Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby fruitbat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:42 am

Day 7
Username: fruitbat
Clan link: Tokeoc clan
Prompt: It can be hard living in the Tokeoc territory. Being the most southern clan in Cattiopeia they are subject do the icy winds and heavy snowfall during December. However, they are extremely resourceful and cunning and do not let the change in climate affect their daily lives. In fact, by using their environment around them to their advantage, the Tokeoc cats could survive even the harshest of winters. The magical force from the world tree Aebarrow can sense when the freezing air chills the cats cores and makes their breath visible for all to see. It may take a few days, but Aebarrow produces a huge surge of warmth that continues for the entirety of winter. Its trunk almost seems to glow from the warming radiation, providing the most comfort for the Tokeoc cats. The magical surge doesn't stop there though- its roots also have warming effects, and you'll often find cats lounging around atop.
In the middle of the winter, about 16 moons in, the Tokeoc cats hold the Aebarrow Festival, a holiday dedicated to worshiping and thanking the world tree for keeping the clan safe and secure. It is celebrated with much creativity, mostly associated with telling of stories, charitable offerings, scavenger hunts for the kits, and musical endeavours. It is officially celebrated for 3 days, but the strong sense of community within the Tokeoc clan means decorations are often found well before and after that time. The most ancient tradition during the festival is its musical endeavours. Using the environment to their advantage, the Tokeoc cats find the very best bamboo in the forest and make a variety of instruments. From pan flutes to xylophones, these cats enjoy taking the time to hollow, carve and perfect the bamboo.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:53 am

Day 7

Username: vivika
    Clan link: azeryn
    Prompt: (406 words!)

The winter festival.

It was like descending into the dream realm, but… real. Tangible. The festival was exactly as the legends foretold. Perhaps even greater.

Lights of silver and gold danced above the grand chambers, strung by twines of frost-touched vines. Pale rose buds glistened, blossoming at every corner of the chambers, lacing the air with its gentle fragrance. Wreaths of winter flowers and ribbons kissed the top of every visitor’s head, enthroned delicately between their ears.

Silks swished and jewels gleamed in the moon’s radiance, swaying to the melody of the harp and flute with the tender tones of windchimes in the background.

It was perfect.

But it wasn’t for all to enjoy.

He wandered across the dance floor, pawsteps brisk as he crossed the threshold to the stands brimming with food. The whole festival was a joke. A cruel yet beautiful mockery for the royals and nobles to flaunt as those beneath them suffered. Dwindled.

What was once a festival to celebrate the solstice ━ a year of harmony and amity ━ had been dashed. The true meaning lost. Generosity, amity and harmony.

He barely contained a snort.

More like greed, pride and division. A political charade disguised as a festival.

Yet the festival served its purpose ━ a cover for something he had to do. With a casual paw, he nabbed a silver fish from one of the platters.

A young servant… barely out of her apprenticeship caught his eye. She stepped from the curtains, watching, pale fleeting gaze on his. Beneath all the finery, there was a certain hunger.

And he knew that look too well.

He waved her over, withdrawing to a quieter area, steering behind the dark silk curtains. Turning was unnecessary. She’d follow. Either out of curiosity or… as a servant.

“Here.” He cleared his throat, offering her the fish. “I require your assistance.”

Pale eyes widened as she stumbled back. “I…”

“This isn’t a trick.” His voice softened. “Here, take it. What’s your name?”

“Vie. I━ thank you.” A quick dip of her head. “Thank you, sir.”

His muzzle quirked into a faint smile. “Alright, you can ease off the formalities. It’s unnecessary.” He offered a small shrug. “Look… I need some help. The King expects me at his throne room in a few moments. Do you think you could direct me to it?”

A casual lie, but a necessary one.

She didn’t blink. “I can take you.”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:55 am

Day 7
Username: /nyx.
Clan link: CaladiumClan

Prompt:
when the caladium migrates to the spire, their roost, the raptors always make it tradition to kill the largest predator they can find. youth are prohibited from partaking in this perilous quest, much to their frustration. those caught following the hunters' trail suffer severe punishment, for risking one's life for 'bragging rights' is majorly frowned upon within the caladium.

rather, sabrewings are tasked with protecting the warblers while the adults hunt. under rule of their esteemed counterparts, flycatchers are often 'bossed around' — fortunately, most sabrewings only bother to assign menial jobs to their clanmates; nothing too disputable.

once the adults return (usually within a few days of leaving; never over a week), the caladium feasts. warblers gleefully pluck tufts of fur and feathers of the trophy animal, which they hide in their nests and around camp until it's time for the next shift.

/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:57 am

Day 7
Username: Chanceuxcat
Clan link: Scorchclan
Prompt:
At the beginning of leafbare, when leaf-fall officially ends, the clan builds a fort to block out all cold. In this woven little house, which will be taken down at the end of leafbare, the clan has storytime sessions every five days to keep kits and cats alike warm and happy during the tough months ahead. A fire is lit in the center and surrounded by stones, with each stone made by a cat that leafbare and their pawprint in the center of it. These rocks are built into the central firepit in the center of the clan each newleaf and serve as a sort of timeline so all cats can remember leafbares past.
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plushbunny » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:58 am

Day 7
Username: Plushbunny
Clan link: BlizzardClan
Prompt: BlizzardClan is used to the cold, so it's not so much as a problem for them as other cats, but it's still hard. Like their name, it's not uncommon for there to be snowstorms during the winter. Despite their cold tolerance, this is the most dangerous time for the Clan, and they must stay in camp if possible, preferably huddled together in their dens. There isn't much else to do at the blizzards' worst, but they do like telling each other of their lives before the Clan, as many are former kittypets and loners with many stories to tell. Cats with magical abilities may do tricks for the clans' and their own amusement. There are no kits or elders at the moment, but when the sky is clear they'd probably help with the little jobs that need to be done, as the clan is often very busy with other things.
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Active Prompt

Postby Swishy & Broken » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:
Kittypets might feel a little differently about the season than clan cats. Describe how one of your kittypet/ex-kittypets feel about the cold/lack of holiday cheer.

Code: Select all
[center][size=115][u][b]Day 8[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clan link:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/center]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It is now officially the start of Day 8 of Catvent!

The following players have earned +10 exp for participating in day 7 of Catvent:
    faelyn
    0zero0
    miraphoenix
    Griff
    Whovian5EVA
    kennymcnenny
    Kris Dreemur
    jay.
    coffee.berry
    wildsight
    nektar
    I Like Bees
    Deercan
    StormSerpent
    lovage
    Sushifoxx
    Shuurock
    fruitbat
    vivika
    /nyx.
    Chanceuxcat
    Plushbunny

User Kris Dreemur has also won a Star's Gift item!
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Day 8
Username: 0Zero0
Clan link: Tailless Comet
Prompt:

Jack stood on the border of his lawn, looking outward onto the forests floor. His family, the tree walkers that own him, live in the country side far from any city or town. The chocolate point peered over a broken wooden fence, staring off towards the peak in the distance. It would be a climb, but it wasn't to far off. His curious mind pulled him all the way to the Tailless Comet border, where he watched kittens play in the snow.

How horrid? They were letting the kittens run around in the cold? didn't they have somewhere safe and warm to keep the kittens. He didn't want to watch this anymore, but didn't have the courage to interfere. Jack bolted down the hill, back towards his home, wondering if he could take one of the kittens back to his home. Back to the comforts of a warm house, a soft couch. No. Those cats can be mean, and he didn't want to get in between the teeth of those jaws.

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Day 8
Username: miraphoenix
Clan link: Havenclan
Prompt:
“…And what about you, Crabapple? You were a pet once, right?”

The fluffy molly in question sighed and rolled over with a yawn, an expression of feigned boredom on her face.
“So what if I was?” she asked, opening one amber eye.

“Well, do you miss anything about your humans at this time of year?”

Crabapple just laughed.
“Miss them? At this time of year? You must be joking!” she answered, shaking her head from side to side. “My humans tried to put me in little sweaters like they wore, with the sparkly threads and little pom-poms. No, I’ll take some cold and snow to escape with my dignity intact—”

Any further words were drowned out in the clan’s vibrant laughter.
[122 words]
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:09 pm

Day 8
Username: Kris Dreemurr
Clan link: The Veil
Prompt:
Takura is disappointed in the lack of festivities, honestly.
It's not like they CAN'T celebrate - Triptych just refuses to, and Garion gets mad at him whenever he tries to suggest anything. He just wants the group to feel festive. Despite showing the group leader photos to try to inspire holiday spirit, Triptych just tells him to go away and to not bother him. Starlight always apologizes, though..
At least Wilson will listen to his mumblings about the holiday spirit.
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:19 pm

Day 8
Username: Griff
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/griffhighwind/charact ... er:2507939
Prompt: In a rare moment of solitude, Emberstar sighed. His ears flicked back, as he thought about the cooler weather and what it had meant in the past. How many seasons had he spent with his family, watching the weird tree be brought in and decorated. Oh so much fun to climb those! And their smiles! They were always in a better mood, and when they fixed the treats and food! They always shared with him, always! A soft sigh escaped him, as his ears went back further.

He missed them still.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me