Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Active Prompt

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:
Sickness is buried deep within your clan, each cat seems to be struggling against all odds. How are your medicine cats feeling and how are the herb stores looking? Where will they get more catmint or honey.. Or anything to help with all this whitecough?

Code: Select all
[center][size=115][u][b]Day 3[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clan link:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/center]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It is now officially day 3 !
    The winner for day 2 will be rolled momentarily.

The players who earned +10 EXP for participating are:
    Kris Dreemurr
    ford
    Asterlie
    ToraOkami303
    NaCl
    Hush
    miraphoenix
    ~Arokai*Rokujo~
    I Like Bees
    vivika
    nio
    nektar
    Griff
    0Zero0
    dascanadiansparkle
    jay.
    Chanceuxcat
    coffee.berry
    DarkestWerewolf
    kennymcnenny
    nindroidzane
    MutatedCry
    wildsight
    Shuurock
    SushiFoxx
    Deercan
    DaniCalifornia
    Vinson
    faelyn
    CloudedDiamond
    lovage

The winner of a star's gift item (guarantees a 2+ kitten litter) is:
    kennymcnenny

day 1's results have been posted!
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby mal du pays » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Day 3
Username: Kris Dreemurr
Clan link: Here
Prompt:
"Aye, kid, you feelin' any better?"
Starfish could only give a shake of their head, and Swordfish could only give a sigh. The healer himself was feeling rather crummy, and Pineapple was no better, although he was determined to take care of everyone else before he took care of himself. He wasn't expecting something like this to hit their section of the island, however..
"Alright. Go get yerself some rest, then. I'll see if we have somethin' to treat ya tucked away.." That wasn't exactly a lie, he was going to see if they had anything, but he'd checked fifty times over at this point and knew the answer was the same.
The orange tabby simply nodded and trudged off to his sleeping quarters, and Swordfish let out a sigh.
"Y'know, boss," A pause for Pineapple to sneeze, "maybe we should see if he can help us."
"Y'don't mean that funny winged cat, do ye?" He responded, a little in shock. "Ye really think he'll help us? Maybe he enjoys seein' us all sickly."
"I dunno." Pineapple ducked her head to check their supplies, coming back out a moment later with a shake of her head. "It's either ask him for help, or we're all gonna get worse. We have nothing left for this."
Begrudgingly, Swordfish let out a sigh. "Aye, I suppose if we have no other choice.."
He'd have to ask Eyeris for help, as much as he didn't want to.
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ford » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Day 3
Username: ford
Clan link: followers of the last heaven // "the flock"
Prompt:
sarandiel stared helplessly at the diminishing medicinal stores, his mind racing as he swallowed down his panic. the light snowfall seemed to have become a blizzard overnight, giving him no time to gather before winter truly hit. not only that, but a flu seems to have been passed around the flock, and as the only current virtue, he feels... hopeless.
with a sigh, he shuts his eyes, and he prays for a miracle.

ford ☆ he/they
thkalspfp
ford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:21 pm

Day 3
Username: Hush
Clan link:X
Prompt:
The Clan of Roaring Silence:
Ghosteyes den is pretty far into the cliff side behind the waterfall. Because of the humidity there is a constant drip from a certain spot on the ceiling. This humidity combined with the size of the den make it possible to grow some of the herbs needed by the clan, Ghosteye’s apprentice being in charge of taking care of them and weeding out anything not wanted. Though with an outbreak it gets a bit stressful they never truly run out.

The Clan of the Forgotten Hollow:
Sirensong hangs her herbs from the ceiling and her bat friend Squeaks gets them for her when she asks him to. When the stores run out she has to find more in a nearby two-leg den in the woods. A kittypet named Opalescence lives there and her two-legs have a greenhouse with a few herbs they can use. Though some of the cats disapprove of this, she doesn’t care if it saves them.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asterlie » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Day 3
Username: Asterlie
Clan link: Aspen Grove
Prompt:
With the sickness driving its cold grip into each of the cats of Aspen Grove, Valerius, the clan's head healer, worked endlessly to find the best ways to heal his clanmates. With the clan being much newer and being ill himself, it was a challenge to scrounge up the proper herbs, since the clan didn't already have catmint, honey, or any other herb to help with the sickness. With the help of the other two clan members, they managed to slowly but surely travel down toward the coast of their territory toward the great Galasualuk Sea - a giant body of water that seemed to stretch across the earth - to find the rare, but valued catmint.

After several long days and nights, they finally arrived. At this point, Valerius, being the smallest and scrawniest cat of the bunch, had all but collapsed into a boney heap. Normally, this long trip toward the great sea would be exhausting but doable, but Valerius had expended all of his energy to get here instead of healing and was now suffering the consequences. Theresia had offered some scraps she had found while Asiya traveled further toward the coast in hopes of finding the much desired catmint. Thanks to Valerius, Asiya had a rough idea of the appearance and smell of the miracle herb, and began searching urgently when she found the patch of flora that it grew in.

The sun began to sink in the sky right as the managed to spot the small plant with odd shaped leaves. The smell was delectable as she carefully plucked it from the ground. Using her remaining energy, she climbed back up the steep cliff and returned to the spot Valerius and Theresia had camped out at. She dropped the herb's leaves at Valerius's paws and he began to distribute the proper amount as best as he could. Asiya felt as though she had one too many leaves and felt uneasy as catmint was fatal if taken in high dosages, but reluctantly swallowed her share regardless.

The trio spent the next day or two recovering and healing on a cliff overlooking the great sea before traveling back toward their camp. Valerius felt proud and relieved that they had all successfully recovered (or began to recover) from this terrible illness. He began to wonder if other clans were facing a similar issue during this leafbare and if larger clans were suffering more? For once, he seemed grateful that the clan didn't have many members or any kits.
~ A s t e r l i e ~
-- -- -- -- --

Toyhou.se
Dragon Cave
DeviantArt
All Art Credit
-- -- -- -- --
Asterlie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shuurock » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:02 pm

Day 3
Username: Shuurock
Clan link:The Pride
Prompt:

It was the first winter for The Pride and everything was going as smooth as one would expect of a winter, until a sickness overcame them. With little prey it was easy for cats to come down with sicknesses. This was something Lion never had to deal with back with humans. Humans would simply scoop up sick cats, take them away in their monsters, then they would come back good as new, but they didn’t have that magical solution anymore.

For their first winter The Pride didn’t have an alchemist or herbalist to help them with their sickness, still being a small group of mostly outcasts. They were lucky to have Pearl who knew the secrets hidden in the stars. “Pine. Pine I need you to find some… some…” Lion though as hard as she could as the coughs rang loudly in her head. “I don’t know! I think there were some plants in the human gardens that help with illnesses like this.”

Pine wrapped her tail around Lion, “Stay calm my Queen. I know you care for Sticky, but they’re young and will recover I’m sure of it…” she let out a small sigh trying to think quickly, “The human gardens are a few days trip away. Are you sure I should leave for so long?”

Lion looked over to Sticky’s den, tears forming in her eyes, she was the frailest of them all surely sacrificing herself for the others. “Bring Thistle and one of the other students. They’re young but healthy. Come back as soon as you can. Sticky has a container he uses to carry things bring that and bring as much as you can carry.”

Pine nodded, “The human gardens also have herbs that can be used for hunger and strength I believe. I’ll gather those as well.”

“Thank you Pine. You always think of the right things. If you meet anyone who knows about herbs please bring them back too… The Pride can’t exist much longer in this state.”

“Of course Lion. I’m sure I can convince even the most jaded cat to join us.”

“I know you can.” Lion smiled, “Eat the last of the fresh kill pile and go as soon as possible. Sticky is counting on you.”

Pine nodded, gathering up the students and telling them about their journey. The Pride was counting on them and they had to hurry.

(398 words)
Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Day 3
Username: miraphoenix
Clan link: Havenclan
Prompt:
Willowmask didn’t even bother to look up as they heard the crunching of cedar bark at the head of the healer’s root den; by the sound, it was Maplesong. And, by the sound of the younger cat’s tail dragging, she had not returned with the fresh herbs the healer had hoped for.

“I’m so sorry, Willowmask…” the healer’s assistant began, her head held low. “The wind and the snow are too strong; I took a step outside the tree and thought I was going to blow away.”

Willowmask stood up from where they had been sorting out the last of the willow bark, their brow furrowed and shoulders hunched. It seemed that all the clan was sick with a fever and cough, only made worse by the fiercest blizzard in even Trouttail’s long memory.

“Thank you… For trying, at least,” came the gruff reply, and Maplesong looked up in surprise when Willowmask gave her a gentle touch on the shoulder.
“Maybe. Maybe your spirits will help us.”

The healer’s assistant stared, agog, as her mentor turned away to measure out more of the clan’s dwindling supply of herbs. If Willowmask was acknowledging the spirits, things must be dire, indeed…

[199 words]
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:43 pm

Day 3
Username: MutatedCry
Clan link: Clan of Eternal Sun
Prompt:

"Are you sure this is fine?"

Honeybreeze glowered at him. "If you want to make the trek all the way up and into the mountains to hunt for catmint, a herb that might not even be growing there, then be my guest."

"Sorry. It's just. Not what I'm used to."

Of course the Clan had to fall ill only a couple moons after he had joined. He had scarcely had any time to truly memorize the herbs of this place, and it was already starting to take its toll. If the Clan had been a traditional one, he had no doubt that it would have completely succumbed to the sickness grasping at his Clanmates' paws.

Honeybreeze snagged a branch of sagebrush, using her teeth to gnaw at the dry wood until it splintered and gave way. "We'll need as much as we can carry," She said, mouth full and words muffled. "Shadscale, too, if we can find any."

"How about California Poppies?" Thymeskip asked, already beginning to copy her movements. The smell of the sagebrush was overwhelming, sweet earth clogging up his nose. But she was right— he could already feel the weight in his chest lessen slightly. "Argent's complaining of aches and pains anyway, and I doubt this cough is helping matters. And Coyotesun is complaining of muscle spasms."

"Right. They should be starting to bloom in the lower parts of the mountains. Once we get this back you can organize a group to go."

"Sounds good." He grasped the branch of sagebrush firmly in his jaws and followed Honeybreeze back the way they came.

Oh, how thankful he was that the desert cats made sure that every kitten born knew at least a little bit about medicine, or they would have been long dead by now.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Day 3
Username: NaCl
Clan link: Celestial Clan
Prompt:
"BrightFrost!" Crane called out to his Major, the tall pale cat turning to look at him with worry clear in his blue eyes. He quickly excused himself from the conversation and rushed over to Crane.
"yes? Crane what happened" BrightFrost pushed past him into the den, already on edge, his fur fluffed slightly and not just from the cold.
"We're running low on Catmint" Crane said sheepishly as he brought his mentor over to the herb stores, flicking his tail down to the ever shrinking pile of pale green leaves.
"Already? we're only a few moons into leafbare, and we've got too many sick cats to even fit in our den-" BrightFrost was clearly just as panicked, or more panicked, than Crane was.
"The cold kills these plants so easily, we might not find anymore" Crane commented softly and BrightFrost let out a heavy sigh.
"I'll get the Ursa Minor to gather two patrols, you lead one I'll lead the other. We can cover more ground that way" BrightFrost looked over to his Minor, who nodded and followed him as he stepped out into the snow.
"hopefully some plants have survived this long"

[193 words]
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:32 pm

Day 3
Username: 0Zero0 780482
Clan link: Tailless Comet
Prompt:

The leader was sick.

This was a doozy. While the clan pre-prepared every year with supplies, and was always extra careful, the one who was most important not to get ill was lying in his den coughing up a storm. I wasn't sure what to do with the hypocrite, but what else was there to say or act on. The only thing us angels could do was hope for the best, and do our jobs. On top of this, my son was feeling ill as well. It wasn't certain it was the same thing, but I was scared none the less. He was an adult though, and could take care of himself.

My paws were rummaging for ginger, something for the nausea that the infected were all sharing. It was a side affect to the root I gave them that could help them rest through the illness. I heard coughing and assumed it was a cat that needed my attention. When I turned to look, my son was collapsing right in front of me.

"Levi!"

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes