him. He was still his normal happy self, but was more inclined to calm down and be serious if needed. He cared for Cinders, Brindle came to realize.
~*~

One night, a few sunrises after they had found Cinders, the three of them were sitting comfortably in a burrow, laughing and trading stories. Cinders was telling them about her old home when Chestnut suddenly broke in, looking distressed.

“Are- are you planning to go back?” he asked sadly. Cinders looked a little taken aback, but then shook her head and replied.

“Of course not. I can’t go back. There’s nothing for me there anymore- the fire destroyed everything. You two have been kind to me, and friends are something I never really had, living on my own in that forest,” She said, smiling at the two of them. “I figure I’ll stay.”

Brindle had to bite back a fit of giggles at the radiantly happy, relieved expression on Chestnut’s face.

“We’ll be glad to have you,” she said.
(434 words)
~*~

oof I realized today that "OH HEY the deadline's tomorrow! SO I sat down and quick wrote this little piece. I'm surprised that I managed it in one sitting (:" I love the thought of my guy Chestnut having a small quiet crush on Cinders and taking on responsibility to help her.. but then actually maturing in the long term because of that experience of caring for her as well. <3
edit; HAH I’m an airhead I still have a week till the deadline (:” I’ll be doing some editing!
update; I’m good I’m done. Didn’t actually edit much but- the prompt is completed!
Last edited by Knickknacks on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby literal.trash » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 pm

username: literal.trash
tribe: here
mouse name: lark
mouse gender: male
role: builder

prompt (How did they join your tribe?): lark looked up, a large grin on his face. "aha!" he cried, as his raft had been completed. he pushed it off of the sandy slope, jumping right on it just before it took off. he looked up at the stars above him, putting his paws in a certain shape to attempt at mapping out the stars. he chuckled to himself, for he didn't really know how to find his way by the stars. a soft yawn escaped his lips, lark quickly hitting himself square in the face to keep himself awake. it didn't work, he fell right asleep, sitting up.

(time-skip to morning the next day)

"ugh.." lark said, blinking his eyes open. a lady seemed to be in front of him. "gAH!!" he cried, jumping right up. "oh, hello darlin'!" he quickly replied, a grin on his face. the lady completely missed what he called her, saying, "that was a really cool raft!" lark blinked his eyes, "are you real?" he'd say, poking her cheek with his paw. she giggled at him, "course!" lark stood up, looking around. "where am i?" he said, tilting his head. "err.. about that. i'm attempting at starting a.. tribe of mice! maybe you can join me!" she said, getting close to his face, her voice awfully loud. "woah.. sugar plum, turn down the volume. and, sure, seems interestin'." he chuckled, the lady making an embarrassed face. she took a step back, "i'm aspen! what's your name?" lark shrugged, "i ain't sure anymore. i've been called different things and i can't seem to pick just one." aspen gasped, "woah!! you don't even know your own name? hmm.. maybe we can figure one out!" she took a quick glance around their surroundings, a lark sitting atop a tree branch. "ooh a lark! wait, lark! how does lark sound?" she said, meeting his gaze again. "sounds neat. also, easy to remember!" he grinned, chuckling softly. "lark it is! c'mon, i'll show you around." the pair of mice walked alongside each other, as they scampered off into their newfound territory. (343 words!)

one extra (optional): lark looked around, "this is such a nice place! and it seems safe too." he'd say, examining the mountain ranges and trees scattered about the area. the two stopped at a muddy spot in the ground. aspen quickly grabbed a small twig. "here's what i'm thinking." she'd say, starting to draw a poorly drawn map of the place. "i'm imagining bunches of mice in our tribe, and there's a tree here, where i'd call meetings and give announcements." lark started to doze off, as the lady continued talking about whatever and wherever. aspen looked up at him, quickly smacking his face to get his attention. "i'm not done!" she continued. lark groaned, "fine.." he looked at the placements on the mud. "so.. meeting tree? and i know there's going to be a main founder, but i reckon having some other leaders would help?" he'd say, "maybe we could have four main leaders at a time? and each one does somethin specific..?" he continued. aspen nodded, "sounds awesome!" she paused for a moment, "now.. we need like.. duties or jobs!" she continued. "you can make other things besides that raft right?" she said, meeting lark's gaze. "course." he said simply, nodding. "then maybe you could be our builder." lark grinned, "i'd love to!"

----

the two mice continued to plan out things for their tribe. they came up with an advanced hierarchy for the tribe and now they just had to decide which tree and area was best. "i wan't to settle down near the shore, because i think using your craft, we could find new areas and maybe more mice!" aspen was extremely excited about her new tribe beginning to form, she felt so proud of herself. they found themselves in between the river and a small lake. a tree stood right in the middle, and it had a large branch that four mice could easily fit on. "woah." she breathed, climbing up the tree. "this is awesome!" she yelled, a huge grin on her face. lark smiled softly, chuckling at the lady. "you're a pawful." she raised her tail, signaling for him to follow her up the tree. lark nodded, scaling the tree swiftly, landing right next to her on the branch. "look at that view." she whispered, pointing at the mountain and the lake, it seemed as if the huge mountain was apart of the lake, and trees danced in the wind around the lake. "did you notice how the trees seem to.. never end?" said aspen, looking at lark. "that's how i want my tribe. endless, and sturdy like a tree." the two gazed at each other, and thought of the same thing at the same time it seemed like. "the tribe of endless forests." they said, voices in sync. aspen giggled, "that's our name, then!" lark rolled his eyes as she giggled. "i reckon we should search for some mice to join us." he said to her. the lady nodded, "that sounds like a good idea, lark."
(500 words exactly.)

(i went all out!! i really want this guy <3)
Last edited by literal.trash on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
literal.trash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 am

When Smoke set out that morning, he had not planned to fall into a river. He just wanted to cross it, aiming to explore the fields. He ran swiftly along a large root that jutted out halfway over the stream, but misjudged his leap to the other side, and fell.
    The water was jarringly cold when it met his fur, soaking him to the bone quickly. He let out a squeak, scrambling to get his head above the surface, his tail thrashing wildly. He tried not to drown as he was swept down the bank, cursing his own stupidity. This day was
    really not going to plan.
    Gasping, he noticed a long stick being pushed toward him. On impulse he reached for it, successfully latching on to the end and hugging it with his whole body. Looking up towards the front of the stick, there was another mouse, holding onto it with all their might, attempting to pull him closer to shore. He thanked the stars for this stroke of luck, letting himself be hauled to safety.
    Pulling himself off the stick, Smoke shivered, turning towards his savior. There stood a mottled white and brown mouse, with pale green eyes. He shook his fur off in an attempt to dry himself, and gave the mouse a weak grin.
    "Uh.. thank you, for that." He chuckled nervously, as the other mouse studied him. "You're a real life-saver."
    The mouse shook her head. "It was no problem. The least I could do, when I saw someone in trouble." She gave a small smile, walking closer to him. "I'm Sycamore, of the Tribe of Twisted Roots. What brings you here, other than falling into rivers?"
    "I'm Smoke." He grimaced. "Exploring, I guess. But with my most recent adventure, I may want to rethink that."
    Sycamore tilted her head. "Well, you could always stay here. My tribe would welcome you, and I'm sure you have skills to contribute."
    "Maybe I'll take you up on that, life-saver. I've been told I'm as fast as a rushing river!" Smoke said with a grin.
Username: AllynaBean
Tribe: Tribe of the Twisted Roots
Mouse name: Smoke
Mouse gender: Male
Role: Border Runner
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redtruck » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 am

tiny bump!

rome
he/xe/it/they
est

redtruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby literal.trash » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:31 am

owch i think i might've just lost all chances at winning this guy
just look at thaT art om g

hello I am literal.trash. my real name is katie and I'm a big fan of plants and cats!
---
none of these gifs/pixels are by me <3
---
i also roleplay, im a big fan of warriors!

literal.trash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redtruck » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:25 am

going to be busy for a small while; so extending the end date to April 25th!

rome
he/xe/it/they
est

redtruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Good luck everyone <3
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes