CWHR: Christmas Carol: Carol of the Bells by SerenWish

Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CWHR: Christmas Carol: Carol of the Bells

Postby SerenWish » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Oh how they pound, raising the sound, o'er hill and dale, telling their tale!

Carol of the Bells is my favorite Christmas Carol, and this lad is going uncovered! In order to take him home, just write a few sentences to a few paragraphs about his reaction to the sound of bells. Be creative! Also give him a name. c:

ScarletFang wrote:Username: Scarletfang
Show Name: Songs of Good Cheer
Barn Name: Hark
Breed: "Pattern Sporthorse" (Warmblood/Appaloosa)
Height: 15.2 hands
Colour: Grullo Pintaloosa
Markings: Blaze, stockings, appaloosa and tobiano markings
Genes: E/E, a/a, D/D, Tob/tob, Lpn/lpn, Ptn2/ptn2
Short piece about his reaction to bells:

Hark is an ordinary stallion throughout the year, eating his treats and working through stubborn streaks with his rider, but as the year turns toward the holiday season a change can be seen within him. He refuses ordinary treats and will only take peppermint flavored, he has to be chased down to come in for he won't leave the crisp air of the paddocks willingly, and he sleeps beside any pinetree he can get near to.

The oddest thing, however, is his reaction to bells. A slew of bells were brought in to the stables one day to hitch up the drafts for the towns annual Christmas parade when one stable hand noticed Hark was not responding to his calls. The stallion was ready with saddle and bridle for a riding lesson when he had stopped cold in his tracks to stare at the bells that the drafts wore. His ears were at attention and he knickered softly with every soft chime. Another rider noticed his reaction and took one of the bells from the line and took it to the horse for him to inspect.

Hark eyed the bell that took up most of the riders hand and nudged it to make it tole again. The sound, crisp and clear, immediately made the stallion relax and close his eyes as he listened to the soothing sound. He leaned into the rider as she rung the small bell over and over, realizing the effect it had on the surly horse. She gave the bell to his own rider and he followed it immediately as if he couldn't get enough of the sound. Since then, when thanksgiving has come and gone, the manager has played christmas music in the barn not only to raise the spirits of the staff but to also calm the horses.

(On a side note, when the drafts did go to the parade that night, they decided to take Hark as banner horse and when the church bells began to ring he nearly stopped the whole parade to listen to them xD)

End Date: December 31st.
Last edited by SerenWish on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Christmas Carol: Carol of the Bells

Postby ScarletFang » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:30 am

Username: Scarletfang

Hark is an ordinary stallion throughout the year, eating his treats and working through stubborn streaks with his rider, but as the year turns toward the holiday season a change can be seen within him. He refuses ordinary treats and will only take peppermint flavored, he has to be chased down to come in for he won't leave the crisp air of the paddocks willingly, and he sleeps beside any pinetree he can get near to.

The oddest thing, however, is his reaction to bells. A slew of bells were brought in to the stables one day to hitch up the drafts for the towns annual Christmas parade when one stable hand noticed Hark was not responding to his calls. The stallion was ready with saddle and bridle for a riding lesson when he had stopped cold in his tracks to stare at the bells that the drafts wore. His ears were at attention and he knickered softly with every soft chime. Another rider noticed his reaction and took one of the bells from the line and took it to the horse for him to inspect.

Hark eyed the bell that took up most of the riders hand and nudged it to make it tole again. The sound, crisp and clear, immediately made the stallion relax and close his eyes as he listened to the soothing sound. He leaned into the rider as she rung the small bell over and over, realizing the effect it had on the surly horse. She gave the bell to his own rider and he followed it immediately as if he couldn't get enough of the sound. Since then, when thanksgiving has come and gone, the manager has played christmas music in the barn not only to raise the spirits of the staff but to also calm the horses.

(On a side note, when the drafts did go to the parade that night, they decided to take Hark as banner horse and when the church bells began to ring he nearly stopped the whole parade to listen to them xD)
ScarletFang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:42 am

Username: Tomijojo
Show Name: its alright to jingle
Barn Name: cooly
He likes bells its he thinks they are pretty and make a beautiful noise but somrthimes others use them too much lol, so he likes them until someone starts going crazy and won't stop jingleing them, his favorite is when he is wearing his harness full of bells he likes it when they jingle to his movements
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persay » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:50 am

Username:Wolfy858
    Show Name: Tinkle and Shine
    Barn Name: Tinker
    Height: 15.2  hands
Short piece about his reaction to bells: Tinker's eyes widen at the small bell infrount of him, gently he nudges it captavated by its soft melody.
he/him
LIVE right now join me
my da
part of the gucci gremlin gang, I am the gucci ofc
gremlin soft
gremlin gurt
gremlin liz
gremlin feather
persay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UnicornTamer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:09 am

Username: UnicornTamer
Show Name: So the Angels Can Hear
Barn Name: Angels
Short piece about his reaction to bells: When Angels hears the sound of bells, he dances. He leaps around the paddock, his feet flying. He holds his head high, he swishes his tail. He looks at all of us, as he whirls around, as if to say, Listen to them! Don't they make you want to throw your cares away? Then he tosses his head, as if he really is throwing all his cares to the wind. The bell in the church tower ceases, and Angels comes to a halt. He looks around, then walks up to us. What are you all standing around for? I have a breakfast to eat!

(This is also one of my favorite Christmas songs! The version by Pentatonix is amazing.)
Last edited by UnicornTamer on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
UnicornTamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Username: DauntlessDivergentC
Show Name: Carol of the Bells
Barn Name: Silver
Short piece about his reaction to bells: Silver loves the sound of bells. They seem to calm him down when Silver gets into a psychiatric episode. Silver was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was just a foal. No medication or Wiccan treatment could ever help him with his episodes, however, the sounds of bells seem to be the trick. Artillery Stables found this out about a week ago. A rider at the stables had been practicing some dressage with him when he went into a severe schizo episode. Around that same time a sleigh had passed by. The horses pulling the sleigh had bells on their reins. The sounds of those bells had calmed Silver out of his episode and saved the rider from getting hurt. Since then his tack has been adorned with bells and Silver has never had another severe schizophrenic episode. He might have minor episodes, but they don't last long or affect him as much. For Silver, bells mean freedom and peace.

(I, too, love this Christmas carol! I will even listen to it in the middle of summer! The overlap of the melodies and counter melodies are beautifully constructed. As a musician myself, I have learned to appreciate the complexity of this song. I love playing it almost as much as listening to it. The Pianic versions of this song are especially beautiful!)

╔═══════════════════════════════╗

I used to be DauntlessDivergentC! Please do not steal!
You may still refer to me as Daunt or Dauntless! I am
still working on fixing my signature! SNM is still alive
and active! It was moved to Deviantart! Please do not
ask to buy my breed! Akhal-Turk is a new horse breed!
Feel free to check out the metallic horses!

DeviantArt | SNM | Fergons | Mao Aku | Akhal-Turk

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Username: Soul Of Winter
      Show Name: Dancer Of The Bells
      Barn Name: Jingle

This is the story of how Dancer Of The Bells got his name;;

Dancer Of The Bells was born on Christmas Day. The first thing he heard was bells. He soon fell in love with them. When his mother got hitched up to pull the sleigh with his father bells got attached. He got to be free and not tied to the sleigh. He then heard bells as he then started trotting to the beat. He looked over to see another foal dancing and he followed hearing the bells. That is how Dancer Of The Bells aka Jingle got his name
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
res with going crazy xD
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:53 am

ScarletFang wrote:Username: Scarletfang

Congraulations! I loved your story and your name ^^ Great job everyone!
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarletFang » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:53 am

*Falls off of couch* Squeee! :D Thank you Seren!!! I love love love pintaloosa horses so I'll just be over here in the corner dying of happiness x3
ScarletFang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me