Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sprig Cervids || Grand Opening! by Placebo

Based on Click to view
Artist Placebo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sprig Cervids || Grand Opening!

Postby Placebo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:56 am

Main || Genesis || Herd Registry || Fairy Well || Nursery || Growths/Transfers || Genetics || Archives/Banks || Store || Discussion/Discord
Artist Search

WELCOME TO SPRIG CERVIDS!

What are Sprig Cervids?

Sprig Cervids are a species of semi-domesticated deer within the family Cervidae that are known for their innate intelligence, classification as a social animal, and similar looks to domesticated rabbits. They commonly form herds of 7-10 individuals and use a wide array of means of communication, from verbal to non-verbal and can be found on every continent besides Antartica. Much like humans, Sprigs depend on strong social bonds to thrive.

How do I get my own?

Interested in adopting? Simply check the front page or above links for open adoptions and/or events, or if you're looking to gain your first deer, you can obtain one by requesting a free Genesis deer! Once you obtain your first deer, please note that you are locked from obtaining more until you Register your first herd!

INFO

Coat Patterns
See Genetics for more information.

Known Coat Mutations
Red-Eyed Albinism, Melanism, Somatic, Chimerism

Physical Traits
Common || No tail, Short Tail, Standard and Small antlers (M), No antlers (F), No pupil, unedited pupil
Uncommon || Curled Tail, Ear Tufts, Musk Fangs, Large Antlers (M)
Rare || Edited Tail (Tail that goes beyond lower belly), Pupil Edit, Ear Edit, Longer Fur Edit, King Antlers (M), Horns (F)
Very Rare || Edited Antlers, Horns (M), No Antlers/Horns (M), Small antlers (F), Non-Standard Eye Color(s)
Legendary- Unknown for now
Last edited by Placebo on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Species Rules

STAFF
Owner wrote:Placebo

Artists wrote:---

Guest Artists wrote:---
Archivist wrote:---

Discord Moderators wrote:---

Moderators wrote:---

RULES

GENERAL

---As always, CS rules (roleplay, respect, discussion) apply, so please keep this in mind when navigating the species!

---Sprig Cervids are a closed species and you cannot make your own without a custom ticket.

---Please do not spam the threads-- multiple repeats may result in a strike.

---Any and all canon is accepted within the species, and in no way do you need to participate in lore or events to enjoy your Sprig deer!

---Please respect the staff.

---Respect is tantamount, and any evidence and claims of bullying, harassment, lying to cause detriment/slander (whether concerning beliefs, competitions, etc.) or otherwise will be investigated with the possibility of a ban or multiple strikes based on severity.

---Selling of Sprig deer/Sprig custom tickets both in and out of CS and trading Sprig deer for other characters (closed species or otherwise) is prohibited. Currently, trading between Sprig deer is also prohibited but may be allowed in the future.

---Changing the design of any Sprig deer without the appropriate item(s) and approval is prohibited and will immediately result in a strike.

---If you wish to disown/gift/readopt a Sprig deer, please contact the artist to host the readopt if you do not wish to do so yourself, and update the ownership change by contacting the archivist.

---A permanent ban constitutes a complete removal of a user from the Sprig community. In the event of a permanent ban (or temporary ban depending on circumstances) Sprig deer are subject to be revoked and rehomed/readopted without the consent of the prior owner. Banned users may not interact within the public community discord and chats, participate in any events hosted through Sprig Deer, or adopt any further deer. Only temporary bans can be appealed; permanent bans cannot.

ADOPTION

---Due to the nature of adopting Sprig deer, official co-owning is prohibited. You are welcome to share the development of a deer between two or more users, but official ownership only falls to one user, and any permissions regarding readoption, gifting, breeding, and the like must be obtained from said user.

---As of right now, you can theoretically own an unlimited amount of deer, but there is a catch.

---Until you Register your first herd, you can only own up to ONE deer. The first deer registered under your name acts as the Genesis for your account. You can obtain a Genesis through adoption or by obtaining them as a free first deer through the Genesis page.

---There is no penalty for not registering a herd, but future events and adoptions require a registered herd in order to participate!

---Preliminary herds are finite, and cannot exceed 10 deer. In order to obtain more deer in the future, you must register more herds on your account OR apply for a herd expansion.

BREEDING

---Sprig deer rely on a realistic genetics-based and percentage-based system for breeding. Only sexed females can breed with sexed males. Please visit the Nursery for more details.

CUSTOMS/MYOS

---See the Genesis page on information on obtaining a free semi-custom deer.

---As of right now, custom tickets and custom ticket vouchers can only be obtained through staff customs, Genesis semi-customs, and customs/custom vouchers won within events or the Registry or the Fairy Well weekly claims.

---MYOs are prohibited for the time being. If your custom to be made, an artist must do so.

---Mutations and rare and up traits are not allowed on Genesis semi-customs (barring a small chance of horns for female Geneses). This also applies to staff customs barring specific occasions.

ARTIST/GUEST ARTIST GUIDELINES

--- The main page is ONLY for adopts; customs and the like are placed under their own separate area.

---Adopts ending in '0 are ALWAYS sexed male; all other adopts are commonly female, but occasionally non '0 males can occur, but only on adopts ending in '5

---'00 adopts are always males with king antlers or males with horns/coat mutations (more occasional)

---'50s are always males with either large antlers or (smaller chance) king antlers

---All other '0 adopts CAN ONLY BE small or standard antlers (no discrimination on the two)

---Due to the adopt system, skipped numbers on the main page must be reserved for later use-- please notify me if numbers are somehow skipped. Doubled numbers are preferably corrected as soon as possible, but in the event of two adopts with the same number, the second-made adopt will obtain either a reserved skipped number or an appropriate number based on sex.

--- Genesis deer obtained from Genesis Rock ALWAYS default to male but can be female (but not recommended)- Genesis rock females have a small chance of chancing (small) rare horns.

---Main adopts, Geneses, customs, fairy well adopts, event adopts, and nursery batches all have a separate numbering systems/archives.

---The system for female adopts is different- for every 12 female adopts made, 1 can have up to 1-2 rare trait, and 3-4 can have 1-2 uncommon traits. Very rare traits are reserved for events.

STAFF PERKS/GUIDELINES

---Please try to contact me (or have someone contact me) if you plan on going on a hiatus that lasts for more than two months.

---Customs are rewarded monthly by evidence-based activity. Herd registry still applies to staff, but staff can be awarded an activity custom monthly with unlimited uncommon traits. Two months of activity can be combined to create a custom with up to one rare trait and unlimited under.

---Artists can claim a monthly activity custom if at least one of these conditions are satisfied; You make: three main adopts//three genesis customs//three customs won in the Registry/Well/Events//two created nursery batches. Once a guest artist's term is complete and they have finished 5 adopts, they can claim a custom with up to two uncommon edits.

---Archivists and Moderators can claim an activity custom based on work within the community. I will personally keep a record sheet based on help within the Fairy Well, events, moderating (answering questions, settling issues, etc.), archiving, etc.

---Rules are subject to modification. Breaking of certain rules may result in strikes, temporary bans, or permanent bans.----
Last edited by Placebo on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 am, edited 14 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore and Misc.

LORE

REALISTIC

Sprig Cervids are a semi-domesticated species of deer that have a tendency to inhabit temperate forests, but are known to thrive in coastal, sub-tropical, tropical, taiga, and semi-arid regions as well. The species' overall calm disposition and ease of adaptability has made them susceptible to domestication both in the past and modern times as beasts of burden, rideable animals, and meat sources. Within captivity in modern times, farmers are known to keep herds of Sprig deer much like reindeer or horses. Individual deer are known to bond with one human, one family, or even another animal based on close bonds that start when the deer is young or old.

But, the rise of the use of other domesticated ungulates such as horses, donkeys, goats, and the like has declined the need and use of Sprigs. However, a volatile genome close ties with humans has resulted in a wide variety of patterns and colors that mimic closely with domesticated rabbits. Scientists had once believed Sprigs to be a member of the genus Cervus and closely related to red deer due to certain behavioral characteristics, but closer examination has put the deer into their own subfamily altogether due to their ability to grow horns! Additonally, though their antlers mimic the look of modern deer species, the males do not shed them annually, and females have the ability to grow more horn structures that are more common than the males' antler-like structures. The antler-like structures start growing once puberty sets in and tend to stop growing once the deer reach peak maturity.

Sprig are a very large deer-like species that commonly average at 170 cm (with the shortest currently recorded at 139 cm) at the shoulder for both males and females, with males being slightly larger than females on average. The behavioral characteristics for Sprig deer mimic red deer in the way that sprig stags are known to use bellowing roars and their antlers to attract mates, but curiously enough, females are also known to show a preference for coat color, but preferences tend to vary from doe to doe. Sprig deer also have social behaviors more closely related to proghorns or horses in that the deer can easily form mixed-sexed herds in captivity, but wild herds outside of breeding season commonly only have up to three males (with one dominant male) with the rest being does (with one dominant female) and their offspring. Sprig deer are also known to form bachelor and bachlorette groups as well when young deer split from their old herds.

FANTASY

Though Sprig Cervids are known for their semi-domestication, they are also known for their origins within a magic-woven plane between the natural plane and spiritual plane of existences. Ancestors of these deer originated from a region nicknamed 'The Boundless Forest' or 'The Boundless Plane' due to the literally endless nature of the region. However, the name 'Boundless Forest' is a bit of a misnomer-- there are many different biomes and climates in the region, from deserts to jungles and everything in between! The coastlines, as few as they are, are bordered by vast seas that are home to even more regions in the far distance. The magic naturally inherent within the ley lines of the in-between plane give Sprig deer and many other inhabitants partial or full sentience. With no physical barriers or borders yet identified, the region is home to many discovered and undiscovered areas where different groups of animals, including Sprig Cervids, frequent. Sprigs, in particular, are known to keep to themselves (though not always) within these regions and form complex societies, villages, and cities partially based on herd and filial dynamics. The inter-personal bonds between Sprig herd-members are known to be some of the strongest within The Boundless Forest. Societal dynamics with Sprigs are also known to be some of the most complex as well, since Sprig deer within the forest are known to participate in trade, celebrations, culture, politics, tool use, and much more. Sprig deer commonly worship and/or give homage to all different types of dieties and spirits, and many of their gods are known to interact closely with mortals within the plane.

Reaching this plane of existence is nearly impossible without the presence of a magical Rift that acts as a gateway into the in-between plane. However, entering the plane sacrifices the use of a corporeal form due to the energy it takes to transport from one plane of existence to another, and any creature wishing to enter come into the plane as a Wisp, or a ball of energy that reflects the signature of a creature's soul. Only individuals with the strongest of magicks are able to retain their form when passing through each plane, but not without the cost of a great deal of physical and spiritual energy on their part. The only way to regain a corporeal form is to obtain a conduit for a creature's Wisp. The conduit can take many different living forms, but only the deities of Sprig deer make it the simplest for Wisps to transform into Sprig deer conduits. The conduit of a Wisp commonly reflects the soul of the Wisp in many mysterious ways.

GUIDES

---Coming Soon!---

AFFILIATES

---Please pm me if you wish to become an affiliate!---

Last edited by Placebo on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sprig Cervids -- Wip

Postby womp womp » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 am

sobbing
    mark
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sprig Cervids || Grand Opening!

Postby polysaccharide » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:39 pm

mark
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appiesauce » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:51 pm

mark
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaya » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Marking! <3
~ Current Mood: My Playlist is a really wild rollercoaster...

My TH
Rajarshi Drafts
Cupido Drafts

~ Currently Searching For:
** Hoard Pets
* Mustard and Purple Heart Husky
* Wishlist Pets!
~Kaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery