7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

first star #8 //aoife

Postby inactive20000009 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:47 am

star light, star bright,
the first star I see tonight,
i wish i may, i wish i might,
have the wish i wish tonight.

remember when you used to wait beside your window every night to catch the first star and make a wish? well, those stars actually aren't stars at all. little furry creatures with glowing starlights in their chests make it their job to be the first light in the sky, every night. first stars will pick out the wishes they deem most worthy and store them in the glass bottle they carry. when the time is ripe, the first star comes down to earth to make the wish come true.

ehehe i dodge'd
so yeah, this babe needs to be drawn with the dodge tool, and the star is a mixture of burn and dodge tools. <3
you'll notice that s/he carries a bottle of stardust, instead of a note. that's because s/he has a photographic memory, so s/he doesn't need to write down the wishes s/he grants in order to remember them.

also, his/her extra sparkles aren't really extra sparkles, just part of her design.

for this contest, give him/her a theme song c: that's why i didn't put lyrics up for this one~

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]song:[/b]

ends in about a week, feel free to pretty up and add small extras.
Last edited by inactive20000009 on Wed May 28, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
inactive20000009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: first star #8 //open

Postby Prince of Light » Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 am

ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ - colossalConquistador
ɴᴀᴍᴇ - Cassiopeia - "Cas" for short - "Cassy" to her friends
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ - Female
soɴɢ - Outro - M83
__ᴇxᴛʀᴀs______

soɴɢ ᴄʜoɪᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ wʜʏ (ɪɴcʟᴜᴅɪɴɢ sʜoʀᴛ ᴘᴇʀsoɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ) - This girly looks powerful. She looks like she can face anything that comes her way, and still come out on top at the end. This song's lyrics, and overall sound feels empowering and very strong. The music also replicates her design, I feel, with the almost galactic type look she has achieved. The mention of king, and royalty, also matches her power and her colors - The use of royal blue, and deep royal purples, and additions of accents of pink. The gold of her star also reflects the almost royal like power seen in her appearance and in the song chosen. She looks like a remarkable girl that can withstand the trials that rise against her to the end of time. She is fearless and never, ever forgets that. She delivers her dreams without being reminded, without the dependence of others or a list. She beats on through never ending currents and storms to grant the wishes she sees fit, without delay, without hesitation. And her immense power and courage is what powers her surge to see to it, and see it done.

ᴀʀᴛwoʀᴋ - Image
Created by me. So much for "small" extras. Linked to the larger version of this art piece due to image size. Two other pieces found above.

Credits
First Star species property of pocketbee
First Star #8 design by pocketbee
All art within this form by me, colossalConquistador
All art within this form property of the winner chosen,
whether that would be me or not, as long as all signatures
stay visible in the piece won. All credit must return to me.
I'm the king of my own land.

Facing tempests of dust, I'll fight until the end.

Creatures of my dreams raise up and dance with me!

Now and forever, I'm your king!
Last edited by Prince of Light on Mon May 26, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image Image

..........█

Prince of Light

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Tue May 20, 2014 12:54 pm

username:Mai-mai-mari
name:Ayan -A name meaning bright
song:Moment-Aiden

Just one more kiss to soothe the pain exists,
In a world of lies. Misery take my shame alive.
When everything fails a violent death, the smile you gave.
Visit me in hell tonight, and say:
"If love exists, I will fall."

Extras
Why this song?
I chose the song Moment for this lovely because of the personality I envision for him. I imagine him searching for his love; and granting wishes along the way. He was hurt a long time ago; when he fell in love with another; but lost her. He searches endlessly for this love; wishing and wanting for her to return to him. Due to his good memory; he can never forget; no matter how much he wants to. It torments him; and he switches between anger;misery;hopelessness; and dreaming of finding her again.

Last edited by Sixbane on Tue May 20, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby star note » Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

username: My username is star note. It used to be *shiver* but I changed it a while ago to sort of fit me and my signature a little better. Star note is kind of a creative username because it's two of my favourite things combined! It took me a while to find the perfect combo, but I chose it because star + music note = star note
      name: I would name her Memory, because of her photographic memory- which she does in fact share this quality with me, because I also have a photographic memory!
      gender: If you hadn't already caught my uses of feminine words such as "her", "she", etc, then I guess I will have to plainly tell you that ! Memory is in fact a female. Girly, gal, gurl, woman, female, whichever you prefer- just the opposite of male.
      song: Time by chase & status. I chose this because if you watch the video you will realize that it deals with abuse and was made for women and children in these situations. Memory has had to deal with many sad children, granting their wishes for them, and because of her photographic memory most of these events are pretty much burned into her brain- she takes these things very seriously, especially her job of granting children their very important wishes...the song is also very beautiful and memory believes that it's an amazing way of getting the message out.
Last edited by star note on Wed May 28, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star note

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahloan » Tue May 20, 2014 4:40 pm

u s e r n a m e:
CityLights.
n a m e:
Aoife {"ee-fa"
it is just an Irish name meaning "giving life"
g e n d e r:
Female
s o n g:
Shining Star by City of Lions

Why this song?
I choose this song because when I am sad, this was the song that always lifted me up. I would listen to this song and all my troubles would just go away. Like my wish had came true. This little first star reminded me that there is good in the world and that things will always get better. Most things in life will not kill you. Enjoy the little things and don't stress the small things vuv

Why do I want this girl?
I've seen this species around and always loved the idea, I just never saw a design that I went absolutely crazy for. Then you posted this one and I just had to try out for her. I feel like this is the one for me, I love the idea of her having photographic memory and carrying around star dust instead. I love everything about this girl and it means the world to have a chance for her. Although I do wish good luck to everyone else and that who ever takes her home at the end of the day will take good care of her and get her all the art she deserves.

Why the name?
The other day I was looking for names for my other characters and I saw this one- It stood out to me and I wanted to save it for something special. So no, I did not choose it for the meaning, although I did look it up because it definitely did not look English xD The name just looked like it had suited the first star well- so I went with it. It sounded beautiful, light, delicate, and like it just kind of rolled off of the tongue, which is the type of name that I felt fit here.

Other ;;
I was going to make a great big and nice form, but I'm no good at it and I didn't feel like distracting the eyes from what I had really written. So you get this boring form, I'm sorry, but I don't regret it either. I'm proud with how this turned out, whether I win or not.

Also, thank you for giving me the chance to finish up my form and not ending it without me <3

About Aoife ;;
She had a rough childhood, people would make fun of her for having a photographic memory. They did not know that it was a good thing, and that they should actually be jealous. So she tried to hide that part of her for a very long time. Then later she realized, that this was a good thing, she didn't need a scroll or anything like the other first stars. So she then began to embrace it, she now stands tall and loves her brain.
{Ran out of time for the rest of this- but I will add more if I get her vuv

Personality ;;
She is very playful, but knows when to get serious and get down to business. Knowing what it is like to be pushed away and called names, she is very friendly and likes to help people when she sees someone looking sad, lonely, or lost. Sometimes she remembers the mean things said about her when she was little and how they pushed her around and gets sad. Then she just remembers that those times are over now and that she has lots of friends that are there for her now and that care about her and will not push her around.

Likes / Dislikes ;;
+ The sky, stars, friends, her brain, her star friend
- Bullies, being called names, forgetting

Strenghs / Weaknesses ;;
+ Remembering things, making people happy, floating around, flying
- Childhood, running, walking

{Alright I think I've cut it close enough with times xD
Thank you again for this chance
Of course I will add more to all of this if I get her and if not then who ever wins her will be able to use any of these ideas <3
Last edited by Fahloan on Wed May 28, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fahloan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Wed May 21, 2014 8:52 am

username:
Snow!

name:
Hubble
Named after the Hubble telescope whom today still spots out beautiful views of the uncharted territory called space. <3 I though it seemed fitting since this FS has a nebula/galaxy design and that's exactly what Hubble brings pictures of to Earth. ^v^

song:
Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
I feel as if this song demonstrates how Hubble has gotten past tougher times. As a young First Star, she had dealt with many problems, as well as delivering her first wish. Now, overcoming these problems, she feel as if the song can be implemented on other First Star's lives and some of the wish asking children.
Last edited by Snowseph on Wed May 28, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Skylark » Sat May 24, 2014 11:43 pm

username: Ruby-Skylark
name: Starlight
song: Galaxies by Laura Veirs

I would die if this was my first :mrgreen:

(sorry for the sad looking form, I can't draw, or write, and my ipad doesn't do prettying very well :oops: )
=(>.<)= I hoard All Cats!

My Star Pets: 1.ImageImage 2.Image3.Image
My Cat:
1.Image 2.Image 3.Image 4.Image 5.Image 6.Image
My Dreamies: ImageImageImage
Ruby-Skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inactive20000009 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:24 am

this is ending sometime next week, since i don't have much time and forms aren't done <3
i love what i'm seeing so far ;)
inactive20000009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inactive20000009 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 am

ending in a few hours! please finish up ^o^ <3
inactive20000009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahloan » Wed May 28, 2014 10:00 am

By any chance could it be like another 3 hours or more?? I have B period but will edit my form after vnv
Fahloan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me