Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Rumpipe by Disgustedorite

Artist Disgustedorite [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rumpipe

Postby Disgustedorite » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:29 pm

A creature I intend to submit to Sagan 4. A type of "buttpiper", that is, plents with pipe-like "butt nostrils" used for vocalization, the rumpipe is a fairly small forest-dwelling species which has tightly curled, less conspicuous pipes compared to its frankly ridiculous-looking ancestor. The external sacs of its ancestor are internalized, or rather, its exterior has enveloped them, protecting them with a superficially bellows-like pair of tails deeply encased in its skin.

The growths along its back, which aid in camouflage by breaking up its silhouette, are reduplicated outer ears (only the front-most pair can actually hear). I will not go into a detailed explanation of why that can happen unless someone wants me to, because it's really complicated and requires a lot of context.

This is the beginning of an attempt to recreate a superficially nobomaton-like plent, which others in the Sagan 4 community have dubbed a "nobomination".
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me