Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Krikree Base by Disgustedorite

Artist Disgustedorite [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Krikree Base

Postby Disgustedorite » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:59 am

Two things:
  1. I described krikrees as coming in so many species of so many colors but only ever drew a small fraction of them
  2. I have been told that this broader group of creatures that krikrees are part of, the biats, would appeal to furries

so...here's a krikree editable I guess, if anyone wants to imagine what their own krikree would look like. Or, try to project their regular fursona's design onto it. I think I'd love to see how people deal with there only being 2 limbs.

The actual lore holds the world record for the longest submission in Sagan 4 history. To summarize, krikrees are a genus (Parusvolucrus) of small, intelligent bird-like creatures that live in forests and shrublands across the supercontinent Wallace and the nearby landmass Kosemen. They range in size from 10 to 20 cm in length (so, think mouse- to rat-size) and usually eat seeds and wingworms (Sagan 4's analogues to insects), though during harsh winters with little food they are known to catch comparatively large prey such as the mouse-sized teacup saucebacks. They're social, even between species, and can organize to chase away threats much larger than themselves. Their eyes are compound and weird and it would take too long to explain why they have a zillion white pupils.

Coloring instructions:
  • There is a coloring base in a folder called color templates or something like that, un-hide it and it'll show a generic krikree design. Use the layers within as a template, or make your own!
  • The shading will look really brown. Open the shading folder and find the tint layer, which is filled in solid brown. Use the paint bucket tool to replace it with the color you want to shade with.

OPTIONAL: Some coloration and design notes if you want to be canon-accurate:
  • Male krikrees frequently have colorful eyes and throat tufts, most often blue, purple, or green (this is not true of every species). Elderly females can also gain these traits.
  • Species native to western Wallace (including Dixon and Raptor, and Verserus) are usually white, grey, or pink
  • Species native to eastern Wallace (including Darwin and Dorite) are typically yellow, red, brown, or orangish.
  • Species native to southern Wallace (including Cheatsy and southern Darwin) and the nearby continent Koseman frequently have contrasting black and white markings, like a magpie or a starling
  • There is an optional layer for adding long quills to the ear feathers. Male krikrees native to southern Wallace and the nearby continent Kosemen have these, but you can put them on any design if you want.

EDIT: Added gradient pseudo-soundstage background options. May add abstract backgrounds and lore-accurate detailed ones later.

Last bumped by Disgustedorite on Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:59 am.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me