Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby kennymcnenny » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:47 am

Day 8
Username: kennymcnenny
Clan link: Glacialclan
Prompt:
"The what?"

"C'mon, Moose, you were a kittypet too! You should know about Christmas and the Christmas tree! Y'know, the weird fake tree that they put up every winter that was super fun to climb in and knock all those weird plastic things off." Kestrelcall meowed, tail flicking in a amusement as he bumped his shoulder into Moosestar's

"I literally have no clue what you're talking about, my humans never did anything like that. I kind of remember that back when I was with my mom, but that's it." Moosestar shook his head, bumping Kestrelcall back.

"Have you.. have you never experienced Christmas before? Like, I know the other cats haven't because they weren't ever kitty pets, but you haven't either?!" Kestrelcall exclaimed, sitting and facing his mate, and Moosestar only shook his head again. "Dang, I wish you did. It was always so nice. A bunch of people would come by and they were always so nice, and I would get lots of treats. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back to that life, but I have to admit that I really miss Christmas, getting gifts from my humans was fun. I don't mean this in a mean way, but there isn't a whole lot of happiness like there was back then around this time, everything is just kind of.. sad. And it doesn't feel right."

"Yeah, that's true. It's because winter is hard on all of us, we're always hungry and cold. But tell you what, I'll talk to Foxwatcher and Hawkstrike and see if they want to do something. We can have our own little version of Christmas, and anybody that wants to take part can." Moosestar offered, leaning into Kestrelcall.

"That.. that would be really nice. Thank you, Moose." Kestrelcall meowed, smiling at Moosestar and gently bumping their noses together. He'd really been missing the holiday cheer, it made the cold more bearable in the past, and he hoped that it could help the rest of the clan too.
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:56 am

Day 8
Username: jay.
Clan link: the aurora borealis
Prompt:
one of the most notable ex-kittypets in the clan has to be rabbit. she used to live a spoiler life of luxury that still hasn't worn off on her, regardless of how long it has been since she lived with her twolegs. rabbit complains about the cold a lot, as she used to cuddle up by the fire inside her own house, fondly remembering the festivities that her twolegs would put on around this time of year, yet now she is stuck outside in the cold with neither a fire or twoleg to take care of her. she complains about it every year - almost as if she's forgotten that the rest of her life is going to be like this.
[120 words]
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:07 am

Day 8
Username: nindroidzane
Clan link: FrostClan
Prompt:

"I do remember their holidays!" Mothspeckle huffed, the tip of her tail twitching slightly. "I just didn't particularly care for them, is all."

"You were just too young to properly remember." Icewing narrowed her eyes, but her fur remained flat and her tail stayed neatly wrapped around her paws. "It was much better than all of... this. The roaring fire, the warm milk, the beautiful tree-"

"The tree?" Mothspeckle scowled, gesturing vaguely all around them. "Icewing, we're surrounded by trees! Tons of them! And these ones aren't dying!"

"Well, they aren't decorated either, are they?" Icewing countered, allowing her tail a single irritated flick. "These trees are nothing but cold and sticky. A pain to even run your claws through, really."

"They're just trees!" Mothspeckle hissed. "They're the exact same kind, they're just... they're just outside! Why can't you see how much better it is outside? All these moons, and you still can't-"

Icewing cut her off with a glare. She raised her nose into the cold, windy air, apparently not even dignifying that with a response before stalking off.

Mothspeckle dug her claws deep into the snow, too frustrated to care if they went numb. Why was her sister so stubborn?

"Who cares about a bunch of dumb Twoleg holidays anyway?" She grumbled to herself, stiffly walking the other direction - coincidentally, the direction of the pine forest.

Walks were usually a calming experience. But as Mothspeckle wandered amongst the pines, needles soft under her paws, she couldn't help but think of the old holidays in their kittypet home, too.

Maybe it was true that she couldn't remember too well. The twinkling tree was only as familiar as any of the identical trees surrounding her now, and the faces of their Twolegs were blurry.

It did hurt a bit, not to remember. But perhaps... perhaps it was better that way. She was happy now. And her sister... did she really want to be like her, anyway?

Mothspeckle shivered. (And it wasn't just the cold. She was used to that by now. They both should have been.)

If she had remembered just a bit more, maybe a little more fondly...

Would I have ended up like that...?

[ 366 words ]
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:28 am

Day 8

Username: vivika
    Clan link: eden
    Prompt: (78 words!)

there aren't really any kitty-pets in eden (or azeryn for that matter)! in this world, humans... don't really exist and neither do kitty-pets! the closest comparison may be between those who hail from the villages and others who hail from nobility! the villagers aren't too into the holiday cheer and don't really know how to celebrate either. in eden, they're learning from the winter solstice, but sometimes the festivities and etiquette go a little over their heads! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:01 am

Day 8
Username: Deercan
Clan link: The Roundtails
Prompt:
Pikespine could care less about a lack of holiday cheer- he never really cared about them back as a house cat, often resenting the holidays due to all the annoying loudness and increase in humans around the house. He hates festivities. Or, so he claims- maybe he has a hidden soft spot for some of the calmer holiday moments.

Sunnyside on the other hand has made it her goal to try and bring some of that cheer to the camp. While she can't bring any of the old colourful lights from the old restaurant, she tries her best to decorate for every holiday accordingly- even though he doesn't have a clue what any holidays really are. He just enjoys the nostalgic feeling from when she lived back in town, and loves telling stories and songs from past winter holidays to all of the other group members.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 am

day seven
username: faelyn
clan link: faerie!!
prompt:

the realm of faerie isn't known for having two-legs, there is one kitty who had once been under the care of one! laurel! <3 though she had been with two-legs for a little while, she never cared much about their festivities and 'holiday cheer', and certainly doesn't care or miss it much more when she's apart of the ranks of faerie!
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:36 am

Day #
Username: /nyx.
Clan link: Lé'echékyo

Prompt:
lé'echékyo officially only celebrates one (1) holiday, and it is a literal murderfest. combined with the fact that humans and hostile humanoid robots are nearly indistinguishable in certain shifts, it's needless to say that most travelers are relieved that lé'echékyo doesn't partake in otherworldly festivities. docked members who disagree are considered fools.

/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:36 am

Day 8
Username: I Like Bees
Clan link: The Travelers
Prompt:

Kittypets might feel a little differently about the season than clan cats. Describe how one of your kittypet/ex-kittypets feel about the cold/lack of holiday cheer.

Freckle doesn't think about it much, honestly, and not just because he doesn't remember anything from his kittypet life. He's too busy trying to stay alive to worry about whether or not there's a tree decorated with tinsel for him to destroy politely look at.

Sometimes though, when things are quiet for once and he's not training anyone in how to start a fire, or steal from humans, or babysitting the kittens, he thinks about what his life must have been like before. While he can't remember anything specific, he knows details about humans that no cat else does, and he likes to think about how those details must have applied to his life. Christmas in particular stands out to him, with the bright, colorful lights, and plenty of random decorations to break lightly tap with his paws. He doesn't mind not celebrating the holiday in his new home, but he does like to go out of his way to bite observe the decorations when the Travelers happen to be a human town celebrating the holiday.

[ 176 words ]
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:43 am

Day 8
Username: SushiFoxx
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2183891
Prompt: Even though Echostar was a past kittypet, she loves the clan dearly and has never wished to go back to her two legs, the clan is always so happy, even in the cold weather. The clan was the best choice for Echostar and she could not imagine any other choice she could have made instead of forming the clan and bringing all of these lovely cats together. Echostar lives for the friendships within the clan.
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Active Prompt

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:00 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:
Who is the “Grinch” of your clan? How do others try to cheer such a grumpy cat up?

Code: Select all
[center][size=115][u][b]Day 9[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clan link:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/center]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It is now officially the start of Day 9 of Catvent!

The following players have earned +10 EXP for participating in day 8 of Catvent:
    0zero0
    Miraphoenix
    Kris Dreemur
    Griff
    kennymcnenny
    jay.
    nindroidzane
    Vivika
    Deercan
    faelyn
    /nyx.
    I Like Bees
    SushiFoxx

User I Like Bees has earned a star’s greetings (starclan lines edit item)!
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy