Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby iStarz & Everly » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:04 am

iStarz & Everly wrote:
SageFur bristled, as the eagle let out a loud cry above them, her eyes wide as she called her adopted kits to her! BriarPaw and BirchPaw were immediately under her, but where had NightPaw gone?! She began to panic as her brothers, LionStep and JaggedClaw got into a defensive position, providing SageFur and the learners some protection as the eagle broke through the trees and swooped above them.
SoulShadow, who was crouched, ready to pounce, lept up and slashed at the bird, only hitting its tail and pulling out a feather in the process. But that didn't stop the bird as it flapped its wings to bring it higher and out of range.
SoulShadow landed in front of ShadeStar, panting with adrenaline. "We need to get out of here and under cover!" He shouted to the groups. He didn't want to risk getting tangled in with that eagle's talons if he didn't have to. ShadeStar didn't argue and urged his clan members towards some thicker bushes to get out of direct sight of the bird.
"We cant leave!! NightPaw is missing!" SageFur cried. She couldn't leave him out here alone.
"Don't worry, SageFur, we will find him. I promise." SoulShadow reassured, picking up tiny BirchPaw up by the scruff and carrying her off after the rest of the group towards some dense bushes.
SageFur nudged BriarPaw after SoulShadow and her sister, still reluctant to leave her last kit behind. Shoving her kit into the shrub she hesitated to go inside as well, her ears swiveling towards a sound, was that him? Looking back at her daughters and clan mates for a split second, she turned around and bounded off towards it.
"No!! SageFur!!" SoulShadow shouted, "Come back!" He loved her. Why was he so mouse-brained! He should have told her how he felt! He had to go after her, and he would have if JaggedClaw hadn't tackled him to the ground, growling and biting his scruff to keep him still.
"Let go JaggedClaw!!" SoulShadow, hissed.
"Calm down, your going to give us away!!" LionStep mewed under his breath, looking up between the leaves of the bush they were all hiding in. "We will go look for both of them when that bird gives up."
Just then, the eagle let out another sharp cry and they could see its shadow between the leaves of their hiding place as it swooped again....

[ 400 words ]

--cats on patrol
1]ShadeStar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
2]SageFur | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
3]JaggedClaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
4]LionStep | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
5]SoulShadow | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
6]NightPaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

--level 1
experience: 44/200

--inventory
1x Vole [+2fp]
1x Scraps [+1fp]
1x mouse [+2fp]
1x shrew [+2fp]
1x unknown [+1fp]

----------

1x Goldenrod [healing wounds; poultice]
1x Lamb's Ear [gives a cat strength]
--items in inventory used
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items; n/a
--predators:
Common;
- ravens/crows
- raccoons
- mink/weasles
- ferrets/pine martens
- fox (red or grey)
- falcons/kestrels
- hawks
- gopher snakes [non-venomous]
- bull snakes [non-venomous]
Uncommon;
- rattlesnakes [venomous]
- wolverine
- coyotes
- cougars
- great horned owls
- eagles
Rare;
- ospreys
- badger
- bobcats
- lynx
- wolves
- black bears

** I didn't mark the hunger down from my last post, cause this should be my 3rd free post **
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the pirates - explore post

Postby beebun » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:11 am

beebun wrote:
ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪʀᴀᴛᴇs
foxclan last post - pirates last post

xxxx squashpaw padded along next to teadrip, realizing how much he missed the touch of grass, and the smell of regular air, not the very salty sea air he had breathed for the last 8 moons. he missed his family, he missed foxclan— and though teadrip had asked if he wanted to change his name (and maple asking if he would like a warrior name) he kept saying no. all this because of the false hope that someday he would go back home. he wasn’t with the pirates by choice, the sea twolegs (sailors? he thought) had grabbed him when he had been following maple to see where his clan mate has been going. oh, how he wished that he had decided not to snoop. he wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t. ha—! starclan must be trying to teach him a lesson. squashpaw let out a small, sarcastic chuckle and teadrip looked at him weirdly. the young, orange tom shut his mouth, not wanting to express his feelings to teadrip. the molly wasn’t exactly good with feelings and emotions. that was lobstar’s forte.. a small blush appeared on the tomcat’s face, but squashpaw didn’t notice it.
xxxx her tail flicked back and forth with her swiveling ear. teadrip glanced back at her hunting partner, who seemed to be lost in thought. teadrip sighed, her eyes darting around for any sign of motion. and she spotted something— a tail! but then squashpaw’s little chuckle scared it away before she could pounce. she gave a him a glare, and the tabby tom shut up and went back to his thoughts. she spotted him blush for a minute before smiling. teadrip wondered what he was thinking about. or who. teadrip’s tail stopped moving for a moment when they heard a twoleg yell. it scared her and squashpaw, though only the molly jumped back. the two ran over into a different area of the city, and teadrip ended up bumping into a familiar face.
xxxx‘ wasn’t expecting to see you two out here. ’ a grin plastered on his face, chipper’s words sounded almost demeaning. he hoped that they didn’t come out that way, he was trying to improve his image with the other cats! maple and teadrip were still wary about him being with azi and lobstar, and squashpaw.. well, let’s just say that the orange tabby never really liked him and leave it at that. fun fact; in the pirates, there was a trust system. the ones that proved their trust to the group had a vote in meetings, but the —we’ll call them the untrusted— weren’t given a vote. he was currently at the untrusted rank, and his first impression on the group still wasn’t helping. chipper tried to smile at the two, but squashpaw just scowled. ‘ what are you doing out here? it’s mighty suspicious- ’ teadrip cut squashpaw off. that was one thing the molly was good at, preventing fights. ‘ squashpaw, shush. chipper, would you like to join us hunting? ’ her words were sweet, but the look in her eyes revealed her true feelings— suspicion, and everything showed on squashpaw’s face. chipper gulped, nodding, ‘ that’d be nice. ’ he said meekly.
[526 words]

cats -
teadrip / hp 100% / hup 10% / sick - n
squashpaw / hp 100% / hup 10% / sick - n (technically not an app.)
chipper / hp 100% / hup 0% / sick - n
level 3
248 xp
152 to lvl up
inventory -
scraps / 1 fp / x1
mice or rats / 2 fp / x0
small fish / 2 fp / x0
crabs / 2 fp / x0
minnow / 3 fp / x0
bird / 4 fp / x0
birds of prey / 5 fp / x0
chamomile / x1
comfrey root / x1
raspberry leaves / x1
tansy / x1
items used -
n/a
predators -
other cats
birds of prey
dogs
coyotes
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astraf » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:50 am

astraf wrote:
Skylight Walkers
Nightbarn glanced up sharply. "What was that?"
"Relax, it was only a bird. And one we can catch, too," Tawnyshadow replied, telling the patrol to still with a flick of her tail.
Mudshine narrowed his eyes, crouching down and gazing into the trees. It was a thrush. "Nice."
"Mudshine, let Cloudspla-"
"I got it."
"Wait-"
Mudshine leaped up into the tree, grabbing one of the oak branches in his claws. The thrush twittered nervously and flew higher into the tree.
Cloudsplash sat down, wrapping his tail over his paws. "It's fine. Let's see how he does." Tawnyshadow sighed and sat beside him.
"W-what if he falls?" Nightbarn fretted, pacing below the oak.
"He'll be fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Shh!" Tawnyshadow flicked her tail over Nightbarn's muzzle. "The bird might hear you."
A few seconds after she uttered those words, there was a scream coming from the tree. Then Mudshine came crashing to the ground, and Cloudsplash just barely softened his fall. They fell into a pile.
"Speak of the Dark Forest," she muttered, padding over to them. "Are you two okay?"
"I'm fine! Thanks, friend," Mudshine replied, stepping off of Cloudsplash and shaking out his pelt. Cloudsplash only groaned.
"C'mon. Maybe we'll catch something other than Mudshine."
[ 208 words ]

--cats on patrol
Nightbarn | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Tawnyshadow | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mudshine | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Cloudsplash | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 88

--inventory
mouse | 2 fp | x1
shrew | 2 fp | x2
squirrel | 3 fp | x2
owl | 4 fp | x1
rabbit | 4 fp | x1
bird | 4 fp | x1

raspberry leaves | a painkiller, stops bleeding | x2
mallow leaf | is eaten to soothe bellyache | x1
holly berries | poison | x3
n/a
--predators:
foxes
badgers
coyotes
bees
astra
SOUKOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am

CloudedDiamond wrote:Image
font credit

as she began to make her way back to camp, the molly made sure to keep herself alert of her surroundings. although petalskip's main focus was to make it back to camp before sundown, making a catch or two along the way certainly wouldn't hurt. while she her belly felt full from the mice from before, the prey pile at camp was still emptier than she felt comfortable with, and adding to it would only help her growing clan. though the season of newleaf could always be counted on to bring abundant prey along with it, it was still wise to stay on the safe side. she still needed to move as quickly as she could manage as she searched, however, to ensure that she returned to camp while there was still light. the idea of being outside of the safety of her clan's camp when night fell brought a wave of discomfort for the molly, and only encouraged her to keep moving forward.

as she continued on, her search proved to be uneventful, as the area around her was devoid of any signs or sounds of potential prey. aside from the mice, the molly hadn't found anything during her time away from camp, and she was determined to return to camp with something. petalskip hadn't even noticed the prey scraps that lay only a few feet ahead of her, and had almost stepped on them entirely before it had managed to catch her eye. the scent was so faint, anyway, that it would have taken a great amount of effort to even pick it up among its surroundings. (+1fp, +1xp)
petalskip continued on, her paws beginning to drag behind her as exhaustion weighed down on her. her gaze drifted down to the ground in front of her, where she quickly spotted a single herb sprouting in a patch of grass near her paws. the molly crouched down, picking the herb from its stem as gently as she could with her teeth, careful to not pierce the delicate leaves. (+1 dried oak leaf)

+25xp
for 381 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (1 free post left!)

total :

+37xp | +0% hunger | +1 dried oak leaf | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (68/100)

Vinson wrote:Image

rustlingraven's sudden appearance alerted the two dogs, who eyed the molly warily for a few moments before ultimately deciding to pursue her. with the dogs trailing behind her, rustlingraven darted away as fast as she could, trying to keep enough distance between herself and the much faster creatures. she managed to near the drainage pipe within only a few moments, where she quickly leapt up out of the dogs' reach. the dogs, who had been more focused on the molly than their own surroundings, hadn't even noticed the drainage pipe until it lay only a few feet ahead of them. one of them had noticed the pipe a second too late, and had just paused to slow down when it lost its footing, sending it tumbling down into the fast-moving waters. the other glanced down at where its companion had disappeared with a puzzled expression before turning to pace in front of the pipe, its gaze still fixated on where rustlingraven was perched.

carrionstar looked around at the rest of the patrol before giving a quick, sharp nod, signaling for them to attack. the others quickly sprang into action, their claws outstretched as they pounced towards the creature. the dog let out a sharp yelp as one of the cats delivered a sharp bite to its shoulder, turning its head to snap at its attacker. fortunately for them, the creature seemed to be somewhat skittish, and it wasn't long before the sheer number of attackers had overwhelmed it. the dog's eyes wide in alarm, it gave one last shake before retreating, its injured shoulder causing it to limp slightly as it ran.
as the leader turned to his clan, a quick glance over the others told carrionstar that the others were unscathed, or had at least received only minor injuries from the battle. he'd still have the clan's healer take a look at them once they had returned, though, just to stay on the safe side. "nice job, everyone," carrionstar said with a small nod of approval, a note of pride in his voice. "let's keep moving. hopefully we'll still be able to gather a few things before the sun begins to set."

with the predator gone, the patrol found themselves more at ease with their surroundings and allowed themselves to move along less cautiously. though the faint stench of dog still seemed to linger in the air, prey still seemed to be running about, as it wasn't long before crowcrawl had picked up the fresh scent of a nearby squirrel. he disappeared into a nearby clearing, only to return a few moments later with a plump squirrel dangling in his jaws. (+3fp, +3xp)

a soft rustling alerted rustlingraven, whose ears pricked upon hearing the sound. her gaze scanned over the area around her before falling upon a cluster of bushes that stood a few tail-lengths away, where she could just barely spot a hare through the leaves. the molly crouched low, creeping forward as slowly as she could until she had gotten near enough to pounce. upon seeing rustlingraven spring forward, it's eyes widened in alarm and had just turned to dart away when the molly had trapped it underneath her paws and delivered a swift, well-placed bite to its neck. (+4fp, +4fp)
as she turned to rejoin the rest of the patrol, a herb that lay by her front paws quickly caught her eye. she quickly picked it up off of the ground to carry with her before moving on, satisfied with her findings. (+1 alder bark)

+80xp for 1229 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10xp for predator battle
+0% hunger (1 free post left!)

total :

+108xp | +0% hunger | +1 alder bark | +4fp (rabbit), +3fp (squirrel) | level 1 (174/200)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:38 am

DarkestWerewolf wrote:Third explore post

It was another new day. The moons have come and went. The wobbly kittens from before are now apprentices, all independent and able to care for themselves, for the most part. They still have to be under the supervision of a grown warrior but they’re able to hunt and forage for themselves now.

Phantom sighed. It was time. The clan has grown from its humble beginnings. However, they will need to branch out and expand their territory if they choose to grow bigger and sustain themselves in future. The lone leader stood at the top of the cave, gazing out into the horizons. Calypso, Morax and Sorano all waiting for him below. They have been familiar to the Plains of Rhea, having explored much of it. However, the east of Secret Haven was still widely unexplored. Serene Woodlands lies east of Secret Haven. What mysteries does it hold? Are there any hostile creatures? Food source? Another clan? Only one way to find out.

“Time for an expedition to the east. We’re going to Serene Woodlands. We move at dawn.” Phantom said.

The clan had been prepping for an expedition and it was finally time. At the crack of dawn, the 4 left the safety and comfort of their cave. The apprentices watched silently as they left.

As the sun slowly rose higher, they started to wake up and brighten the mood. It was going to be a long trek to the woodlands so they might as well do something to keep themselves occupied. Calypso and Morax were great conversation starters and always kept the ball going. By noon, they finally arrived at the border between Secret Haven and Serene Woodlands. Phantom decided that it was a good time for a break as they decided to hunt and forage for food around. Morax automatically headed for the shore of Naga’s Lake to fish. The molly had definitely gotten better at it. Sorano stayed by her side, watching her fish. Her technique was odd but effective. Sorano on the other hand was quick on her paws, being able to fish by using her claws to stun and fling the fish out of water. As for Phantom and Calypso, they were much more adept at hunting on ground and had already caught a hare and sparrow. Once they had caught their meal, the 4 rested under the shade of a tree as they enjoyed their meal.

After a hearty lunch, they were off once again. The sun was up in the sky but there wasn’t any wind, making it a rather hot trek. They took a few pit stops along the way and even took a dip in the lake to cool off. It was unfortunate that there weren’t a lot of trees around but the tall grass held indications of life as scampering groundhogs could be seen darting into their burrows when the felines walked by. They finally arrived at the outskirts of Serene Woodlands with slightly under 2 hours of sunlight to spare. First thing on the agenda was to find a safe shelter first. Phantom made it clear not to wander too deep into the forest, should they accidentally traipse into a predator or another clan’s territory.

They scoured for a bit before Sorano found a large hole under a tree. It looked to be an old fox den and it was pretty roomy too. Morax went to find some branches and large leaves to cover the entrance at night. The clan was lucky enough to encounter berry bushes nearby and settled on it for dinner. The forest so far didn’t seem bad at all. The 4 huddled together for the night, exhausted from a day of walking.

It was mid-morning when they had awoken and decided to spend the day exploring. They were kept on guard, silently crossing the forest floor. Birds could be heard chirping amongst the tall trees. The forest seemed to live up to its name - serene but it was better to be cautious. They couldn’t pick up on any scent or sign of another clan so the forest is probably still free space. As the day went on, it became quite clear that they weren’t the only predators. Foxes were a common sight and the clan had seen a few across the span of the day. However, foxes were more skittish and would usually flee when they encounter the warriors. Food and water was in abundance so it wasn’t a worry. By nightfall, the clan was back in the den, huddled together. A very faint cry of a wolf could be heard but it was safe to say that it wasn’t in the forest and wouldn’t pose a threat at the moment.

By the next morning, the clan was up and ready to head back. Their expedition to Serene Woodlands proved to be a success. Phantom was extremely pleased with the turn out and it was definitely a place that the clan would expand into in future.
[ 833 words ]

--cats on patrol
Sorano | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Calypso | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Morax | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Phantom | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 98

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
Minnow | 3 FP | x1
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1

Broom | Used in poultices | x1
Wintergreen | Used to treat wounds & poison| x1
Burnet | Used to give strength | x1
Ragwort | Used for aching joints and strength | x1
Borage Leaves | Brings down fever | x1
NIL
--predators:
predator #1
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4

as the group returned home for the night, it seemed everyone had encountered successful days.

morax, laiden with a fat rabbit she'd managed to catch, returned with a boastful and excited purr- her compatriot Sorano had scented it moments before the thing attempted to race across their path and had let out a warning beforehand. the two seemed rather excited about the warrior's catch, and knew that the clan would eat a full meal.

phantom, on the other paw, seemed to spend most of their trip on high alert near the borders. his steady and calm demeanor almost slipped as he caught scent of a loner.. or perhaps another clan(?) on the furthest edge of the territory- but the stranger seemed long gone. his eyes lit up as another scent hit him, herbs. with a quick spin-around the tom managed to quickly locate some mint and feverfew tucked in the roots of an interesting tree. he quickly gathered them and went on his way.. but not before plunging his paw into a surprise hole in the ground and nearly falling on his face. shock wracked at his pelt, as he'd been deep in thought about the strange cat scent at the border, then he let out a wince of pain-- unfortunately, he had sprained his paw.

It seems Phantom has gotten a small sprain in his paw.. but will feel better in the morning -1 HP
    +50 EXP for writing, +7 EXP for finding food/herbs
    +5 fp (fat rabbit), +1 mint +1 feverfew
    98/100 --> LEVEL UP (+1 fp of your choice) + 55/200 to next level !!
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Hush wrote:
Clan of Roaring Silence

These cats go on patrol
[5 words]

xxxxxxxxxx--cats on patrolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--level 1
xxxxxxxx________________________________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx___________________
xxxxxxxxxxBadgerstar | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: NxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExperience: (192/200)
xxxxxxxxxxLynxtuft | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: N

Crowsight | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Hawkflight | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Robinheart | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Birdsong | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
N/A
--predators:
Hawks, Owls
Foxes, Coyotes, Dogs, Wolves
Cottonmouth’s
Badger

-- Prey
Mice, rats, shrew, vole
Moles, squirrels, snakes
Fish of varying sizes, frogs
Various birds, rabbits

--inventory

Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Mouse | 2 FP | x1
Hawk | 5 FP | x1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bright-eye | Mix with lovage to help cure coughs. | x1 Burnet | tba | x1
Catchweed | Stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin. | x1
Chervil | For infected wounds and bellyache, respectively. | x1
Coltsfoot | Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads. | x1
Daisy | Eases the pain of aching joints. | x1
Deadly Nightshade | death | x1
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection from setting in. | x1
Holly Berry | Tba. | x1
Lamb’s Ear | Gives a cat strength. | x1
Lungwort | Cures yellowcough. | x1
Mallow Leaves | Soothes bellyache. | x2
Marigold | Tba. | x1
Thyme | Calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock. | x1
Watermint | Eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache. | x1
Wintergreen | Treats wounds and some poisons. | x1

as the group sets off, badgerstar and lynxtuft seem on high alert. the two lead the pack, while birdsong and robinheart are in the back, chit chatting. apparently, their conversation seemed more important than focusing on hunting- that is until the sound of skittering grabs robinheart's attention. in an instance the young warrior turns and races toward the sound, spotting a squirrel only tail lengths ahead of them. with a final leap, the cat reaches out and catches the squirrel.

lynxtuft, still at the head of the patrol, watches the warrior race off proudly, jabbing badgerstar in the side with a paw,"robinheart might be taking saberfang's spot soon, huh" they chuckle before returning to scenting for prey and keeping an eye out for predators/rogues. badgerstar only waivers for a moment, their attention caught on something else entirely-- an adolescent hawk flys over head. "hey everyone.. i have an idea, group up!"
    after an interesting scuffle (and using poor crowsight as bait)- the patrol secures the small hawk. it seems the clan will be feasting tonight. as the last act of the patrol, at least for the moment, crowsight takes a moment to breathe and notices an interesting looking leaf growing between some roots. they snatch it and return to the group, hopefully someone can use it for something..

+10% HUP for each cat on patrol
    +5 EXP for writing, +7 EXP for finding stuff
    +6 fp (2 fp squirrel, 4 fp small hawk), +1 yarrow
    192/200 --> LEVEL UP (+1 fp of your choice, +1 herb of your choice, +1 c edit) + 3/300 EXP to next level !!
Image Image Image

°°°°°

Want some art?

❀ ✿ ❀
hi!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [★] EYE OF THE STORM - explore i.

Postby Swishy & Broken » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:33 pm

DaniCalifornia wrote:

LEVEL ONE
(199/200 EXP)
last reply - n/a

sword of the stars was the first to awaken. he couldn't really help it - thanks to the merciless alleys he used to call home, the tom had become a bit of an early bird against his will. he yawned as he stretched out, his muscles slightly sore. damn, had he really tired himself that much last night? all he really did was sneak into an upwalker den and reach into those icy things of theirs to- okay, maybe he pushed himself too far for a tasty dinner. he didn't even get to actually rob them of anything, though, because they almost caught him opening the ice box. they really were starting to get smarter... and that was very bad news for a thief like him. either way, sword of the stars would eventually figure out a way to outwit them - he always did! upwalkers had fluff for brains!

the tom stepped out of his arboreal den and leapt down from branch to branch until he landed in the canopy base, then looked around. no-one else was awake besides him, and he swore he could almost hear glowing embers' snoring coming from the she-cat's den. alright, camp was a bit eerie when empty, but at least he'd get the first pick from the fresh-kill pile, right? well, he always did - that was one of the many perks of being guildmaster - but somehow he often managed to arrive when the good kills had been taken. not today, though! sword of the stars headed towards the pile... but found only three scrawny mice laying in the otherwise empty space where it should be.

"greedy foxhearts!" the calico tom growled to no-one in particular. was this a joke? if so, it was a very bad one, even for guild standards. yesterday, there was a large, nice pile able to sustain several cats, but now there was barely enough for two bandits at best. the guildmaster swore he'd find the culprit and make them regret not chewing their food thoroughly. sighing in frustration, he took one of the carcasses and settled down not far off, under the shade of the rustling leaves. as he dug in, he decided the guild's first priority today was finding food. they wouldn't last long with such a pitful amount of meat - not unless they were willing to starve, anyway. sword of the stars didn't know about the others, but he certainly didn't like to go hungry for long periods of time.

he waited for a while. he wasn't sure how much time passed, exactly, but the trees began to rustle with activity. he could see a few cats moving around in the distance - he couldn't recognize them from afar, but they were definetly guild cats: not many outsiders made dens in the tree tops like the eye of the storm did. once he was sure there were enough bandits up and about, the tomcat got up and took a deep breath. "may all cats old enough to tame the tempest gather here for a guild meeting!"

one by one, the guild cats made their way to the canopy base. nacre's trance was the first, landing smoothly on the sturdy branches and sitting down, curling their pale tail around their body. their rookie was next - fox almost fell face-first on the tree, but managed to connect her paws to the surface before she could crash. the cream point cat gave her a pointed glare, yet the young molly was completely oblivious to their disapproval. rat's nose came after, almost falling off the branch he'd landed in before recomposing himself. somber song appeared - the tom hadn't spotted her among the leaves before - without making a sound, scanning her surroundings with narrowed eyes. potoo's lament seemed a little disoriented, but managed to make his way to camp anyhow, glowering at anyone who pointed it out. finally, glowing embers cautiously jumped from tree to tree until she made it to the base. the guildmaster wouldn't have noticed sea's breeze was behind her if she hadn't slipped from one of the branches above and fallen on her side.

the entire guild was finally here. "so, today i found the prey pile suspiciously empty." sword of the stars' tail tip twitched, giving away his anger. "because of that, today you'll be focusing on hunting and scavenging for prey. a guild can't run on empty stomachs for long - and i sincerely doubt you want to." he gave them a warning glare. some of the cats flinched, while others didn't move a muscle. which one of them was responsible for emptying the fresh-kill pile? it was hard to tell at a simple glance. "don't waste your time stealing things that aren't food until you've brought something to the pile. i don't give a whisker about where it comes from, if it's edible and not poisonous," he gave fox a hard stare. the molly somehow managed to bring a dart frog to the pile a few sunrises ago, and the bandits had to go out of their way to throw it out and wash the remaining kills thoroughly in the stream. "then anything is fair game."

sword of the stars scanned the gathering cats for a moment. "glowing embers, sea's breeze, rat's nose, potoo's lament: you'll be coming with me." he turned to the cats he hadn't adressed and flicked his tail. "the rest of you are dismissed." with that, he began to climb down the tree base, the aforementioned bandits following suit.

once they were on the ground, rat's nose spoke up. "what did you call us for? are we in trouble?" he asked the guildmaster rather bluntly.

"not right now, no." sword of the stars turned to face the other cats. "i asked you to come for a hunting patrol, so you better catch as much prey as you can carry." a few sighs of relief were heard as the tom began to pad away from campgrounds and towards the wilderness.

looking up at the morning sky, he prayed the cats he left behind wouldn't do anything stupid while he was away.

[ 1016 words ]

INVENTORY
    scraps x0 | 1 FP
    mouse x0 | 2 FP
    vole x0 | 2 FP
    ground squirrel x0 | 3 FP
    toad x0 | 3 FP
    songbird x0 | 4 FP

lavender x1 | hides the scent
    of death
    mint x1 | hides the scent of
    death
    parsley x1 | stops a queen
    from producing milk
    poppy seeds x1 | painkiller,
    sleep aid, also eases shock.
    USING...
    ... x1 nothing
    x1 this
    x1 post
    x1 nope
    x1 absolutely
    x1 not
    PREY
    mice
    shrews
    voles
    songbirds
    bats
    rats
    stolen prey

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      PREDATORS
      leopards, tigers, foxes, badgers, eagles, hawks, falcons, owls, vultures, snakes, jackals

as their hunt began, the group quickly realized that today seemed to be the perfect kind of day for hunting. within a few blocks sea's breeze had already grabbed a mouse and found some delicious looking scraps- something that the young warrior hoped to share with her friends when they'd return to camp. potoo's lament let out a scoff before pushing ahead of the she-cat, sure he would be able to catch far more than her soon.
    within a very short time span, the group had amassed a large amount of prey- more than enough to fill the pile rat's nose and glowing embers had cornered a toad and swiftly caught it. while, on the other paw, it seemed to take potoo's lament a some time to find some mediocre scraps. in all, the patrol seemed to come out with about 6fp worth of prey, nothing to roll your eyes at.

rat's nose seemed to be talking glowing ember's ears off, proud of their catch, when a harsh scent suddenly seemed to smack everyone at once. sword of the stars halted the patrol almost immediately, the scent of jackal overwhelmingly surrounding the area the patrol had entered- yet no sight of the predator. rat's nose almost went to speak, but a sharp glare quieted the bandit in an instant.

Your cats pick up the scent of a jackal, only a day or so old, what will they do?
    +60 EXP for writing, +6 fp for finding prey
    +6 fp (1 mouse, 1 scraps, 1 toad, 1 scraps)
    199/200 --> LEVEL UP (+1 fp of your choice, +1 herb of your choice, +1 c edit) + 65/300 EXP to next level !!
Image Image Image

°°°°°

Want some art?

❀ ✿ ❀
hi!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:09 am

Gravis Cordis wrote:

Lightstar took a moment to let her mind move away from the former conversation with the two cats, letting her concern for the situation dissipate into a clear mind. The wind spoke a soft soliloquy and tugged at her pelt, letting her shoulders relax as she moved forward with her hunting partner. She sensed Silentstalk move away from the group on his own, and silently gave him a look of hope for a successful solo hunt.

Lightstar kept low to the ground as she moved in soft movements beside Windchaser, ears perked for sounds. They both took in scents with ease, sorting amongst the smells of fresh plant growth and budding flowers for the scent of a blooded animal. But Lightstar suddenly froze as she heard a soft crackle in the tree above her. Windchaser froze just as her leader had, taking in the details.

Lightstar and Windchaser locked each other’s gaze, giving nods and swift tail flicks to signal their plan of attack for the likely squirrel above their heads. Windchaser would head up the tree it was in, and Lightstar would climb up the next closest tree to deal a final blow if the creature escaped before Windchaser could take it.

The two cats climbed the trees effortlessly, keeping the sounds of scratching as their claws clutched the bark to a bare minimum. Once Lightstar was waiting in the next tree, Windchaser made a slow approach to the branch that the squirrel was sitting on. The bronze dusted pine squirrel sat with a walnut in its small paws, too focused on the prize of food than the possible danger that could be lurking behind them. Windchaser was quick to make a move, launching herself forward towards the squirrel. But the squirrel caught her movement too quickly, the walnut falling from the squirrel's grasp as it jumped to the next tree. Windchaser landed awkwardly on the branch after making her unsuccessful attempt, watching as the squirrel made its getaway. The squirrel ran so quickly, unaware of Lightstars presence in the next tree until it was too late. Lightstar caught the running squirrel in her claws, holding it down to make a quick and successful blow. She carried the squirrel down from the tree in her jaws, grateful for the warm prey. Windchaser joined her on the forest floor, noticing some dried oak leaves from a previous season. Knowing they didn’t have a gentlepaw, she figured it would be best to collect some to have around at camp. The two cats shared soft praises for their great skills during the hunt, before working their way back to meet up with Silentstalk.

[ +3 FP (Squirrel), +1 Dried Oak Leaf, +4 XP ]

Silentstalk had been unsuccessful on his scent trail, easily losing a hare in the thick brush. But as he made his way back, a soft movement caught his attention. A squirrel suddenly ran in front of him from a hole in a tree base, Silentstalk acting fast as he easily made the catch. He felt a small burst of pride within doing so, more than glad he was able to bring back some sort of prey to his group. The trio met up again, checking out what they had collected with great excitement.

[ +3 FP (Squirrel), +3 XP ]

-

It was clear the two on border patrol couldn’t decide whether more cats in the group was better or worse, and their conversation faded out slightly. But an idea formed in Brightspring at the mention of her slight skill in healing. Brightspring looked at Rapidstrike, “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to get a better sense of what we have growing around here. Herb wise, anyways. I’m no expert, but perhaps we could find something of use?” She offered, brows raising as she looked at her patrolling partner. Rapidstrike seemed intrigued at her idea, nodding. “That’s a rather good idea, why don’t you lead the way? Perhaps we can even move farther down the borderline that was checked a while ago, so we can at least accomplish two things at once?” He asked. Brightspring nodded, “An excellent idea.” She said with the flick of her tail, soon making her way towards the trees. As she began using her senses to find any herbs of use, she suddenly took in a scent that was vaguely familiar. She sniffed a green leafed plant, gently plucking it from the ground. “I believe the leaves are used for helping strengthen those who need it.” She mumbled, wracking her mind to make sure it was correct. Rapidstrike seemed more than pleased at her find, opening his jaws to give a compliment, but was cut short by a sudden voice.

[ +1 Burnet, +1 XP ]

“Hi there!” A soft voice sounded ahead of them, from a cinnamon mackerel tabby cat that was slowly heading towards them. Rapidstrike’s fur bristled at the stranger, realizing they hadn’t scented the intruder due to the wind's direction. But the cat stopped as he saw Rapidstrike’s anger, “Oh please calm down, I wish you no harm. I will get out of your fur soon, I promise. I just must ask of you a request,” they asked, watching the two cats carefully. “Well, what’s your name?” Brightspring asked, obviously not as frustrated as Rapidstrike was. The cat grinned at them, “My name is (gonna add link to fennel)Fennel! I’m just looking for a small amount of prey, or instead, a single herb! I’ve been traveling quite a bit you see, and I’m very tired. I haven’t eaten in a while, but I could also definitely use a herb that could possibly help me out in the near future. If you have one of those items, I could offer you a reward if you’re willing. You two seem like very nice cats.” Fennel purred. Rapidstrike exchanged glances with Brightspring to make their decision.
[ To receive Fennel’s reward, offer them 1 FP worth of prey or 1 herb! ]

[ +65 XP for 1198 Words Written ]
[ +10 XP for Patrol Sent ]
[ +10% HUP for each Cat on Patrol ]

Total:
[ +83 XP, +6 FP (x2 Squirrels), x1 Burnet, x1 Dried Oak Leaf ]

183/200 - Level Up! [ +1 FP, +1 Herb of Choice, 1 Common Edit ] 66/300 to Next Level

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:15 am

iStarz & Everly wrote:ShiverClan

the eagle let out another piercing cry before swooping down, just narrowly missing the cluster of bushes below it. despite having hoped that it would give up its pursuit eventually, the eagle still seemed persistent. for whatever reason, even after a decent amount of time had passed, it still continued to circle them, its gaze fixated on the cats that were only partly hidden through the leaves and branches. finally deciding that it was no use to try to wait it out until the large bird left the area, shadestar turned to his clanmates, his expression grim. "we can't stay here forever. if that eagle won't leave on it's own, we'll make it." the tom said in a low voice, his gaze shifting to the eagle that still soared above.

when the eagle dove down once more, the leader sprang forward, digging his claws into its wing and dragging it down with him.
it's other wing flapped at the air furiously as it struggled to free itself from the leader's grasp, but to no avail, as the tom proved to be too heavy for it to free itself from under his paws. within only a few moments, soulshadow had pounced on the other wing, trapping it underneath their weight. the eagle whipped its head around, attempting to fend off its attackers the best that it could. the exertion it had used to fight had taken a considerable toll on it, though, and had grown noticably weaker as it struggled to free itself. lionstep struck its face before honing in, aiming a swift and well-placed bite to the creature's neck. (+5fp, +5xp)
shadestar turned to lionstep and soulshadow, giving the two a small nod of approval. "nice job, both of you." he paused before adding, "the others couldn't have strayed far. let's move on, we can hunt on the way".

with that, the patrol moved along, distancing themselves from the area the scuffle had taken place. nightpaw and sagefur were still nowhere in sight, after all, and the cats were determined not to return to camp without them. soulshadow, despite reassurance from his clanmates, had only grown more worried about sagefur's absence. he would have run off to search for her on his own if it weren't for shadestar's stern reminder that they had to stay together to avoid splitting up the patrol even more.

the noise from the battle must have scared any nearby prey off, as no signs of any seemed to be in sight. not like they minded much, though. the eagle that they had brought down had taken multiple cats to carry with them and was sure to feed more than a few mouths. however, as soulshadow trailed closely behind the others, he spotted something tucked away under a dead log that stood only a few feet away. as his paws were free from having to carry the eagle's weight, he stepped towards it and, upon further inspection, discovered some leftover prey scraps. (+1fp, +1xp)
as he reached to grab the scraps with his teeth, the tom noticed a small bundle of herbs that lay near his paws. the faint but fragrant scent was hard to miss, and though they looked somewhat weathered, the leafy plants still looked to be in fine condition. he picked them up gently before turning to rejoin the others, his jaws full with herbs and prey scraps. (+2 parsley, +1 raspberry leaves)

+25xp for 400 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10xp for predator battle
+10% hunger

total :

+54xp | +10% hunger | +2 parsley, +1 raspberry leaves | +5fp (eagle), +1fp (scraps) | level 1 (98/200)

time seemed to pass by quickly, as it wasn't long before urwisek noticed the sun begin to fall below the skyline. the dimming sky, along with the growing hunger in his belly, signaled that it was time to search for his day's dinner. with a soft sigh, the tom hoisted himself to his paws before descending to the ground with a graceful leap off. the short rest that he had been able to have gave him an extra spurt of energy, which would only help with his search for food. the evening seemed mild, and the cool breeze that passed through soothed him.

the ground felt cool under the tom's paws as he stepped forward, his ears perked as he tried to pick up any nearby sounds. aside from the occasional soft coo of a pigeon or leaves rustling in the breeze, the area was oddly quiet. it wasn't long before he had caught the fragrant, familiar scent of herbs, which was easy to distinguish among his other surroundings. his eyes swept over the streets that surrounded him, swiftly falling upon a couple herbs that sprouted from a nearby patch of grass. (+1 raspberry leaves, +1 lungwort)

though he had spotted pigeons perched on the rooftops earlier, they all seemed to be long gone now, as he didn't seem to come across any as he made his way through the territory. with the absence of other cats in predators in the area and the overall lack of competition for food, he would've thought that there would have been more prey within his sight. the tom did, however, spot a lone cricket only a few feet away from where he stood, chirping softly as it hopped around. the tom paused, his gaze focused on the small insect as he adjusted his footing, before springing forward. the cricket quickly became trapped under urwisek's outstretched paws, where he pierced its delicate frame with one of his claws. though he'd had hopes of catching a more filling meal, it would do for now. (+1fp, +1xp)

+20xp for 237 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+33xp | +0% hunger | +1 raspberry leaves, +1 lungwort | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (33/100)

ToraOkami303 wrote:Eagle Camp

the tom's gaze scanned over the forest as he stepped forward carefully, weaving through the trees that surrounded him. he lifted his head air slightly, his ears pricked as he searched for any signs of nearby prey or predators. as blazepatch was entirely on his own, it was crucial that he made sure to stay alert of the still-unfamiliar territory around him. he couldn't afford to risk any injuries at the moment, especially since his clan's herb storage was already so low to begin with. besides, he would much rather save them for when they were truly needed, and not waste them on injuries that could have easily been avoided.

the underbrush crunched softly under his paws as he moved forward, and blazepatch made an effort to soften his steps. any sound was sure to scare off any prey that may be within the area. while he was certain that there were some nearby, nothing seemed to make an appearance- at least, as far as he could tell. he did, however, come across some prey scraps that sat near the base of a tree. it had barely caught his eye, half-covered by some dead underbrush and between a tangle of roots. though the stringy remains definitely wasn't his first choice for a meal, it would still be something to fill his belly for the time being. (+1fp, +1xp)

the small garden soon came into blazepatch's sight, and he slowed his pace upon nearing the area. the tom peered around cautiously, breathing a small sigh of relief upon finding no signs of twolegs nearby. unfortunately, though, no herbs seemed to be there either. his brief search of the area revealed that the patches where herbs had once grown before were now almost entirely bare, and that the garden itself was near empty. blazepatch let out a small huff, shaking his head in frustration. there was nothing there that he could bring back to camp with him. the tom gave one last glance around, making sure that there was nothing that had escaped his eye, before turning to exit through the small gate he had entered from. he didn't want to stay there long, just in case the twolegs happened to return while he was still there. hopefully he would have more luck the next time he stepped foot outside of camp, as his brief journey hadn't seemed to lead to much. at least his entire journey hadn't been in vain, though, as he wouldn't be returning with his paws completely empty.

+15xp for 126 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+26xp | +0% hunger | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (26/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:08 am

9livesliz wrote:
Acornclan
Acornstar was in need of warriors, and also prey to keep misled alive during leaf-fall. As the less sunlight the forest received, the more prey would want to come into the shade when snow arrived in leaf-bare. He got up from his messy moss den with a few feathers in it, and padded out the entrance of camp. The tang of prey immediately filled his nostrils and he tracked down the scents.
[ 74# words ]

--cats on patrol
Acornstar | HP 100% | HUP 5% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
mouse| 1 FP | x3
squirrel| 2 FP | x1
minnow| 2 FP | x1
sparrow| 3 FP | x0
jay | 3 FP | x0
adder| 4 FP | x0

marigold| infection | x5
dock | shock | x2
catmint | greencough | x1
honey | sore throat | x4
poppy seeds | sleep | x 2
burdock root | serious infection | x1
cobwebs | cuts and scrapes | x2
N/A
--predators:
fox
badger
coyotes
poisonous snakes
birds of prey

hello there! I'm so sorry for the wait, but unfortunately there's a few things that need to be fixed on your post before the writers can reply to it.

items can only be received through explore mechanics, such as replies and leveling up. it looks like you've already added a few yourself, which isn't allowed and would give you an unfair advantage over other users. you'd have to remove the items that you've added before you can get a reply!

you've also given your cat an impossible level of hunger, as hunger increases by 10% with every post. when you first start exploring, your cat won't gain hunger for the first three posts and you won't need to feed them! after that, your cat will begin to gain hunger unless they are fed (they will be unable to explore if their hunger reaches 60% or above. you can learn more about how hunger works under the "food" section here!)

also, if you could add a link to your cats (in this case, you'd link acornstar's page on his name), that would be great! once you fix these things, your post will get a reply asap. if you have any questions, please feel free to dm me or any other writers!
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me