Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Entry #2 — Fairy Lights by Karmel

Based on Click to view
Artist Karmel [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry #2 — Fairy Lights

Postby Karmel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Ah, yes, I feel proud of this one. Was inspired by those little fairy lights and the soft pink and yellow hues often associated with them. Also tried my hand at a few custom line edits. Comments and critiques are always welcome! <3

Standard: Custom Shine
        Common: Custom Tail
        Legendary Edits: Wings

Hey there! I appreciate you coming to check out my artist entries for the amazing Kalon species.
My name is Karmel, or you can call me Lexi, and I would love to have the chance to become an artist for this community.

Q. Why me?
    A. To start, I would like to say that I have an abhorrent amount of free time. Being currently jobless and out of college I spend my waking moments on the internet doing things to fill up my day. After joining Chicken Smoothie, I learned about the adoptable community and absolutely fell in love with the concept. When I saw these Kalons, I was hooked for life. I can dedicate this extra time I have lying around helping out the community via comps, growths, breedings, customs, and etc. I have a dedication for perfection and seek to bring that with me.

Q. What are my strengths?
    A. I am extremely comfortable with line edits and working from a palette/mood board. My favorite type of edit involves the hair and tail, but I can do well with anything thrown at me. That being said, I understand when a community gets flooded with edits and needs a non-edit downtime, for which I would also be happy to oblige. <3 I am more confident in my simpler to medium difficulty designs and feel like they can fit well with the species. I am always trying to improve my work and further my creative designing skills.

Q. What are my weaknesses?
    A. A complex design, though manageable, is something I am still trying to work towards. If I have an idea, image, or mood board to work off it comes easier to me. Another weakness comes in my impatience, which means that even though I am a down-to-the-speck perfectionist, I have a tendency to want to speed things through. I am also working on taming that energetic persistence.
Last edited by Karmel on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry #2 — Fairy Lights

Postby Aey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:36 am

I'm a sucker for the short rabbit tails XD I particularly like the lacy socks.
x
x

x
x
genderfluid / any pronouns
CLOSED for approvals
Imagemy kalons credits
ImageImageImage
Aey

My pets
My items
My wishlist