My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #500 - OPEN

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 am

Dropping out, good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!

signature art by LilBowPeep
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ambopteryx » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:59 am

Username: ambopteryx
Cat Name: Mambo
Clan: (tba- this would be my first if thats ok)
Prompt:

“Settle down, settle down, you rascals. One more story- then back to the nursery with you.

“Hmm. Which one should I tell? No, not the bell story- you’ve heard that one plenty, and it’s far too long and the moon is almost risen. How about the Ghost Dogs? Ah, you haven’t heard that one yet- perfect, perfect. Gather around, ye tykes. For I’ve got a tale to tell.

“For the start, I must remind you of my time in the fenceplace. Yes, yes, I was a kittypet, as were some of your parents or grandparents. I was not born here as you were. But that’s no matter- you’ve heard plenty of the cushy side of my backstory plenty, eh?

“I was a lucky cat, as my parents told me. Two tails- a sign for prosperity and a long life. The twolegs prized cats like me- the strange-looking and unusual, so I was destined for greatness.

“However, at a young age, my destiny would change. From the corner of my eye, I saw looming figures, dark forces of insidious intent. Growling voices and sickly snarls echo through my kithood memories. For moons on moons, it continued without ceasing. An unknown force had witnessed me, and took ire with my fate. The stars dictated one way, yet these beasts begged to differ.

“But I grew up, as you all are doing so very quickly. I was about the age of an apprentice when I first saw a real glimpse of them, while balancing on the top of our rickety fence. Terrible beings of pure white, with snouts filled with teeth and eyes filled with hate. Their legs were long and slender, like saplings, yet suggested a terrible strength and speed. They howled and barked, howled and barked. One of them caught my eyes, and froze where it stood. It summoned its brethren with a horrid whine, and the rest looked at me as well. The last thing I saw before jumping down to my side of the fence was a blank stare, with pure-black eyes that revealed nothing behind them.

“From that day forwards, the sounds and sights grew worse. I heard slams on the fence, the growls and snarls growing more vicious, more dangerous. I think they grew in number, rallying against me.

“I did not know until much later, but this was a warning- they could have charged into my side of the fence whenever they wanted to, but they chose to wait. For if I remained in safety, I would be of no bother to their whims.

“But I was a wild sort, you see- I grew larger, I grew older, and my family slowly grew smaller as the twolegs took them to who knows where, as they are often doing, never to return. I ignored the warning- I climbed over the fence to see what the outside world was like. I was not so foolish to jump into the fenced area with the beasts, of course, choosing instead to wander into an open field. In fact, I had stepped foot onto the Lost Stretch. Oh of course, I forgot you’re all too young to go there yet. Don’t worry, as soon as you’re old enough I can show you the Stretch myself.

“As soon as I landed on the soft grass, I was greeted with gnashing teeth and hungry barks. The Ghost Dogs in their true form- dark and wavering, with eyes glowing blue. They were here for one reason- to chase me down, for daring to fulfil my destiny’s calling.

“There was nowhere to flee- Behind me was the fence, and in front of me were the Ghost Dogs. I could either retreat back to my life of peace and lethargy, or I could be torn to bits by these monsters.

“So I ran- I charged right at those specters, screeching at the top of my lungs. I think they were as surprised as I was. Pure luck and the stars themselves ensured my survival. Jaws snapped at my spine, paws pounded right behind me. My two tails saved my life- one bit right between where I was holding them, where an average-tailed cat might’ve held theirs. If those teeth had struck true I would not be telling you this story today.

“But I did not escape unharmed, no. One of the Ghost Dogs slashed a vicious paw that scraped my side. If it were any deeper, I’d have been in serious trouble. But it wasn’t deeper, and I ran, and ran, and ran. After what felt like several sunrises and sunsets, I stopped, and I fell, and I slept. The Dogs must have lost me, as my fur was still attached to my body.

“These creatures left me with two souvenirs- the scar, of course, but also the markings. These stripes sprouted on my fur after I woke from that fateful day. The Ghost that clawed me had claimed my very soul- doomed to one day fall into the claws of the Ghost Dogs once more.

“Since then, I have not seen the hide or tail of those creatures. But some nights, if you listen closely, you’ll hear the ghostly howls. But I bid you not to listen too closely- or else the Ghost Dogs may turn their eyes to you.”

(a horrid sound echoes through camp, causing the kits gathered to bristle. Turning their little heads towards the source, tiny screams joined the sound as they notice a pure white figure looming in the shadows… only for said white figure to jump down, revealing themself to just be another cat, a pure-white clanmate and no ghostly dog. Two queens dashed out of the nursery only to glare at their leader once realizing what had happened. He chuckles as the cats herd their frightened kits back to the nursery.)

“Oh to be a kit, whose greatest fears are ghost stories and unexpected shadows.”
Last edited by ambopteryx on Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    “Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
    (They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier)

― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
    sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 pm

marks 👉👈

Cat Name: Morax
Clan: clan of the morning star
Prompt: wip! will edit my form again later

Tell us a scary story from this cat's perspective.
Max 3 Art Pieces, Max 2,000 words.
Animation, Custom Songs, Comics, etc. are all ok.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Username: olivionary
    Cat Name: Lupin
    Clan: The Wanderers
    Prompt:
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:17 pm

about a week and a half left on this guy !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:08 am

Username: allynabean
    Cat Name: salem
    Clan: moonclan
    Prompt: [2000/2000 words]

You and the other kits snuck into the Healer’s Cave one night, drawn by the moonlight that filtered into it from the crack in the ceiling, by the mystery of the strange cat who recently began inhabiting it. The queens had fallen asleep a little while ago, and you knew you wouldn’t be missed for some time, but as your paws padded through the stone and dirt passageways it seemed far too loud in your ears. The entrance to the Healer’s Cave was covered by hanging lichens and moss, and you peered through the plants into the dimly lit interior.

Inside, the strange cat sat lightly, peering down into a shallow, shimmering pool of water that glowed when the moonlight struck it. The strange, unnatural stripes that ran down the scruffy pelt seemed to glow with that same moonlight. A head swiveled toward the entrance, and mismatched eyes flashed bright as they landed upon your form. You felt very, very small beneath their gaze.

“Well, well, why don’t you come in, enter, young ones?” their scratchy, lilting voice called, shattering the silence of the cave. You squeaked, and slowly made your way into the room, the other kits trailing behind you warily. The cat- you think their name was, Salem? A strange word- chuckled, the eerie sound reverberating throughout the cave.

“Shouldn’t you kits be in bed, asleep, curled up next to your mothers?” they asked, eyeing you with an expression somewhere between suspicion and approval. Before you could answer, they shook their head, their yellowed, sharp fangs glinting in the moonlight as they grinned. “Not that it matters, not at all. I assume! I assume I am what you came here, oh so late at night, to find?”

They answered their own question, their tails- two of them, it was so strange to watch them move- flicking, “Of course, of course it is, none of you are sick. Hmm… are you here to hear, to listen to a story, a tale, then?” You gulped, looked back to the other kits, just as frightened and excited as you, and nodded. They grinned again, eyes lit wildly, and the bell tied to their foreleg jingled hollowly as they glanced up to the crack in the roof of the cave, the moon just barely visible through it.

“I have some time… yes… I will tell you about myself, maybe. It is not a pleasant tale, no, not at all- be warned, kits. But, I will tell it to you, satiate your curious ears.” As they spoke, their voice turned all-which-ways, up and down, high and low, slow and fast, always scratchy, rough, more of a crackle than a meow. It both grated on your ears and drew you in, and you curled your tail around your paws, listening with wide eyes.

“The tale, the story, starts many, oh, so many moons ago. It was a dark, pitch black night- a night of no moon,” as they began, the cave darkened- a cloud had covered the moon above, and the only light source was the glowing mushrooms and plants that grew along the edges of the pool. You shivered, the cave suddenly very cold. “As you… may have known- or maybe not, I used to be what you might call a kittypet, a housecat. I was much more than that, though, so much more. You see, young, little kits, my twoleg was something called a witch, gifted- Ah, ah, don’t interrupt, now. She could see things, do things, none of the other twolegs could. It was just her and I, for moons, since I was a kit, us and the spirits that she spoke to.

“The night though, the moonless night where this all began. We had gone out to do a ritual, on a special, high stone, so tall, a ritual that would be empowered by the black sky. I helped her set up, the funny smelling herbs and the shining, sharp crystals, the powders and stones and a small, candle fire in the center. Once everything was prepared, I sat upon her shoulders, and she began her words in the strange tongue twolegs speak.

“The only light came from the glow of the small fire before us. The forest around was pitch and full of shadows that flickered. It was leaf-fall, cold and crisp, and the wind whispered through the trees like voices murmuring, hushed, playful.

“A wolf howled, far, far in the distance, the sound echoing off the mountains and multiplying into multitudes of answering howls, harmonizing, singing with each other.” You thought you could hear them now, wolves in the forest, howling mournfully into the night. “She was about halfway, the middle, almost there, through the ritual, when a gust of harsh wind blew out our fire and plunged us into darkness, far too dark to be natural. The howls of the wolves, previously beautiful, a melody, became a cry, a screech, screams that reverberated through the valley and embedded themselves deep into your bones, your soul.

“I stood up, hackles raised and claws readied, and my twoleg was hurriedly, quickly, trying to relight the candle and continue her work. The shadows surrounding us stalked ever closer, hungry eyes and sharpened teeth shrouded by inky blackness.

“Everything happened very quickly, too fast, then. There was a growl, deep and low and louder than it should have been, so much louder…” Their words descended into a growl, to demonstrate, the deep, rough, cracked sound making you shiver. “Then, too fast to stop, something leaped, pounced, far, far larger, so much bigger, than any wolf or bear I’d ever seen- it pounced, up onto the tall rock where we sat, huge, talon-like claws digging into my twoleg and knocking me off of her, right off, onto the ground far below. I hit hard, knocked my head, the screams of my twoleg piercing the air. The beast- the monster- took her, dragged her off into the shadows, and I was helpless to stop it.”

They paused, for a moment, peered down at your face and you quickly wiped all expression of fear or apprehension. “Young ones…” they hummed, “Do you have any idea how large a creature has to be to drag a twoleg away with ease? It could have crushed me under its paw without notice- you all would have been dwarfed by a single claw. It was huge, with a maw full of razor-sharp teeth, fangs, and eyes full of hatred and malice and hunger. A beast like no other, and it had taken my twoleg- I would have been certain she was already dead, had I not still heard her screams echoing off the trees.

“I passed out, fainted, before I could even get a chance to chase them. When I awoke, the sun was filtering between the trees, the scattered remnants of our ritual still up on the rock. I limped my way in the direction the beast had taken her, following both the scent and trail of blood.

“It took me to a cave, much like this one, hidden behind the brush and tucked up into the stones. The entrance looked deceptively small from the outside- but once I slipped inside, it opened up into a cavern far, far larger, much bigger, than any of our own. I was still very, grievously wounded, but- determination does funny things to a cat, lets us do things we didn’t think possible.” Their grin was strained, here, and their eyes glinted dangerously as they narrated. “I found the beast sleeping, deeper into the darkness of the cave, no twoleg to be seen- but I could smell her, along with the reek of death. I crept as carefully, so, so carefully, as I could, around the beast. Its massive form was lying on a bed of bones and scraps of fur, skulls and pieces of all sorts of animals- cats, wolves, birds, bears, even twolegs. I was as quiet as could be-” their voice hushed, a crackling, broken whisper, and you leaned closer to hear them better- “BUT!-” they suddenly cried out, raising their paw and shaking it violently, causing the bell to ring out, a harsh, discordant sound, and you flinched away. “I still wore my collar, and this very bell was the thing that alerted the beast. I made a wrong move, slipped, and it chimed, so, so loud in that echoing cavern. The beast awoke.

“At first, it cracked one, large, glowing, eye, swiveled around to look directly at me. And then, with a movement so much faster than its incredible size should allow, it stood to its feet and roared, shaking the walls of the cavern. Its hungry eyes followed my form as I darted away, back towards the entrance, heart beating rabbit-fast in my chest but my legs not quite fast enough. One of its massive claws snagged me, ran down my body from cheek to tail-” They stretched out their neck, showing the long, large, jagged scar that snaked down their side. You had been wondering how they got that. “-and tore off my collar in the process, the jingling of my bell overshadowed by its growling and my own cries of pain. I grabbed my torn collar in my teeth, and continued racing out of there. The beast followed suit, but I quickly found a little fox-hole and wiggled my way inside, too terrified to be wary of my open wounds. I waited there, hidden and trying to conceal my harsh breaths. I could hear the beast lumbering towards where I was huddled, its growls shaking the very ground where I was hiding.

“It drew closer, its earth-shaking footsteps almost above me now- I held my breath, tried not to cry out when my wound was caught on a root and torn open even further. Dirt from above my head fell as it stepped over where I was, and I could swear my heart stopped beating for a second. It sniffed, loud and deep, once… twice…

“And then, with a huff and a growl, it left. I waited there for another hour, two, before gingerly, so, so carefully, making my way out of the hole. I was dizzy from blood loss and pain and terror, and I still had no idea, none, if my twoleg was even alive.

“I took a stray string from the scraps of my collar and tied the bell to my leg- the collar was useless, but the bell, it was important. Sacred. All I had left of her. It hasn’t left that spot since, although I’m careful about letting it chime at unwanted times.

“I cleaned up my wound as best I could- I had learned some about herbs from my twoleg, and guessed for the rest, hoped for the best- but I’ve learned much, much more since. I still don’t know if my twoleg was killed, but I do know that the beast still roams these mountains, deep in the forests, found on moonless nights and preying on all those creatures who call this place home. Its hungry, angry, bloodthirsty eyes watch from the shadows, and its jaws snap when you least expect it.”

They trailed off, seemingly lost in thought, looking back towards the crack where the moon had begun to filter back through- the clouds had passed. You looked back and forth between them and the other kits uneasily, silence ringing out through the cavern. An owl hooted, somewhere outside, and you jumped, still tense, fur bristling- the healer snorted, shaking their head.

They stood up, stretched, bones audibly cracking, and they ushered you and the other kits out. “You all should be getting back now, to the nursery with you. If you plan to do more night wandering- don’t go out of our caves, out of camp, especially not on nights of no moon, and especially not alone. I may deal with spirits, but the beast is very tangible, very real, and it is waiting.

art full size!!
it's downsized to fit
in the post better ^^;;
Last edited by allynabean on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby illusions. » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Username: illusions.
    Cat Name: Specter
    Clan: glacier hollow
    Prompt:

this is the story of the eyes... they followed me everywhere. it didn't matter where i may have traveled. it didn't matter what i did - yelled, cursed at them, tried to run... they followed. the eyes always knew. they see... everything. they know everything. and perhaps that is the scariest part of them - they see the true 'me,' even when i don't think i know who i am...

i noticed them when i was very young. maybe it was a good thing, but they only came out at night. at first, i thought i was just dreaming... but i was wrong. so very wrong. they were real, i was awake. and they followed. at first, i was scared. i hated it. but slowly... surely... i learned to live with them, a constant reminder that i was awake, that i would feel fear. that i was a cat who experienced emotion.

a lot of the time, i've forgotten that i feel things. it's only thanks to the eyes that i remember.

what i didn't realize until i grew older made my bones fill with chills. the eyes... they were not normal eyes...

they were my own. staring at me through any reflection possible. and in that moment, i realized that i was powerful. i was intimidating, even to myself. perhaps the scariest villain in our lives... is ourself.
hi there! i
love animals of
all kinds. i
hope you have
a great day!
▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸
∘ trade me! ∘
starscred
illusions.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Username: Coraly
Cat Name: Snaketails
Clan: The Clan of the Rising Fox https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4451541&p=132416182#p132416182
Prompt:
( will draw a scene later, if that’s ok. )

That night I stepped up to the twoleg nest, it was a normal night, but I had lost the scent of my nest. All the twoleg kits were parading around, and they kept almost stomping on me. It was dark too-- at least cats could see in the night. I knew I had to find my home -- And soon. This was the night of the blood moon, the ghosts were always out that night, they chose to possess whoever’s up and about.

But all the nests look so different! Is what I thought that night, as I could not pin point the smell of home. There were so many smells out that night, and the twolegs were out and about too. They kept stepping on me, it was painful.

“Ah-!” I youled when a twoleg kit stepped on my tails, I then muttered, “mouse-brained twolegs!” I clattered to get out of the way. And another one stepped on my tails, again. I let out a new of pain, that had hurt a lot. Why did I even have two tails? That was an aspect I always hated about myself, two tails... The twoleg kit seemed to notice me then, it’s face wasn’t a twoleg face.... it looked a bit like a cat! I yelped in surprise, what was this? I meowed to it, to ask if it could help me, but then hands reached down.

And I was in the air.

It was not a cat that could understand me, but a twoleg.

Squeaks was all I heard, and I squirmed to get out of the twoleg’s grip. But my struggles were for not, and it kept me firm and still. Then we were heading to another twoleg nest, I scratched the twoleg in the face. It peered down at me, and then more squeaks. I needed out. But I couldn’t, yet.

Then I noticed the black void in front of me. The twoleg was going too take me in, I realized. No! Is what I thought, there in the twoleg’s firm grip, and I ended up scratching it, but I hit this time. The scratch clearly hurt it. The twoleg then threw me, and I flew through the air, youling. Well, more like screaming for my life.

Then everything went black.

I woke up in the forest, at the time I had thought that the clans were vicious animals, and was completely petrified at the thought that that they might find me. The bushes seemed to creep around me, closing in and keeping me there. The reality of it threw me off my normal thinking, and I couldn’t think straight.

But there was one terrifying aspect that lay before me..

How was I going to get home?
hello.
I… am not at my best right now, and I’ll be taking a small break from most chickensmoothie things. (mainly everything expect roleplays)
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ -- crescendo of moons and melodies [stars #500]

Postby faelyn » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:57 am

"these rooms are dark, now."
username; faelyn name; orpheus ->