Based on Click to view
Artist Dr. Paine [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Eleanor's Accessories

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun May 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Well most of them-- I left her mask off so her facial markings could be seen, and I still need to decide on her birthdate (since I am an astrology nut and like to make all my characters match properly |D), so no birthstone for her angel pin... and there's no way I'll be capable of drawing the Songbird doll xD

But! She does have:

-Custom-painted headphones courtesy of Uncle Binary
-Bird-in-cage pendant
-Key locket
-Lighthouse wrist medallion from her dad
-Dice charm on her tail from Uncle Rhaegal
-Prop wings, a project between her and Zdenek <3

She usually just wears the pendants and medallion, everything else is on an as-needed basis xD

ImageImageImage
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fancy character page

Postby Dr. Paine » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

ImageImageImage

Cheat Sheet wrote:

name: Eleanor Fitzroy De Witt
nickname(s): ED(I)
birthday: February 17
number: NB 273
Family:
Parents: Basil, Zdenek
Siblings: N/A
Uncles: Kane, Pyro
Aunts: Chry
Cousins: Kallyma, Papyllon

friends: Kain, Edie
physical traits:
-Long fur
-Long eared
-Non-YFS
-Deep red flame
-Blue tongue/pawpads
-About 2' tall/90lb
(very tall but very skinny)
-Tail is 2'3''

hex codes: #ad0900#3534a9
#aeb4d8#f4e8da (#f4e8da)
(anthro) #b48870#0e0907

sexuality: Pan/homoromantic
voice claim: Aimee Mann via Opal
pouch contents:
-Voice recorder
-Radio
-Specimen jars
-Spyglass
-Lucky stones
-3DS/Pokemon X
-Journal

favorites:
food: Grilled apples and/or snails
color: Indigo blue
show: Steven Universe
Welcome to Night Vale
(audio)books: ASoUE
games: Pokemon, Bioshock
song: Thistle & Weeds/Fancy
place: Lighthouses
animal: Birds, deer, dogs.
mythical creature: Leviathan
instrument: banjo
quote: Lives, lived, will live
genre: Horror/creepy

dislkes:
-bees
-small/windowless places
-underground
-total dark
-sour things
-poorly-executed horror
-spring
-heat
-isolation
-horror-romance genre
-bigots
-books

pets: Phazon
Sander Cohen

goals:
-Live in a lighthouse
-run a radio show
-document the supernatural

hobbies:
-beach combing
-taxidermy
-learning banjo
-meeting others
-exploring (cities/forest/etc)
-learning -- many subjects
ρεяsσηαιтү

σүαιηvεηтιvεσcεαηιcяειgισυsgαмεя

☽ ωнαт sнε ғεεℓs ☾
Eleanor is a friendly bean for sure, always eager to strike up a conversation or figure out what someone's doing... even if this implies a rather poor understanding of the concept of 'personal space'. Once she has decided someone is a friend, only a deep offense on a personal level will make her consider breaking that. She is generally a kind bean, always willing to share a snack or drink with anyone who looks like they could use it and most of whatever money she gets, if it isn't put to whatever game she's been eying recently, is often spent on little gifts for friends and family-- where's the point in hoarding, when you can make someone else happy? Eleanor is always willing to lend a hand to her friends as well, whether it's just hearing them out when they need to talk, help in a project... even come to their defense if they're being bullied, though that tends to be more from Eleanor's own temper and lack of self-control.
She is a deeply impulsive bean, her emotions running deep and raw more often than not. While this means that when she's happy, she's absolutely delighted, contentment is near bliss and love never-ending... it runs the other way. Anger is magnified into rage, fear becoming near terror, a sense of self-failure becoming an overwhelming wall of shame and guilt. More than once, all of this eventually runs her into just feeling burnt out and numb for a few weeks or more at a time; something made especially worse during the springtime, oddly enough. She's still learning just how to manage this and keep herself from falling too deep into one extreme or the other, but it's something that will take some doing.
When it comes to her family, Eleanor loves them to bits! She's never doubted for a moment how they care for her, whether she's out bone hunting or constructing prop wings with her par, Zdenek; or exploring the coast with her father, Basil. In addition to her biological uncles, aunt and cousins (who she still hasn't met often, due to distance, but effort is being made!), Eleanor has fully accepted her more honorary uncles-- Binary Helix, a Ceiral, and Rhaegal, a Kiamara, both old and very dear friends of her father. She's grown up around some interesting sorts, but she's happy for it-- a family's a family after all, no matter how pieced together it might seem.

☽ ωнαт sнε ℓσvεs ☾
Eleanor's interests are incredibly diverse, but often short-lived, or at least have a tendency to cycle through each other. She will almost always have an intense interest in games, for one-- her favorites are the Pokemon series (X is her current favorite, followed by SoulSilver), and she quite loves the Legend of Spyro trilogy. And though she's technically not allowed to play it yet... Eleanor has snuck more than a few hours on Bioshock 2, mostly out of curiosity to where her name came from! She has also followed in her par's trade ever since she was first able to-- taxidermy and bone collecting. She has a small otter-skull mask (though she's near outgrown it!) of her own, a number of shed antlers, some teeth and other skulls; as well as a small sparrow mount-- the first one she ever made for herself that was display worthy. Things like cross-stitching, origami, sand art and woodcrafting are the sort of things she'll pick up and set back down again as her mood dictates, often leaving projects uncompleted for months at a time before getting around to finishing them. Her banjo lessons used to be much the same, until she was given the ultimatum of 'keep this up or we're not paying for it anymore', from her parents... but hey, now that she's gotten decent at it, she's more keen on keeping up with it.
She adores music, and indeed, sound in general-- she's almost always seen with a lovely pair of headphones, custom-built and painted by Binary Helix, as well as an electronic device that serves as radio, voice recorder and media player'; cobbled together by Binary and 8-Track. Eleanor is almost always listening to some kind of music or audiobook she's downloaded... and actual books, as far as she's concerned, actual books are good for nothing but feeding the fireplace. This is in-part due to Eleanor having some severe reading problems-- her eyesight is fairly good (perhaps a little nearsighted), but in all but very large print books, the letters and words just start to run together, and it's near impossible for her to really keep focus for more than a few sentences. She has some better success with comics and reading on computers, though-- the pictures help with comics, and she's able to modify the text on webpages, or utilize text-to-speech programs. Eleanor has already become quite a fan of creepypasta, though again, this is rather curtailed by her parents wanting to make sure she doesn't come across anything too inappropriate or scary for her age. She tends to discard the internet in favor, of all things, for the radio, though-- the one rigged up with the aid of 8-Track carries a hint of the Cerbyl's mysterious receiving powers, and she can pick up a rather astonishing number of stations; and one of her favorite things to look for are numbers stations.

☽ ωнαт sнε вεℓιεvεs ☾
It must also be noted that, even at her young age, Eleanor shows a strong religious streak. Her beliefs are very similar to her par's, but... a little more on the 'vengeful God' side. Ultimately, there is something out there above mortal knowledge, something ultimately benevolent but who won't flinch from punishing those who deserve it-- and whose forgiveness must be earned, not simply asked for. There are other spirits as well-- some that had been mortal beings on Earth, some from... somewhere else entirely; and the amount of influence they might have over the world is... variable. There are certainly forces that take pleasure in bringing harm to others, but she believes most are at least neutral, not going out of their way to help or cause harm. She also believes in the idea of guardian angels... though, she personally feels more inclined to see these guardians as taking animal forms, rather than anything humanoid/beanlike. Eleanor also takes some stock in nature worship-- more offering prayers (and occasionally, actual offerings) to the animals whose bones she collects, to the sea, forest and sky for the things she finds there as well. Much like Zdenek, Eleanor abjectly refuses to keep or work with any animal remains she feels she hasn't been given permission to use. This does color her interactions with others to a degree, too-- kindness first, of course, always treat others how you want to be treated. However, she already firmly believes this to run both ways-- if she's met with hostility, she'll get right hostile back; and if someone wants a second chance from her? They'd better be ready to work for it. Eleanor is no stranger to superstition, either. While she doesn't hold the same contempt for anchors that her father does, she still hesitates to wear anything marked with them, instead opting for lighthouses or ship wheels-- the former, a symbol of strength, guidance and healing in even the toughest storms, while the latter indicate the ability to steer one's own destiny (and hey, they're her most prominent markings, they gotta mean something). She gets wary over bringing flowers on a ship due to the old belief of that signifying a funeral to be held, and while she deeply admires seagulls, skuas and other seabirds, she will not keep or work with their remains. She has a number of little lucky stones and shells, though most of them are kept in jars in her room; only three are kept with her-- a chunk of clear quartz carved with a vulture, a small piece of lapis lazuli, and the amethyst set in the angel pendant her par gave her.

☽ ωнαт sнε ғεαяs ☾
Her family-- be they by blood or by choice-- is Eleanor's life. Even though she tends to get absorbed in whatever's got her attention at the time, she likes to at least be around others-- this could just be playing one of her games in the same room as one of her parents, or fiddling with a tricky little craft while listening to some of her friends talk; as long as she's in the presence of at least one other person, she's happy. Totally isolated, with no ability to contact others though... that wreaks havoc on Eleanor's mood and mindset. More than that, she fears being the cause of her own isolation, whether it's being too 'creepy' for others, being too distant or otherwise just... failing and not being worthy of being loved by others.
Windowless rooms also frighten Eleanor, as does being underground-- she gets nervous even having to go down into the basement of her home, and avoids it as much as possible. It's not exactly claustrophobia, as she is fine in small rooms with a window, but if she's cut off from seeing the sky? That sets her on edge quite a bit. She's learned to manage this fear somewhat though; as long as she can put on some music, she'll be relatively okay.
With her beliefs, and growing up around dead things, Eleanor has already accepted mortality as a fact of life and shows no fear of death. However, she does fear... lingering. Being sick or otherwise in a state where she's 'living', but unable to enjoy the things she loves, or is otherwise in prolonged pain. She likes to think she'd learn to live with it and carry on, but... it's still something that gets her worried from time to time.
She also has a... rather pronounced fear of bees; and frankly, no one knows where it came from-- she's not allergic to them, she's never had a bad run-in (and even then, the sheer mass of her fur would prevent most stings), but she'll still run crying to her parents asking them to get rid of it if she spies one while out hunting for butterflies!

♫ мυsιc ♫
Eleanor adores music, and adores sharing it! Even if it's an... odd mix, but hey, what works, works! (Blanket content warning on all.)

A Ballad of Fiedler and Mundt
Big Houses
Haunted
The Thing That Should Not Be
Touch
Android Hell/You Can't Escape
The Cave vs Die Young
Thistle and Weeds
Awake, O Sleeper

❤ αят ❤
Art of Eleanor, whether it's from myself or others, it goes here!
Eleanor, by pipsqueak99
Anthro color-in (by me, lines by Salt)
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eleanor's Accessories

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 am

(just posting this as an FYI-- given that Eleanor takes the 'dragon' part of her species seriously and is a little bit of a hoarder, I'm open to adding other people to her lines if they want to add some stuff xD Just post here/PM me!)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me